JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Bungu

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 249614 times)

Offline Deaglezero

• Deagle: The Eternal Warrior
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Chelsea, Barca let's roll!
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #1360 on: August 18, 2011, 01:57:29 AM »
YES!!! Barca has triumphed over Real in second leg of super cup!! The 3-2 win set up a final aggregate score of 5-4!!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1361 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:08 PM »

Helsinki 2 - 0 Schalke
Hearts 0 - 5 Spurs
Hannover 2 - 1 Sevilla
Bratislava 1 - 0 Roma

and every other europa game today :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Spurs are ready for Manchester :cokecat:

Also: Sell Modric, secure Adebayor and Diarra already, Levy :doh:

Offline pandabiscuit

• ecchi
« Reply #1362 on: August 20, 2011, 04:41:46 PM »
Wow, that was the weakest Arsenal side in years and Liverpool only scored after they got the numerical advantage and only through two dodgy goals. Feel sad for Arsene Wenger though.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1363 on: August 20, 2011, 05:08:47 PM »
To be fair, with injuries and some of their best players leaving, Arsene could never really win with whichever side he chose. Was a closely fought game until Suarez and Meireles came on and from there it was just one-way traffic. I liked how Liverpool fans were moaning about us scoring an own goal last week, but they're strangely not saying the same about Ramsey's OG this time round. Wonder why that is? Can't be because an OG benefits them this time when they needed it most is it? Surely not!

Don't know what Arsenal's doing at the moment when it comes to transfers. How can you sell so many players, some real quality players too, and not find a replacement? They already have to turn to unproven teenagers and 2nd choice defenders for their defense and it's already stretched to breaking point as it is. But then you absolutely need quality up front as well to pass and deliver the ball and with Fabregas gone, you lose the lynchpin that's made Arsenal a strong team over the past few years. Granted they can focus to build around Jack Wilshire, but it's not enough.  It baffles me.

Reports have it that Nasri's deal to City has fallen through, but no more word other than that. Nasri must be on his knees praying for a switch right now. Although if rumours were to be believed, Nasri wanted to come to Utd rather than City and he was telling his mates and all how much he was coming to us and really wanted to join us. Reminds me of when Robinho was told he was going to City rather than Utd :lol:

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1364 on: August 21, 2011, 06:59:07 AM »
guess arsenal is trying to keep the numbers in blue... let's see if they keep without doing any major transfer to build the team after half season

Offline Deaglezero

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1365 on: August 21, 2011, 11:05:01 AM »
uhhh arsenal's going down I think. Fabregas has gone to Barca!!! :) (where he got tackled nastily by a vicious Marcelo)

anyway I'm happy with Chelsea's 2-1 win but I'm also surprised at QPR's 1-0 win over Everton after they got thrashed 4-0 last week.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1366 on: August 22, 2011, 11:57:38 PM »
Spurs :doh: :doh: Please, sell Defoe, Pav, and Crouch for anything you can get. Get Adebayor & someone else decent. Sell Modric. At least Freidel put up a MOTM performance :usa:

and at least de gea got me mad points in fantasy football

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1367 on: August 23, 2011, 12:47:30 AM »
Man, when Redknapp and Bale was talking mess in yesterdays and todays papers about testing De Gea out at long range I was hoping for a convincing win. So to win 3-0 is great. Especially as I dislike Redknapp more and more lately with all his bitching and moaning about transfers, who he wants etc, then when some news comes up from White Heart Lane he shoulders any responsibility on his chairman, absolving himself of any blame if the deal should fall through. Of course it doesn't stop him from being a rent-a-quote manager about anything or any player at all. Though to be fair, when he asks his players to test the keeper out at a long range, I'm pretty sure he didn't mean from 45 yrds out. Seriously VDV, WTF?

Another convincing win with the youngsters. Fucking Jones and Smalling is the future of our defense right there. Welbeck getting more confident the more games he plays in and Cleverley continues to impress. Nice to see Hernandez out there on the pitch too.

Offline devil13

• Lets Play In Hell
  • ecchi
  • Lets Play
« Reply #1368 on: August 23, 2011, 09:32:36 AM »
Manu Rocked . . . Nothing else . . . Thanks all the player for great performance
Here comes the rain again
Falling on my head like a memory
Falling on my head like a new emotion
I want to walk in the open wind
I want to talk like the lovers do
I want to dive into your ocean
Is it raining with you?

Offline pandabiscuit

• ecchi
« Reply #1369 on: August 23, 2011, 01:48:53 PM »
The irony in Spurs trying to test De Gea from far helped our young defence settled much easier. The likes of Bale, Van Der Vaart and Lennon would give our first choice defenders a hard game, let alone our young backups who barely played much with each other before, and their tactic of peppering De Gea with far range shots meant their players had hardly enough of the ball to get into any rhythm and made this match much easier.

Thanks Redknapp :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1370 on: August 25, 2011, 09:04:15 PM »
Arsenal avoid criticism for a time after their win yesterday. Should they lose against us over the weekend, you can expect the criticism to come back thick and heavy once more.

So the Champions League groups have been decided:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Villarreal, Manchester City, Napoli.

Group B: Inter Milan, CSKA Moscow, Lille, Trabzonspor.

Group C: Manchester United, Benfica, Basle, Otelul.

Group D: Real Madrid, Lyon, Ajax, Dinamo Zagreb.

Group E: Chelsea, Valencia, Bayer Leverkusen, Genk.

Group F: Arsenal, Marseille, Olympiacos, Borussia Dortmund.

Group G: Porto, Shakhtar Donetsk, Zenit St Petersburg, Apoel

Group H: Barcelona, AC Milan, BATE Borisov, Plzen.

