JPHiP Radio (41/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History

Author Topic: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (39/40) [WMatsui] - 25/12/2018  (Read 141408 times)

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (38/40) [WMatsui] - 21/11/2018
« Reply #720 on: December 13, 2018, 02:36:49 PM »
Holaaaaa~~~~
Thank you for the update!

Finally I get the chance to say what I have in mind XD
See, I keep my promise!

It's a long awaited chapter indeed but I enjoyed it to the fullest! I'm agree that this chapter is a bit cheesy but it's sweeeeeeeettttt...... I love it!
I like it how they spent their time together, just like another people *cough cough*, I mean couple lol

They deserve a happy ending and it seems like you already decided that chapter 40 will be the last, right? I don't know why but I'm happy with that and I guess that's the best way how this story end :D

Once again, thank you for the update and for being a faithful wmatsui shipper :')
Cheerio!

P.s. Sorry for the lack of cute emoticon because I use another laptop which I don't know why the browser couldn't show the emoticon.
P.p.s. I hope you'll publish your fanfics on books!! ;) *Fingers crossed.*

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (39/40) [WMatsui] - 25/12/2018
« Reply #721 on: December 25, 2018, 12:37:16 PM »
CHAPTER 39

Jurina watched with adoration the feminine, slender form in bed, cautious not to move or make too much noise. Even if she tried, Jurina would be unable to look away, drinking in the sight of the beautiful, naked actress sleeping beside her so innocently and peacefully. A few times already, Jurina had resisted the urge to close the distance and refamiliarize herself with the taste of Rena’s soft, warm inviting lips, luxuriating in the feeling of pure bliss coursing through her veins.

I’ve accepted the idea that pain is part of life. However, no matter what the future has in store for me, my ultimate wish is to be happy at the end.

Without warning, this, maybe naïve, yet legitimate wish she had once expressed during her 2016 Summer holidays with Mayu and Yuki came rushing back to Jurina’s mind. That day at the temple, it had taken her a little while to choose a wish. After all, she already had everything she desired: a job she adored, faithful friends, and a girl she loved endlessly. When her world crumbled down after her devastating breakup with Rena, she still kept making that wish, year after year, even though a part of herself feared she might never truly regain those lost moments of happiness.

Realization dawned on her that the universe had, when she the least expected it, listened and granted her deepest desire. Yes, she was over the moon; happier than she ever hoped she could be. Much as she sometimes liked to act tough, mature and independent, Jurina was more than aware than it was only an illusion, a lie she told herself and others to avoid facing the truth that she needed Rena’s love as much as she needed air to breathe.

Their paths were tightly intertwined and their souls bound by the strongest tie: a love that would never wither and die through time and distance. As long as she remembered, Rena had always been her compass, a guiding light. When the pressure and expectations were too high in SKE48 and Jurina was on the verge of breaking down, both physically and mentally, Rena was by her side to offer her unconditional support. She was a comforting, reassuring presence and a shoulder to lean on in times of hardship, promising her that there was always a light at the end of the tunnel.

By her constant faith in her, loyalty and determination, Rena taught her to never concede defeat, showing her that she was never alone but surrounded by people who trusted, cared and believed in her. No matter what, she ought to keep moving forward: trust her lucky star that had at the early age of 11 propelled her into the spotlight when she became the Center of what would be one of the most famous idol groups in Japan.

But above all that, Rena was her sun. She illuminated her path and her life in this often harsh, demanding world. She filled a void in her heart with her warmth, patience, and infinite caring. And now that she had Rena back in her arms, Jurina was well determined to never let anything or anyone split them apart ever again.

Jurina smiled affectionately when she saw the body next to her stirring up, a pair of sleepy, small brown orbs fluttering open and falling on her. This time, she didn’t hesitate to gently press her lips against Rena’s, connecting their mouths in a slow, morning kiss. Wishing to give Rena proper time to wake up, she remained quiet for now and contemplated every little inch of Rena’s face. Her fingertips traced Rena’s eyebrows, then brushed lightly down her nose before teasing her bottom lip with her thumb, soon seeing the corners of her girlfriend’s mouth pulling up into a smile. “Hi…”

“Hi,” Jurina whispered back; she reached for Rena’s hand on the pillow and enveloped it with her own, renewing with their morning routine. “Did you sleep well?”

“I did,” Rena pulled their joined hands to her lips and planted a kiss on top of Jurina’s knuckles, before playing with Jurina’s fingers and lacing them together. “How long have you been awake?”

“Hum…” Jurina snaked an arm around Rena’s waist under the bedsheet, claiming Rena’s lips once more in a gentle kiss, while her fingers drew slow, random patterns across Rena’s naked back. “Maybe half an hour?”

Rena’s eyes widened slightly in surprise. “Don’t tell me you’ve been staring at me this whole time?”

“Why not?” Jurina’s lips twitched in amusement. “You look so adorable when you’re sleeping. I wouldn’t want to miss it.”

Rena buried her face in the pillow, averting her gaze. “Stop it.” She groaned in protest. “I look terrible in the morning, and you know it.”

“That’s not true,” Jurina dropped a kiss on Rena’s forehead, then another down her cheek, before cupping her chin and turning it in her direction. When Rena’s eyes slowly met hers, Jurina leaned down and sealed her lips with a kiss. “In the morning or in the evening. With or without makeup. When you were all sweaty from dancing and exhausted after a long day of rehearsal with the group. Nevermind the day, the time, or the circumstances, you were still the most gorgeous girl in the room to me.”

“I don’t even know why I’m trying to reason with you,” Rena smiled resignedly and ran her fingers through Jurina’s long dark hair, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. “No matter what I say, I’ll never have the final word with you, will I?”

“Never,” Jurina’s expression softened at the tender gesture, before she smirked. “Because you know I’m right anyway.”

