JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei-chan - Mata Ashita Jabby (Jabronisaur Tribute)

Author Topic: [12/31] Maeda Yuuka to Graduate from S/mileage and Hello! Project  (Read 16638 times)

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
Re: [12/31] Maeda Yuuka to Graduate from S/mileage and Hello! Project
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2011, 05:16:46 PM »
Poor Yuuka, she had the weight of her nearing annoucement on her shoulders that day.....but  her future is bright indeed :deco:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 03:22:16 PM by muppet »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2011, 06:40:59 PM »
she was the only reason left to follow Smileage...
With statements like this, I have to question whether you followed S/mileage or only followed her.
Yes I forgot to put the 'to me' in there, and yes I actually first followed Smileage because of Yuuka as I knew her from Hing King.
The group was fun so I actually bought the first single and followed them longer.
Adding the extra members I did not find such a good idea, then the first origional member left now the second one: so yes this is not the same fun Smileage anymore to me.
And there last songs where just 'fast' not really 'fun' in my opinion.

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2011, 06:01:57 AM »
Quote from: Maeda Yuuka
Thank You

Maeda Yuuka | October 27, 2011 | 00:16
By rokun | Translated: October 27, 2011

Thank you
for all the comments!

Each and every one of your words
pierce my heart.

But it’s just vexing that I feel like I’m expressing the things I’ve thought and thought about and decided in only small part and with just a shallow feeling in writing.

I took the time
to read all of the comments!

If there were those who said to just do my best
there were those who also said I shouldn’t do this
and there were also lots of people
who just couldn’t understand and agree.

But I think
that is natural.

Since if I was in your position,
I would surely be asking “Why?” myself.

Though I have a lot of thoughts,
I’ll lock them all up inside me.

Though it’s simple to put
all of those feelings I have now into words here

since even they
I’m sure will be heard in just a shallow way
I won’t write them.

And so I’ll work hard
through these 2 months
to express those feelings in my attitude!
to all of the fans,
as well as the members I love
who always support me.

But please
understand this much.

This isn’t a decision
which I’ll change my mind about just by what people tell me.

It’s not a simple feeling
which just came into my mind a little bit ago
and I just decided on like yesterday.

I don’t think
that you’ll come to understand
what I’m feeling. Though I don’t think that,

and though it’s probably selfish,
please at least accept that (;_;)

Though nobody
can know what’s right
or what’s wrong

since I don’t want
to regret something I’ve decided myself
I’ll put all my strength into it
believe in myself, and do my best!

Also, so you’ll be able to think
that you’re glad you supported me,
from now on, as well as after I graduate,
I want to be true to myself!
Or rather, I am being true!

From now on I’ll do my best
so that I can repay the support everyone has
always given me :guu: :guu:

I’ll always
be incredibly grateful!

I want to start writing my blog again tomorrow
like I always have :sun:

http://blog.mm-bbs.org/maeda-yuuka/36950

Other messages/reactions:

Wada Ayaka
http://blog.mm-bbs.org/wada-ayaka/36893

Fukuda Kanon
http://blog.mm-bbs.org/fukuda-kanon/36758

Yajima Maimi
http://blog.mm-bbs.org/yajima-maimi/36905

Okai Chisato
http://blog.mm-bbs.org/okai-chisato/36901

Michishige Sayumi
http://blog.mm-bbs.org/michishige-sayumi/36870

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2011, 01:04:18 PM »
but the her future is bright indeed
Her future could be bright if she furthers her current h!p career path
But the number of unemployed college graduates with debts due to college fees (they aren't cheap) are on the rise,
So why is Yuukarin leaving a current career for it?
That's why people still bring up "possible unhappiness within S/mileage"

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2011, 02:04:30 PM »
^ Because she wants an education? Dear god if a girl wants to improve her knowledge and intellectuality instead of posing for pictures and singing and dancing on stage. Some people just want to LEARN. And if something is hindering that (like her career is for Yuukarin), it's likely to only make the person more passionate about reaching her goal.

This is also why so many people choose "useless degrees" when they go to university (literature, philosophy, linguistics...). They just want to learn more about something they are passionate about. It's not always about logic, but about doing what feels right for YOU. We only live once, etc.

I'd assume younger fans have the most trouble understanding this because most of them are forced to go to school and don't necessarily like it. But it's a privilege to have access to education. Falling behind in studies in comparison to your classmates doesn't matter to everyone, but when you're the type of person who cares about things like that, it can be destructive to your self-confidence or at least bother the heck out of you, probably on a daily basis. I'd hate to have Yuukarin in that type of mind set every day. Anyone who's ever felt dumb for reasons he can't help should be able to understand what she's thinking and feeling.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
First, great posts by Yuuka and her Hello! Project mates who posted about Yuuka's decision. Very thoughtful and warm hearted young ladies and all the more reason why I admire their characters.

