JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Migite no Arika

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009815 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1680 on: November 23, 2011, 01:08:30 AM »
That's exactly what I said! :lol: Their counter argument was that it shouldn't be that way, that Skyrim is only popular cause of the marketing behind it and that Bethesda games should be taken to task by reviewers more as they can somehow get away with releasing games with these glitches whereas new IP's get unfair criticism if they have the same issues. My argument further to that was to name one open world game, from any developer, that doesn't have it's bugs on release. Again, maybe two people shoved Xenoblade down my throat, which they said was more colorful, just as epic in scale and glitch free when compared to Skyrim. I've no doubt it's a good game, I'd like to play it myself but they just don't strike me as the same kind of RPG.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1681 on: November 23, 2011, 06:26:39 AM »
UGLY!? WTF are they smoking? :lol: Definitely one of the most beautiful games I've ever played. art style and atmosphere >>>>>>>> all

And Compared to the likes of Battlefield, Uncharted, MW, Assassins Creed, Gears which you see commercials for every other break watching sporting events or Comedy Central, tie-ins with soda brands and chain stores ect. Skyrim hasn't had much marketing at all. At least where I am it has been successful because of insane word of mouth. I know people that only play the biggest bro shooters and Tiger Woods 12 that were just as excited as I was for it. And if I bring up the game during water cooler talk they get all excited telling their stories about the experiences they had in the game. Plus the elder scrolls games have a history and depth of the world and the lore that other similar games don't. Along with being first person which adds to the immersion.

I've also actually been shockingly bug free so far sans the very annoying low rez texture thing from installing on 360. >_< The one thing that most annoys me is I can pickpocket peoples clothes but they won't put on the clothes I put in their inventory and there is no way to force them to. So now there are like 15 people in Windhelm walking around in their underwear. Not really a bug but it would be so much fun to mess around with people. :( FIX THAT SHIT BETHESDA!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2011, 06:32:42 AM by zoolander »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1682 on: November 23, 2011, 07:18:34 AM »
And there are guys out there making better texture mods for the PC ver (not to mention a lot of other mod stuff).
How many other games can you think of that has such a fanbase... except GTA. :P

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #1683 on: November 23, 2011, 12:02:10 PM »

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1684 on: November 23, 2011, 01:46:40 PM »
^ lol that commercial makes me think of the yuko oshima facts - and the possiblity of yuko being in the game  :O2

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1685 on: November 24, 2011, 01:26:30 AM »
So tomorrow at midnight, I could either be returning home really happy, or really bitter. Let's hope it's the former. Let's go AC: Revelations!

I could really go  for a new game asap. I already beat SR3's story and activities. Only thing left are the challenges.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1686 on: November 24, 2011, 10:54:21 PM »
oh snap call of duty elite also tracks for black ops  :cow:

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1687 on: November 24, 2011, 11:33:41 PM »
I just beat AC Revelations. I got a little teary eyed towards the end, we will miss you Ezio.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1688 on: November 25, 2011, 06:53:12 AM »
^ Aww. Just bought the game. Gonna wait til the morning to play it though.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #1689 on: November 25, 2011, 08:01:47 AM »
Been busy lately so I totally forgot that I could get Arkham City for PC already!

Fixed that oversight today, can't wait to start playing it.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1690 on: November 25, 2011, 02:14:12 PM »
Here's a weird one - Uncharted 3 stutters when playing cutscenes. Has anyone else had this, or should I start budgeting for a new PS3?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1691 on: November 26, 2011, 01:25:05 AM »
I'm getting more than annoyed at David from 4PlayerPodcast lately. He's been acting too much like an asshole to the other guys and it seems like on every podcast he's in, he just brings the pace of the show to a complete halt whether he's interrupting someone or going off on some unrelated tangent trying to be funny but is really not. His attitude on games and discussing them can be so frustrating too, they're usually inane and constantly negative, usually over something that wouldn't bother anyone else. In the most recent one he said how he was so bored of Skyward Sword after 3 hours that he gave up on it. I appreciate if the game has a slow start, especially if you've played other Zelda games before but really? Giving up when the game's only really getting started? He listened to Brad talk about later experiences and then he was like "Oh I should keep going I guess." You guess David? You can tell his attitude frustrates the others too. It's a shame cause his videos of him playing games like Valkyria Chronicles are usually very good.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1692 on: November 27, 2011, 01:22:33 AM »
So apparently I'm a Final Fantasy fanboy because I said I like the fact that FFXIII-2 has mini games? :? :o

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1693 on: November 27, 2011, 03:25:55 AM »
^^ Decided to search up David of 4PP at YT, and came across this

Posted over 2 years ago, and looks like he was already annoying his peers back then.  :smhid

I was just thinking of PS3 trophies.  I don't think I'll ever obtain a platinum one. :lol:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1694 on: November 27, 2011, 04:11:38 AM »
bought a rechargable battery pack for xbox and grid for ps3 (had it for xbox a few years ago but never finished it)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1695 on: November 28, 2011, 02:10:36 AM »
Finished the story for AC Revelations. So beautiful.  :cry:

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1696 on: November 28, 2011, 10:45:29 PM »
^ that was fast  :nervous

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1697 on: November 29, 2011, 10:26:48 PM »
^ I know.  :nervous

Sometimes I regret the long hours I spend playing games. But you know, when a game's story is too damn good, I can't stop.  :lol:

Skyward Sword's probably gonna keep me occupied the longest. Can't wait to get my hands on that.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1698 on: November 30, 2011, 12:40:51 AM »
Well, looks like it's time to buy a Kinect.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1699 on: November 30, 2011, 02:47:19 AM »
lol dick kicker  :rofl:

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: No Regret Life - Migite no Arika