Rena laughed at Jurina’s smug, yet teasing expression. “Alright, that’s enough. Stop saying silly things and kiss me…”

Jurina didn’t need to be asked twice, eagerly bringing their lips together. Little by little, the first light kisses they exchanged turned more pressing and demanding. They didn’t hesitate to express their mutual passion and longing with a series of lingering kisses, their hands exploring and mapping each other’s bodies with caresses. When their lips eventually parted in need of air, Jurina’s heart thumped noisily as her gaze plunged into Rena’s deep loving one.

Nevermind the insecurities, doubts and fears that might have placated them both in the past, there was one thing she was now absolutely certain of: Rena was the only person she wanted to spend the rest of her life with.

Jurina relished the pleasurable sensation of Rena’s fingers stroking her hair and, with a soft sigh, she settled her mouth on Rena’s once more, her girlfriend’s lips warm and sweet on hers, until her attention fell down onto the necklace the older girl was wearing. Jurina extended her hand to reach the ring nested between Rena’s breasts, turning and observing it attentively between her fingertips. The previous evening, she was stunned to discover that Rena kept the ring with her after all these years.

Jurina had her own ring at home, carefully secured in its box in a drawer. After their breakup, and once she had found the strength to remove it from her finger, she had never worn it again, her sorrow resurfacing too easily at the simple view of the piece of jewelry. The fact that Rena still wore it close was another indisputable proof that Rena’s love for her was sincere and had never wavered. Jurina felt incredibly touched by this revelation, yet it also made her realize how terribly blind, insecure and foolish she had been.

Jurina’s mood darkened; her grip around the ring faltered. “That day, I should have figured out what was really happening and why you were saying all those things. It wasn’t you. You had been acting strangely for weeks, but I didn’t ask the right questions. I let my insecurity speak and I gave up on you. That will always be my biggest regret…” Tears of remorse formed in Jurina’s eyes. “I should never have walked out of your apartment. I should have fought for you. I should-”

“No, stop,” Rena said urgently, pressing a finger to her lips. “Please don’t. You never did anything wrong.”

“I know things could have been different if I hadn’t left,” Jurina insisted, feeling tears wetting on her cheeks.

“Listen to me,” Rena cradled Jurina’s face between her palms, delicately wiping away her tears one after another. “I know I’m a clumsy, flawed 29-year-old girl who still sometimes has difficulty expressing how she feels. For so many years, I did not want to meddle with matters of the heart. It took me so long to accept that I needed you in my life more than I thought. To come to the realization that I had fallen in love with my flirty, sometimes childish, yet caring, faithful and passionate WCenter. This heart belongs to you,” Rena held Jurina’s hand inside hers and placed it against her beating heart. “It has never beaten for anyone else but you. And as long as you want me in your life, as long as your love for me stays intact, I vow to never, ever leave your side again.”

“R-Rena…” Jurina’s voice shook with emotion. New fresh tears, ones of happiness this time, found their way to her eyes and rolled down her cheeks. Words failed her as she found herself deeply moved by Rena’s profession of love and she snuggled her face against the crook of Rena’s neck. As Rena’s arms instantly enveloped her in response, her heart beat wildly inside her chest.

Jurina knew Rena wasn’t just the best partner she could ever dream of having on both a professional and personal level: she was also conscious her heart equally belonged to her and would never stop beating for her. Rena planted a few gentle kisses on top of her head, while her hand caressed the length of her back in a soothing, affectionate gesture. Jurina didn’t have an ounce of doubt that her heart was once more safe and secured in Rena’s loving care.

For a while, they quietly stayed into each other’s arms, simply enjoying each other’s warmth and presence. Jurina allowed herself to relax, refusing to move away from the comfortable position they had settled in. Not once, she bothered to check the time on the alarm-clock, nothing else mattering at this précised moment than enjoying the present moment and their recaptured happiness.

Rena’s soft, gentle voice eventually broke the silence between them. “What do you want to do after breakfast?”

“I don’t know,” Jurina murmured truthfully, feeling far too at ease in Rena’s arms to consider any other form of activity. “Do you…” After a thoughtful pause, she considered Rena’s question more seriously. “Is there any movie you wanted to see at the cinema?”

“Hum, not especially…” Rena answered pensively.

Jurina disentangled herself from the embrace and gazed back at her. “Really? There isn’t?”

“No, but we can always check the program and see if there’s anything we’re interested in,” Rena suggested, facing her back. “What do you think?”

“It’s a good idea,” Jurina smiled fondly, nodding in approval. “In the meantime, instead of going downstairs for breakfast, why don’t we-”

“Order room service?” Rena chimed in, arching an eyebrow in amusement. “And stay in bed a little while longer?”

“H-How do you…” Stupefaction touched Jurina’s face. “How did you know what I was about to say?!”

“Let’s call it… a hunch?” Rena joked. “You can be so predictable sometimes.”

“I’m not… I’m not that predictable,” Jurina grumbled, before a mischievous twinkle appeared in her eyes. Her palm traveled up Rena’s chest, her fingers mapping her skin slowly and sensuously. “I can be full of surprises too.”

“I know you do…” Rena smiled knowingly. “Let me go and order room service first, then we can continue this conversation where we left it.” Her lips brushed hers in a slow, drugging kiss, before she caught Jurina’s wandering hand inside hers. “Alright?”

Jurina didn’t say anything and kept her eyes fixed on her as Rena removed the bedcover and took a seat on the side of the bed, before straightening up and wrapping her arms around Rena’s waist. “I’m sure it can wait,” she whispered huskily inside Rena’s ear, Rena’s body shuddering against her while she rained little soft kisses on the nape of her neck. “I’m not feeling very hungry right now.”

When Rena turned around in her arms and gave her a look that made the breath leave her body, Jurina didn’t hesitate to assault her lips and pin her down to the bed, her hands roaming freely over Rena’s compliant, naked, desirable body. Soon, the kiss intensified, their tongues seeking each other’s out as the flame of desire sparkled between them once more. The sound of Rena’s moans spurred her, Jurina growing more excited and impatient to explore and ravish every square inch of her body all over again.

