JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Hane no Hikari

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 489235 times)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2500 on: August 10, 2011, 01:02:46 AM »
I use ImTOO DVD Audio Ripper to rip audio tracks from concert dvds.  you can find it on torrent sites.   if you can't find it, I can upload a zip file if needed, but give me some time.   

EDIT:  ok, I uploaded it http://www.twitter.com/?d=5GYWRDBW

I have a question,  Is there a way for me to sync/upload my music from my ipod touch to a PC? 
I have 2 computer,  One PC and one notebook.  I use the PC desktop as main and travel with the notebook.   the PC is also the primary computer I sync with my ipod touch,  all my media is on there.   I want to actually to be able to sync everything I put on my ipod touch to the notebook as well.  Is there a way?   
also, everytime I add a new song/videos from PC to iPod, I wanna be able to sync it from iPod to Notebook as well. 
Is there a way to actually do all that?

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2501 on: August 11, 2011, 10:00:42 PM »
NEW POST!  DOUBLE POST!  I know but this is an emergency. 

I dunno what's wrong with my ipod touch.  Now it won't fully sync with all the music/videos/photos that I have on my iTunes.  it just happens in this couple of days.  the songs and videos that is on a playlists I created, which always sync properly, now just won't sync anymore.  It's on the ipod, but nothing change, it seem it did sync with the new, updated playlist, but kept the same old one since the last sync. 
I'm even more pissed with the photos sync.  it actually skipped many files after the sync, even though it was on the ipod touch before the sync, so it's not like a format problem.  I don't know why it's like that on both the photos and songs and videos.   

in the last couple of days, I did did something with my pc.  First off, I restore it via system image, but it's exactly how it was before.  also, I deleted the ipod Photo Cache, but I don't think it should cause that much problem.  I did transfer my photos and videos to a different HD before creating the system image that I used to restore, because there were so many.  I transfer it back into the folder it was in and the iTunes still recognize it. 
I'm in desperate in need of help.  Please reply soon. 

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
« Reply #2502 on: August 11, 2011, 11:20:01 PM »
I use ImTOO DVD Audio Ripper to rip audio tracks from concert dvds.  you can find it on torrent sites.   if you can't find it, I can upload a zip file if needed, but give me some time.   

MUCH THANKS!  Will check it out when I get home later today!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2503 on: August 24, 2011, 04:55:59 AM »
I got a little freezing problem with my PC.   Whenever my PC is on, I would always have something running in the bg, utorrent to download,  then I would either web surf, watch streaming videos online or just watch a downloaded video, Multitasking, if you will.  Frequently, too often, the one of those, or all, would temporary freezes, just that program, though, I can still move my cursor, view existing programs.  It would return to normal within a minute or 2.  sometimes, if it gets too long, then I will need to go to Task Manager to force close a program. 

I dunno what's the problem,  is it's a slow processor?  too little memory?  a slow HDD? 

my specs: 
-Windows 7 64-bit
-AM3 socket,  AMD Phenom II X4 965 Processor Black Edition Deneb 3.4 Ghz 125W
-8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666)
-HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black WD1502FAEX 1.5TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5"

I can get more RAM if needed.  capacity is 32GB. 

What should I do?

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2504 on: August 24, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »
I see no reason hardware-wise you would be having that problem.
I recently developed a similar problem but that was solved by going from 2GB of RAM to 6GB.
Since you have 8GB, that's usually more than enough.

One thing you might want to keep in mind is that the amount of free space on your system HD is also important for performance.
That's because the pagefile is usually kept there, and if it is too small or nonexistent, there can be major problems.
In general, you want to keep at least as much free space as the size of your RAM.

You can check this by typing in "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" on the start menu.
That should bring up the "Performance Options" window.
The settings you want to look at are on the "Advanced" tab.

The page file shouldn't be some ridiculously low size.
It usually will be set to "System managed" and be around equal to the amount of RAM you have.
You could also try choosing "Adjust for best performance of: Background Services". I'm not 100% sure what this does, but it could very well help.

If all of that seems fine or doesn't seem to make any difference, I'd be inclined to believe it might be some form of malware.
Running anti-virus scans and anti-malware programs may help you find something you missed.

After that, you could try removing invalid registry entries with a registry cleaner.
There are several free ones that are highly rated.

Aside from that, there isn't much else that could be causing your problems.
I suppose you could check to see if your BIOS and motherboard drivers are correctly installed and up-to-date.

So to recap:
1. make sure you have HD space
2. make sure your page file isn't being set to something really low
3. try changing the performance settings to "background services"
4. try virus/malware scans
5. clean your registry
6. make sure all your drivers are working

All of this assumes your Windows already has all the recommended updates.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline ebc

• Administrator
  • Member+
  • >:|
« Reply #2505 on: August 24, 2011, 11:57:40 AM »
I got a little freezing problem with my PC.
I dunno what's the problem,  is it's a slow processor?  too little memory?  a slow HDD? 

What should I do?
You could try check your logs.

