JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Aono Uta

Author Topic: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread  (Read 31347 times)

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
Re: The Tokyo Idol Festival 2013 Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 20, 2013, 08:43:09 AM »
I bet it will be posted next week.  :roll:

since we're only one week away from the festival. duh :P  :lol:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #122 on: July 24, 2013, 06:50:53 AM »
well people, we`re already in the countdown for it. prepare your raincoats. now it makes sense letting those free time slots in two stages. I guess they made this so they can allocate some shows from the outdoor venues there, if needed. just hope we don`t have some strong rain cuz the Garden stage would turn into a pond of mud. 

oh and are you planning a JPHiP meeting before/at/after the event? I see a ton of people (rofl three? four?) from here will be there... if you pay me some food I`m totally up for it.  :lol:

Offline xuinone

• Member+
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2013, 01:31:07 PM »
xuinone is a bit concerned that it might turn out that "Hot Stage" won't be "aired" to the livefeed (and posted) since it seems that "Enjoy Studio" might be the one streamed...  :smhid

Surprised that KNU(ckers) still exists at all  :lol: and that 9nine are not performing in Hot Stage... heck, at this point, it would even look good for Erena to join 9nine..
. jk :cow:

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #124 on: July 26, 2013, 09:00:25 AM »
for those who are attending it, finally the handshaking time table is out. some groups will appear only once, while others have two time slots. and this is caused by the fact that some groups (including BiS, Up Up and Passpo) will be attending another event in Odaiba, the "Odaiba Gashuukoku". for those going to the TIF, if you show your wristband at the counter, you get a 700 yens discount in the ticket for the Gashuukoku (originally 1700 yens). ps: the groups will appear using yukata in this festival.  :wub:

and now my schedule becomes even more fucked up.  :panic:

Offline Sokhar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Passpo FTW
    • RoiSokhar
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2013, 07:15:28 PM »
Will there be some streaming of the festival ? A web tv or something ?

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Last Edit: July 27, 2013, 05:05:52 AM by LarcKen »

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2013, 06:38:06 PM »
For me today:

Linda 3sei (HOT STAGE) --> bump.y (HOT STAGE) --> Idol College (Smile Garden) --> Idol Summer Jamboree (Smile Garden) --> Babyraids (Smile Garden) --> Idoling!!! handshake event (Greeting Square) --> PASSPO (HOT STAGE) --> Dorothy Little Happy (HOT STAGE) --> SUPER GIRLS (HOT STAGE) --> TGS (HOT STAGE) --> AeLL (HOT STAGE) --> Snack Umeko (Info Centre)

I waited for the rain to stop inside Wangan studio where only the staffs are allowed and get to see Babyraids, SUPER GIRLS Amita and Ruka and Shizukaze Kizuna in their regular cloth going home :D

I pretty much gave up on Azure Stage and DOll Factory since the lines are too long. Kadosawa-P said that the number is people are 1.5 times larger compared to last year and since there is less stages this time, getting inside smaller stage is pretty hellish.

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2013, 11:21:55 PM »
managed to see in the first day: passpo (at odaiba gasshukoku event), lyrical school, otome shindou, lynx, yumemiru adolescence, passpo, afilia saga, erepyon, naaboudoufu, lucky color`s, passpo (again), 7cm (great surprise. it is actually a lot better than SDN), up up girls kakkokari and idol club night (short performances of ayaman japan, seiko omori, izukoneko, vanilla beans with an old man, hy4_4yh and BiS).

basically had to redo my schedule from time to time because of delays, difficulty to reach some stages (as I said earlier in this thread, this year the stages are too far away. on top of that, the lanes to enter are bigger than ever) and cancellations (mai kotone and pre-dia cancelled due to rain). my frustration was not being able to see pre-dia, bump.y and especia. only saw for the first time 7cm (great), lyrical school (great) and hy4_4yh (I regret the lifetime lost seeing this. in fact, the whole idol club night was terrible. even BiS performance was uninspired). akushukai with afilia only (handshaking. I plan on taking 2 shots in the second day).

let`s see how the second day will work out.