It was past 3 p.m. when she and Jurina exited the independent local cinema, Rena feeling quite content about the Irish-American comedy they had just watched together. Yes, it was sometimes a little cheesy and full of sentimentalism, yet Rena had to recognize that this romance between a sophisticated Boston girl and a gruff Irish bartender was also funny and uplifting, typically the kind of movies that fit the holidays spirit. 

As Jurina commented enthusiastically a few scenes she had enjoyed, Rena couldn’t help but tease her about the few tears she had witnessed on her girlfriend’s cheeks during some emotional moments, much entertained when Jurina defended herself and proclaimed, a little clumsily, that she definitely didn’t weep during the movie. Nevermind how many times Rena assured her that it was perfectly fine and she found her behavior actually quite touching and adorable, Jurina refused to hear none of it.

After a few more protests coming from her flustered girlfriend, Rena decided to let her win this little debate, aware that Jurina never liked being seen as someone too sensitive. Rena was conscious that it was because that aspect of her personality contrasted with the image Jurina tried to project in SKE for so long: the one of a mature, strong and confident leader. Rena always believed that Jurina didn’t need to fit an idealistic version of herself, and had no reason to be ashamed of herself.

Her emotions were everything but a weakness; on the contrary, they were what made her quite special and unique.

As they were now heading towards the shopping center, they paused to watch the stage being erected for the upcoming concert. Rena felt admittedly quite excited about the prospect. This weekend, she hadn’t traveled to Tokyo for the sole purpose of the anime and manga convention. She also planned to attend the mini-showcase of Dreams come True, one of her favorite Japanese groups.

Rena got distracted when she heard Jurina’s cellphone ringing, Jurina slipping her hand from her grasp to check the screen, only to witness the younger girl hanging up and putting the device back inside her vest pocket. Albeit the fact Jurina redirected her attention to the stage, casually seizing her hand back in the process, Rena was slightly destabilized by Jurina’s behavior, literally feeling the tension now emanating from her.

This weekend, Jurina had received a few phone calls, mostly related to work, and would always try to solve the matter quickly in her presence, or isolate herself in the hotel corridor. However, in two specific occasions, and upon noticing the caller ID, she had purely and simply hanged up, the following moment returning to her previous occupation as if nothing happened. Under other circumstances, Rena would believe her girlfriend was trying to be thoughtful and ignoring a few calls to not disturb her too much, yet the way Jurina’s features always darkened afterwards told her there had to be another explanation.

“When does the showcase start?” Jurina suddenly asked.

“6 p.m.,” Rena replied, jolting out of her thoughts. “It’s a very short concert; it’s only supposed to last 1 hour.”

“Oh, I see…” Jurina nodded in understanding.

The faint smile Jurina sent her way didn’t fool her in the slightest, and was enough to tell her that something was definitely going on. Much as she wasn’t one to pry more than necessary, Rena couldn’t hold her tongue any longer, worried about the abrupt, negative change of mood that always followed those mysterious phone calls. She had to know. She had to ask. “Jurina, is everything alright?”

Jurina glanced back at her, puzzled. “Yes, I’m fine. Why are you asking?”

“It’s just…” Rena bit down on her lower lip uncertainly, wondering if she couldn’t be imagining things when Jurina’s mouth suddenly drew into a curious, innocent smile. Nevertheless, she decided to push through and follow her instincts. “It’s the second time you’re receiving a phone call and chose not to answer. If it’s related to work or if it’s important, you can answer. You don’t have to be afraid of disturbing me.”

At once, Jurina’s face clouded with unease. “It’s not work… It’s not important. Don’t worry about it. I’ll reply later. It can wait.”

Rena studied her carefully. If there was one thing Jurina had clearly never been good at, it was lying. And, right now, she could tell Jurina wasn’t being entirely honest with her. The concept that Jurina was hiding something from her, coupled with the younger girl’s palpable nervousness, only served to increase her concern. “Is something wrong? Whatever it is, you know you can tell me.”

Jurina stayed silent, her lips tightly sealed. Rena gave her hand a light, encouraging squeeze, patiently waiting for her to confess what was most visibly troubling her. “It’s… It’s my mom,” Jurina finally blurted out, avoiding her gaze. “She’s inviting me home for dinner, and wants to know when I’m available.”

Rena processed the information, guessing by Jurina’s reaction that she wasn’t particularly enchanted by the prospect. When they were in SKE, Jurina maintained a very close blond with her mother, never failing to mention her or praise her at every given opportunity. However, Rena suspected their relationship had suffered greatly when Jurina had discovered the certain role her mother had played in their separation.

“You haven’t spoken to your mother since that day, have you?” Rena asked delicately, only to have her predictions confirmed when Jurina responded with a silent nod. Rena cupped her chin and gently tilted Jurina’s face towards her. “I know how terribly upset you were with her, but it’s been three months. I think… I think you should try and reconcile with her.”

“Why should I?” Jurina breathed, anger flashing in her eyes. “She knew that I loved you and that we were together, but she went behind my back to push you to break up with me. How can I… How can I ever forgive her for this? How could you?!”

Rena was caught off guard by Jurina’s outburst. “You know it’s not exactly what happened…” she explained tentatively. “Your mother loved you and feared for your future. I know she meant well and only had your wellbeing and career in mind. That’s why I understood her initiative and never held it against her. She was doing what any caring parent would do: protect their child.”

As Jurina broke into a long and quite uncharacteristic silence, Rena could tell this conversation was a sensitive topic and truly affecting her as a look of sadness crossed her face. It evidently brought back bad memories, memories Jurina had probably been trying to keep buried deep inside her all this time. “I don’t know… I don’t know if I can ever forget. She was the person I loved and trusted the most in this world. No matter my choices and decisions, she always listened and supported me. And in the end, she betrayed me in the most painful way. She hurt me, Rena. How can I ever forget it?”

