JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Dear Friends

Author Topic: The Lost Thread (ABC) - Season 6 Discussion  (Read 54921 times)

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
Re: The Lost Thread (ABC) - Season 5 Discussion
« Reply #260 on: May 15, 2009, 02:51:57 PM »
A great series ending, but now we've gotta wait 8 months for the next season. :bleed eyes:
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #261 on: May 16, 2009, 07:11:32 AM »
i really didn't like the season finale that much.  they finally show who jacob is and kill him in the same episode.  i know they'll probably show more jacob flashbacks to show his importance, but i care more about the main characters.  we already knew "locke" was planning on killing jacob.  we also already knew they were planning to detonate the bomb.  i wish they would've shown at least a glimpse of what happened after the bomb.  i felt like the previous season finales gave us more to look forward to.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #262 on: May 16, 2009, 11:05:18 AM »
literally going out with a blast. :lol:

Now that they're over the reset the world or and let everyone die, what can they think up for a finale. :roll:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #263 on: May 16, 2009, 12:08:05 PM »
GAh! The finale!!

I felt so sad for Juliet T_T Most of her time on the island is misery, then she has to say goodbye to her love and fall all that way, and then she doesn't even die fast but wakes up in horrible pain, and then in desperation starts banging the bomb. She had two opportunities to leave the island and both times she stayed for other people. So unselfish and strong and, ack TT___TT She was one of my fav characters

Also, I teared up a little when Sun found Charlie's ring in Aaron's crib. It was so sad when it seemed like nobody would find it, so to get a bit of a closure was awesome.
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #264 on: May 16, 2009, 03:22:39 PM »
Anyone want to make a guess at what happens next?

Theory 1 : The timeline is reset so the plane never crashes but lands as it was supposed to.  To keep it interesting the twist would be that the Lostees would all have full memory of eveything that happened.

Theory 2 : Everyone that Jacob touched (when he visited them at various times) are saved from the bomb and will all move forwards in time to the present day.  That's what he meant when he said "They're coming."

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #265 on: May 16, 2009, 06:59:41 PM »
Theory 2 : Everyone that Jacob touched (when he visited them at various times) are saved from the bomb and will all move forwards in time to the present day.  That's what he meant when he said "They're coming."
But, but, but, MILES!!!  :cry: What's gonna happen to him!!

I hate it when Lost introduces new LIKEABLE characters and then kills them off. Like srsly I'd rather see Jack die than Miles, JFOAIFWOEIJ but that's never going to happen because Jack is Jack. :thumbdown:

Not that Miles is necessarily going to be dying, but looking at other "n00b" fates, he is. Eko, Ana-Lucia, Libby are all dead; Charlotte and Faraday are dead; Juliet is dead (most likely - I heard that the actress has a starring role in some new show so it's likely she's not coming back). Desmond, Ben, Miles and Frank are the only newer 'main cast' people left, Frank's role is really small and I'm not sure we'll see Des again. idk, idk

---
Actually, when Jacob said "They're coming" I thought he was just referring to Alana and the others at the beach, that they were going to come and see wtf 'Locke' was up to. But when I've read other comments, everyone's said that they think it means those who were stuck in the past. :lol: I guess my way of thinking is too simple.

But anyways, as usual I'm just going to sit back and wait and see what happens... I'm not good at coming up with theories.

I just bought season 4 on DVD so I'll be able to spend some time watching extras. :lol:

Offline almond

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • オ~マイガ~!たかみな大好き!
    • alm0nd
    • ganbanuttah
« Reply #266 on: May 17, 2009, 03:42:37 PM »
I felt Miles was really underused. With his talk-to-the-dead skills, they really could have done so much more - the skeletons in the Black Rock come to mind.

I thought the introduction of Jacob was interesting... I'm not sold on him as the Good Guy quite yet. The whole "White shirt nice man is good and Black shirt wanna-kill man is evil" is a bit too simplistic.
Although, after so many twists in the plot, a non-twist would be the most surprising of all.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #267 on: May 17, 2009, 10:58:30 PM »
NOOOOO!! :omg:

You can't end like that! Give us a glimpse at least! More than ever, the wait's gonna kill me :(

So I think it's safe to suspect that with that 'They're coming' comment, there's a few Losties like Jack, Kate, Sawyer, Jin/Sun and Hurley will be in the present timeline. But what about Sayid? If we're going on the basis that those Losties are coming back because Jacob gave them something (Jack the chocolate bar, Kate the lunchbox, Sawyer the pen etc) how does Sayid fit, if at all, seeing as Jacob only asked him for directions?

