JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Boo

Author Topic: Official FOOTBALL Thread  (Read 248974 times)

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Official FOOTBALL Thread
« Reply #840 on: June 20, 2008, 09:40:41 AM »
Cristinao Ronaldo choses Real Madrid.   :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #841 on: June 20, 2008, 12:50:36 PM »
^ Well you know what? I really want to see United test Real's resolve and see if they really are prepared to dish out £50+ mil for him. He's still signed to us for 4 more years so we're in no hurry. A couple of months ago I would have fought tooth and nail to keep him, and I really do want him to stay, but he his own desires and I'm sure Fergie wouldn't put up with a player who doesn't want to stay. In fact, he never has done. Fergie turned him from a riverdance impersonator into the world's best player and he shows his gratitude by leaving when Real flashes a cheque under his nose and he suddenly decides he's better than staying for the European champions.

The fact that he's been quoted as saying that Scolari's advice was decisive for him really infuriates me. Of course Scolari would want him to go, he's the new Chelsea manager ffs. Hope he backfires and gets no trophies next season either, falling out of the quarter finals in the Champions League would be good. Seems to fall out of contention a lot now recently anyway the overrated pillock.

It would be a massive blow for the Premiership to see him go. Rival fans will disagree I'm sure.

EDIT

lol what a finish to tonight's match :lol:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2008, 12:45:57 AM by Tuffty »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #842 on: June 21, 2008, 11:22:43 PM »
Finally, the madness is done. Hooray for Russia. They deserved it. Especially Arshevin was really good. And Hiddink is Dutch, so we still got someone running for the victory  :lol:

Props to Van de Sar though, he made many nice rescues.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #843 on: June 21, 2008, 11:26:13 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #844 on: June 22, 2008, 12:46:14 AM »
On one hand I was going to say it was a shock result but really, Russia were the better team on the night and have improved a lot since their defeat to Spain. No doubt about it Hiddink's an incredible manager. next Utd manager please...

Besides any squad that has a player's name like Arshevin (Arse Shaven as I call him) deserves to go through :lol:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #845 on: June 22, 2008, 12:49:29 AM »
I made the same joke, Arse Shaving, many times tonight too  :lol:

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #846 on: June 22, 2008, 09:46:48 PM »
What a shock that Russia won :(

Netherlands has always been my favorite team, and now when they're actually playing well they don't even make it to the semi-finals :( But what can you do when Russia was so much better in every way.
coot is ctz

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #847 on: June 22, 2008, 11:39:10 PM »
Oh thank God for that. Would have been a travesty if Italy had gone through. Yes Spain weren't that great either on the night but at least they tried to attack, whilst Italy were content on letting it go to penalties. Don't get me wrong, they've got a system and it works but it's just so boring to watch. I think Russia will be looking at this with no real worry.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #848 on: June 23, 2008, 03:26:30 AM »
Germany
Turkey
Netherlands
Spain

are my picks, can't wait for the quarters to begin!

Damn missed prediction by one.

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #849 on: June 23, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »
Italy vs Spain was so boring I went to sleep after 90 minutes.. glad i didn't sit through 30 more minutes of overtime. I hope Russia will kick their asses with interesting football.

Offline BakHamNoi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #850 on: June 26, 2008, 01:02:59 AM »
Germany 3 - 2 Turkey

nothing to say except YAY

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #851 on: June 26, 2008, 01:51:58 AM »
Germany were lucky tonight, the defense was not at that game in the 1st half. Most of the 2nd half wasn't shown because of some thunderstorm messing up the direct feed from the game. And what was Lehmann smoking before the match? Though to be fair, the Turkish goalkeeper wasn't the greatest either.

All in all, despite some moments of individual brilliance (Lahm's run which lead to the winning goal for one), it's a very average German side that got through to the final and Turkey should have been the deserved winners IMO.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #852 on: June 26, 2008, 02:00:47 AM »
Yay Germany, but I agree, Turkey played better.

Good game though, despite the feed cutting off and missing 2 goals, it was still exciting.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #853 on: June 27, 2008, 02:56:30 AM »
Fun game today - though I only managed to catch from 70 minutes and on. Spain was really dominant atthe end. It's going to be a good game on Sunday too. Personally I'm guessing Spain 2-1.

Offline ferrar1

• エロリン ~ 大っスキ ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #854 on: June 27, 2008, 03:50:22 AM »
wow will Spain finally win the Euro again after a long time?

4th Pic of Eri courtesy of t-motion's gallery ~ Sangokushi Taisen anyone ? http://sangokutaisen.blogspot.com/ ~ Lame attempt at a personal blog ~

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #855 on: June 27, 2008, 02:36:32 PM »
Spain looks like they could win it but as I said before, Germany are quite dodgy. A deflected shot in the 90th min will probably win it for them. Personally I want Spain to win, would be funny for Ballack. Carling Cup final, Premier League final day, Champions League final and European Tournament final all lost in. :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #856 on: June 29, 2008, 11:58:20 PM »
Spain crowned the champions of Europe

Deserved it based on tonight's performance alone. As I said before, it's a very average German side that made it to the final, and they showed it against a better team.

Although technically, N.Ireland beat Spain in the tournament qualifying stages so technically, we're better than the champions :lol: jk

Elsewhere on the football front, things are heating up for Adebayor who apparently is chased after by AC Milan and now Barcelona. Gareth Barry has said in no uncertain terms that he wants to leave Aston Villa, and the papers are more interested in Ronaldo's new Spanish girlfriend than his transfer saga. Platini's now said he thinks Ronaldo should join Madrid. :roll: Yeah yeah mate, we all know you have it in for English football, give it a rest already.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #857 on: June 30, 2008, 11:23:37 AM »
Congrats to Spain, definitely the better team last night.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #858 on: June 30, 2008, 09:52:42 PM »
congrats to Spain. One of the most pleasant team of the Euro for sure.

CHELSEA SIGN DECO
Chelsea Football Club is delighted to confirm the signing of Deco from FC Barcelona.
what a surprise ...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #859 on: July 01, 2008, 01:38:14 PM »
^ Only throws fuel to the fire that Lampard will go.

In other news, Fergie has said he only intends to sign one player this season, meaning it's most likely a striker in Berbatov, Santa Cruz or according to the papers, Pavlyuchenko. Robbie Keane has reportedly thrown Spurs into disarray by handing in a transfer request. That's the way I like it, no mucking about and none of these 'will he won't he' rumours flying around in the press like with Ronaldo or Adebayor or Barry. If Berbatov should leave for either Utd or Barca, it only leaves Spurs with one striker, Darren Bent, cause he made a huge impact last season :roll: And Robinho is apparently not happy that Real are treating him as some bargaining chip in order to get Ronaldo. Not that he wants to join us either, but reportedly, Chelsea. :roll:

JPHiP Radio (21/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: IU - Boo