Rena felt her heart sink, seeing the tears rising unbidden behind Jurina’s lids. “I know that it hurt you. I really do,” she gently pulled Jurina into her arms, holding her close. “But I truly hope you’ll give her a second chance. Just as you found it in your heart to forgive me and accept me back in your life.”

When Jurina didn’t reply, Rena strongly wished her words would manage to reach her. Three months ago, when Jurina had come by at her apartment on that rainy evening of September, she had witnessed the look of shear fury on Jurina’s face after the revelation of what her mother had done. Despite it, Rena always believed deep down that Jurina’s resentment towards her mother wouldn’t last and would eventually fade away, when the pain would have subsided enough. 

Because if there one thing she was certain of, it was that Jurina couldn’t afford to let one mistake divide her from one of the most important persons of her life.

Akane found herself enchanted by the view of the Christmas illuminations decorating the streets of Tokyo, not hesitating to follow Airi as her friend stopped in front of a shop to admire the small mechanical white bears and reindeers moving behind the glass window and surrounding a giant Father Christmas. As most of her weekend was spent wandering around the halls of the Jump Festa, Akane always used the way back to the hotel as an occasion to loosen up and immerse herself in the light, joyful atmosphere that surrounded the festive season.

Behind her back, Akane heard a little girl approaching and dragging by the hand her parents towards the shop window, sticking her face to the glass and pointing enthusiastically at a small and cute rabbit hidden in the deep artificial snow. Akane watched fondly the touching and amusing little family scene unfolding in front of her before her eyes flickered to her friend by her side, only to see Airi smiling at her. “The Christmas decorations are especially nice this year, don’t you think?”

“They are,” Akane confirmed and returned the smile, before diverting her attention back to the street when Airi took a step back from the window.

Akane let out a quiet sigh of satisfaction as they slowly resumed their walk to the meeting point, not believing how incredibly well the weekend had turned out. At 5 p.m., the streets were now completely dark, yet Akane had no difficulty encountering the WMatsui pair waiting beside the large Christmas tree decorating the center of the avenue. From afar, Akane observed the interaction between the two girls, from the smiles they occasionally exchanged while they were engaged in a conversation, to the physical proximity highlighted by their casual handholding.

For the bystanders and in the eye of the rest of the world, those two girls looked like two good friends enjoying a carefree evening together. Yet, after spending more than a decade by Jurina’s side, Akane could read her body language pretty well. Rena never let transpire much in public and mostly kept her thoughts and emotions to herself. It wasn’t just an intrinsic aspect of her introvert personality, but also a way of preserving herself from ill-intentioned people.

However, not the same could be said about Jurina: much as she tried, she never managed to keep her feelings to herself very long, and had always been much easier to read. And right now, Akane could see her friend literately glowing from inside. From the hand that refused to let go of Rena’s, and too often played with her fingers. To the smile full of love and adoration she harbored each time her eyes landed on the older girl. All the signs were here to indicate the genuine joy Rena’s presence by her side procured her.

Akane couldn’t avert her gaze from the view, one she hadn’t witnessed in three long years, soon finding herself a little conflicted. On one hand, she was more than glad and relieved that the dark days of sorrow were behind them and Jurina truly seemed to have found the happiness she sought. Yet, another part of her couldn’t help but wonder if she hadn’t by her actions unintentionally prevented Jurina from obtaining what she had secretly desired the most all this time.

“Churi, what’s wrong?” When she felt a hand touching her arm lightly, Akane glanced sideways, only to witness Airi looking at her in curiosity. “You’re awfully quiet.”

Akane paused in her steps. For a long moment she hesitated, not knowing where to start, before realizing she couldn’t delay this conversation any longer. These last three years, Airi had remained a faithful friend to her, never judging her despite their serious points of disagreements concerning Rena. This weekend, Airi had finally opened her eyes on the truth, a truth she stubbornly refused to see for so long. “I feel…” She breathed a heavy sigh of regret. “I feel so stupid.”

“What do you mean?” Airi asked, confused.

“Rena… You were right about her all along,” Akane confessed. “Why she went to see Jurina at the hospital when she collapsed after a handshake, or why she accepted to participate to her graduation concert. The reasons should have been obvious to me, but I could never figure out Rena’s actions and motivations. She always remained such a mystery to me. I felt so frustrated and powerless about the situation, that I even childishly lashed out at you that day I came back from visiting Jurina at the hospital. I couldn’t understand why Rena would rush to the hospital to see her, only to crush her hopes of reconciliation.”

Akane paused; her voice filled with remorse. “But I was completely missing the point, wasn’t I? How could I let my emotions cloud my judgment? What kind of friend was I to try and dissuade Jurina from being reunited with Rena? The person she always and still loved despite everything?”

Airi looked at her with comprehension and compassion. “We all have moments when we fail to be completely impartial. We are guided by our emotions and forget to think rationally and objectively, but it’s what shows our genuine attachment to someone. What matters the most is that we are capable of seeing, accepting and fixing our mistakes. And you did it, Churi. When you agreed to split ways with Rena and Jurina after dinner and gave them an opportunity to be alone, you had their best interests at heart.”

“Maybe…” Akane’s voice trailed away, not entirely convinced. “But I really behaved inappropriately with Rena all this time. I spoke to her in a way… I told her certain things I should never have. I don’t know if she’ll ever forgive me for it.”

“I cannot speak for Rena, but if there’s one thing I know about her, it’s that she’s not the kind of person to hold a grudge against someone,” Airi carefully answered, her smile brisk and reassuring. “It’s just not like her.”

