JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Analog Fish - Shirokurokku

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009834 times)

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #980 on: December 18, 2010, 03:50:58 AM »
I've been waiting so long for this FEZ game that I totally forgot about it. Can't believe it isn't out yet but hopefully we will get to play it someday soon. Looks like a mix of Paper Mario and Echochrome.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #981 on: December 18, 2010, 03:56:34 AM »
^
Oh my god, that game! Yes! I remember hearing about that ages ago @___@! Completely forgot about it. It looks amazing! :O Definitely a must have, I think~!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #982 on: December 18, 2010, 10:44:46 PM »
I finished AC Brotherhood. (You don't have to worry about spoilers while I share my two cents on the ending).
I've read about ppl complaining/upset about the ending, since it was a "cliffhanger" and it didn't give many answers." I think it ended well. How much can they give away? Hold your pants up ppl, AC 3 is definitely coming. Out of all the AC games, I believe the first game's ending was the only clifhanger out of the 3. It had ppl going mad! I went mad.  At least with the endings of AC 2 and AC Brotherhood, we knew bits and pieces of where the game would be headed.

For some weird reason I thought that there wasn't going to be an AC 2 after the first, but then in my mind I was like "well, there has to be one since the first game ended like that." I wonder what AC 3 will be like. I wonder if Desmond will be the main protagonist, or if we'll be introduced to another ancestor. I definitely think we'll be meeting someone based on what was said in the ending of Brotherhood.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #983 on: December 18, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
^ Interesting. Can't wait to play it when I get my hands on it next week (my dad confided in me that it's one of my pressies XD). I heard people say the ending makes the series even more messed up which is pretty surprising cause it's already weird enough! As far as I know, AC was originally planned as a trilogy so the next one may be the last. Could only be Desmond if that's the case. But then you have such an wide range of eras to visit, and considering how successful the franchise is now I can only imagine that while Desmond's story may finish at AC3, there's certainly enough incentive to encourage other spin-off stories and let the franchise keep raking in the money for Ubisoft.

Offline Fushigidane

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #984 on: December 18, 2010, 11:40:34 PM »
I FREAKING HATE IT WHEN I'M ABOUT TO CATCH A POKEMON IN POKEMON PINBALL OR ABOUT TO CATCH A FISH ON PIGG but then I FAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #985 on: December 19, 2010, 12:58:21 AM »
^ To catch Pokémon in Pinball is really a pain.. .____.

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline RoyMoy

• Member+
« Reply #986 on: December 19, 2010, 01:49:17 AM »
^That does look incredible :shocked:

- pay what you want. As little as 0.01 if you wish.

I paid a buck, because it was all that I had left in my Paypal. Machinarium is incredible, Braid is ok (if over-hyped), and the other games look promising for sure. Aout to install them, even :thumbup

Revenge of the Titans is an awesome game, guys. It's a RTS/Tower Defense style hybrid, has a great visual style, and audio to go with it. Been playing it a few hours a day :thumbup

I like the graphical and audio style as well. The only thing I find annoying so far is how I have to cancel out of building stuff to reload turrets and collect cash.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #987 on: December 19, 2010, 02:34:35 PM »
Picked up where I left off Devil Survivor recently after I finally got round to replacing my DS charger. I thought I may even have to restart the game as it's been so long, but surprisingly I picked up where I left off very quickly. It's still as fun to play as I left it, who knows what's gonna happen on Day 4? :o

And I guess it's a neat little milestone, but I reached 30000 gamerscore!

Reached it in one Versus game in L4D2, as a charger I carried a survivor over 80 feet and as a survivor we navigated through the sugar mill without alerting any witches. Two achivements that have annoyed me for a while now and I got them within 15 mins of each other XD
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 03:10:56 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #988 on: December 20, 2010, 05:43:58 PM »
The XBL title Hydrophobia got a complete make over and price drop!

http://www.hydrophobia-game.com/pure.php

I played the demo a while ago, it was ok, but I have to check out this new improved version again, maybe with the price drop I'll get it this time.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Bundle in Bundle
« Reply #989 on: December 22, 2010, 01:49:43 PM »
We just added the Humble Indie Bundle #1 into the Humble Indie Bundle #2!
This is a pretty large change, so it requires some explanation that can't be fit in a little box.

If you're an owner of one of the 180,000+ Humble Indie Bundle #2s already purchased before this announcement, you will find a complimentary Humble Indie Bundle #1 on your download page. I'd like to sincerely thank all of you for supporting the bundle and making it a success!

If you enjoy this gift of six additional games, please consider adding more to your order on your Humble Bundle download page.

For new customers
For new purchases of the bundle, the Humble Indie Bundle #1 is only unlocked if you pay more than the current average. If you'd like to pay under the average and increase your payment later on your download page, that will work too. You just need to increase the average at some point to permanently unlock the first Humble Bundle. This is not possible for gifts though, as the order amount is secret.

You will find a new slider that lets you decide how much you'd like to give to the five main HIB #1 game developers (Samorost 2 is a freebie).

A word about Steam
Our Steam keys for the Humble Bundle #1 are a little glitchy: they don't unlock Samorost 2 or the Mac versions of Gish and Aquaria. We will try to fix this but since it's ultimately out of our control, we can't make any guarantees. Additionally, we only have about 150,000 of them. I believe we will be able to get more, but currently, they are on a first come first serve basis. Also, no promises about activating your HIB #1 games on Desura at the moment.

Get your bundle!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #990 on: December 22, 2010, 06:12:15 PM »
XBL holidays offer "Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light" only today for 600 MSP (half the price)

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #991 on: December 23, 2010, 06:27:15 AM »
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 06:37:37 AM by shurastriker »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #992 on: December 23, 2010, 02:00:15 PM »

I wish you all Merry Christmas and Happy (Gaming) Holidays!!!  XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #993 on: December 23, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
Seconded!! Hope you guys and girls get the games you've been asking for and maybe even some hidden gems you didn't know about!

Pretty sweet video on a real life FPS multiplayer game, appreciate the ending :lol:

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #994 on: December 23, 2010, 10:28:48 PM »
Same here! :D
Wish you all a happy merry Christmas and many many presents!

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #995 on: December 24, 2010, 11:47:48 AM »
Ever since I started playing an MMORPG again for the first time in more than a year, I've been really surprised by how many of the players are potheads.

Offline Crazy shizz

• Anya's Slave
  • Member+
« Reply #996 on: December 24, 2010, 09:31:49 PM »
OMG WTFUX NO ONE TOLD ME THAT THEY SHOWED DONKEY KONG COUNTRY REMAKE AT E3?!

OH GOD. SOMEONE PLEASE PINCH ME.

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #997 on: December 24, 2010, 10:54:53 PM »
Anyone get any good games for Christmas? I got two! Both Disney themed :lol: I got Epic Mickey (Wii) and Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep (PSP). Can't wait to get home so that I can try them out. Omg, so many games to play, 2011 will be an awesome gaming year

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #998 on: December 24, 2010, 11:10:58 PM »
It's not even Christmas here yet but I'm not expecting to get many. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #999 on: December 25, 2010, 01:02:21 AM »
I've already been told I'm getting AC:Brotherhood. I doubt I'll get much more than that, in fact I'll be pleasantly surprised if I do.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Analog Fish - Shirokurokku