JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Love No Cry

Author Topic: [sunny's attempts] drabble dump #1 (yokoei, sayamilky)  (Read 10801 times)

Offline heysunny

[sunny's attempts] drabble dump #1 (yokoei, sayamilky)
« on: June 19, 2014, 08:54:27 PM »
Hi there! I'm pretty new to the forum and the fandom itself, too, but I've been writing fics for my ships for a while now and I thought of sharing them, especially because I don't really see my ships around here, so it's always good to bring something new, I guess?  :lol: Anyway, I'll be posting my lousy attempts at trying to write proper fics for some ships of mine (YokoEi, JuRicchan, other completely irrelevant Ricchan pairs, MaYuki, KojiYuu, NMB Team M harems... haha not really), I hope you enjoy~!

oneshots;

play my heart, yokoei, maid!au (kind of)
not like the movies, juricchan, cinema!au
brick by brick, rinayuyu, domestic!au (???)
sweet/salty, paruricchan, cafe!au
like moth to a flame, sayaricchan, high school!au
anchors away, yokoei, mmorpg!au
flipside, sayamilky, insanity(????)!au
losing breath, sayamilky, idk what sort of!au
how to start again, wmatsui, soulmate!au

drabbles;

drabble dump #1, yokoei, sayamillky
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 09:32:06 PM by heysunny »

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] play my heart (yokoei)
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2014, 08:57:11 PM »
play my heart;
pg-13/slightly r*, ~2000w, yokoyama/kawaei

(*the fic contains very mild nudity, but nothing happens. i'm not sure what rate that deserves tbh)

This is stupid, Yokoyama,” Kawaei frowns disapprovingly as she stares down at her rather embarrassingly revealing maid costume, then her gaze flicks at the girl’s face standing in front of her, slightly irritated by the smug smile she wears.

“Oh, no, no. This is perfect,” Yui snickers contently then drops herself in the sofa right next to her and places one leg over the other. “Maid, get me a cup of coffee! Four sugar, lots of milk.”

Kawaei flashes somewhat of a grimace and parts her lips to speak but then Yokoyama flicks up an eyebrow and she sighs, turning around to get whatever she ordered.

While preparing the other’s drink, she mentally curses herself for ever making such a stupid oath. (“I, Kawaei Rina, hereby promise you, Yokoyama Yui, that if I successfully enter senbatsu, I’m going to be your maid for an entire day!”) She now regrets the whole thing and wonders actually how bad this could get. It’s mostly the costume, though; she’s not used to revealing so much skin of her body besides magazine shoots and especially not in front of Yokoyama – although they are close, there’s a reason why Rina’s always been quite reluctant to put aside her bashfulness. That reason being the fact that they’re too close.

At least in Rina’s eyes.

She’s almost finished with the coffee when there’s a loud yell coming from the room, urging her to “Hurry up!” and she has to smile just a little. A sudden idea forming in her mind, she quickly reaches for the pepper placed on the counter and pours a few ounces into the coffee, struggling to hold back her giggles as she delivers Yokoyama the desired treat and the girl takes it without any suspicion. Kawaei almost has to turn away as she seems to be quite bad at suppressing how entertained she is when Yokoyama’s features twist into a disgusted grimace after taking a sip and her eyes dart at the younger, full of fire.

“Ya! What did you put into this?” she asks, standing up and crossing her arms and Rina now bursts into laughter, shrugging lightly.

“Perhaps I accidentally mistook pepper for sugar. Please forgive me, Mistress.”

Yokoyama grunts. “Now that’s definitely not what I’m going to do. You deserve punishment.” The previous smirk returns to her features and Ricchan is alarmed, fearing what the other could come up with.

Finally, Yui shakes her head. “Nevermind. That can wait. I’m really wishing for a good, hot bath right now. Prepare it for me. Chamomile, honey and milk, but you already know that. Get it ready in the next five minutes and I swear to god, if you put any sort of itching powder or anything else in it, I’m going to steal your dogs and not allow you to meet them.”

Ricchan snorts.