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #129 on: July 28, 2013, 01:09:12 AM »
Someone stole my SUPER GiRLS towel during their Hot Stage performance :smhid 2nd row was totally not worth it. And it was their cool summer 2012 one, not the weird 2013 one.

I Hope it doesn't rain again... But it looks like it is XD

edit: The predia cancellation due to rain was tragic. I was in perfect position for front row, and sacrificed seeing GEM and Takokusekigun in order to stand in the 40 minute line up the lift. It was rough for predia too though. They were tweeting about it and they were on standby for close to an hour before the call was made to close the stages for the night. And they looked hot in the photos they took XD
« Last Edit: July 28, 2013, 01:19:28 AM by qwiksXnd »

Offline Joe

• Member+
« Reply #130 on: July 28, 2013, 01:18:44 AM »
Someone stole my SUPER GiRLS towel during their Hot Stage performance :smhid 2nd row was totally not worth it. And it was their cool summer 2012 one, not the weird 2013 one.

I wonder if this happens often... :?

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #131 on: July 28, 2013, 01:42:38 AM »
Will there be some streaming of the festival ? A web tv or something ?

http://www.justin.tv/tokyo_idol_festival_2013#/w/6294737264/7

There's also some links at the bottom to see day 1 stuff
Code: [Select]
http://www.justin.tv/tokyo_idol_festival_2013#/w/6294737264/7
And there's an hour long day 1 digest vid here: http://www.hello-online.org/index.php?app=xbt&CODE=details&torrent=61622

Chihiro

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #132 on: July 29, 2013, 01:06:48 AM »
second day: linQ; shizukaze & kizuna; shizukaze & kizuna (yes, again); pre-dia (these last two shows were added today to compensate the cancelled performances from yesterday); afilia saga; hkt48 (at smile garden. saw a part of it to tell the truth, since I had to see right after...); bump.y (hell yeah. I did most of the "kiss" coreography. take off your hats in awe, ok?  :P ); BiS; up up girls kakkokari; 7cm; mai kotone and a little part of the special encore live (with aell., up up girls, BiS and afilia).

you know, I'm already an oldie so I couldn't keep with the frenetic schedule of yesterday. saw considerably less performances this day and since the time table was horrible, couldn't take part of the akushukais (of any group that I like). pre-dia is not in my list of favorite groups (don't have a single mp3 of them) but I find it somewhat cool and had a good experience in the past so I was wanting to see them again. it turned that this performance at Azure stage was the highlight of the festival for me. really, no kidding. it was simply magical. I really hope a video of it pops out in the web. on the other hand...

despite being a long time BiS fan (my first show was at a small live house with no more than twenty wotas. so you can see how unknown they were back then. it less than a week after UK's graduation), I'm now seriously considering about stop following the group.  :( their shows are not like it once was. Tenten is a gem of an idol but the whole group looks so blasé nowadays. after some shows with the new BiS without Yuffie, I can assure you: it's not the same thing. BiS has lost a big part of its SOUL. and their shows are turning REALLY annoying, with a group of wotas "occupying the territory". they do always that silly "elect an top wota and carry him so he can say some things to his oshimen" (it is a new trend. never saw it happen before some months ago. nowadays, as far as I'm concerned, Bis, Shizukaze and Sanmyu~ wotas do this thing. maybe some few more fanbases) and look down on you if you try to stay near the stage in "their" area. I've never experienced this kind of thing before and if in the one-man next September such things happen again, it's over for me. I've other interesting (and unknown) groups knocking on the door, so...

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #133 on: July 29, 2013, 04:56:47 AM »
^ I understand what your saying about fanbases killing the experience. A small percent of the SUPER GiRLS fanbase are some of the worst idol fans and totally ruined the experience for all of the girl fans (and most of the guys) in the front rows when they were at Hot Stage. TIF staff needs to stop looking the other way on stuff like this. On the other hand I thought AeLL's fanbase was the best. They respect each other and just have fun. And one guy was giving directions to the casual fans on what to do during their songs.