Now some thoughts:

Yuuka became an egg in 1994 2004, when she was 9 years old.  She turns 17 on December 28th of this year. She has essentially been a child performer for nearly half of her life.
Rather than asking why she is leaving, the question is why don't more idols leave the entertainment world as they become high school aged?

Very few of them will remain in the entertainment field as a performer, and the great majority of them will re-enter the ordinary world. The orignal five Morning Musume Members actually have an unusually long time remaining in some form of public entertainment.
Yuko Nakazawa- Single, is still essentially a full time professional performer. She became an "idol" at age 24, so she had the chance to reach whatever educational goals she wanted to pursue, and when she became an idol, she was an office worker.
Kaori Iida- Was 16 or 17 when she became an idol- stated at the time that her only dream was to become a singer. Remained the longest with Morning Musume of the orignal members- took some time off to get married and start a family. Tragically her son died as an infant, and she felt in his memory that it would be the right thing to continue as an etnertainer. One of my personal favorite people in the Japanese entertainment world, a dignified and beautiful person, with a likeable "spaciness" at times.
Natsumi Abe- just about the same exact age as Kaori (they were born in the same hospital in Hokkaido, you could say rivals since birth!!) very well known, still going strong as an entertainer.
Aya Ishiguro- became an idol at about age 19, left three years later, got married and started a family "quickly". Now the mother of three children, she has dabbled in semi-celebrity, doing various projects related to being a celeberity mom, fashion, etc. Her husband is Shinya Yamada, who was drummer in the famous band Luna Sea. Thank God Aya stayed in Morning Musume long enough to be part of their biggest single "Love Machine" ....cannot imagine that song and video without her.
Asuka Fukuda- became an idol at 12 years old, dropped out entirely two years later- and dissapeared entirely. Reason given was she wanted to go back to school, but later she mentioned being bullied, as she was so much younger than the rest of the members. I do remember one comedy show where she was being twirled around by her ankles by a comedian, and then her sweat pants came down, and she was weaing granny panties, and she looked horribly embarassed. Imagine being a shy 13 year old and havng that kind of shit happen on national television- could not have been too nice for her.

Why all the long discussion about the first five members? The ones who got in entertainment at an older age have less to be conflicted about- a couple of them already through with school and Kaori and Natsumi were senior high schoolers who sure as hell found being an entertainer was a lot better than freezing their asses off in Hokkaido working in an office. (well I have no idea, but it is pretty darn cold up there in the winter!!)

But for kids who join as young as seven years old (Mai Hagiwara of C-ute)- I am not surprised as they become teenagers, some of them have second thoughts.

Back to Yuuka, I absolutely think her future is bright- she is a thoughtful and bright young woman, and she can continue to discover who she is and take a path on the adventure called life. She does not owe anyone an explanation, but has graciously tried to convey her true feelings.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 05:12:13 PM by muppet »

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2011, 04:45:29 PM »
forgot to mention in post above- Asuka Fukuda, just this year, got back in the business, and will have a release out in November. Of course now she is 26 years.
(and thank you mske san, for pointing out that Yuuka did not become an egg in 1994  :D (Tsunku san has not yet recruited fetus to be a member) :panic:
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 06:28:18 PM by muppet »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2011, 03:21:40 PM »
Right. This is a post about Yuuka Maeda :heart:

WHO'S DAT WIDDLE WIDDLE CUTESIE GUH

It's a little early since she hasn't graduated yet, but eh I felt like doing this.

Basically it's me posting random pictures and rambling :3

Yuuka Maeda passed the H!P Egg audition in 2004. Two years later I started gathering information about H!P Eggs. Yuuka was one of the first ones to catch my attention because she was, and is, one of the cutest girls I've ever seen. :wub:

Pictured: Yuuka's suffering face, one of my favourites... And Yuuka with her Tomoiki activity :3 Anata no soba ni ki wo uetai~

In 2006, she had a tv role in Gakincho Return Kids that got me super excited. Too bad she never really got on tv again, but it sounds like she was busy enough with other work. Either way, it was a good time to figure that there was something special about her. Tbh, I've still never seen a clip of her on this show... Only pictures.

Everyone remembers High-King, right? Their songs were so good. Goddamnit her voice is adorable, it's even easier to tell when it's put next to lower & more mature voices like all the leaders. I was whining about this choice a little bit because Tsunku claimed it was the best dancers and Yuuka clearly wasn't the most talented dancer among Eggs (Konatsu was). But Yuuka is cuter and a better singer, so it worked out... :lol:

Woop woop so many Shinjin Kouens >o<

ADORBS COLLAGE. Shugo Chara Egg, etc.
What I love about Yuuka is that her eyes are so honest. She may not have been looking happy on tv recently or whatever, but she was once happy. Her eyes have that genuine sparkle when she's truly smiling. Just, goddamnit. So cute!