“Cruel,” she hisses and waddles away to the bathroom to grant Yokoyama’s wish, this time dropping the idea of tricking her again so she prepares everything neatly and just as the other had asked, accidentally pouring a little bit of too much milk but she hopes that won’t be too much of a problem. Milk is good for the skin, so why should it be a problem if there’s a little bit more of it?

She finishes a little bit after five minutes had passed and Yokoyama’s already waiting for the girl hovering over the bath tub to be done, her eyes subconsciously lingering a little bit more on the younger’s legs covered in thigh-highs (a piece of clothing she’s always loved so much) and when Ricchan turns around, she notices the glisten in the other’s eyes. It makes her frown, but Yokoyama quickly erases the longing look off her face and brings back the dead serious expression of hers, fixing the light, baby blue bath robe on her.

“Just about time,” she murmurs somewhat scornfully and rolls her eyes.

Kawaei allows a soft sigh to escape her and she starts to head out when Yokoyama grabs her wrist and shakes her head slightly, provoking a confused look from the younger.

“You’re not done yet,” she says and slowly closes the door of the bathroom, locking it twice. “You’re coming in with me.”

Kawaei’s eyes grow twice their size in surprise and she takes a few steps back, her back colliding with the door.

Yuihan wants to bathe together?

There’s a sudden heat in her cheeks and around her chest and she chews on her bottom lip, unable to react in any way and she just stares at Yokoyama’s expectant look and she swears there’s a hidden smile in the corner of her lips and she wants to scream. This brat here knows exactly she can get her in an embarrassing situation this way and she sure as hell takes advantage of that.

“I’m not going in. I’ve already showered this morning. Based on your smell, you need it much more than I do.”

Yokoyama chuckles. “Insulting me doesn’t help you hide how embarrassed you are. Don’t you wanna take a bath with me, Ricchan~~?”

The sudden cutesy tone Yokoyama uses so rarely completely flips Ricchan’s world over and she blinks, totally unconfident of what to do now.

“Besides…” Yui suddenly speaks, taking a step closer to the younger. “You’re my maid for the day. You need to obey me, no matter what.”

Ricchan shivers as Yui’s warm breath washes over her skin and she blushes so hard she looks down to hide it (a weak attempt) and she swallows.

“F-fine…” she mumbles softly, her voice barely audible as she reaches behind her back to pull down the zipper of her costume, her hand trembling as doing so, feeling Yuihan’s eyes on her the entire time. When fully pulled down, Yui reaches out, taking the material of Ricchan’s costume between her fingers and pulling it over the other’s head, revealing the younger’s perfectly white bra and Kawaei’s face is now so red that she resembles a tomato more than a human but she lets Yui do whatever she wants, and soon the skirt and stockings are down, too.

That’s when Yui actually realizes that it’s Kawaei standing in underwear in front of her, her Kawaei, and she smiles, not a smirk, but an actual, genuinely happy smile and it confuses Ricchan but before she could speak, Yokoyama turns around and lets the bath robe slide off of her shoulder and land on the floor, exposing her completely naked body to Kawaei who’s once again is shocked; she wants to look away, close her eyes, but she finds herself staring at the perfect waistline of Yuihan, the way the shadows fall over the soft curve of her butt and Ricchan has to swallow. She watches as the other ties her hair up in a messy bun and then steps into the tub, soon soaking her entire body in the foam and Yui gestures her to follow. Rina takes another breath and takes off her panties and bra, pressing the latter close to her chest as she walks to the tub with strongly crossed legs, almost falling over before she finally lets all her guards down and shows herself to Yui, sitting in the bath tub herself opposite of the other.

“Seems like you didn’t try to trick me this time,” Yui says as she sinks a bit, her legs suddenly wrapping around Kawaei’s body. “Good girl.”

In the next second, Yui’s already pulled herself closer to Rina and she places her hands on the other’s waist, pulling her even closer and Ricchan immediately pulls up her knees to her chest to avoid any awkward physical contact but the fact that Yokoyama’s breasts are pressing against her knees is more than enough to drive her crazy. She wants to look away, but then again, there’s something in Yui’s eyes that capture hers so firmly it’s impossible to tear her gaze away. And to be honest, she doesn’t mind it, because she could stare into Yuihan’s eyes for an eternity of time and would be okay with it.