When she felt Airi catching her hand and giving it a light squeeze, Akane clutched her fingers tightly, summoning up her courage as she knew she had something else and very important to say. “It’s not the only thing I wanted to talk to you about,” she added nervously. “I also wanted to tell you that I really enjoyed spending the weekend with you. I know that I haven’t been the best of friends lately and I should have been more attentive and understanding. I truly missed this. I missed us.”

“You don’t have to worry so much,” Airi’s mouth curved into a smile of pleasure. “You’ve always been one of my closest friends and nothing, no one will ever change that.”

“Sometimes, I think I don’t deserve you…” Akane said painfully.

“Don’t say that,” Airi protested, giving her hand a gentle tug. “I meant to ask you. Do you have any plans for Christmas?”

“No, I don’t…” Akane slowly answered.

“Then, what do you say if we spend Christmas together?” Airi suggested with an expectant look.

“Yes, I want to spend Christmas with you,” Akane offered her a small, shy smile, hope filling her from within. More than anything, she was fully conscious that she was exceptionally fortunate to have such a trusted and forgiving friend as Airi in her life, and she doubted a few words of apology would ever be enough to justify her past behavior. From now on, she was well decided to do everything in her power to redeem herself.

Rena fell into step with the three other girls as they entered and strolled through the Christmas market, holding her breath at the spectacular view awaiting her. The flower and herb parterres were surrounded by decorative illuminated arches: the tree trunk and branches also illuminated the pathway borders. The large, sparkling Merry Christmas neon sign and rainbow illumination welcomed them above their head: with so many points of attraction, Rena didn’t know where to focus her attention. At this late time of the day, the place was crowded with families and couples, visitors pausing now and then to marvel at the glittering Christmas decorations or to stop by a vendor cart offering a variety of sweets, pastries and hot drinks to take away.

When Jurina pointed at a red, heart-shaped sparkling lollipop on sale, Rena chuckled softly at her barely-contained excitement, admitting you could indeed truly find all sorts of unique and unusual products around this festive period. Soon enough, Jurina’s attention was caught by a shop selling Christmas Wagashi, coming in different sizes and flavors, finding especially cute the snowmen and holly leaves shaped ones.

“You want to buy some?” Rena asked, approaching the window shop her girlfriend was now looking at.

“The red bean and green tea Wagashi look delicious,” Jurina said, before sighing dejectedly when she noticed the long waiting queue inside. “But there are too many people and I don’t want to make you all wait for me.”

“Ah, Wagashis. I wanted some too,” Airi chimed in and stared at the window shop, before tilting her head innocently in Rena’s direction. “Why don’t you go and admire the decorations with Akane while Jurina and I buy some?”

Rena found herself momentarily speechless. “What… What are you saying,” she frowned, bewildered by her friend’s suggestion. “We don’t have to split ways, we can all wait together inside.”

“There’s really a lot of people, and we don’t know how long it will take us,” Airi gently interjected, shaking her head in disagreement. “In the meantime, you should both enjoy yourselves. What do you think, Akane? You don’t mind, do you?”

After a moment of silence, Akane answered. “Of course, not…”

Rena slowly looked back and forth between the two girls, finding Airi’s curious smile a little odd and suspicious, while not missing Akane’s manifest discomfort. At last, Rena’s gaze fell onto Jurina in expectation, silently seeking for support. To her greatest astonishment, her girlfriend didn’t seem opposed to the idea and didn’t object, instead saying that it was a good idea and, without further delay, planting a quick kiss on her cheek before entering the shop with Airi.

Rena was left frozen on the spot, stupefied by what had just occurred, before glancing back hesitantly to the silent girl behind her. Rena considered what to say, feeling the uncomfortable tension stretching between them. “It looks like they will be here for a while,” Rena spoke up, slanting another glance in the direction of the shop, only to discover that Jurina and Airi were now engaged in a conversation. “I guess we should just do as they suggested and come back a little later.”

Rena regarded Akane back in expectation and, as she received a quiet nod in reply, slowly turned on her heels as they began to walk back towards the Christmas market. Rena did her best to ease up but failed to appreciate the light, festive atmosphere surrounding her as much as she wished. “Did you enjoy your weekend at the convention?” Rena asked, her voice deliberately casual, not wishing to let her own edginess transpire. “Did you manage to see everything you wanted?”

“Oh… yes,” Akane’s voice trailed away uneasily. “It was terribly crowded in the afternoon, but some big announcements were made, so I’m glad I was able to come.”

“When such a convention isn’t crowded anyway?” Rena tried to break the heavy atmosphere with a joke. “But it’s what makes all the fun, doesn’t it?” When she saw Akane’s features slowly relaxing, Rena was compelled to continue. “The satisfaction of obtaining an exclusive product or a few interesting goodies, or to meet an artist that you admire. It’s what makes us ready to brave the crowd.”

“It’s true,” Akane conceded with a smile. After a shrinking pause, she added. “And the movie adaptation of the Promised Neverland was amazing. I had already seen the TV anime, but they added new, exclusive scenes in the movie. The animation was truly mind-blowing. They are already planning a sequel for 2022.”

Rena nodded, listening in interest. Akane’s enthusiasm was now clearly perceptible in her tone, and the previous, heavy atmosphere was slowly dissipating. Akane, Airi and herself shared more than one passion in common, yet they never had had the possibility to talk about it so freely until now. How come? Rena asked herself, before acknowledging that she and Akane always had certain differences in SKE48.

Was this conversation finally the opportunity Rena had been waiting for to mend the rift between them? Akane was now admiring the magnificent parterre made up of hundreds of red, heart-shaped incandescent light bulbs and Rena carefully maneuvered her thoughts, wishing to find the best way to broach this sensitive subject. Eventually, Akane was the first to speak up.

“There’s something… There’s something I want to tell you,” Akane stopped and looked at her a little apprehensively. “I know my words might not be enough to make things right between us, but I would like to apologize for the way I treated you all this time. I should never have judged you or spoken to you the way I did. It was unfair and childish of me.”

