JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spitz - Yumeoimushi

Author Topic: Nacchi killed a national treasure tortoise?!  (Read 21679 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Nacchi killed a national treasure tortoise?!
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2006, 10:59:33 AM »
Thanks Kulkulkan!

Just to repeat it here for when the link goes away:

Turtle travail leaves pop princess Natsumi Abe fuming in the spotlight

Natsumi Abe, pop singer and former face of girl band Morning Musume, has found herself the subject of an online hate campaign because a turtle raised its ugly head, according to Shukan Gendai (7/15).
Abe is no stranger to scandal, having been forced to temporarily curtail her career a couple of years ago after she was found to have ripped off the work of other artists in an essay collection.
After promising not to take on any work for a few months and giving up her prized spot on the New Year's Eve Red and White Singing Contest run by national broadcaster NHK, which demands squeaky clean reputations from performers, Abe has returned to touring.
"She's recently regained her clean reputation," Hideo Horikoshi, a commentator on pop idols, tells Shukan Gendai. "She had loads of fans from her time in Morning Musume and they've kept her afloat despite the scandals."
But Abe is back in the news again following a trip to sub-tropical Ishigakijima, where she made a series of short clips for a DVD and posed for a collection of photos, including bikini shots. It's not the extra exposure of flesh that has got tongues wagging about Abe, though, but the incident involving a turtle she came across between takes.
As online bulletin boards tell it, Abe came across a turtle struggling to get across the road. She picked it up and carried it back to a nearby beach in what was an apparent act of kindness.

Animal experts, though, are outraged, saying the Morning Musume star had picked up an exceptionally rare yellow margined box turtle, an endangered reptile whose mere unauthorized handling is a violation of the Cultural Asset Protection Law. Experts say the turtle lives in damp, forested areas around freshwater and by taking it out to the beach, Abe was not only removing it from its natural environment, she was virtually condemning the turtle to fry under the steaming sun.
"She got a yellow margined box turtle for sure, because they live on Ishigakijima. Abe may have thought that turtles belong in the sea, but leaving it there exposed to the sun's rays would have made it frazzle. It'd probably also die of starvation if it was around seawater for a long time, too," Kyoichi Tomita, an animal expert, tells Shukan Gendai. "Abe's fame is even worse in this case, because if people see the way she's handling this rare turtle, they'll do the same thing, too. The turtle is designated as a national natural asset and handling it requires at least a certain degree of morality."
Cultural Agency officials have pledged to look into the scandal.
"The DVD didn't have the controversial scenes in it, but we have asked educational authorities to look into the case. We are still waiting for the results of their investigation," an agency official says.
Abe's agency, meanwhile, has deflected any criticism of its charge, saying that she was only an innocent bystander and the turtle was moved by a member of staff from Wani Books, the publishing company that took her to Ishigakijima for the photo shoot.
Wani people admit the reptile was removed, but say it was an act of compassion.

"It looked like the turtle might get run over by a car, so the person in charge of the photo shoot decided that it was in the creature's best interests to be moved away. It was picked up and shifted about 50 meters away to an area near the beach," a Wani Books spokesman says, adding that the reptile was last seen ambling off toward a forest.
Abe, meanwhile, has refused to comment on the case, but a pal is more loquacious.
"She absolutely detests the media," the buddy tells Shukan Gendai. "It really makes her mad how they make such a huge fuss over the tiniest of things." (By Ryann Connell)

July 7, 2006

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: July 09, 2006, 11:00:27 AM »
Very nice summary.

So how many people actually believe Wani Books is being truthful when they say they saw it going into the forest?

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: July 09, 2006, 11:59:52 AM »
She picked it up and carried it back to a nearby beach in what was an apparent act of kindness.

Animal experts, though, are outraged, saying the Morning Musume star had picked up an exceptionally rare yellow margined box turtle

These 2 lines are just not right, because again Nacchi didn't even picked up the turtle (or tortoise) in the DVD.

ummm........... do I believe Wani Books? Well I believe there is a "staff" who took the turtle to the beach. Based on the turtle's characteristic, it should be able to walk back to the forest if the forest is not far away from the beach.

But really, this is getting too overhanded, like Nacchi "said" from her buddy.
So what are those "animal experts" or "medias" will say if Nacchi saw the turtle in the middle of a busy road and did nothing to save it? They gonna blame on Nacchi for being not-considerate and just let the turtle die?

pissed off to those people who just knows how to complain...... if you want to save animal, save the ecosystems and habitats!!!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Re-Sublimity

• Member+
« Reply #63 on: July 09, 2006, 08:13:25 PM »
Quote from: Asmodai
Very nice summary.

So how many people actually believe Wani Books is being truthful when they say they saw it going into the forest?

lol, yeah that is pretty farfetch'd isn't it. just hopes she doesn't actually get into any shit for this

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: July 09, 2006, 09:55:15 PM »
Straight from the video...

Abe picking up the turtle:

Abe putting it in the water:

The first shot is one of at most 4 frames in which the two are even on camera at the same time in the entire video (abe foot on left, turtle mostly out of shot at bottom).

The second is a turtle on some sand. No abe and no water.

(I suppose I should save my comments about fuckheads who make up meaningless shit and smear it all over the place for the bashing and flaming thread...)

Offline SunshineSlayer

« Reply #65 on: July 10, 2006, 02:47:45 AM »
I just find this whole thing hilarious. :)

Offline morningblueberry

• Member+
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2006, 04:23:32 AM »
Quote from: JTRIX
She picked it up and carried it back to a nearby beach in what was an apparent act of kindness.