“So, Kawaei. You actually made it. You broke into senbatsu.” Yui’s voice is impartial, dry at first. But then she smiles, at her tone turns gentle, almost like dripping honey. “I’m so proud of you, my Kawaei.”

A mild shiver runs down Ricchan’s spine as she hears the word “my” and there’s an inevitable smile appearing on her face.

“Thank you. I’m p-proud, too.”

Yuihan stays quiet, studying the other’s face for a while before suddenly speaking.

“Do you really mind this?” she asks, a genuinely worried expression settled upon her features and Rina frowns.

“This?”

“This. Us, being like this,” Yui nods her head around and Kawaei is speechless again.

What should she say? Should she say that no, actually, this is something she’s been secretly desiring for god knows how long and she’s just simply shy? Or should she say that no, this is what she’s ever wanted and more but she’s afraid that Yokoyama is just only playing with her? Or should she lie and tell her that yes, this actually bothers her, when in reality, it doesn’t, at all?

Then again, she’s just dumb. She’s known Yokoyama for quite some time and she’d never ever play with her heart like this. And yet, why is she shaking?

“No,” is all she says finally, and Yokoyama smiles. And Kawaei returns it.

Yui raises her hands from the water and slides them over Kawaei’s cheek, wetting them and covering them in some foam and although it tickles, Rina doesn’t mind. She doesn’t mind because Yokoyama is touching her in a way she’s never have before and this is probably the most exciting thing she’s ever experienced. Her heart races and she closes her eyes as Yuihan brushes her fingers across her cheeks, slowly, lovingly.

When she opens her eyes, there’s a look in Yui’s eyes she can’t mistake and that warm look causes her to sink mentally in a really good way. To sink into a bright pink bubble of love and happiness and it feels so good to be there that she doesn’t ever want to escape from it.

Then Yui leans in and presses her lips against Rina’s, barely, only for a short time as if giving the other a chance to pull away, but Kawaei doesn’t, and so Yui kisses her again, this time harder, more passionately, and before they know it, they’re already making out, their arms tangled in each other’s and they stop only a few times to take a breath so they could continue again.

It’s Ricchan who pulls away first, her eyes still closed as she relives the past few moments and when she opens her eyes, Yui’s looking at her, a hesitant look on her face, her teeth sank in her bottom lip, not even a hint of the smug smirk from before. She realizes that Yui’s just as hesitant of this as she is, but apparently she just happens to be the braver one out of the two and that makes Rina smile, and that smile is what Yuihan needs to ease up. She wraps her arms around Kawaei’s neck and pulls her close, her head to her chest and kisses into her hair.

“You’re so precious,” Yui whispers and Rina chuckles softly, pulling away so she could look the other in the eye.

“You are, too.” She nods and then her smile widens, her teeth showing. “But you’re right, I’m the more precious one.”

There’s a kind of “are you kidding me” look on Yokoyama’s face before she splashes some water at Ricchan and they both crack up, their laughter being the sounds of the two happiest people in the world.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 03:05:00 PM by heysunny »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2014, 11:10:40 PM »
This is really good.  I had to watch some stuff but you know the ways around it and hopefully to see more from you.

If you are lucky, then you might want to seek some "opportunities"  ;)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2014, 09:00:53 AM »
nice pairing... :on GJ: the princess and her baka maid :on lol:

this should have a continuation on 'the resticted area' :kekeke:

and that team M harem you said earlier, I'm really looking forward for it....

Offline heysunny

« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2014, 05:04:58 PM »
This is really good.  I had to watch some stuff but you know the ways around it and hopefully to see more from you.

If you are lucky, then you might want to seek some "opportunities"  ;)

Thanks a lot, it means so much! And also thank you for the advice, hehe, I hope I can serve with more, too! ;;

nice pairing... :on GJ: the princess and her baka maid :on lol:

this should have a continuation on 'the resticted area' :kekeke:

and that team M harem you said earlier, I'm really looking forward for it....