I'm glad you liked predia. I missed their make-up Sky Stage performance because I thought it would be too hot and after two years of being unable to see Houkago Princess I had to see them. But I was front row when predia was at Enjoy Stadium. Easily my favorite performance of this years TIF. And their Sky Stage night performance last year is my all-time favorite TIF moment. A lot of them recognized me (Reiko, Akane, and Maimai). Even though I've been to more than 10 of their lives I never got the impression that they remembered me despite being American (although I'm a halfie I still look completely non-Japanese), but several did this time.

Day 1 was a bust for me (SUPER GiRLS Hot Stage was really disappointing, predia and DLH were rained out, there were long lines everywhere all day, and I was lame and didn't have the patience to wait for BiS at the Club Night stage), but Day 2 completely made up for it. Also met Daydreamer0Fly during GEM's Hot Stage performance. All the cool people like GEM 8). I think I saw 28 groups on Day 2 and I'm not counting the "Jamboree Encore" with Idoling, Fudanjuku, etc and only counting the 5 street-sei groups as one group.

We are so lucky it rained today and not yesterday.

Offline xuinone

• Member+
« Reply #134 on: July 29, 2013, 09:54:23 PM »
Well, they're saying they had 30,000 fans this year - which is funny since last years was supposed to be sold out and now they had 50% more) :rofl:

It probably should be called "Tokyo Idol Con" because it doesn't really look like a fest with many groups performing at the same time, and therefore, in competition for people's attention and or cash...  :doh: The Jamboree was kinda interesting, for it being a true Fest should probably be in a huge open space with two stages with non stop performers and a bit of Jams here and there...
:P2

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2013, 07:48:38 AM »
Akiba daisuki Matsuri had like 4 stages and lots of acts (not only idol) but shame their stream is now private

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2013, 04:29:03 PM »
no way it had really 30000 people there. it seemed that the lanes were bigger and all, but it can easily be explained by their poor organization and less options of stages to see this year. such an increase would result in the Zepp stage completely crowded all the day, for example. and it didn`t happen. even the HKT48 show at the Garden (where people without tickets could watch too) wasn`t so freaking crowded, I expected way more people there. maybe they`re counting the people at Odaiba Gasshukoku too.  :P

qwiksXnd, I`m pretty aware that if you saw me you would call me a "bad idol fan" since I do a lot of things that may annoy people around me like wotagei moves, screams, oshi jumps, diving, moshing... so I won't be hypocrite and ask for more rigid rules. (in fact I'm always doing the opposite, asking for looser rules at Passpo shows) but imo everything has a limit. I (and most of the people) do such things just for fun. we don't make it to show off or try to be the center of attention. when your antics start affecting the whole show, I thing it's time to stop and rethink a little bit. they're not simply annoying some people around, but messing with the whole progression of the show, obligating the girls to stop their introductions and making the MC last like forever. at some point, I saw Mitchel starting to get annoyed with it, but I thought it was fake and part of her new character. but nowadays you can easily see that not only her but all the girls are getting fed up handling with this. but when someone like Nonchan comes and say angrily "can I say my catchphrase? will you calm down a little?!" instead of stopping with it, they laugh an go even further.  :thumbdown: the wotas should be a part of the show, but not the MAIN one.

and on top of that there's the "get out of our turf" attitude. (that I'm here trying to avoid thinking of a xenophobic act, which would be even worse) I never saw it before, in any kind of show. they own the space in front of the stage? do they pay more for it? the ironic thing is that I'm probably a fan of the group for a longer time then they. the first time I remember seeing some of their faces was at the Akasaka Blitz one-man, after the group already signed with Avex and all. I'm used to see people having fun together, not this oligarchic thing. just to show how things are nowadays: during the performance at the main stage, a guy fell during one the songs. no one other than me helped him to get back on his feet. go to a punk rock show and see if this kind of thing happens... there's always at least four people helping you to get back and asking the people around to make space. I really fail to comprehend what the hell is going on with these people and from where they came. I miss BiS in the underground concerts...

the opposite of this is the Afilia fanbase, for example. it's always so friendship and funny to see their shows...