Also I was wondering why Desmond hasn't been seen recently, and I think I figured it out. No, it's not to do with time travel or anything like that. But the actual actor has been sued for sexual assault  :shocked:

http://news-briefs.ew.com/2009/04/henry-ian-cusic.html

/waits for Shi to say 'He can molest me any time of day!' comment XD
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:06:09 AM by Tuffty »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #268 on: May 18, 2009, 03:27:57 AM »
how does Sayid fit, if at all, seeing as Jacob only asked him for directions?

If giving them something is relevant (I assumed it was just because he touched each person) then he gave Sayid his life.  If he hadn't asked him for directions he'd have been hit by the car like the girl was.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #269 on: May 18, 2009, 09:23:39 AM »
I think that giving them things was just an excuse for him to touch them. D:
Did he give something to Sun and Jin?

But I dunno how they could save Sayid from his injuries, unless the flash also heals them.

I wouldn't let Des molest me, but I'd accept a hug :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #270 on: May 18, 2009, 08:16:10 PM »

If giving them something is relevant (I assumed it was just because he touched each person) then he gave Sayid his life.  If he hadn't asked him for directions he'd have been hit by the car like the girl was.

I thought it was because he touched them too but if I remember, there was no direct contact between Jack and Jacob, they both just held one end of the chocolate bar. And no direct contact with Sayid either.

Did he give something to Sun and Jin?

His blessings.

Oh, and Miles better not be dead!!

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #271 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:39 PM »

I thought it was because he touched them too but if I remember, there was no direct contact between Jack and Jacob, they both just held one end of the chocolate bar. And no direct contact with Sayid either.
Actually I rewatched these bits :D , Jacob and Jack's fingers touch when he gives him the choco bar. And Jacob touches Sayid's shoulder after the car has hit his wife. Some of his touches are very very subtle, but they're there!

Offline Za_Wolf

• INFP
  • Member+
« Reply #272 on: May 22, 2009, 12:08:29 PM »
Locke was (is?) my favorite character.  For the first two seasons Locke was the Zen Master of the Island, almost seemed like he was really destined to be there.. it seemed like he was ment to Rule, to change things.. then dude gets punked big time making him look like a lil priss and the almighty know-it-all Jack gets praised and looks like a Hero, I was sad.

But, this season showed the ressurection of the Zen Master, talking as if he was the island himself!  Man I was happy.. until they showed the body.. I was like, "Man dude really did go out like a bitch"  -_-;.  A part of me is still hoping that that "Locke" is the real Locke somehow mixed with Jacob's "enemy".

Couple things I thought about while rewatching the final ep:
The bomb was always ment to go off, I think this is what destroyed the statue.
Why was Jacob secluded to the Statue's "shadow"?
Seems to me that Jacob and his enemy have a close relationship, not really enemies but not really friends either.
What if the Losties were in that ship? LoL that would be awesome.
Besides God Locke, Faraday and Miles were my favorite characters, both had SO MUCH potential.
Juliet's the Queen of the Island, I cant stand Kate.

Cant wait till 2010.
Stand tall and shake the heavens.

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #273 on: May 23, 2009, 03:56:19 AM »
pretty shure the ship was the black rock. Locke was also my favorite. "DON'T TELL ME WHAT I CAN'T DO!!"
Jacob and his brother? Am soo looking forward to the last season to see where it goes.
Life is one time.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #274 on: July 26, 2009, 01:31:55 PM »
Some highlights from the Lost panel at Comic-Con:

11.16am: Darlton say they have the final scene of Lost written down and with them. Carlton pulls his page from his sock. They put the pages in a locked box and send it off to an undisclosed location. Damon says that on the night of the finale, they will go on Jimmy Kimmel Live and read the script, to prove they're not making things up as they go along.

11.32am: Next question comes from Jorge Garcia (Hurley). He says that he hopes that the Losties haven't succeeded in changing events of the past because that would mean the last five seasons have been pointless. "Trust us," say Darlton. Jorge replies: "Yeah but the last time I trusted you guys, you said Nikki and Paolo were going to be awesome!"