Hehe, thank you! I was sort of kidding with that one, but if you're looking forward to it, I might consider it... :3 i just really love team m ok

Offline heysunny

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2014, 01:11:42 PM »
not like the movies;
pg-13, ~1300w, kawaei/takahashi (juri)

“How many times are you going to clean that table?” Juri stops next to Rina, her arms crossed over her chest and an eyebrow quirked.

“As many as it takes for you to shut up about it,” Kawaei retorts and straightens her back, shooting the younger a look. “You know how boring this is. I’m just simply trying to pass time by doing something useful.”

“Dusting off the same tables for more than six times aren’t useful but rather useless,” Juri shakes her head and snatches the rug out of Kawaei’s hand, holding it up. “Look how dirty this thing is. You’re just doing more damage than good.”

Rina just shrugs. “Whatever.”

Juri’s eyes suddenly go wide and Kawaei follows the direction of her gaze only to spot an averagely tall, shoulder-length light brown haired whose most memorable feature has always been her rather disinterested and sometimes even bitter expression; she’s a regular at the cinema now and the two girls have been seeing her here at least twice every week.

“Beware, Ms. Salt Cellar has arrived,” Juri whispers so only Rina could hear it and she smiles only a little before waddling behind the counter in case Ms. Salt Cellar (her and Juri came up with the nickname together; a rather silly habit of theirs, even though they know almost all regular customers’ names, this is just so much easier and of course, funnier) decided to buy something right away, which she does (she always does), so Kawaei puts on a smile that’s not even forced to welcome the customer.

“Good evening, Ms. Shimazaki,” she bows her head out of courtesy and thinks how an average person would probably smile back (even maybe only for the fact that their name is known around here), but Shimazaki’s face is blank as a piece of paper that’s just been dispatched from the factory.

“Good evening,” Shimazaki bows her head shortly, the gesture is barely visible but it’s there. “I just wanna buy some coke.”

“Room temperature or cold?”

“Cold.”

Kawaei nods her head and disappears for a second to get what Ms. Salt Cellar had asked for and when she’s done, she hands it over, informing the customer about the price even though she probably knows it already.

“Actually,” Shimazaki says suddenly,” please give me a ticket for any show that plays, if there’s any.”

“Oh—Sure, just a second. Juri!” Kawaei calls out, the younger immediately hurrying over to come for the rescue and Rina readily places Shimazaki in Juri’s hands who provides the woman with a ticket for the last show this evening (probably the worst Z category movie from the catalogue); having only ten minutes or so before the movie starting, Shimazaki pays for the ticket and her coke before disappearing from the sight rather rapidly. Juri lets out a deep sigh then leans her back against the counter and shoots Kawaei a telling look.

“Do you think she’s going to enjoy the worst movie of the year?”

“Do you really believe she’s here for the movie?” Rina shakes her head. “She seemed to be in a horrible state.”

“Well, she did look a bit salty, if you allow me.”

Kawaei slaps her forehead with her palm. “You’re so dumb, Takahashi.”

“No, I’m serious!” she says, but a smile is hiding across her lips. “No one bought tickets for that movie tonight. She’s going to be all alone in that whole big-ass room, watching one of the worst productions ever released. I feel a bit sorry for her, if you ask me.”

“Well, I don’t,” Kawaei sticks out her tongue but then just shrugs. “Probably. I think she’s having heart problems.”

Juri frowns. “When did you become a doctor?”

Rina rolls her eyes. “I mean, love problems. Remember the girl she used to bring along? I’m pretty sure they were dating. Where is she now?”

“You’re overthinking again, Kawaei,” Juri puckers up her lips disapprovingly, reaching for the other’s hand and she starts playing with the older’s fingers. “You should pay attention to other things more.”

“Like what?”

“Like me,” Juri grins widely and Kawaei rolls her eyes but returns the smile, ruffling the younger’s hair playfully.

“Ah, naïve little girl.”

Juri lets out a loud grunt and opens her mouth to retort but Rina already turns away to get ready for closing, starting to pack all the things away.

“You’re horrible!” Juri pouts sadly and waddles to the popcorn machine to clean out all the leftover food and the next minute Rina squeals, followed by Juri’s amused laughter after having thrown a handful of popcorn at her friend. What she does not know is that Kawaei fires a revenge almost immediately and in just mere seconds, the entire floor behind the counters are all covered in popcorn, just like the girls themselves and they both take a deep sigh at the same time after seeing all the mess they had created.

