JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya - Shelter

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 489442 times)

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1380 on: December 20, 2007, 11:07:39 PM »
^ thanks(luckily I bought Maximum PC magazine which had appliactions such as Media Classic, Divx and Winamp). One last thing, with the .srt files, which application will read the subtitles? Adobe wouldn't work, not sure if either Wordpad or Notepad had it..

You can load softsubs into notepad to read/edit it.

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1381 on: December 22, 2007, 05:25:19 PM »
I was installing some updates on my brothers PC today. After finishing those 90 updates i did a reboot.
And after that reboot windows didn't boot properly anymore. it even gave a bluescreen
So I went back to safe mode and restore it back. I found it rather strange

(the windows xp was installed only this week)

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1382 on: December 22, 2007, 05:30:50 PM »
Not much info to go on, don't have any problems with my XP machines, but there where some reports of problems with the latest IE6 update, there is a newer version of that.

Maybe try again and not install everything in one go?

It could als be you have some bad memory/bad harddisk in the machine, or anything else that can produce a bluescreen (there should be a code on it, probably a driver failed?)

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #1383 on: December 23, 2007, 03:55:16 AM »
I created an ISO file from a movie that I want to burn and watch on TV. I used DVD Flick and once it was done I played it but the audio is out of sync with the video. Any idea why this is happening?

Offline flamingmoe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1384 on: December 23, 2007, 05:20:34 AM »
^ I've never used DVD Flick before, but some possible reasons :

a) Your source file has VBR audio while the video is CBR.

b) You're converting a PAL file to NTSC or vice-versa. The two formats have different frame rates.

c) There are some corrupted frames somewhere that are causing a glitch during the encoding.

d) Your pc is too slow to encode the file quickly enough.

See if DVD Flick has an audio delay feature. If the delay is constant, like by 5 seconds throughout, you might be able to fix it. But if the delay varies, then you're out of luck.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2007, 05:39:01 AM by flamingmoe »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1385 on: December 23, 2007, 05:51:06 AM »
d) Your pc is too slow to encode the file quickly enough.

I see no reason why this would cause problems during encoding, playing maybe but encoding? it will just take longer.

Offline huggumwuggums

• さゆみのLOVEマシーン
  • Member+
  • Soo Young = My genie
« Reply #1386 on: December 23, 2007, 06:12:24 AM »
^
^ Thanks for the suggestions. I'll go through all of them to make sure. You guys have recommendations for a good software?

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1387 on: December 25, 2007, 09:51:18 PM »
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26580&vpn=G2400W&manufacture=BENQ&promoid=1087
Im thinking of getting this on boxing day. Since it's HDMI supported.

But my friend said that there wont be any sound cuz this monitor doesnt have internal sound?? and that I need extra cables to use sound. But HDMI cable is video/audio supported but he said it wouldnt work. Do u guys know how to hook up audio for my ps3 on the monitor? what kind of audio cable thing do i need to make the sound work while on the ps3/monitor

im planning to get this as well but i dont know if its gonna work or not
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25869&vpn=970285-0403&manufacture=Logitech
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 01:13:33 AM by Mugen »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1388 on: December 26, 2007, 06:25:50 AM »
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=26580&vpn=G2400W&manufacture=BENQ&promoid=1087
Im thinking of getting this on boxing day. Since it's HDMI supported.

But my friend said that there wont be any sound cuz this monitor doesnt have internal sound?? and that I need extra cables to use sound. But HDMI cable is video/audio supported but he said it wouldnt work. Do u guys know how to hook up audio for my ps3 on the monitor? what kind of audio cable thing do i need to make the sound work while on the ps3/monitor
Looks like the monitor has no internal speakers, so your friend is correct, no speakers no sound.
Eventough HDMI *can* transport sound, doesn't mean everything that is 'HDMI' has to use it.
The PS3 has optical out for sound, you can connect that to an amp (or maybe your below mentioned speakers)

I'm thinking of getting the 'iiyama 24" B2403WS-B1 TFT Wide', has HDMI in (and speakers, not that I want to use those actually).

Quote from: Mugen
im planning to get this as well but i dont know if its gonna work or not
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=25869&vpn=970285-0403&manufacture=Logitech
It has 'iPod in' which means it probably will to digital optical (that page you linked to gives no indication if is does s/pdif directly or not)

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1389 on: December 27, 2007, 10:54:05 AM »
thanks frblck, i got a 32 LG tv instead.

so I got an new question, can I use the speaker system that I linked earlier and use it for sound for this tv?

this is the tv i bought and its spec
http://reviews.cnet.com/flat-panel-tvs/lg-32lc7d/4507-6482_7-32385735.html?tag=sub

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1390 on: December 27, 2007, 04:56:14 PM »
^ 'same difference', although this TV is not full HD (e.g. not 1920x1080 native)