Wait till it happens again, when it does as soon as you get control of the machine again go windowskey+r (to open run) and copy and paste this in there %SystemRoot%\System32\Winevt\Logs\System.evtx  and hit ok

If it's something serious it will come up with a red circle with exclamation mark saying Error.
I've been recently having an issue where programs will just freeze for a few seconds and I'll have to wait for them, when this happens my log says "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0." Which at the moment isn't very helpful. I've run disk checks and the harddrives seem ok so it could be motherboard related, I'm hoping it's not faulty but I might change the drive to a different sata port when I get a chance, at the moment it doesn't really happen too often and seems to come back fine after it has. And I got backups so it's all good. You probably don't have this problem but yeah just something to try.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 12:13:47 PM by ebc »

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2506 on: August 24, 2011, 04:47:03 PM »
^ Thanks, ebc, for that info.  I'll try that the next time. 

I see no reason hardware-wise you would be having that problem.
I recently developed a similar problem but that was solved by going from 2GB of RAM to 6GB.
Since you have 8GB, that's usually more than enough.

One thing you might want to keep in mind is that the amount of free space on your system HD is also important for performance.
That's because the pagefile is usually kept there, and if it is too small or nonexistent, there can be major problems.
In general, you want to keep at least as much free space as the size of your RAM.

You can check this by typing in "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" on the start menu.
That should bring up the "Performance Options" window.
The settings you want to look at are on the "Advanced" tab.

The page file shouldn't be some ridiculously low size.
It usually will be set to "System managed" and be around equal to the amount of RAM you have.
You could also try choosing "Adjust for best performance of: Background Services". I'm not 100% sure what this does, but it could very well help.

If all of that seems fine or doesn't seem to make any difference, I'd be inclined to believe it might be some form of malware.
Running anti-virus scans and anti-malware programs may help you find something you missed.

After that, you could try removing invalid registry entries with a registry cleaner.
There are several free ones that are highly rated.

Aside from that, there isn't much else that could be causing your problems.
I suppose you could check to see if your BIOS and motherboard drivers are correctly installed and up-to-date.

So to recap:
1. make sure you have HD space
2. make sure your page file isn't being set to something really low
3. try changing the performance settings to "background services"
4. try virus/malware scans
5. clean your registry
6. make sure all your drivers are working

All of this assumes your Windows already has all the recommended updates.

1. I have more than enough I think.  my HDD is 1.36TB, I'm only using 360GB, there's 1TB free space, so I'm sure there are plenty.
2. Page file size is the same as the RAM memory, 8189MB.
3) I'll try Background Services
4) I'm using AVG Free 2011, I hope that's a good one.
5) how do I clean registry? know any good software? 
6) I just updated or reinstall the mobo drivers and BIOS 2 days ago, it still happens.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2507 on: September 01, 2011, 05:15:55 AM »
NEW POST! 

Something is wrong with my Broadband cable internet.  nearly everyday, either my cable modem or wireless router lose the internet connection.  I'd have to unplug the power, then replug it to get it working again.  I didn't mind when I had to do it once a month, but since last week, I had to do it nearly everyday and it's pissing me off. 
I don't think anything is wrong with the modem or router itself, but I'm not sure... 
the firmware on the router is the lastest. 
if there is any settings I should do, please tell.  also, could it be bad cables wire?  the cable modem is connect via a splitter and split with the TV.  but those wires are new and I use the best splitter I could afford, a Monster Cable 2.4GHz splitter.

Offline cebii

« Reply #2508 on: September 13, 2011, 03:22:56 PM »
^
Sounds like your modem/router is about to die BigDnm01 as I have had similar issues twice before and fixed them by getting a new router.
Usually my routers last for 1 - 4 years depending on how expensive they were which is why I prefer more expensive nowadays.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2509 on: September 22, 2011, 03:33:33 AM »
Does anyone know much about Photobucket? The problems I've been having today with it, it's unusable the way it is and don't know what the problem is or how to fix it. Have contacted them 4 times, all I've got back was some form e-mail where they didn't even bother reading thru my whole e-mail to find out all my problems, contacted them twice more but really have no faith in them, here are the problems.

Their ad now covers the last row of pics
Cannot access all the sub albums because there's no scroll bar and clicking on view all albums does zero, link won't work.
Cannot upload at all
Cannot log in/out properly, have to go to the register page to log in, have to run Ccleaner to log out because the signin/out link doesn't work
Recent albums are showing nothing along with no avatar

Anyone have a clue? Probably has something to do with the internet settings(?) but not sure, don't know what could it be there. Plus ran all their trouble shooting tips, did a system restore, re-installed Adobe and Java, all to no avail, just have no idea what to do, can't access 2/3 of my albums nor upload anything, am at such a loss on what the problems are. :( :sweatdrop: :( :sweatdrop:

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2510 on: September 22, 2011, 02:38:59 PM »
It might not be a solution, but I'm using firefox with the adblock plus add-on. and have had no problems using photobucket.

I know adding/switching browsers is a big thing, but it's an option you can try. at least to test if it works.

and you could do other stupid stuff, like resizing your browser window until it doesn't block what you want to press.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2511 on: September 22, 2011, 08:43:05 PM »
^^ That's what I ended up doing, was using Yahoo as the main browser but added Firefox and am using that for my PB accounts and for a few other sites so have 2 browsers going, just have too many things on Yahoo to give up entirely.