Rina looks up, her eyes spitting fire. “You’re so gonna pay for this.”

Juri shrugs, a smug smile evident on her face. “It was you who decided to fight back.”

They sit back to back against each other on the floor, Juri’s eyes closed, lips slightly parted meanwhile Kawaei struggles to stay awake but manages to succeed when her head rocks forward so hastily she almost fears it falls off; the girl shakes her head and reaches behind, poking Juri in the side a few times before the younger stirs awake accompanied with a displeased groan.

“Come on,” Ricchan says and stands up, giving Juri a hand to help her stand up. “It’s already been fifteen minutes since the last movie stopped playing. We need to close.”

Juri nods a few times, still somewhat puzzled as she takes the hand reaching out for her and they quickly leave the buffet, locking the glass door behind them. They stroll down the pitch dark corridors hand in hand, and they both stop at the same time, turning their heads toward the slightly opened door next to them and they exchange looks, even though they cannot see each other’s faces except for the sparkling, young eyes filled with a new-born idea.

“Should we…?” Juri asks hesitantly but way before she could finish, Ricchan already pulls her inside the screening room, one of the smaller ones in the cinema and they stare at the projection booth in the back for a while before Ricchan shoots the other a questioning look.

“What should we watch?”

Juri chews on her bottom lip while deep in thought before beaming at the older. “Let’s watch The Fault in Our Stars! A lot of people have been buying tickets for that one.”

“Isn’t that the movie about a girl with cancer and some other dude?” Kawaei frowns and Juri shrugs.

“Might be. We’ll just leave if it’s not good, I guess.”

“Fine,” Kawaei says then nods towards the seats. “Sit down somewhere then until I prepare this thing.”

“Oh, the couple seat! The couple seat!” Juri claps her hands excitedly and is already heading towards the said thing. Kawaei just rolls her eyes, but it’s followed by a small, loving smile meant for the younger one, even though she can’t see it.

When the movie is all set up and has started playing, Ricchan waddles to the couple seat Juri’s already occupied and sits down next to her, pulling her legs up and underneath herself.

“This seat is so cool,” Juri says, holding up something. “It’s so comfortable and look, it even has a blanket!” Her expressions suddenly turning serious, Juri pouts a little. “Ya, Kawaei…”

“Hm?”

“Cuddle me.”

Kawaei lifts an eyebrow, staring at Juri. She almost drops some sort of witty comment, but seeing the younger’s pouty, almost begging look, she just flashes a half smile and spreads her arms. Juri happily snuggles between them and Kawaei pulls the blanket over the two of them.

“Are you sure we’re not going to be punished for this?” asks Juri quietly.

“Yeah, they won’t find out. And even if they do…” Kawaei kisses the top of Juri’s head, smiling lightly as she glues her eyes on the huge screen. “It was worth it, wasn’t it?”

Juri nods. “Yes. Definitely worth it.”

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 05:08:31 PM »
finally!!

an OS for Juri!!

thanks for this :3  :bow:

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] not like the movies (juricchan)
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2014, 06:57:57 AM »
finally!!

an OS for Juri!!

thanks for this :3  :bow:

I'm glad you liked it. ;; And yes, Juri definitely needs more love! I hope others will soon write for her too, haha.

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] not like the movies (juricchan)
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2014, 12:41:26 PM »
brick by brick;
pg-13, ~6300w, kawaei/watanabe (mayu)

Even when her parents are already in the door, dragging their suitcases behind and waving goodbye, she still refuses to believe it.

“No, don’t leave me with her!” Mayu tries to grab her mother’s wrist but she’s already next to the car with a wide smile on her face and mouthing “it’s going to be fine” silently but the girl shakes her head disapprovingly, knowing that no, it’s not going to be fine and she doesn’t even want it to be, she just wants her parents’ friends to take their immature kid away from their house, from her house. 

But of course, her parents turn away from her and sit in the car along with their friends whose kid she is going to have to babysit (okay, not literally; Kawaei Rina’s the same age as her but knowing her since they wore diapers, she knows pretty well just how stupid the kid is) for the following two weeks and soon drive away, leaving a rather pissed off princess behind.

