JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - August Green

Author Topic: Resident Evil / バイオハザード  (Read 59621 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: Resident Evil / バイオハザード
« Reply #200 on: October 29, 2012, 01:25:46 AM »
The camera isn't that big of a deal, really, you get used to it. The first time you play through is pretty much sajaksfjkajdf but once you get the hang of it you barely notice it any more.

One thing that people are forgetting is how many times they died in RE5, and how difficult it was. Didn't most people die over and over at the first area where they rush you?
What about in RE4? didn't you die over and over in the village? I know I did.

But then it gets easier & fun when you get the hang of the controls & camera, just like the last 2 games.

All the low scores the game is getting are ridiculous, it uses a new system, yeah, but so did 4, and 5.
The combat engine does seem shit too... until you get used to it, just like RE5, you felt helpless in that game, but once you get the hang of it you can wreck zombies like crazy.

It is by no means a bad game AT ALL, it's not better than 5, but it's pretty close, and some cool stuff happens and the graphics especially are great.

It's probably a case of wasted potential more than anything, or catering to casual players previous complaints or complaint from reviewers about RE5:

boohoo the areas aren't open enough = large open areas, people complain that they just end up running through them.
waahh the camera is different from RE4 = camera similar to RE4 comes back, everyone complains.
ugh! the controls are TERRIBLE! it's so CLUNKY! TANK CONTROLS = more of a loose control system EVERYONE COMPLAINS

This game is a solid 8/10 or so, it's not super memorable and is by no means perfect, but it has it's moments for sure.

The best parts are probably the online, Agent Hunt is a mode where you can play as the Zombies/monsters and kill other players, and even the main game has connection points, where you'll run into another pair of players playing through their game, and you can help each other out.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #201 on: October 29, 2012, 01:27:17 AM »
In short, don't listen to reviewers.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #202 on: October 29, 2012, 07:52:52 AM »
What about the story though? I'm just surprised that, for all their talk of Leon's campaign wanting to bring back warm fuzzy feelings of RE2, that they didn't just make Claire be Leon's partner.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #203 on: October 29, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
If you played the game you'd know why, even though Claire is my favourite character.

a) she has no connection to the events of RE6 like Helena does.

b) Claire is a civilian, watch the Degeneration movie, her tagging along to China wouldn't be all that strong of a storyline, other than concern for Sherry, who can totally take care of herself. She's not an agent like Leon, Hunnigan, Helena or Sherry.

c) There's actually three Resident Evil 2 characters in this game  :cow:

Offline MrQRS

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #204 on: November 06, 2012, 05:43:20 PM »
love the resident evil game  by far the scariest one i play was 3 nemesis is scary chasing you around and the remake for part 1 on the gamecube is freaking scary i got to the point where i dont wanna play no more lol

in 6 the monster that looks like the regenerator from 4 is scary when you first ran into it forgot wat its called in 4
Advent to the top

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #205 on: December 22, 2012, 05:49:52 PM »
What about the story though? I'm just surprised that, for all their talk of Leon's campaign wanting to bring back warm fuzzy feelings of RE2, that they didn't just make Claire be Leon's partner.

It's funny because in the latter half of Leon's campaign, Helena even wears some Claire-esque clothes

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2013, 02:44:55 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Band Apart - August Green