11.34am: Michael Emerson (Linus) appears next to Jorge and starts mocking him and his acting abilities. "Yall wanna know the real reason Michael's upset?" Jorge asks the audience. "Michael here originally wanted to play Hurley, but the part was already cast."

11.36am: Michael retorts: "I think that everyone understands that I was originally cast in a guest spot but then became a series regular. A part that was written especially for me."

11.37am: A video of Michael Emerson auditioning for the part of Hurley is shown. He's dressed in an oversized black T-shirt and wearing a black bandana. Much amusement as he recreates some classic Hurley scenes.

11.52am: Damon says there is one more special guest then a film rolls. It's clips of Sawyer (Josh Holloway)! Much whooping from the audience.

11.53am: Josh joins the gang on stage. Darlton ask if there are any questions, and Josh pipes up. He then tazers Damon, before taking the key to the locked box from around his neck.

11.54am: Josh then coerces Carlton into unlocking the box. He then takes the script. "Alright yall, finally," he tells the audience then pauses.

11.55am: "Oh my god, you don't know how to read, do you?" asks Michael then takes the script from Josh, who protests: "I left my glasses on the island!"

11.56am: Michael reads a scene between Sylar and Parkman at a collapsed circus tent. "What the fuck is this?!?" says Michael. Much laughter.

**SLIGHTLY SPOILERIFIC**

[bgcolor=#000000]11.40am: A guy asks about the fate of Juliet. Damon says: "Elizabeth Mitchell will be in Lost in the final season."[/bgcolor]

[bgcolor=#000000]11.23am: A woman now who says she is a Faraday fangirl and wonders if he'll be happily married with kids next season. "Faraday is kinda dead, so if you like zombie weddings, then maybe," says Carlton. He then confirms: "Faraday will be on the show though, yes."[/bgcolor]

[bgcolor=#000000]11.58am: Clip reel of the fallen Losties. In order: Gary Troup, Captain Seth Norris, Dr. Leslie Atrz, Neil "Frogurt", Roger Linus, Tom Friendly, Ethan Rom, Ana Lucia Cortez, Elizabeth "Libby" Smith, Nikki & Paolo, Karl Martin, Danielle Rousseau, Alex Rousseau, Shannon Rutherford, Boone Carlyle, Charlotte Lewis, Mr. Eko, Michael Dawson, Daniel Faraday, Charlie Pace.

12.01pm: Very extended clips of Charlie's time on Lost. Applause and cheering. It ends with the caption: "You are Lost, but not forgotten."

12.03pm: Clip ends, Dominic appears on stage to hysterical cheering. "That's all folks," say Darlton and it's a wrap. What do you think this means? Is Charlie coming back to Lost?
[/bgcolor]

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/tv/a167283/live-lost-panel-at-comic-con.html
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 04:02:27 PM by Tuffty »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #275 on: July 26, 2009, 02:05:16 PM »
Thanks for all this, Tuffty ^3^ Wish I could've been there

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #276 on: February 01, 2010, 04:22:43 AM »
LOST FINAL SEASON! 2 DAYS!!!!
word.

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #277 on: February 01, 2010, 04:17:43 PM »
The first half of the season premiere leaked.  I watched it last night!  I'd better not say any more.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #278 on: February 01, 2010, 07:56:19 PM »
Wow, 5 days to go and I need a serious crash course on what happened last season before I watch it again :lol:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #279 on: February 03, 2010, 11:24:27 AM »
FIRST EP OF FINAL SEASON IS OUT!!!!!!!!!!

AND OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EPIC

I FEEL LIKE YELLING REVELATIONS SO I HOPE NOBODY AVOIDING SPOILERS WILL READ THIS BUT

OMFG LOCKE IS THE SMOKE MONSTER XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I CAN'T BELIEVE THEY MADE US LOSE JULIET *TWICE*
SO THERE ARE NOW DOUBLE LOSTIES?? ROFL
I KNEW SAYID WOULD COME BACK TO LIFE IT WAS JUST THE ONLY WAY.
IS SAYID NOW "JACOB"/JACOB'S HELPER?

JPHiP Radio (25/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ayumi Shibata - Dear Friends