“You can’t stay here,” Mayu storms into the living room, throwing a huge bag technically right at Kawaei who’s too late to catch it so it hits her right in the head and she lets out a soft sound of pain, rubbing her palm against the spot.

“And where do you think I should go?” she says, putting the bag aside and crosses her arms over her body. “It’s not like it’s my fault that our parents decided to go on a vacation without us!”

“No, but it’s your fault that your parents don’t trust you enough to leave you at home alone so they have to bring you here for me to take after you when you’re only a few months younger than me!” Mayu shouts furiously, running her fingers through her long ebony hair in frustration before she mimics Ricchan’s position. “Don’t you think it’s rather embarrassing that you need someone to look after you?”

“First of all, I don’t need anybody,” Kawaei stands up, looking Mayu straight in the eye. “Secondly, I’m not here because of that. I’m here because our house is under renovation and while it would be possible for me to stay there, I would just probably be in the way so it’s easier to reside here for two weeks. And, my parents thought I could use some company.”

“Well you must be pretty freaking naïve if you think that I’m going to keep you entertained during these two weeks because I am not,” Mayu says and turns around, stomping to the kitchen and Ricchan lets out a long sigh, wondering how she suddenly became the scapegoat for everything happening in the world.

“I wanted to do my best not to bother you, but you’re making it really hard for me to be nice…” Ricchan murmurs quietly before turning the opposite direction and thundering upstairs into her temporary room.

“You can’t sleep here.”

Kawaei lifts her head and looks at Mayu standing in the door with a dead-serious expression on her face.

“What?”

“You heard me right. You can sleep on the couch if you want to, but not in my room. I’m not going to suffer through all your snoring and…”

“I don’t even snore!” Rina interrupts angrily but Mayu waves a hand dismissively.

“Not a matter of question. You’re not staying in my room.”

“You’re a horrible person,” Kawaei mumbles and quickly gets up from the floor, putting all her personal belongings bag into her suitcase. “I’m not surprised you don’t have any friends.”

“Excuse you?” Mayu raises her voice, raising an eyebrow. “I do have friends, but none of them are such low budget as you, that’s probably why you never met them.”

Ricchan frowns. “I’m low budget? What the heck does that even mean?”

Mayu ignores the question regarding her strange use of phrases and just shakes her head. “Hurry up and get out. I want to go to bed.”

“Yes, princess,” Kawaei says, sarcasm coloring her voice as she drags her suitcase along. She turns around in the door and looks back once again, making eye contact with the other girl. “You know, I might have never met any of these ‘friends’ of yours, but how would you explain the fact that it’s the third week of Summer and you haven’t even stepped out of your house and not even planning to ever since?”

“I have and I am going to…” Mayu starts but Kawaei slams the door in her face before she could finish so she shuts up, her teeth sinking into her lower lip and her previous furious expression morphs into somewhat of a worried one, and although usually, she would storm after Kawaei just so that she could have the last word, this time there’s something that keeps her from doing so.

And even after changing into her pyjamas and pulling the blanket over her body, she still refuses to admit that Kawaei had just made a point earlier.

It’s much to her surprise to find Kawaei sitting in the kitchen already at seven in the morning and she almost allows a shocked expression but she realizes it just in time. She enters the room wearing a poker face and although she fights the urge, she simply can’t refuse to ask.

“How come you’re up so early?”

“The couch was too uncomfortable,” comes the immediate answer and Mayu would rather die than to admit it, but it does sting just a little.

“Told you it would’ve been better for the both of us if you stayed in your own house,” Mayu comments regardless (or rather, because of) her feelings and takes out the cereal from the cupboard.

“Nah, it was okay. It’s a whole another world to be up this early, I like it.”

Mayu ignores it with an eyeroll and opens the fridge to get the milk but instead, she just frowns. “Where the hell did the milk go?”

“I drank it,” Ricchan replies and Mayu’s blood starts to burn.

“You did what?”

“You heard me right,” Ricchan stands up and it takes Mayu only two seconds to realize that she’s using the same words she did yesterday, “I love milk and I was thirsty and by the time I realized it was all gone. Sorry.”