Rena didn’t expect such openness, taken aback by Akane’s genuine expression of regret. “You don’t need to apologize. Jurina is extremely lucky to have such a good friend who cares about her the way you do.”

“I never tried to understand you,” Akane’s voice dropped to a whisper; she looked away in shame. “I had no right to be so impolite and talk to you so drily during Jurina’s graduation concert. I know my behavior might have given that impression, but I want you to know that it was never personal.” She dared to meet her gaze again, her tone more confident. “I always respected you for everything you’ve accomplished in the group. SKE48 would never have been so successful without your dedication and tenacity. I know I can never justify my behavior towards you. I just hope that one day…”

“You were trying to protect Jurina,” Rena answered comprehensively. “And I want you to know that I never held it against you. I know that you only meant well. If there’s anyone who should apologize, it’s me. I know that your relationship with Airin suffered because of me. It was never my intention to draw Airin and you apart, and after this weekend… I want to believe that it’s not too late. That the damage I’ve done can be repaired.”

“I’m mostly responsible for what happened between Airin and me,” Akane smiled sadly, before adding, a glimmer of hope filling her voice. “But after this weekend, I want to believe that I can learn from my mistakes and nothing is irreversible. That’s why I wanted to seize that chance to make things right not only with Airin, but also with you. Because I can tell our lives will once more be intrinsically linked. Am I wrong?”

“I love Jurina from the bottom of my heart,” Rena spoke softly and sincerely, easily understanding the deeper meaning, the hidden question between the lines. “And I don’t want to imagine a future without her.”

Akane’s face creased into a sudden smile. “I’ve been watching you two all weekend, and I don’t doubt your feelings for her anymore. I can tell Jurina is truly happy, and it’s all that matters to me. And maybe, maybe it’s not too late for us to put the past behind and get to know each other better?”

Rena knew what Akane was asking: a fresh start. The words left her lips naturally. “Yes, I would like that too.”

Rena had time to witness a warm, glow of satisfaction entering Akane’s eyes before she distinguished Jurina’s voice calling her and she glanced over her shoulder, seeing both their friends joining them with small, white boxes in their hands. Rena’s mouth curved with tenderness while Jurina showed enthusiastically the content of her box, before the four of them slowly resumed their exploration of the Christmas market.

Rena sneaked a discreet peek at Akane, a feeling of relief sweeping through her chest after their conversation. It wasn’t exactly how she had envisioned this moment between them, and she had been undeniably deeply touched by Akane’s sincere request for forgiveness. Today, Rena could tell a decisive step had been made, and Akane’s peace offering marked a turning point in their relationship.

It was 6 p.m. sharp when the lights went on and the instrumental overture, Open sesame, sounded loudly through the speakers. As the drummer, guitarist, and all the other musicians and dancers of the band took place on stage, the crowd waved their glowing fans in rhythm with the lively music, until the arrival of the much-anticipated female lead singer sent the crowd in a frenzy, cheering as Miwa took place behind the mic.

“Good evening, my Wonder Babies!”

As soon as the 2:30 min opening faded, the first song of the showcase, My time to shine, resonated, Jurina getting dragged into the joyful atmosphere while the whole crowd sang along the lyrics of the 2014’ J-pop song. Now and then, Jurina’s gaze drifted from the main stage to the huge singing crowd around her, amazed by their joy, dynamism and positive energy.

It wasn’t the first time Jurina attended a Dreams come True’s concert; she had accompanied Rena to a few of them in the past. Yet, the fans’ amazing loyalty and dedication never failed to impress her. To begin with, mostly women listened to their music and attended the band’s concerts, a sharp contrast with idols’ main audience. Jurina might not be a fervent adept of the group as Rena proved to be, she had to recognize that their cheerful music put you in a good mood effortlessly.

The following hour went flying by, the songs flowing naturally and following each other intelligently bringing, one after another, quite different moods. The band continued with songs from their new 2020’ album, until the atmosphere relaxed and settled down with a couple of slow, romantic melodies. When the bassist, Masato, emblematic figure and co-founder of the group, announced that the next song would be the last, the crowd manifested its slight disappointment, wishing the show to go on, before the first notes of Winter Song began to play in the air.

The dusk is gaining ground, lights flicker all around

And as I walk the lonely street, the snow is falling ever faster

Looking to the sky, I wonder where you are

The way you came into my life, filling every day with laughter

Almost blind by the snowflakes on my face

Despite the chill I feel the warmth of your embrace

Artificial snow was projected all over the crowd and every audience’s member looked up to the sky, in a mixture of surprise and awe. The snowflakes falling above their heads didn’t only enhance the romantic atmosphere of the sweet ballade, it also reminded everyone of the snow that had fallen in abundance the previous day in Tokyo, and that still covered in a few places the pavement and parks of the city.

I want to show you everything I see, the way I’m feeling

I need to be with you tonight, to hold your arms around me

My love for you is deeper than the deepest snows of winter

The greatest gift I ever had was you

Jurina chanced a glance at Rena who was standing by her side and watched her expression closely, seeing her eyes riveted on the main stage. Rena’s current happiness was greatly communicative and Jurina’s heart pounded, finding her especially beautiful tonight. When she noticed a few snowflakes on Rena’s black, winter coat, she swept them away delicately, Rena instantly glancing back at her. Rena’s whole face brightened with pleasure and Jurina found it impossible not to return the smile, before leaning her head on Rena’s shoulder and bathing in the romantic atmosphere enveloping them.

It was 7 p.m. when the mini-showcase came to a final end and the crowd slowly dispersed in the streets. Jurina fell quietly into step next to Rena as they left the avenue and took the direction of the restaurant, thinking back to the wonderful concert they had just attended, before suddenly feeling Rena seizing her hand. “Are you happy?”

