JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009861 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2260 on: December 20, 2012, 10:57:18 PM »
I completed Dark Souls! I AM THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2261 on: December 21, 2012, 02:04:31 AM »
I completed Dark Souls! I AM THE GREATEST VIDEO GAME PLAYER OF ALL TIME.

Awesome! Congratulations!

I went on a bit of a shopping spree and got Bully (I've been wanting that game for a long time), Mark of the Ninja (really liked the demo) and the first two episodes of The Walking Dead (almost finished with episode one)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2262 on: December 22, 2012, 10:32:04 PM »

DIO.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2263 on: December 23, 2012, 05:00:37 AM »
MERRY PAC-MAS!
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #2264 on: December 26, 2012, 07:32:05 PM »

This is the video for me.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2265 on: December 29, 2012, 09:15:42 PM »
Halo hates me!

Last week I lost my roughly 80-90% progress on Chapter 8 on Halo CE. This was due to my own stupidity, so I can't exactly blame the game... or I can blame the stupidly designed autosave system.
So yesterday and today I spent replaying the lost chapter and continued on with the next one.
I got the brain implants from Keys and had almost reached the escape ship and then... the game froze and I had to restart the xbox.
Ok, not so bad I think, I mean this game has AUTOSAVE, it has saved alot and surely it will let me continue where I left.
Well looks like autosave in Halo is purely designed to work against me. I have to start the chapter from the beginning!  :banghead:

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2266 on: December 30, 2012, 12:08:46 AM »
If you're into like, text adventure type, story-focused games, I highly recommend getting Analogue: A Hate Story.  It's on sale now on Steam for $2 and some change. It's more like an interactive novel, I guess. Good stuff, tho.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2267 on: December 30, 2012, 12:09:46 AM »
Spent tonight playing a good bit of Episode 3 of The Walking Dead....and I had to stop. It was shock, after shock, after "WHAT THE FUCK" shock and then it just all built up to this particular moment. Honestly? I welled up with emotion and it didn't stop the whole way through. I had to put the controller down for a while and just think about what happened after the fact. It's one of the best pieces of game script writing I think I've ever seen and superbly acted too.

The game is an absolute must buy btw, do play it. If it keeps up, I may even change my mind about my pick for 2012 GOTY.

*EDIT*

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 08:26:45 PM by Tuffty »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2268 on: December 31, 2012, 06:50:42 PM »
Finally ordered Persona 4. Hopefully it's here this week. If only I had got it before Christmas. Lost time; Damn.

I've been playing GTA IV:TBOGT. I've been doing the drugs wars,  and I've finally reached 100. I was hoping the 100th one would be a special run, but it wasn't. Leading up to it however, I did find myself going to places that I don't recall going to for the drug wars. I also experienced bait cars/helicopters for the first time.

I find Luis' friend Armando to be hilarious. Listening to what he says during the drugs wars gives me some good laughs, especially when he comments on Henrique (H) getting injured  (0:12-0:24 in the vid). I also like his commentary during reckless driving. (0:30-0:41)

"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2269 on: December 31, 2012, 11:02:28 PM »
Everyplace I went to near my house didn't have a copy of Catherine for the PS3. Only the Xbox version. :(

For now, until I can find a copy, guess I'll be playing L.A. Noire next month. Also pre-ordered The Last of Us.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2270 on: January 03, 2013, 06:40:25 AM »
using the frag fx shark for black ops 2 - been a while since I've used it as I've gotten used to the avenger controller add-on thing (which works well for the 'slower' shooter games)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2271 on: January 04, 2013, 09:59:17 PM »
Persona 4 arrived!
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2272 on: January 04, 2013, 10:09:52 PM »
A little late to the party but I just picked up Metal Gear Solid 4 for Ps3. Lets do this!
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 02:21:28 AM by Forthisgift »

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Demo33

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2273 on: January 05, 2013, 01:22:09 AM »
^

There are a group of gamers that cast on Twitch, in which they play all the Metal Gear Solid games on the hardest difficulty. I usually watch them when I get bored.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2274 on: January 05, 2013, 01:45:04 AM »
I think there's a Forza Horizon rant coming soon because it's making me want to smash it into 500 pretentious, cool pieces, all while awesome music is playing and the most awesome girl ever is saying the awesomest things very occasionally and for very good reasons  :panic:

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #2275 on: January 05, 2013, 01:51:36 AM »
This is very random, so forgive me if there is an actual thread dedicated to this (if not.. why not?!). Did anyone get a WiiU for Christmas? :D

I got mine a little before Christmas (early present 8D), and I absolutely love it. MIIVERSE IS THE BEST THING, FFFFF. Let me know, and I'll add you guys/follow your Miiverse profiles/whatever :D

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2276 on: January 05, 2013, 05:53:23 AM »
Everyplace I went to near my house didn't have a copy of Catherine for the PS3. Only the Xbox version. :(

Guess who found a copy of Catherine as well as Heavy Rain The Director's Cut today?

Looks like I just had to wait a few days, and checking periodically online, for either of the two Gamestop stores nearby to have a copy. Strange they didn't have any on New Year's Eve, but 4 days later I found at least 3 copies in one store.  :?

Gonna be busy this month, game-wise.

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2277 on: January 06, 2013, 04:49:54 AM »

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2278 on: January 06, 2013, 07:14:12 PM »
Just played the second episode of TWD but I'm not sure if my save file from episode one was ok.
Kenny seemed not to remember anything I did on the first episode for him.
Dunno... but I'm pretty sure I took Kenny's side when they wanted to throw Duck out and I saved Duck on the farm but in episode 2 he was like "you did nothing to save my son back then blabla I'm leaving"

Downloading episode 3 now.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2279 on: January 07, 2013, 04:13:40 AM »
using the frag fx shark for black ops 2 - been a while since I've used it as I've gotten used to the avenger controller add-on thing (which works well for the 'slower' shooter games)

it seems that the avenger controller thing works better here as well - the shark just seemed to have some weird lag or something that wasn't present in mw3 but makes it feel weird in b.o.2...

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)