JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Grapevine - (All the Young) Yellow

Author Topic: Official Toku thread (kamen rider/sentai)  (Read 742181 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Nobody watches Toku? (kamen rider/sentai)
« Reply #660 on: March 04, 2007, 07:38:41 AM »
Ok, finally got to watch the 1st 2 Gekiranger eps this morning. A few thoughts (as usual, whited out for spoilers in case anyone has not seen these eps yet).

[bgcolor=#ffffff]Jan is fuckin' loud. I mean, he yells like everyone around him is deaf.  Mind you, it's kind of amusing seeing his child-like fascination with everything..."SUGEEE~!!!", but after a while it's going to get tired if they keep it up like this. Especially the way he goes "NEKO! NEKO!" whenever he sees Master Shafu. He's like Cole from Wild Force, only he's more of the "hyperactive child" version.

One thing I hope that gets phased out, or at least reduced, is how often he uses his "kiddie-slang" words like "nekineki" and "wakiwaki".  I mean, sure the show is targeted at young kids, but yeah, it's going to get tired/annoying after a while.

- I thought it was cool how they had the spectral projections of the GekiBeasts (is that what they're called?).  The whole "Triangle" thing in Ep 2 was pretty clever, once they figured it out. :SMILE:

- The little "Beast Arts Academy" bits at the end of the eps are a nice touch. They remind me of the ones that they have at the end of the Ryukendo eps. The way they explained that the GekiChangers could access stuff via a dimensional shift was a nice touch.  It makes so we don't have to go "How the fuck did they get those?"  The weapons themselves are pretty cool too. I especially liked how the GekiTonfa could be combined to make a staff weapon.

I LOL'ed at the Academy thing in Ep 2 (the ramen), and the way Miki-san (AND HOLY FUCK HER NAME IS MIKI!!! :WOOT: ) said "Itadakimaaaaaaaasu!" . :LOL: I'm watching it and I'm thinking, "FUCK that would be so handy!" Got the munchies? Strap on the ol' GekiChanger and *POOF*! One bowl of ramen coming up! :THUMBS-UP:

- Speaking of Miki-san...major MILF material. PLUS, she has her own style of Jyuken (Leopard form, shown in Ep 1).  
: DROOL:

- Shafu...I dunno. What's up with sentai these days and having giant talking animal characters, especially ones with power and/or authority? In Hurricanger Sensei was a hamster, Deka had Kruger, Magi had Smoky (who was also a cat).

- Mele...she's fuckin hot in that dress. That tongue of hers with her Chameleon style Jyuken...ohhhhh man. :JERK:

- Rio DOES look like he should be in a Vis-Kei band! :LOL:  Can't wait to see him fight.

- The giant GekiTouja is pretty stylish, but his body looks a little bulky to me. Granted, it's still early and it'll probably grow on me. I liked the way that the three of them "piloted" him. Unlike most sentai, who literally pilot/drive their mechas/robos, GekiTouja is more of an extension of the GekiRangers themselves. I just wish they made the Cheetah and Panther his arms instead of his legs. GekiTouja's weapon was cool too. I was really impressed by how the suit actor was able to handle the split-staff. :BUTTROCK: His spinning claw attack was nicely thought out too, it definitely fits in with the whole "cat's claws" thing that they're doing.

Oh, and they toally overused the "cracking knuckles" sound effect during the gattai sequence IMO.

- Who's bright idea was it to have a fly doing fuckin' commentary during the battle sequence? :sly: It doesn't help the fact that his head and snout are shaped like a microphone. In any case...there was one moment involving the fly that I liked (click on the period that ends this sentence to see it).  =P

New PWNED pic FTW(click on the period that ends this sentence to see it).[/bgcolor]

Speaking of ramen...feel the need for a little extra protein in it? Then just grab a bag of Kamen Rider Kabuto-brand weiners!!! :lol:

Pic curtosey of Bueno @ HJU.

Also, the following video may not be safe for all viewers. Be warned that it contains footage that can be considered by some to be..."insanely retarded". You have been warned.