Jurina looked back at her in surprise, taken aback by the question, before smiling. “You already know the answer. Of course, I’m happy. I’m happy because tonight is a beautiful night. I’m happy because this weekend was perfect in every way possible. But mostly, I’m happy because we’re here together. I don’t think I could ever be happier.”

“Then I’m glad,” Rena whispered softly.

Slowly, they resumed their walk, Jurina soon distinguishing in the distance the French restaurant they had booked for dinner for their last evening in the capital. Unconsciously, Jurina slowed down her pace, realizing it was time to share with the other girl the important decision she had made. “I’ve been thinking a lot about what you said after the movies, and you were right.”

“Right about what?” Rena gently asked.

“About my mom. I cannot keep avoiding her and ignoring her messages,” Jurina said seriously. “A part of me will probably never forget what she did, but I want to believe that I’m capable of understanding and forgiveness. But I don’t want to have dinner with her alone. I want you to come with me. Would you accept?”

Rena’s lips parted in surprise. “Are you… are you sure?”

“I am,” Jurina replied confidently. “For so long, I refused to tell her about us. I was afraid that she wouldn’t understand and would look at me differently. I was afraid that she would reject you, and I knew my heart wouldn’t handle it if I had to choose between you and her. But when she confessed to me that she knew about our relationship, I realized that I had it wrong all this time. She always liked, respected and accepted you: I was just too blinded by my fears to see the truth.”

Jurina paused, gathering up her courage. “That’s why I don’t want to have to hide my feelings for you in front of her anymore. I want her to witness with her own eyes how important you are to me. So… will you come with me?”

Jurina knew that Rena caught the double-meaning and perfectly understood that she wouldn’t be introducing her as a simple friend. For a moment, she felt a little apprehensive, wondering if she maybe wasn’t asking too much of her, going too fast when they had barely reconciled and reconnected. She could almost see the gears turning within Rena’s head as the older girl remained silent, until a soft and loving curve touched Rena’s lips. “If that’s what you really desire, then yes, of course I will come with you.”

Jurina beamed with happiness and released a breath she didn’t realize she had been holding. Wordlessly, she slowly drew Rena towards her and wrapped her arms around her waist, whispering, promising once more her infinite affection, devotion and love for her. When the words were softly spoken in return, her heart gave a flutter and she gently tightened her hold around the girl she was proud to call her girlfriend, growing by every minute more excited about her future with Rena.

TO BE CONTINUED
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!
« Last Edit: January 01, 2019, 02:53:47 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Will return when Destiny is completed
- Back in Time | Will return when Destiny is completed
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline Kyuartz

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (39/40) [WMatsui] - 25/12/2018
« Reply #722 on: December 25, 2018, 05:46:55 PM »
Nice chapter as always  :on GJ: :on GJ:
They're just so sweet
It's finally time for J to introduce R to her mom properly
Can't wait to read the next chapter
but I'll also be sad cause it would be the last chapter
Anyway, good job author-san and I'll patiently wait for the next chapter

Offline Rhythm

• Member+
  • Just a silent reader passing by~
Re: Heartbeat (20/20) + Partners (23/23) + Destiny (39/40) [WMatsui] - 25/12/2018
« Reply #723 on: December 26, 2018, 02:41:17 AM »
Yes jurina will bring rena to her mom and then get married!  :deco: :deco:
oh and sophcaro san, i know that you a reaally faithful wmatsui shipper, but do you have another jurina ship?
thank you for the update btw  :cow:

Offline Bukiyou Taiyou

• Member+
« Reply #724 on: December 28, 2018, 02:36:50 PM »
Oh hi, Santa! Thank you for this wonderful Christmas gift. A new chapter on Christmas Day is lovely; it’s like we have more gifts to celebrate hehe…

I know it’s been years that WMatsui didn’t keep in touch –literally and figuratively– but in this chapter they did kiss a lot haha! I counted they at least kissed 10 or 11 times, and it doesn’t even include those lingering kisses. :shy1:

Quote from: Sophcaro
“In the morning or in the evening. With or without makeup. When you were all sweaty from dancing and exhausted after a long day of rehearsal with the group. Nevermind the day, the time, or the circumstances, you were still the most gorgeous girl in the room to me.”

Jurina once again proved that she’s a sweet talker. :onionwhip:

For a while, they quietly stayed into each other’s arms, simply enjoying each other’s warmth and presence. Jurina allowed herself to relax, refusing to move away from the comfortable position they had settled in.
I feel you, Jurina. I would do exactly the same.

The morning went very well to both Matsui, especially Jurina for some reason. No wonder if Jurina felt like she was on top of the world.   :glasses:

Anyway, the movie they watched together was Leap Year (2010), right? I got it when I learned it was about a sophisticated Boston girl and a gruff Irish bartender. I wonder why they watched it instead of…Home Alone haha! When it came to a Dreams Come True’s mini concert, trust me I also listen to their Winter Song to get the feel hehe… This song is indeed perfect for a snowy December.

I always love Christmas market, and your description of it was on point. From a small and cute rabbit hidden in the deep artificial snow to a red, heart-shaped sparkling lollipop on sale, I can imagine the ambience.

I’m glad that Rena and Churi could mend their relationship. And I think it’s about time that Jurina would do the same with her mother.

Jurina and Rena were truly a lovebird in this chapter.

…from the smiles they occasionally exchanged while they were engaged in a conversation, to the physical proximity highlighted by their casual handholding.
…from the hand that refused to let go of Rena’s, and too often played with her fingers. To the smile full of love and adoration she harbored each time her eyes landed on the older girl.

Way to go, girls!

Thank you for the update, Santa Sophcaro!

Ps. I have a good hunch about a French restaurant where they would have a dinner. I think they are embracing their “la vie en rose” moment now.

Offline Minami-chan

• Member+
  • Still Love You
« Reply #725 on: December 31, 2018, 12:06:19 AM »
It seems that this story is nearing the end.
It will be a real pity to read the final chapter after so many years following this story, this story has enchanted me.

