JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Love Machine

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 737261 times)

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
Re: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #1940 on: May 23, 2009, 02:28:25 AM »
WANT!

I've seen some pics of the ultimate forms from Decade (Decade is still WTF, while Kuuga's ultimate reeks of awesomeness)

Also: There's a rumor that the actor who played Otoya from Kiva will be in Decade as Dark Kiva.

I think we haven't seen the last of Mister Brown in Shnkenger. :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1941 on: May 23, 2009, 06:58:26 AM »
Got a couple Kamen Rider music DLs curtosey of a couple of guys over at HJU.

Firstly, the first OST for KR Decade, 320 kbps, ripped and uploaded by gustavaum and romanized filenames by a few other guys.
http://www.twitter.com/?d=6XAK0MJK

Secondly, with this year being the 10th anniversary of the Heisei riders, each of their OP theme songs of are getting remixed and released in a series of mini-albums. Each mini-album will contain the original version of the OP songs, as well as 2 remixes for each OP. One remix will contain the original vocals combined with instrumentals by RIDER CHIPS, and the second remix will be a completely new version done by Naruse Shuhei (who works for Avex and who's most recently known as the keyboardist for TETRA-FANG of KR Kiva).

This first mini-album contains the OP themes for Kuuga, Ryuki, and Kiva, and was ripped (again, 320 kbps) and shared by the awesome IgaDevil. :rockon:
http://www.twitter.com/?d=NTWR7J2G

Shikenger 14 SD & HD is out!!
ONAJI KU BROWN! RICHARD BROWN! MAIRU!

MAI-RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!

:on lol:

WANT!
http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/3219/1decardcam.jpg
Careful, you might find out that this isn't your world. :P

I've seen some pics of the ultimate forms from Decade (Decade is still WTF, while Kuuga's ultimate reeks of awesomeness)
Makes you wonder even more about Natsumi's dream, doesn't it? :yep:

Also: There's a rumor that the actor who played Otoya from Kiva will be in Decade as Dark Kiva.
I heard that one too. :D

And of course, Decade Ep.17 GIFs

Two versions of Diend's henshin in this ep. First one is the "regular" version, the second has the final section of frames cropped a bit so that it zooms in a bit on Diend himself. Only downside of the second one is that the cropping means that we don't see his "cards" floating up above his head.

Think he gets dizzy?

Remember how I previously said that I didn't like lots of grey and/or sky blue in the background because they cause the final product to look pixelated/grainy? Well, try a dark grey/low lit setting, add Tsukasa's hot-pink shirt and the glowy effects of the Zectors and yeah, even now I'm not satisfied with how this one turned out. The fact that Kabuto was the first KR series I watched and one of my faves made it even more of a fuckin', frustrating pain in the ass. I ended up making a greyscale version as that didn't look as messed up.

Not really satisfied with the Final AttackRide GIF either. Most of it is fine, but the first section (where Decade does the card thing) just goes too fast for my liking. Problem is, because of the number of frames I could have/wanted to keep (remember I always make my GIFs so that they don't exceed the HJU avatar filesize limit)  this was as much of a frame delay as I could have there before it started to look excessively choppy.

I really liked the photo at the end of this ep. I guess it's the whole family bond thing with Souji vowing to always protect Mayu-chan.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1942 on: May 23, 2009, 11:13:27 AM »
The latest Shikenger has some definite lulz.
And, all the Riders are gonna be in Decade's movie.
The main riders from the past shows, anyway.

Rumor that the guy who acts Kotaro (南 光太郎) in Black and Black RX will also guest in the movie.
It's making me all emotional~~ :oops:

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1943 on: May 25, 2009, 03:19:52 PM »
^ rumor?

Not anymore. :twothumbs

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1944 on: May 25, 2009, 09:10:08 PM »
^
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHH SNAP!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1945 on: May 29, 2009, 12:31:50 AM »
DECADE 18 SD & HD IS OUT!!
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1946 on: May 29, 2009, 04:24:14 AM »
^
Aside from Hibiki and Asumu...THE GANG'S BACK IN TOWN!!! :rockon:
And Zanki still has a knack for being nekkid.

