JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Natsumen - Newsummerboy

Author Topic: (Band) Dir en Grey  (Read 20098 times)

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
The marrow of a bone and your discussion!
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 03:53:32 PM »
I bought The Marrow of a Bone, too.... in the limited version and was shocked, how emotional Kyo can sing on the first track of the bonus CD.... it was awesome..... and i think he can sing as emotional and good as on the old records.

But Dir en Grey goes on, and on and that's good. No one wants to hear the same sound on every Album. :yawn:
It's just the right way to create a new sound. They changed, that's correct but the discussion, if it's better, worse or the same as the older albums, is just boring. :hammerself:
 I like it... i like every album... a band has to change and has to like the music they make.... a band which thinks the songs they make are terrible won't make good music....

Dir en Grey has emotions, I think, in their music, which they want to share and show them to other people....

"Like it or not! but let us make our own music" would everyone of them say..... and i agree with it

another thing:
Quote from: BradVickers;310991

The only thing I miss about the older stuff is that Shinya's drumming isn't as creative as it once was. It's mostly just super fast stuff, which I like, but I would love to see more of his creative side.

I think you're right.... on the old albums he was very creative but in the new songs he has to play super fast because it's the only rythm which fits in the rest of the songs (example: Agitated screams)...... I think they should give Shinya a chance to show what he has got.... ;)
I think Toshiya has to get the same chance!

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • I shit my pants on a regular basis
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2007, 07:42:56 PM »
Quote from: robber;312314
.... in the limited version and was shocked, how emotional Kyo can sing on the first track of the bonus CD.... it was awesome.....

Totally agree with that one, although I don't like the new album I really do love the first track.

As for the second disc; I think it's pretty damn good, again the first track was by far the best. I was impressed I have to say....still not keen on the album as a whole though.

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2007, 03:37:39 AM »
See? told ya you'd like it.

Baba Booey

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2007, 05:55:12 AM »
But even Shinya himself has said that his drumming isn't as complex as it used to be, and that he kind of misses it. lol The only thing I've noticed that's changed about him drumming is that now he moves around a bit more than he used too. He'd sit still and was so stiff before.

And any of the fast paced drumming that you hear now seems remnant of that really fast playing he does in Schwein no Isu (around 1:40).

Anywho, I love Dir en grey. Because they were my first J-Music Artists ever (after SweetS) and etc etc. They're latest stuff has been killing me though. I liked parts of WTD, and pretty much anything that has come after it made me want to rip my hair out. I like all of their old stuff, with Kisou being my favorite album, and yeah. [/intro stuff]

Offline donkeykong83

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #24 on: February 20, 2007, 06:38:17 AM »
I've heard some of their older songs and liked a few. But most of the stuffs after Vulgar seems to be blah to me. They're a talented band yeah but sticking to the same formula with hardly any variety in between for the past three albums isn't what I'd call creative.
I believe most people are probably tired of this trash and want to hear something else. Hey...I want another "Yokan".

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2007, 11:46:24 AM »
That's a oretty valid point actually, considering most people say that they constantly change their style; for the past three albums this hasn't been true. I'd say Vulgar was a little different from the previous two but it wasn't a mjor leap to WTD. Whereas if you look at the difference between Gauze and Kisou it really is massive.

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2007, 04:07:18 PM »
yeah.... gauze an kisou are a very big jump... but if you look at vulgar --> WTD --> marrow of a bone ... it seems like a evolution... its not that fast... every album has some songs on it that sound like some on the next record.
!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2007, 04:16:39 PM by robber »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2007, 03:27:05 AM »
I finally gave that extra cd a listen. The first track is awesome. The others were pretty nice, but I sorta got bored by the time it got to the 3rd track. I honestly think Kyo has one of the best voices in j-rock. I don't mind screaming and stuff, but I think it's such a waste for him to not sing as often.

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2007, 03:53:33 AM »
Agreed with that entirely really. The secondtwo songs onthe extra CD are still bordering on very good, but the first track is absoloutely brilliant. Just a shame that when I tried listening to the original version I still wasn't keen. Same with Kyo's voice too, he has a great voice but it does seem like he just isn't fulfilling his potential with his current style.

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2007, 06:32:55 PM »
yeah.... i didn't think he could do double bass or I thought he can but never thought he uses it..... i listenend through the marrow of a bone and heard a little bit more intensive at the drumming and i have to say: it's okay....not very experimental but  I thought when I listenend the first time to tMoaB it was worse than on the old records...

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #30 on: March 06, 2007, 07:45:55 PM »
Cookie!
Get ready... They're coming to the UK!
02.08.07 Carling Academy London England

Baba Booey

Offline Cookie

• Milk & Cookies
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Risa <3
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 08:30:15 PM »
Did anyone watch their interview on Fuse ( Steven's Untitled Rock Show)? While browsing through some channels I catched this interview. Only Toshi and Kaoru were there.

Boy, they looked so bored. As if they didn't care..but that's just me.

Avatar thanks to genericpaperdoll

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 09:58:43 PM »
Yeah, They're horrible during interviews... Someone needs to tell them to cheer up. I liked when Steve told them to send over all their old videos and they just sorta laughed. Don't want new fans to see what they used to look like, haha.

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #33 on: March 06, 2007, 11:37:48 PM »
Viskei playing on fuse would be fucking hilarious

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #34 on: March 08, 2007, 09:36:00 PM »
i watched it a few seconds ago....yeah i think they were pretty bored. but i think they made so many interviews in their career, and don't care if it's in america or in Japan

Offline BradVickers

• Caffeine Bomb
  • ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2007, 05:41:59 PM »
!!! I'm in the new Dir en grey dvd!!! lol, it lasts for like a millisecond, but it's fuckin' awesome!
Circled for your pleasure...

Baba Booey

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #36 on: March 16, 2007, 03:30:13 AM »
:lol: nice

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2007, 10:58:20 PM »
O.o you're a lucky guy!!! *standing ovation* ;) :yay:

Offline redux

• ecchi
  • Member+
(Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2007, 02:14:07 AM »
Good job sir! UK? Time to get my tickets booked...well when they become available anyway.

Offline robber

• the Who?
  • Member+
Re: (Band) Dir en Grey
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2007, 01:12:22 PM »
 O0 wanna go to wacken open air to see them^^ ;) will be great!!^^

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Natsumen - Newsummerboy