The first round of fixtures will be played on September 13/14. Somehow, I really don't think I'll be watching matches from Group G

Nasri (finally) made his move to City yesterday and as to be expected lately, he made a parting shot at the club who supported him, calling City a bigger club and that the fans were more passionate and loyal. Figured that out on your own after being in the stadium for a few hours Nasri? City made a rather pathetic headline on their official site in which it said 'Nasri scores his 1st goal for City!' Turns out, City got EA Sports to do a mock screenshot of Nasri scoring against Utd at the Etihad Stadium. Leaving aside the hilarity of something so pathetic, I found it funnier that City don't expect Nasri to find the back of the net until April 28th.

City posted a weird link on their Facebook page of Nasri walking through the clubs offices. A surreal moment happens when he has a 'chance' meeting with Vieira emerging out of an office, like he had been doing some photocopying or something. And then he walks into Garry Cook's office where Cook greets him with 'How are you brother?'

Offline Deaglezero

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1371 on: August 26, 2011, 10:03:29 AM »
Lol I watched the highlights for that 2nd leg between Arsenal and Udinese...Arsenal could've easily lost that game if it wasn't for some brilliant football (and fast runs) from Walcott and to an extent, van Persie and Gervinho.

Di Natale from Udinese had so many chances and in my opinion, played even better football but was denied a few times from bad luck.

Now my opinion as to the predicted results from the group stage are:

Group A - Bayern wins, Man City 2nd

Group B - Inter Milan wins, CSKA Moscow 2nd

Group C - Man. U wins, Benfica 2nd (although I really hope it'll be the other way around :))

Group D - Real Madrid wins, Lyon 2nd

Group E - Chelsea wins, Lyon 2nd

Group F - [Not too sure about this one] Three-way fight between Dortmund, Arsenal and Marseille will probably get really close

Group G - Porto wins, Shaktar Donetsk 2nd (might well be switched seeing as how Donetsk performed last year)

Group H - Barca wins, Milan 2nd

Anyway don't forget to watch European Super Cup Barca vs Porto!!!

Offline pandabiscuit

• ecchi
« Reply #1372 on: August 27, 2011, 02:49:45 PM »
Excited for the game against Arsenal tmr, hope we'll not be over-confident and play to our best.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1373 on: August 27, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
JEBUS!!! DROGBA was knocked down with an elbow uppercut (unintentional of course) hope isn't too serious because he is a good player...

man goalkeeper must feel like shit

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1374 on: August 27, 2011, 10:04:08 PM »
He may play for a rival team, and be completely detestable with how he can carry on but I would not wish that upon anyone Cashley Cole however.... Villas-Boas says he's recovering well so it seems like he's fine, but still, hope he recovers soon.

If my facebook is anything to go by, then Liverpool fans are going crazy that they're top of the table. I don't...even.....:lol: :lol: :lol:

Some crazy stuff happening with Arsenal. Looks like they are on the verge of signing Park Chu Young, who was meant to sign a contract with Lille today. Except he got up and left the hotel in France, presumably heading to London, and he never told Lille about it. The Lille manager doesn't even know what's going on. Still, he was some player for my Master League team in PES 07 so maybe he can turn out to be a beast for the Gunners! :lol:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1375 on: August 28, 2011, 11:57:45 AM »
Looked pretty rough for Drogba there, hope there's no further problems from that.

Spurs - City, ManU - Arsenal both today? :ondick: Amplifier needs some more points on his Fantasy Football teams :ondick:

Too bad Adebayor can't play today for Spurs :doh:

edit: 7400 posts for the glorious spurs

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1376 on: August 28, 2011, 06:56:01 PM »
Spurs crushed
Arsenal completely annihilated

When are Modric and Wenger leaving their respective clubs? :cathappy:

A good, good day for my fantasy teams, at least.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1377 on: August 28, 2011, 07:36:38 PM »
Fuck why don't I have Rooney in my Fantasy team. Sheer madness.

Man we just completely fucked Arsenal up today. Nobody could have expected that. I think Arsenal just weren't there today, and Utd's dominance only highlighted the flaws that Arsenal team have. They can't expect to play the 'Arsenal' way lately if their best players are gone and the replacements they have are simply inexperienced or just not good enough. As I've said, how can you lose players like Fabregas and Nasri and not bring in adequate replacements? With 2 days left, it's unlikely Arsene will sign a world class player or players so soon, so he needs to think long and hard about how to motivate his team and how best to play them. Arsenal fans need to concede that they have a long time ahead of them, and shouldn't expect miracles this season. I don't think sacking Arsene is the best move. Who could you replace him with, other than say Ancelotti? And who's to say Ancelotti would even go, with the team he has to inherit?

Oh well, doesn't matter to me, as that scoreline did wonders for us. Some absolutely cracking goals today, both of Young's being my favourites. Rooney showing the Samson effect with a hat trick and De Gea making some fine saves. Yep, it's a good day to be a Utd fan :D

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #1378 on: August 28, 2011, 09:07:27 PM »
poor arsenal... Wilshere out, Diaby out, Gervinho out, Vermaelen out and Gibbs out... GOING DOWN

Offline Deaglezero

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1379 on: August 29, 2011, 08:22:03 AM »
Like I said before, arsenal are going down. A 8-2 loss to Man U is a big sign about their loss of players to Man City. Man City's 5-1 win over Tottenham also proves Tottenham won't be a team to watch this season either.

Guess it'll probably be a Manchester-dominated season this time around.

In other news over the weekend, Barca beat a 9-man Porto 2-0 with Fabregas scoring the 2nd goal.

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Go! Go! 7188 - Bungu