Interesting twist they've put here in Hibiki's world. Somehow, in the original series you could sense that bit of friendly competition/rivalry between the Oni, now they've taken it and amped it up. :yep:

Awwwwwwwwww...Todo wubs Akira-chan! :wub:

Fuck, this eps got a LOT of GIF-able moments. It's going to take me a bit longer than usual to get them all done.  In the meantime, why don't ya'll grab the next gift from HJU member gustavaum:
Quote from: gustavaum @ HJU
I didn't see a topic for that single. If it have, gomen for the "double" post.

- AAA Den-O Form - Ii jan! Ii jan! Sugee jan! (MP3 320kbps With Scans)
- AAA Den-O Form - Ii jan! Ii jan! Sugee jan! (FLAC With Scans)

Now, the PV's:

- Climax Jump Sword Form
- Climax Jump Rod Form
- Climax Jump Axe Form
- Climax Jump Gun Form

PV's are ripped with x264 (crf 17 @ 720x400) @ mkv/flac.
Hope you all enjoy it :thumbsup
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 04:30:51 AM by JFC »

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1947 on: May 31, 2009, 01:04:26 AM »
SHIKENGER 15 ver2 SD & HD IS OUT!!

The kid playing Asumu in the latest Decade ep, I recognized where I've seen him before, it's in the Kansha pv by the group RSP.

DiEnde bringing Momo into the battle was definitely :lol: ... Momo and his usual craziness. :lol:
Also, Zanki-san!! :rockon:

Since Hibiki's world is the ninth and final world, I wonder what thats gonna mean for finding Tsukasa's world, and what that other guy has really been up to, going to each world and saying that Decade's the destroyer of worlds.

Hmm, so I guess Decade's still on track for only being 30 eps... unless its gonna go longer.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1948 on: May 31, 2009, 07:02:43 AM »
Okay, you can add forests with lots of greenery (or just lots of green in general) as backgrounds that I don't care for b/c they lead to pixely GIFs. :(

Decade Ep.18 GIFs

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1949 on: May 31, 2009, 08:02:15 AM »
That bit with Momo was suprisingly funny.
Sure wish they found his world earlier, so he could've been a regular (no need to find the actor = easier).

Ep 20 "The Nega World's Dark Riders" sounds interesting. Kurenai Otoya is back to kick some butt~ :rockon:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1950 on: May 31, 2009, 08:07:56 AM »
^
No spoilage, please.

The subbed eps aren't there yet.
Most of us don't watch raws.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1951 on: May 31, 2009, 09:38:57 AM »
It's just the trailer info from the official site. :lol:
not spoiling anything, cos it ain't on till a week later.  :oops: and I have no idea what'll happen.
heck, i don't watch raw so i haven't even seen ep19 yet. Why would I when T-N is doing such a good job subbing. :twothumbs

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1952 on: June 01, 2009, 02:08:18 AM »
So...the website HENSHIN-ATTITUDE.com (there are spoilers on their front page, you've been warned)has evidently scored themselves an interview with none other than...

SHINKENBROWN!

(aka actor John Kaminari). :thumbsup

Henshin-Attitude is a French-based website, so I've taken the liberty of copy/pasting only the English translation of the interview. If anyone here is better with French a direct link to the full interview is right here:
http://www.henshin-attitude.com/?p=4722
HENSHIN-ATTITUDE: INTERVIEW WITH JOHN KAMINARI
POSTED 2009.05.31

Henshin-Attitude : Hello Mister Kaminari, thank you for accepting the interview! Can you introduce yourself ?

John Kaminari : My actor’s name is John Kaminari (it’s not so different from my real name), I’m italian from Rome and I am 34 year old. I came to live here in Japan 4 year ago with my japanese wife because I had a dream to make it true : work in japanese in TV dramas.

H-A : What was your route up to now ?

J.K. : I’ve attended many auditions here in Japan, I’ve worked in many CM & TV dramas as extra or in little roles. I got my first big role 2 year ago in the movie “Sushi Ouji Goes to New York”, directed by Yuhihiko Tsutsumi, the same director of 20th Century Boys. I interpreted a funny mafia boss called Peperoncino. It was an action comedy with protagonist Kouichi Doumoto, a famous singer from the idol group Kinki Kids. Then I got two important roles in two TV dramas, Joey Saga in “Prisoner” (a bad guy) and Anthony Jackson in “Daisuki Itsutsugo” (my first job as a good man and my first dramatic role). Shinkenger director’s saw my interpretation in this last drama and chose me for the role of Richard Brown in Shinkenger. He knew I was a fan of japanese videogames, anime and manga and so he told me he was very happy to give me this role.