When S/mileage finally took off, I was so proud of my Eggs >o< Ironically, I haven't been spending as much attention to them since their debut than before it. I used to watch every Egg video, but pretty fast gave up on trying to watch every S/mileage video. I can't really explain it; even I thought that S/mileage would become my favourite H!P unit, but then I fell in love with Morning Musume all over again and I guess that was it... I still think they have a great discography though, and listen to them all the fucking time lol.

One of my favourite pictures of Yuukarin to date :wub:

Even if Sakichy was also an Egg, Yuukarin's departure is affecting, and possibly will affect me more. Yuukarin was one of my favourite Eggs; not a top favourite, but up there... And she's always seemed so genuine and honest that, I suppose, I can't help but take it very seriously if she says she hasn't been able to do things the way she'd like. It somehow feels more personal than idol troubles usually feel for me. She never really came up with any kind of character, she was just this silly girl who did puns and worked hard with her friends. And sometimes that is just enough. I kind of want to give her a big hug and tell her it's all going to be alright :lol:

My ~emotions~ are a weird mix of understanding her decision and supporting it, but at the same time sadness over what could have been. I think I would've only become a bigger fan of hers in the future. Because Yuukarin seems so down-to-earth, she probably would've been an amazing older member. She is only getting more and more beautiful, as well... And the best part is, I'm not even sure she realizes herself how cute she truly is. :lol: Someone like Kanon does, but I'm not sure about Yuukarin. Whoever gets to date this girl in the future is a lucky son-of-a-bitch.

Anyway...

It's been a great pleasure to know Yuukarin for the past five and a half years! So much love bb girl, so much love.

Thank you for the memories, Yuukarin!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline MaxMcKay

• Chaotic Neutral
  • Member+
  • Offence is taken, not given
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2011, 05:34:12 PM »
Will Tsunku be writing a grad solo song for her as Please Miniskirt Postwoman's b-side like he wrote Never Forget for Asuka & Keichan?

Morning Musume died on December 15 2010 RIP ● S/mileage died on August 27 2011 RIP

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2011, 09:50:25 PM »
Since it's coming out on her birthday, I wouldn't be surprised.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Parhelion69

• Kanashimi no RIZONANTO!!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2011, 06:11:39 AM »
Great post Shirenu, got me emotional since Yuuka is one of my all time favs, and since Aichan's not anymore in H!P, she was right at the top, so it hurts a lot seeing her departing. I'm still a bit depressed, but I'll just need time.

Thankfully 9th and 10th gen are very exciting for me, and I want to see s/mileage and mobekimasu's direction so my love for H!P isn't going anywhere. It'd be much better if Yuukarin was around though.

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2011, 11:40:29 PM »
phityannext5 has posted this pre graduation tribute to Yuuka

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: November 11, 2011, 03:02:32 PM »
Youtuber smilesu3 has begun the 50 day countdown to Yuuka's graduation with this tribute featuring shots of Yuuka through the end of 2006. It is entitled  "Volume 1", so I think we can count on some more chapters soon.....

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #33 on: November 21, 2011, 02:59:47 PM »
smilesu3, with the second in a series of goodbye tributes to Yuuka chan, as she prepares to return to her studies in 2012, and to give up the life of an idol

Offline oaxiac

• Masakist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2011, 06:44:12 AM »
Volume 3 of smilesu3's epic Yuuka tribute:

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2011, 03:17:38 AM »
hisakozou created this tribute to Yuuka

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #36 on: December 12, 2011, 01:32:09 AM »
Volume 4 -of  smilesu3  's tribute to Yuuka

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #37 on: December 21, 2011, 04:12:49 PM »
Volume 5 - of  smilesu3  's tribute to Yuuka

前田憂佳 Vol.5.wmv

Offline linlin

• major dysthymic
  • Member+
« Reply #38 on: December 31, 2011, 01:11:21 AM »
can't believe it's today...
will there be any events or anything to bid her goodbye?

Offline muppet

• Member+
« Reply #39 on: December 31, 2011, 01:41:33 AM »
I do not know what event is planned (or not) to graduate Yuuka.
YouTuber  seiji617  has made this tribute video using the really beautiful song "Sayonara" by Kariyushi58, and has title his clip "At the End of the Dream" (music starts at 0:26)

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Rei-chan - Mata Ashita Jabby (Jabronisaur Tribute)