Anyway, I'm glad that Jurina invited Rena to eat with Jurina's mother.
Jurina really must forgive her mother. I also think that the three should talk about what happened in the past.
they have to leave that chapter behind to look to the future.

Happy New Year!

Offline sophcaro

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Faithful WMatsui shipper
    • sophcaro
« Reply #726 on: December 31, 2018, 02:34:43 AM »
REPLIES TO COMMENTS

Nice chapter as always  :on GJ: :on GJ:
They're just so sweet
It's finally time for J to introduce R to her mom properly

Yes jurina will bring rena to her mom and then get married!  :deco: :deco:

Anyway, I'm glad that Jurina invited Rena to eat with Jurina's mother.
Jurina really must forgive her mother. I also think that the three should talk about what happened in the past.
they have to leave that chapter behind to look to the future.

Next chapter will be a time jump six months later, so we won't actually get to see this conversation between Jurina-Rena-Yumiko. Yet, I believe I left enough hints in this chapter to let readers know that Jurina will obviously reconcile with her mother, and the latter will accept Rena without any issue  :yep:

but I'll also be sad cause it would be the last chapter

It seems that this story is nearing the end.
It will be a real pity to read the final chapter after so many years following this story, this story has enchanted me.

It will also be strange for me to end it, trust me! After all, this trilogy has been 4 years of my life.

oh and sophcaro san, i know that you a reaally faithful wmatsui shipper, but do you have another jurina ship?

I guess I should have added "exclusive" behind faithful  :lol:
WMatsui is my only ship for Jurina.

I know it’s been years that WMatsui didn’t keep in touch –literally and figuratively– but in this chapter they did kiss a lot haha! I counted they at least kissed 10 or 11 times, and it doesn’t even include those lingering kisses. :shy1:

It's never too much  :P

Anyway, the movie they watched together was Leap Year (2010), right? I got it when I learned it was about a sophisticated Boston girl and a gruff Irish bartender. I wonder why they watched it instead of…Home Alone haha!

Yes, it was Leap Year!
I chose this movie because, not only I love it, it's also a good balance of romance and comedy, which is the mood I was looking for this chapter.

I’m glad that Rena and Churi could mend their relationship.

Considering how difficult their relationship has been throughout the trilogy, I believed it was essential to reconcile Rena and Churi before the end. To me, this scene between them is one of the most important passages of chapter 39.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2019, 01:30:01 AM by sophcaro »
My WMatsui fanfics:

HEARTBEAT trilogy
- Heartbeat | Completed
- Partners | Completed
- Destiny | Ongoing

OTHER FANFICS
- Warriors | Will return when Destiny is completed
- Back in Time | Will return when Destiny is completed
- One Shot collection: Her Sun | Completed
- Fire and Water | On hiatus

Offline ojuri 0513

« Reply #727 on: December 31, 2018, 05:13:58 AM »
Waah you should really released a book you know sophcaro san your fanfic are really amazing you know

Offline Crisl

« Reply #728 on: December 31, 2018, 02:37:13 PM »
Одна из лучших работ, которую я читала в последнее время. Спасибо огромное! Ждем финала

И с новым годом!

One of the best papers I've read lately. Thank you! Waiting for the final

And happy new year!

Offline facarous

Hello, Sophcaro!

Where should I start? There are many things for which I feel happy and excited!

We have this light initial scene where the mood is comical and simple. We have Jurina being playful, funny and cheesy and the only thing I can think about is how tender she's and that if I were Rena ... well, you know ... :inlove: :inlove:

I'm so happy to see they together in a light atmosphere, enjoying each other.

However, despite the quiet atmosphere, in this chapter you talked about very important things. First, the confirmation of the love between both of them thanks to that special ring, also that conversation between Churi and Rena, of course, is I'm not going to forget the problem between Jurina and her mother.

You did a great job organizing the anteroom for the final chapter! :bow:

Honestly, I'm very anxious for what will be the last chapter, but I can not help but feel some sadness because the trilogy is about to end.
It is thanks to this trilogy that I got to know you!

I do not know what happens in the final chapter, but if there's one thing I'm sure of, it's that you'll do an excellent job as always.

I love how you always seem to be attentive to what it's really important and not get carried away by banal issues. In this chapter, definitely the climax is the conversation between Churi and Rena, at least it is what I believe.

Thanks for your great work!!
See you again!
WMatsui forever!!!! :deco:

Offline Guacamoolee

• Member+
  • Silent reader
THANK YOU FOR THE BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER!!! I kept re-reading before I finally decided to write a comment.

I know it's A BIT late but, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!
I'm sorry for the late comment :sweatdrop: :sweatdrop:

There are so many part that I love in this chapter but my favourite is this part:

“Listen to me,” Rena cradled Jurina’s face between her palms, delicately wiping away her tears one after another. “I know I’m a clumsy, flawed 29-year-old girl who still sometimes has difficulty expressing how she feels. For so many years, I did not want to meddle with matters of the heart. It took me so long to accept that I needed you in my life more than I thought. To come to the realization that I had fallen in love with my flirty, sometimes childish, yet caring, faithful and passionate WCenter. This heart belongs to you,” Rena held Jurina’s hand inside hers and placed it against her beating heart. “It has never beaten for anyone else but you. And as long as you want me in your life, as long as your love for me stays intact, I vow to never, ever leave your side again.”

I swear I almost shed tears :tntrm:

I like the christmas market part, too!!! It makes me wanna go there and hopefully I meet them :lol:

Actually there's so much I want to say but I think it's better to save it for the last chapter :glasses:

Bravo, author-san!!! I love this chapter so muuuuch!!!
Thank you for your hardwork!
Cheers!!

P.s. As I remember, you still have one unfinished WMatsui fanfic, right? :grin:

JPHiP Radio (41/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Halcali - History