H-A : You interpret splendidly Richard Brown’s role in episode 14 of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, can you tell us about your character ?

J.K. : Thank you very much for the words. First of all, I think that actors can’t do a good joob if director and staff don’t believe in them. A movie becomes a good movie only when there is a team work between staff and cast, trusting each other is the most important thing. Anyway, when I read the script, it was clear to me what kind of character I had to play. A “gaijin” seen through japanese’s eyes, so not a real person, in the true meaning of the word, but a caricature of an american. I can speak Japanese with a good pronunciation, but for Richard I chose to use the typical american japanese accent to make the character more funny. Shinkenger 14th episode was 80% comedy, but also 20% drama. In the last part, when Richard encourages Shinkengers, I intentionally used a good pronunciation, because if the accent was strange, that dramatic scene would have become comical.

H-A : Were you inspired by anybody to interpret him ?

J.K. : I didn’t have anybody in mind. Richard Brown is a part of myself and, as I said before, a caricature af an american with many misunderstandings about japanese culture and language. I found very funny the scene in which Ryunosuke told Richard that he can’t teach him anything more, not because Richard had mastered the art of samurai, but because Richard wasn’t able to learn it. That misunderstading is the core of this episode and what made japanese laugh.

-

H-A : How was the casting audience, if there was one ?

J.K. : This was the first time I didn’t go to an audition to get the job. The director called my agency saying that he wanted to meet me. So I went to Toei Studio with my manager and director (Noboru Takemoto) asked me some questions about my previous jobs, my hobbies, my favourite animes and so on. Then he asked me to perform a scene from Shinkenger and, in less the 30 seconds, I took the part. I was so happy that you can’t even imagine. I loved tokusatsu since I was a child, and now I had the chance to become a part of that. It was really a fantastic experience !

H-A : You are a native of Italy, was the language a barrier or do you speak fluently Japanese ?

J.K. : No, I studied japanese in Italy for 5 years, then I started working in a videogames magazines company as writer. My job was to write japanese games preview articles and contact japanese makers everyday by phone and mails, so I had the opportunity to improve my japanese. Then I married with a japanese girl and came to live here. In Japan I started to study seriously japanese accent because for actors it’s very important to know the exact pronunciation of every single word.

H-A : Did you know Tokusatsu Series before playing in Shinkenger ? (If yes, what is (are) your favorite series ?)
J.K. : When I was a child I watched Ultraman and the old Kamen Rider, but I was too young to remember the story. I watched Power Rangers too, but I prefer japanese tokusatsu, I find them more interesting than american versions. Now I’m watching Kamen Rider Decade, it’s different from Shinkenger because its story is more serious, but characters and story are well done. I hope of getting a role also in Kamen Rider ! I’ll pray from tonight…

H-A : What was your relationship with the filming unit and the director ?

J.K. : Simply perfect. Staff and director were all very kind persons and even if shootings were hard (12 hours a day), I didn’t feel tired at all. Takemoto director, a veteran of tokusatsu genre, explained me, for every single cut, what he wanted from my character. There was also an action director who taught me actions and poses. I trained with him before the start of the shootings because it was the first time for me to play as a samurai and I didn’t know how to use a katana. With this job I have learnt many things and I hope of working again with the wonderful staff of Shinkenger.

H-A : Do you have crunchy anecdotes to tell us about the actors, the staff or the shooting itself ?

J.K. : For what concerns japanese actors, I found them all very kind. From the first moment they accepted me as a member of Shinkenger and my relationship with Aiba-san (Ryunosuke) was special also outside the set. Like me, Aiba-san loves videogames and we talked about RPGs like Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest during the pauses. I got surprised when Tori Matsuzaka (Takeru) told me that he knew me because he had seen me before in japanese TV shows.

H-A : What is your best memory ?

J.K. : Shootings were only 5 days. The last day I was a little sad because my job was about to finish. So I decided to do an english lesson to Shinkengers to make everyone happier. They really appreciated that lesson because, you know, japanese english pronunciation is not good and they enjoyed to practice it with Richard Brown. Yes, I taught english not as the real me, but as Richard Brown, with the same exaggerated way of speaking typical of Richard Brown. Studying english together and laughing together, with staff and cast, is actually my best memory of Shinkenger.