Offline Yoshino

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2512 on: September 24, 2011, 03:47:38 AM »
One other problem I've been having for a few weeks is this, get it sometimes at other sites but really mainly get this message at this site.

Don't know how to get rid of it, go into settings and say no to them accessing anything and click on the never ask again button but it always comes back up, any ideas how to get rid of it for good? :sweatdrop:

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2513 on: October 07, 2011, 07:52:02 AM »
^
Maybe the problem is IE. Did you try using other browsers? I don't get these types of problems for firefox and chrome.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2514 on: October 13, 2011, 05:38:06 AM »
I'd start by uninstalling and reinstalling Adobe Flash.

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #2515 on: October 15, 2011, 08:43:02 AM »
Videos won't load on fuckshittube (youtube in case you don't know what I'm referring to), what other video streaming sites are there?

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Erusa

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2516 on: October 19, 2011, 02:29:38 AM »
^
Depends on what you're trying to watch.
For music videos, you have vevo. Else there's dailymotion.

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #2517 on: November 14, 2011, 05:16:31 PM »
EDIT:Previous issue solved

New Problem:
I have a m4r file that I wanna use on a iPhone 3GS iOS 5.0.1. I have iTunes 10.5 on my Win7 lappy, but when i double-click the m4r nothing happens, no 'ringtone' sub-section appearing under iTunes' library

How to solve this?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 06:32:14 PM by MaxMcKay »

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2518 on: January 13, 2012, 06:23:31 AM »
I have 3 iPod touch questions:

1) iPod Touch 4th Gen:  it's been going on for a while.  whenever I sync my iPod to my iTunes, after sync, while the ipod is still connected, it would say I have 6GB of free space left, even though I know there's 10GB left.  when I go to Settings ->General -> About, Available says different, 10 GB.  I dunno why that is.  it's annoying, and I wonder it'll screw my files when I try to fill it.  It's a damn glitch that Apple should've already fixed with each updates.  it's been 3 updates and still haven't fixed it. Stupid F*cking Apple.

2)  Some files, whether it's music, or photos that I KNOW is compatible with iPod and iTunes because it's synced before, just up and missing,  I'd miss nearly 1/4 of my entire songs sometimes from the playlist or music library.  The weird thing is it did sync, cuz the GB count from all my total media that I chose to sync, and the capacity filled on iPod is exactly the same (Settings ->General -> About) yet I can't find the songs or even photos in it's respective library.  F*cking Stupid Apple.

3)  The playlist is no longer user friendly, they screwed it up.  it wasn't like it before.   I can't explain but I'll give an example. 
in a music playlist of 1200 songs.  I would start by scrolling to #...54, place it on random.  and after several tracks, it's goes to track 856,  there is a song I really like to listen to, track 894, so I open my playlist.  This is where Apple f*cked up.  Open Playlist, I'm still at track 54, the first song I played on the list.  Now before, like 10 updates ago, 1.5 years ago,  If I had done what I did, it'll open automatically to current playing track, 856, instead of the track I last manually selected. 
All other music devices does this, iPod used to.  why they change it?  Stupid Apple.

A non-iPod question: 
I'm currently using ImTOO DVD Ripper 6 and Video Converter Ultimate 6.  What I hate about them is the limited selection of video codec.  How can I add third-party or other video codec, like DX50, or other codec that shrink the file size while not lose much quality.  The Divx, Xvid, H.264 and MPEG-4 codec, I'm don't like it as much cuz it's make the file too big while I'd seen other video where it's definitely smaller, but quality looks the same. 
Maybe I need to start using a different DVD ripper and Video converter that could use different codecs.  any ideas?

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2519 on: February 04, 2012, 08:27:44 PM »
Hoping one of you guys can help me out, cause I'm stumped.. :banghead:

Went and bought a tuner card for my pc, and wasn't a problem to set up.. Can get all the regular channels and the free BS channels for Nara all in nice 1080..

The problem: The recorded format is encrypted wtv, which will play back fine for my pc only, but I'll be fucked if I can get past the encryption to share it if I wanted to..
What I should be able to do, is to burn it to a DVD with a program called DDR Move that came with the setup, and then remove the encryption from the resulting DVD VRO file, which I've done in the past.. The thing is though, I can't get the burn to work..  :banghead: The burn gets to 100%, spends fucking ages finalizing, then spits out the DVD, but the DVD won't load.. Just hangs and grinds away.. Tried dropping the burn speed down, but it didn't help..
Because I'm making a lot of coasters, I've tried Virtual CD with a virtual burner (works well with other burning software), but not jam with DDR Move.. Keeps telling me my disc isn't empty..

Can't find anything in English for Corel's DDR Move... Can barely find anything in Japanese either.. Nothing useful..

If anyone has any ideas, please help me out!!

Japanese guide for what I'm trying to do..

Guchi  O0

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Vola & The Oriental Machine - Hane no Hikari