JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream

Author Topic: Official Racing Thread  (Read 139010 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Re: Official Racing Thread
« Reply #601 on: June 19, 2008, 01:37:24 AM »
^
I'm still surprised that Herta left to go do the LeMans series and that Franchitti left to do NASCAR, considering how well they had been doing (particularly) over the last couple of seasons. TK's blowups at Marco (at least, IMO) were rather justified, given the incidents in question and Marco's inexperience. Sure he might be racing for his father's team, but that doesn't/shouldn't mean that he has a guaranteed ride. Marco has to work just has hard, if not harder (considering the circumstances) to be a good, SMART racecar driver.  TK should still be the "go to" guy for AGR, IMO. He's the only one there with a proven, winning track record.

EDIT:
Le Mans wasn't really interesting this year.. Peugot did pretty good, i think they'll be able to beat Audi eventually.
Yeah, close but no cigar for Jacques Villeneuve, who was trying to become one of the few drivers to get a "triple crown" (i.e. winning an F1 championship, the Indy 500, and the 24-Hr LeMans). He would have only been the 3rd driver to do so, I hear.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2008, 01:42:08 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #602 on: June 19, 2008, 04:14:22 AM »
Second man dies after being hit by truck outside NHRA race in Kansas

MUSKOGEE, Okla. -- A Muskogee man who was struck by a pickup truck outside an NHRA race in Kansas has died.

Kristi Pankratz, a spokeswoman for the Topeka, Kan., police, confirmed Tuesday that James C. "J.J." Jenkins, 52, was the second person to die from injuries sustained when a truck hit several pedestrians who were walking back to their car following the NHRA Summer Nationals in Topeka on June 1.

Jenkins' wife, Joy, told the Muskogee Phoenix her husband suffered a major brain stem stroke Saturday and died at the University of Kansas Medical Center in Kansas City, Kan.

Judy Brewster, 55, of Muskogee, died at a Kansas hospital shortly after the accident.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #605 on: June 20, 2008, 03:36:46 AM »
^
Yeah, Toro Rosso's still a fairly inexperienced team compared to the likes of Ferarri, McLaren, Renault and Williams. Combine that with the fact that Bourdais is still a rookie on the F1 circuit, and yeah, expecting a win is a bit much.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #610 on: June 23, 2008, 07:37:06 AM »
^
That's a classy move by Wheldon. :thumbsup

Fuck, I totally forgot about the French GP today. :o
That fee increase is completely outrageous. An increase that large should never have been made without at least waiting for a chance to directly discuss it with the GPDA.

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #613 on: June 25, 2008, 07:31:56 PM »
Kovalainen's penalty for blocking Webber sure is a bit questionable, especially because Webber made it to the next round anyway.

However, Hamilton's penalty for cutting a chicane was a right decision imo. Before the race, stewards had already pointed out that cutting the corner would cause penalty.
coot is ctz

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #614 on: June 25, 2008, 09:23:45 PM »
However, Hamilton's penalty for cutting a chicane was a right decision imo.

Also, that was a pass he could not have made without leaving the course!

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Tommy Heavenly6 - I`m Gonna Scream