H-A : We especially see you developing a relation with the character played by Aiba Hiroki, how did it build itself ?

J.K. : Yes, I hope of developing the character of Richard Brown and his relationship with “oshishou”, splendidly played by Aiba Hiroki, not only a good actor, but also a very nice person. I don’t know what are Toei’s plans, but I’m sure a character like Richard Brown can make Shinkenger more funny. Too much “Richard Brown” would be risky, because Shinkenger would turn completely in a comedy. But, if I was the director, sometimes I would make him appear to make kids laugh.

H-A : What that makes being in the middle of stuntmen wearing spandex and to take the pose ? That must be rather special !

J.K. : Yes, in that moment, I was really proud of myself. I want to be frank with you, I have never imagined in my life I would have the chance to fight with japanese superheroes. That magical feeling… I won’t forget it forever !

H-A : We would like to find you in other Tokusatsu Series, would you enjoy to play in an episode (or many) of Kamen Rider for example ?

J.K. : Now, the first thing I’d like to do is to play again as Richard Brown in Shinkenger series. But I think it’s important for actors to try always new roles and so don’t repeat a character too much. Yes, I’d like to play in Kamer Rider, not only the TV series, but also the movie for the big screen. That doesn’t depend on me, I hope Toei staff will call me again for a new series.

H-A : Fans drew what could look like ShinkenBrown, what do you think of it ? (Links on H.A. Page)

J.K. : I think they are simply fantastic ! Could you please ask fans to draw Richard Brown without mask and with samurai costume ? I’d like to put them on my japanese blog. And ask them to think about Richard Brown’s special attack. He’s brown, so which element would be able to use ?!

H-A : Many fans outside of Japan would like to play in series like that, do you have advice to give to them to make them to succeed ?

J.K. : The most important thing to have in mind is “Never is impossible”. If you keep trying and fighting, you will be rewarded, that’s what I think. It’s not easy for foreign actors to succeed here in Japan, but I’ll keep fighting even if there are limits and difficulties. An advice for fans who want to play in a tokusatsu series ? To know japanese language is important, but more than that you have to be strong and never give up. Richard Brown taught me and everybody not to give up in our lives. “Akirameru na” is the first step to the the victory.

H-A : Thank you very much Mr. Kaminari to have dedicated to us a bit of your of time, we wish you a good continuation ! Let’s bushido !

J.K. : Thanks to you all and I hope your site would become the most famous one in the world. Let’s bushido !!

Also found on the Henshin-Attitude page was a link to John Kaminari's official blog. Search through the past couple of weeks, and there are some "behind the scenes" pics when he was on Shinkenger.
http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/john_kaminari
« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 02:11:17 AM by JFC »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1953 on: June 03, 2009, 03:54:07 AM »
TV-N'S DECADE 19 SD & HD IS OUT!!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1954 on: June 03, 2009, 04:05:31 AM »
That was fast!

Found this from a roda:

RiEnd w/ Momoko Ride Card  :lol:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1955 on: June 06, 2009, 05:30:12 AM »
DCD Ep.19 GIFs

Ouja hit a home run, I'd say. :P

Again, like with Kabuto sekai, made 2 versions of this henshin. One "regular", the other with a crop to have more of a close-up on Diend during the actual henshin. And LULZ at Kaitou doing Tsukasa's inspirational speech. :lol:

Final AttackRide, long version...big filesize for a GIF, and muthafookin' epic. :rockon:
« Last Edit: June 06, 2009, 05:45:28 AM by JFC »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1956 on: June 07, 2009, 02:43:24 AM »
SHINKENGER 16 SD/HD IS OUT!!!:rockon:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1957 on: June 07, 2009, 05:43:59 AM »
Hmm, there's a new addition coming in the next Shikenger ep.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #1958 on: June 07, 2009, 02:54:35 PM »
Go-Onger vs. Gekiranger DVD out on TV-N! :rockon:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1959 on: June 08, 2009, 03:59:56 AM »
^
They've also just released the Taros' PV versions of "Climax Jump"!   XD

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Love Machine