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2013, 01:09:20 AM »
The fans I don't like are the ones who are in groups of 5 or 6 and wait until 30 seconds before a performance begins before crashing their way from the back all the way to the front. I've only really noticed this at SUPER GiRLS concerts and it's like clockwork for this to happen. One on one they would never act that way, but when they are with their friends they do. For the song "Everybody Jump!!" you're supposed to be jumping throughout, but there were so many people in the front that it was a struggle just to lift your arm to wave your glowstick. No one had any room to move a cm and it was a struggle just to remain standing. It was frustrating for all the fans who had to endure Vanilla Beans (no offense XD) and then get settled comfortably for SG, only for the experience to be messed up. And I knew it was going to happen, and I'm sure others knew also, but even though you are expecting it and prepared for it, it's still impossible to prevent. There were four girl fans in front of me and I knew something was going to happen to them, just based on experience. The members of SG also noticed what was happening at several points during their concert but there is nothing they can do about it. It's just annoying how selfish a very small number of fans are. I'm fine with moshing for some groups and thought it was a mistake for PASSPO's staff to enforce rules, but the issue with SG is a little different. The lame fans don't mosh they just knock over anyone in their way as they move toward the front. It would be very easy to have a few staff on the stage before they begin and ID the 10 or so fans who do this and kick them out.

Day One
Hime carat
GEM
bump.y (1 song)
Cheeky Parade
(bought stuff at the Grand Market)
Tochiotome 25
SUPER GiRLS
DLH (half of their performance)
Afilia Saga
Vanilla Beans
SUPER GiRLS
Tokyo Girls Style
AeLL.
bumpy (1 song)
Weather Girls (1 song) *At this point it was raining and too windy so the stage was closed and they said they would make a decision later if it will be reopened
Seiko Omori
IzukoNeko
* Announcement that Azure Stage and Smile Garden were closed for the night

Day Two
GEM
HR
ALLOVER (1 song)
Especia (1 song)
Caramel Ribbon
Up Up Girls
Negaigoto
Tsuribit
Spangirl
PPP! Pixion
Houkago Princess
Links
SIR
palet
Cheeky Parade
Dream 5 (1 song)
Sakura Gakuin
GEM
Barbee (1 song)
kurikamaki
predia
hy4_4yh (1 song)
Idol Street (all 5 street-sei groups)
7cm (2 songs)
Kaiketsu Tropical Maru
Mai Kotone
DLH
Encore Jamboree thing

Offline tsutomo

• My another girlfriend
  • Member+
  • No Idol, No Life
    • tsutomo_BiS
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2013, 05:06:26 AM »
well, in the case you're talking about, I think a "girl's area" would solve the problem, no? SG doesn't have one? like Passpo and some other groups... and yep, these guys that go and act in group are the worst. they may be the biggest losers on daily life, but when they get there with their fellows, they act like gangs and think everyone else is irrelevant and should just get off the way so they can be center of attention.  :thumbdown:

hey it's not fair to count groups you only heard one song! in this case my list would be a lot longer...  :P damn, I wanted to use this festival to know some new groups but in the end it turned that I almost only heard the ones I like or already knew from other festivals... at this point I'm really thinking that Idol Yokocho ones are better simply because the stages are closer...

someone from here is attending Summersonic this year or will I be the only wota going there to see idols in a rock fes?  :shakeit:

Offline qwiksXnd

• Member+
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2013, 08:26:03 AM »
I actually mentioned to Daydreamer0Fly that there should be a girls section at Hot Stage, although technically I said something like "there should be a girls section and I should be allowed in it." SG has a girl section for their free-standing shows.

^ Has there been any word on whether there will be a TIF next year? Last year after the festival was over an "insider" on 2ch claimed there wouldn't be a TIF 2013. Obviously that person was wrong. This year wasn't as good as last year but despite the complaints it is still an amazing experience.

I thought the stages were a big improvement over last years. There just wasn't enough of them and the Venus Fort stage was a complete waste. I think Zepp Tokyo is a little better than DiverCity (although the walk is a few minutes longer), Doll Factory was much better this year, and obviously Enjoy Stadium was waaay better than Wonder Future Planet. They should have kept Secret Court and Fantastic Theater though just so the stages weren't so congested. And if they really want to take it to the next level, use both Zepp Tokyo and DiverCity.

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Asian Kung-Fu Generation - Aono Uta