[youtube=425,350]Qh-S_23mo_0[/youtube]  
Welcome...to the WTF Zone. :P
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:43:05 PM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #661 on: March 04, 2007, 07:43:58 AM »
Just got my Den-O belt today. Will have pictures up soOn like I said :ONbingo:
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #662 on: March 04, 2007, 10:04:47 AM »
Ok here is one picture for now :ONcool1:

Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #663 on: March 04, 2007, 08:50:57 PM »
^ Damn that's sweet. Reminds me of Ryoutarou when he's possessed by Urataros. :lol:  

Wish I could afford to get shit like that.

/me is jealous. :(

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #664 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:29 PM »
Quote from: JFC;322120
^ Damn that's sweet. Reminds me of Ryoutarou when he's possessed by Urataros. :lol:  

Wish I could afford to get shit like that.

/me is jealous. :(

Oh man...I feel bad. hopefully if I can find one I'll get it for you for a gift :ONbingo: :ONwriggly:

Offline s_leonhart

• Member+
« Reply #665 on: March 05, 2007, 12:09:30 PM »
Quote from: Dj-B13;321831
Ok here is one picture for now :ONcool1:

looks hot! i mean the belt :P

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #666 on: March 06, 2007, 09:48:21 PM »
Den-O ep6 is out!!
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #667 on: March 07, 2007, 01:40:12 AM »
Thanks for the heads-up! :thumbsup

Offline seal

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #668 on: March 07, 2007, 02:20:51 AM »
Quote from: L-san;323597
Den-O ep6 is out!!
whaaaaa, eps 6?? im even havent watch ep 4.... must catch up

i am working @microsoft right now and will be a little busy for the next 3 month........
sorry for my broken english, i'm really not good in english.

JP H!P Toku Fans Come Here

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #669 on: March 07, 2007, 02:56:30 AM »
Den-O ep6 had me :lmao:

Momotarou RAWKS!!!
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Dj-B13

• Member+
« Reply #670 on: March 07, 2007, 04:01:54 AM »
I'm loving this series....ALOT now~!!!:ONcool1:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #671 on: March 08, 2007, 12:02:31 AM »
Gekiranger ep3 is out.
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #672 on: March 13, 2007, 05:27:21 PM »
I don't think that those were already posted, so here are two clips from UPtoBoy for those who miss the cute Bouken Yellow, Nakamura Chise.

GETS! : Nakamura Chise - UPtoBoy vol178

GETS! :

GETS! : Nakamura Chise - UPtoBoy vol178

GETS! :

:)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #673 on: March 14, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »
^ Sweetness indeed! :w00t: Thanks Happ!

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #674 on: March 14, 2007, 03:15:23 PM »
DEN-O 7 is out

Just a question guys, but is KR Blade a good series too? Faiz will end here on weekend and they say that Blade will take its place. I saw some Blade clips on YouTube and it seems that they use cards like Ryuki :P

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Happosai

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #675 on: March 14, 2007, 03:23:18 PM »
Quote from: wordsworth;329113
DEN-O 7 is out

WOOOT! XD

IMO, Blade as some good points, like the cards tricks which are pretty cool, and the fights and story line aren't that bad, but...

The one thing that totally gets on my nerves while watching the serie is that the trick they used to emphasis the dramatic scenes was to yell most of the dialog lines at the top of their lungs... WTF ??? :doh:  LAME! :rolleyes:

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #676 on: March 15, 2007, 06:13:09 AM »
DEN-O 7 is out
So is Gekiranger 4!!! :yay:

Just a question guys, but is KR Blade a good series too? Faiz will end here on weekend and they say that Blade will take its place. I saw some Blade clips on YouTube and it seems that they use cards like Ryuki :P
Blade is regarded by many as being one of the best, if not the best of the 3rd Gen/New Gen KR shows.  While both Blade and Ryuki both had cards as a theme, in Blade it's actual "playing cards" whereas with Ryuki the riders only had cards to transform and to perform their hissatsu attacks. Blade takes and uses the "card" theme a bit more in-depth, IMO.  