Animal experts, though, are outraged, saying the Morning Musume star had picked up an exceptionally rare yellow margined box turtle

These 2 lines are just not right, because again Nacchi didn't even picked up the turtle (or tortoise) in the DVD.

ummm........... do I believe Wani Books? Well I believe there is a "staff" who took the turtle to the beach. Based on the turtle's characteristic, it should be able to walk back to the forest if the forest is not far away from the beach.

But really, this is getting too overhanded, like Nacchi "said" from her buddy.
So what are those "animal experts" or "medias" will say if Nacchi saw the turtle in the middle of a busy road and did nothing to save it? They gonna blame on Nacchi for being not-considerate and just let the turtle die?

pissed off to those people who just knows how to complain...... if you want to save animal, save the ecosystems and habitats!!!

I totally Agree with you.!!
This stupid gossip pissed me off :x It seems like whatever she does they (medias) will find the way to blame her anyway. I don't think they cared that  tortoise that much it was just the way to blame her.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #67 on: July 10, 2006, 04:33:27 AM »
Quote from: SunshineSlayer
I just find this whole thing hilarious. :)

I find it inanely stupid.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline zdorama

« Reply #68 on: July 10, 2006, 04:58:19 AM »
Hopefully this will just blow over...NO MORE SCANDAL for Nacchi!
Geez, the girl has finally moved ahead with her career after that LAST fiasco.
YORO!

kappadapyon

« Reply #69 on: July 10, 2006, 05:09:08 AM »
I find it senseless. There's no solid proof.

Media people with too much time on their hands need to get real jobs.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #70 on: July 10, 2006, 06:11:49 AM »
I actually own turtles and tortoises.

As long as it wasn't put INTO the ocean, it's FINE. Far better than the road!
They can travel quite far in a day, and unless it's upside down and can't move,the heat isn't that big an issue.

I would suspect that damn road has more to do with it's rarity than idol singers.

Offline aedon

• Member+
« Reply #71 on: July 10, 2006, 02:36:35 PM »
From the photobook: tortoise on the sand. No water.

絶 望 も 希 望 も な い 空 の よ う に 透 き 通 っ て い た い

kappadapyon

« Reply #72 on: July 10, 2006, 06:00:43 PM »
Quote from: ASSEMblerEX
I actually own turtles and tortoises.

As long as it wasn't put INTO the ocean, it's FINE. Far better than the road!
They can travel quite far in a day, and unless it's upside down and can't move,the heat isn't that big an issue.

A friend doing some research on tortoises for school once told me that they're not stupid and know their limitations (so that a tortoise that cannot swim, knows so and does not walk into the ocean). Do you know if this is true?

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #73 on: July 10, 2006, 06:13:06 PM »
Quote from: kappadapyon
A friend doing some research on tortoises for school once told me that they're not stupid and know their limitations (so that a tortoise that cannot swim, knows so and does not walk into the ocean). Do you know if this is true?

I do believe this is true and in fact many other animals have similar behaviour. When they know some areas are danger to them, they will avoid those areas and won't walk towards it.

So if those endangered tortoises are born with innate idea that sea water is danger to them, they will avoid the sea and won't walk towards it even if they are near it.
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

kappadapyon

« Reply #74 on: July 10, 2006, 07:29:18 PM »
Further proves the gossip industry anywhere has no life; they're just looking for loose bolts to piss poor Nacchi off. :p

Offline meowchi

• still listening to Viyuden
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2006, 09:36:22 PM »
I accidently killed a national ant, during the purifications of lake pradu.. Bastard was crawling on my sandwhich.

Offline ASSEMblerEX

• Miki x Ai
  • Member+
« Reply #76 on: July 11, 2006, 01:31:15 AM »
Well if it is mating season, the drive to mate will drive them to do crazy things like cross roads and tackle much longer distances than they would ever attempt.

Things like leaving food and shelter to find another.

They get most moisture from their food, and unless it's a marine
species it's going nowhere near the ocean. (which is the point of
contention). It caused unnecessary stress on the animal.
But I would say I would rather have it nowhere near that road.
Roads are responsible for the plight of so many species. A simple
tunnel under the road every 50 meters or so takes care of most problems.

Rare creatures like that tend to suffer from land development and human predation. Least we forget the Japanese love of anything that crawls,
I am sure that before the laws these things went into every nabe pot on the island.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2006, 01:34:42 AM by ASSEMblerEX »

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #77 on: July 11, 2006, 02:34:20 AM »
Quote from: ASSEMblerEX
Well if it is mating season, the drive to mate will drive them to do crazy things like cross roads and tackle much longer distances than they would ever attempt.

I know what that's like...

Offline SeeYa

• Member+
« Reply #78 on: September 21, 2006, 04:43:03 AM »
LOL on the shirenu and erick and ....the other guy...and the other other guy convo. That was funny! Nacchi....foot soldier...xDD neways....I feel bad for the turtle. I really do. But I feel bad for Nacchi as well....first the plagerism.... and now...the turtles.......oh the turtles.....poor nacchi.... Someone's out to get her! placing turtles on roads....that's horrible!  Hope the turtles okay though. Hah. well at least she never got sued...or fined...or suspended.
An ant? a national ant? wow.... all ants look the same to me.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 03:18:14 AM by SeeYa »

Offline baobao

« Reply #79 on: October 26, 2006, 10:58:26 PM »
r u serious? suspecting nacchi of killing a turtle...... n suspending her too.......... its just a TURTLE (sorry n no offence to animal lovers) its not worth it when u compare nacchi to that that that TURTLE. plus i dont think nacchi would kill or harm a cute lookig turtle, just not her sytle n personality

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Spitz - Yumeoimushi