JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Noudouteki Sanpunka

Author Topic: (03.15) MM's SEXY BOY ~Soyo Kaze ni Yorisotte~  (Read 46878 times)

Offline ayou099

• Member+
(03.15) MM's SEXY BOY ~Soyo Kaze ni Yorisotte~
« Reply #240 on: March 20, 2006, 09:07:10 PM »
Wekly 4th, 37.000 copies sold. Something must be done, seriously.

MM's last few has been weekly 4th as well T_T.

Seeing them doing nothing is like admitting that this beautiful eight years story is reaching its end...

I was hoping for atleast a decade, with a H!P 10 yr reunion concert to end it....

I don't know if its a current members. I think they are popular enough. I think for the next release, tsunku should go for some old school MM and see how it sells.

BRING BACK FUU~

チャミいしかわでした、グッチャ~

"人間て悲しいね" Ishikawa R, バスが来るまで  2002

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #241 on: March 20, 2006, 11:04:19 PM »
o_o

I don't think weekly 4th still means DEATH, there are tons of artists who rank worse and still have a record deal o_O Sure MM used to sell tons more and they're dropping down, but it doesn't mean they're DYING.

Nothing wrong with the girls & production & whatever in my opinion, it's just that

JAPAN HAS AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM TOWARDS HELLO! PROJECT

and it's something that CAN'T be fixed easily or by any obvious means such as better marketing etc. It's like trying to make Maki haters love her, completely pointless really cuz they're stubborn bitches. Only thing UFA can do is to try to get cool jobs & such to the girls so that the current fans will be happy & hope that in time there will be a change in attitude. But really, something HUGE would have to happen so that it would be possible any time soon. All we can hope is that Momusu will be "cool" again some day.

In the meanwhile, why not just sit back and enjoy the girls and the tunes?
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Redturtle

• Taro Lover, Strawberry Hater
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #242 on: March 20, 2006, 11:10:01 PM »
It'll be nice to see how Berryz's jiriri sales compare to this. The wotas on 2ch are doing this berryz sales campaign too, though God knows how effective it will turn out.

37k is only a few thousand copies below Chokkan2, and bear in mind Chokkan single had this life-sized posters promotion and shit. I knew a friend of mine bought 5 copies of them just to get a Yossi poster. I don't think it's that horrendous of a figure, considering there is no goodies accompanied with the CD.

But again........ :evil:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #243 on: March 21, 2006, 12:09:17 AM »
People just don't want to buy their cd's anymore. Hell most people probably don't like to buy singles of artists they're not big fans of... I've come to believe that single sales do not reflect what the general populus thinks about the song.

Sexy Boy is a infectiously addicting song, but I don't think it will get casual listeners to get up and spend their money on it. They could make one of the greatest H!P songs ever and I doubt that sales would make a significant rise in sales. The only thing I believe can do that is if they add extra goodies that people actually would want.

Some people might think that "illegal" mp3 dling is one of the causes to the drop in sales. As someone who is a fan and someone who dls music, this is true. But if you think about it, people are not going to dl a song if they don't like it. I think it's a good thing because it gets people into the artist relatively cheap and then they spend their money on the things that really matter; like concerts, photobooks, dvds, and other goods. These are the things that get them money. Just look at the crowd in the recent sports fest. The stands were filled with people.

CD sales have been low for a while now, but they are still concidered to be the top female idol group in japan. You can't blame UFA for low cd sales, blame the market that they're selling in.

Offline psymon

• ~裕ちゃんが好きです~
  • Member+
« Reply #244 on: March 21, 2006, 12:32:19 AM »
and you have to consider that thay not only sell cds. they make a buttload of money with the assload of merchandise. and well, its not like that they barely release such stuff.
and ofcourse the cds are not only been bought in the first week after release

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #245 on: March 21, 2006, 12:42:09 AM »
Seriously the amount of single sold doesn't mean how popular the girls are. Like SITS said, look at how much people attended the H!PSF. As well look at the concerts each group in H!P had.

The low CD sales is a problem to many artists in Japan, as well as others around the world. There are people who are willing to buy the CDs, but there are also people who are willing to just download illegal mp3 files and never buy any CDs. So whether sales = popularity is not a question at all.

Back to MM, really they aren't droping their popularity at all. Think about how many people in Japan and in Asia knows about them. Furthermore look at how many girls are still want to audition MM and become one of the members.

So in conclusion MM (as well as other artists in H!P) still rules!!!
 :D
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline ayou099

• Member+
« Reply #246 on: March 21, 2006, 09:17:32 PM »
^ i guess you guys are right, idol sales are much lower than the "golden era of idols". Taking this into account, 4th with 40k ish sales is pretty damn good. In fact 40k sales mark is pretty respectable, since the average sales for the number one spot is close to 55,000 (i've done the maths for the last 5 - 6 months).

チャミいしかわでした、グッチャ~

"人間て悲しいね" Ishikawa R, バスが来るまで  2002

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #247 on: March 23, 2006, 04:03:35 PM »
Tokuban 2006.03.23 perf up in the Asshole.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #248 on: March 27, 2006, 06:07:59 PM »
Single V screenshots are surfacing.

:o

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #249 on: March 27, 2006, 07:46:51 PM »
This week's CDTV (2006-03-26) had it ranked #4.  :yay:

Heh heh, watch it drop to like, #35 next week.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #250 on: March 28, 2006, 03:42:49 AM »
I wouldn't be surprised if they were to be that low next week

>_> <_<

Offline jompuan

• Reinai Forever
  • Member+
« Reply #251 on: March 28, 2006, 07:00:48 AM »

:oops: kawaii !!

Offline sayumi_fan

• 重ピンクがんばって!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Sayummy
« Reply #252 on: June 11, 2006, 02:54:04 PM »
Quote from: ShaoranLi

Is there ANY chance at all that someone might please re-up this pic?  It seems that supload removes them more quickly than some hosting sites such as ImageShack?  Or am I wrong...

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tokyo Jihen - Noudouteki Sanpunka