You might actually be able to 'link thru' from the TV to the speakers, because it has optical out.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1391 on: December 27, 2007, 09:08:51 PM »
sweet, thanks for the help dude!

edit: that means i dont need to get the RCA converter right to connect it to my tv?
« Last Edit: December 27, 2007, 10:42:34 PM by Mugen »

Offline kelseyhale

• Member+
  • A Quick One While Roger Daltrey Is Away
teen second life help
« Reply #1392 on: December 28, 2007, 12:08:31 AM »
is anybody on teen second life well i'm having a big problem everytime i try to sign up it goe back to the main econd life page and i dont get an emai telling me welcome to sl i tried a diffrent email same thing whats the problem i even email the company about it havent got a reply back can someone help me

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1393 on: December 28, 2007, 05:14:40 AM »
sweet, thanks for the help dude!

edit: that means i dont need to get the RCA converter right to connect it to my tv?
Sorry, without pictures of the connections, no way to really tell.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #1394 on: December 28, 2007, 08:58:49 PM »
ahh ok

Offline chera

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1395 on: December 29, 2007, 04:30:34 AM »
In IRC, what command do I have to use in order to screen out "Join" and "Note" messages?  In some channels I'm on, there are more people leaving and joining than there are actual chat messages, and it's hard to keep track.

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #1396 on: January 06, 2008, 07:15:08 AM »
Daigong suggested I post here, so anyone that can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, my comp has been on the fritz since about last Tuesday or Wednesday. One of my ram slots stopped working so I figured it would run a bit slower, but it's running so slow now that I can't even really play music it begins to lag. So I thought of getting a larger ram. But now my comp won't even start with it. (Yes it's compatible I checked). Anyway, so now I'm going to try and buy a new motherboard. Now here's the fun part. I've never have done anything beyond replacing my own ram. My brother always did everything computer related, but now he lives in a totally different state.

So is there any pointers you can give me, or pictures, or whatever. Or do you think the people at the store will help me. (I'm probably gonna go with a no because they want us to pay them to do it all >.>). But I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me XD

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1397 on: January 06, 2008, 07:59:38 AM »
Daigong suggested I post here, so anyone that can help me, I'd appreciate it.

Anyway, my comp has been on the fritz since about last Tuesday or Wednesday. One of my ram slots stopped working so I figured it would run a bit slower, but it's running so slow now that I can't even really play music it begins to lag. So I thought of getting a larger ram. But now my comp won't even start with it. (Yes it's compatible I checked). Anyway, so now I'm going to try and buy a new motherboard. Now here's the fun part. I've never have done anything beyond replacing my own ram. My brother always did everything computer related, but now he lives in a totally different state.

So is there any pointers you can give me, or pictures, or whatever. Or do you think the people at the store will help me. (I'm probably gonna go with a no because they want us to pay them to do it all >.>). But I'd really appreciate any advice you can give me XD

My best advice would be to call around to local computer repair shops and see who would do the replacement the cheapest.  You might find someone that won't charge much at all to do it.  Only problem with that is that a lot of them are complete idiots and might screw up or try to tell you there are other things wrong so they can make a better profit off of you. If you don't mind giving it a try yourself though then I'm sure some people will respond with some instructions/tips, and there are always websites that will walk you through it.  Could probably find some videos on youtube or something as well.

I'd like to help out more but I'm terrible at writing instructions e_e

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1398 on: January 06, 2008, 10:28:47 AM »
So I thought of getting a larger ram. But now my comp won't even start with it. (Yes it's compatible I checked).
You did remove 'the other' RAM stick? because it might still give problems.

Anyway, so now I'm going to try and buy a new motherboard. Now here's the fun part. I've never have done anything beyond replacing my own ram. My brother always did everything computer related, but now he lives in a totally different state.

Replacing the motherboard probably will give a need to re-install the OS as to many things could have changed that trip it up.
And without further info about your current system its hard to tell how complex the operation will be.
Like: do you have a big 'tower' case with enough space to handle about any motherboard, or do you have a small case (like the Cube's) which require special motherboards.

Offline Odango

• 。♥Super。Cutie♥。
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 2NE1
« Reply #1399 on: January 06, 2008, 11:25:07 AM »

You did remove 'the other' RAM stick? because it might still give problems.

Yes. I may ony know basics, but I do know that much XD

Replacing the motherboard probably will give a need to re-install the OS as to many things could have changed that trip it up.
And without further info about your current system its hard to tell how complex the operation will be.
Like: do you have a big 'tower' case with enough space to handle about any motherboard, or do you have a small case (like the Cube's) which require special motherboards.

Re-instaling the OS I'm fine with, once everything is assemble, I'm pretty much good to go I think. I've just never actually assembled a computer. As for my tower, it's fairly large, so it should be able to handle any size.

♥... soundclick ...  ♥ ... youtube ...  ♥
she isnt in this poll but I would like to make it known that I vote Odango for Ultimate Cutest  :theking

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Aya - Shelter