Without trying to give away too much, the individual character arcs/stories in Blade are REALLY well written, I personally really like the angle that they gave Hajime/Chalice.  Tachibana/Garren had a great arc right from the start, though it only lasted the first few episodes. For the rest of the series his presence is still kept prominent, but individually that initial arc they gave him was the best. Kenzaki/Blade really is the quintessential hero. He fights not for ego or glory or riches; he does it for the right reasons, for the only reasons why one SHOULD be fighting in the first place.  As a character you really see him grow both in maturity and in his skill.  Mutsuki/Leangle was a bit of a disappointment  IMO. Like Garren they started off giving him a great spin, but as the series went on he kind of faded into the background, only really gaining prominence again here and there. To me, he's sort of like Mihara/Delta from KR 555, an underused character.

Biggest thing to look out for/look forward too is the actual ENDING of the story (the final 2-3 eps or so). It just blows your mind in the severity and scope of it all. It's one of those "DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'VE DONE?!?!?!" type of things. :)

Oh, and another thing to look forward too (particularly to listen for) in the first episode is...

[youtube=425,350]6EmgyZokYCM[/youtube] :ONwahaha:

Anyways, DL'ed both Den-O 7 and Gekiranger 4 today...AND I watched them. As always, comments are whited out for spoilers. Do NOT highlight unless you've already seen said episodes. :)

Den-O 7
[bgcolor=#ffffff]- In case anyone didn't notice, watch the ending of the opening sequence at the start of the show. Dancing Momotaros is now joined by dancing Urataros!!! :LOLZ:

- Momo VS Ura fight on the Denliner was hilarious, considering they were fighting right in front of the DenOwner and those other passengers (who are probably actors and/or some other celebrities making some cameos). Once the DenOwner shows the "Denial of Passage" card they're all buddy-buddy and swinging back and forth (along with Naomi who has to do it too). Major :LOLZ:

- Said it before and I'll say it again, Urataros is a PLAYAH!!! =D

- WTF is up with the jealous BF? That dude has serious issues. I mean, sure seeing another guy exit your GF's apartment would be troubling, but SHEESH! Try switching to decaf maybe.  :EYEROLL:

- Speaking of the GF, WTF was her wish? Obviously it has something to do with that movement from Vivaldi's Four Seasons, but what exactly is it? Something tells me the BF did something stupid.

- Goddayum Ryou's Nee-san is beeyootiful. :BIGDREAMYEYES:[/bgcolor]

Gekiranger 4

[bgcolor=#ffffff]- The Five Venom Fists are hella sweet! And they pose better than the Gekirangers do! :LULZ:

- The figure skating lady's cute. =)  I'm mightily impressed that the suit actor for Shafu was able to skate so well considering the costume.

- Rio finally joins in the fight. His intro is a little too long-winded for my liking, but then again he IS the villain =P.  WTF he was a student of Master Shafu??? O_O

- Mele...still fuckin' hot.

- Jan's still annoying, but he's showing that he has a lot of untapped, natural potential in Geki JyuKen.

- GekiTouja doing the Kaleido Spiral Jump was pretty sweet, but I couldn't help but chuckle at the way they went "GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI GEKI!" as they did it.

- Holy fuck we actually saw Shafu's eyes!

- RoboTuff Neko Mode = Stupid, and yet funny. =D [/bgcolor]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:47:01 PM by JFC »

Offline seal

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #677 on: March 17, 2007, 06:07:49 AM »
it's been a while since my last visit....

gotta download denO7 and geki 4
but still havent finished nouken 46,47,48 :(:(:(:(
sorry for my broken english, i'm really not good in english.

JP H!P Toku Fans Come Here

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #678 on: March 19, 2007, 05:32:02 AM »
Den-O DenGassher Weapon Demo

WARNING!!! THIS VIDEO CONTAINS DEMOS/SPOILERS OF HOW THE WEAPON WILL ACT/BE ASSEMBLED FOR FUTURE FORMS THAT DEN-O WILL HAVE IN THIS SERIES. DO NOT WATCH THIS IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO BE SPOILED!!!

[youtube=425,350]kCaCjR_h0sY[/youtube]
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 05:47:45 PM by JFC »

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #679 on: March 19, 2007, 08:44:27 AM »
WTF?!!!
DEN-O EPISODE 8 IS OUT NOW!!!
:ONwahaha: :ONwahaha: :ONwahaha: :ONwahaha:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Grapevine - (All the Young) Yellow