Every ounce of guilt, even that small amount she has ever felt for treating Ricchan the way she had disappears in that moment when she realizes that she’s being played by Kawaei (especially because it’s Kawaei) and she needs to close her eyes and take a deep breath to calm down. She certainly isn’t going to let Kawaei win.

“Fine, go to the shop and bring some milk then,” she says as calmly as physically possible and Ricchan frowns.

“Why me? It’s you who wants to drink milk, not me.”

“I said, bring some milk or I’ll lock you out of the house and you can go wherever you want!”

“You can’t lock me out…” Ricchan says but her voice slowly fades as she’s too hesitant to believe her own words herself.

“Yeah?” Mayu quirks an eyebrow. “Try me.”

Perhaps it’s the fear of having to sleep in the garden or the challenging look on Mayu’s face but something makes Kawaei nod and say “Fine” before she disappears to go and buy some milk.

“This is not milk!”

Mayu stands in the kitchen with both her hands against her head, sort of not wanting to believe her eyes.

Kawaei looks confused. “But it says…”

“It says soy milk! This isn’t regular milk! Oh my god, how could you be this stupid?! Did you do this on purpose?” Mayu spits the words, starting to massage her temples as she tries really hard not to faint from the anger. Kawaei chews on her lower lip, looking genuinely embarrassed by the situation and she points her gaze down, avoiding Mayu’s eyes.

“I’m sorry…” she murmurs and Mayu snorts.

“Yeah, sure! A sorry can solve everything! Now I have to go to the shop myself!”

Ricchan keeps biting her bottom lip and when she offers to go get some proper milk this time, she’s denied by a loud and furious “No” so she just nods and waddles away to get out of Mayu’s sight before the girl explodes and she would have to suffer all the harm.

She curls up on the couch and silently listens to Mayu’s fury while wondering how she ended up so stupid, just like how the other girl had said and why she has to ruin everything and why she is just never good enough and she has to squeeze her eyes shut not to let the tears escape.

After surviving the first day, Mayu wakes up feeling more refreshed than ever and she decides that today is just the best day to go out and have some fun with her friends. She waddles into the kitchen with a wide smile on her face and – again, much to her surprise – she finds Kawaei sitting by the dining table again, looking twice as horrible as good Mayu looks and she frowns a little but doesn’t question it; she’s made herself promise that she wouldn’t talk to her unless it’s really necessary so she prepares her breakfast without a single word.

Kawaei doesn’t say anything either and just stares at her half-finished cereal for the whole time while Mayu’s eating her own and the temptation to drop a comment and figure out what’s happening to her is huge, but she fights it and when she’s done, she leaves the other to her misery in the kitchen.

“Who should I hang out with today…” Mayu mumbles to herself as she flips through the contacts in her phone and then randomly selects one, making sure that Kawaei would hear everything she speaks.

“Hey, Yukirin? I was wondering whether you’d want to go somewhere with me today?” she asks and it’s the unusually laid-back tone and use of words that catches Kawaei’s attention.

“Sorry, I really can’t, I already have plans for today.”

“Ah, oh… okay… next time, then?” Mayu says half-heartedly, though she’s forcing a smile on her face.

“Sure, we’ll talk later. Bye!”

“Bye!” Mayu ends the call and her sixth sense warns her not to turn around so she wouldn’t see the half-smirk decorating Kawaei’s face. Instead, she quickly dials another number.

“Ya, Minegishi… are you busy today? I thought we could go get some tea or something,” Mayu asks as soon as Minami speaks, her voice somewhat more careful now.

“Today? Ahhh, damn it… I am quite busy, yeah. Sorry Mayu.”

Mayu almost loses it for a moment but then she smiles brightly and nods. “Okay! It’s settled then. Bye~” she chirps and she ends the call before Minegishi could question it. Either way, the idea has already formed in Mayu’s mind and she knows that she just simply can’t let Kawaei know that both of her friends had ditched her just now, she can’t allow the other’s words from yesterday become true. Even if it means that she has to go out and pretend like she was hanging out with someone, it would be worth it.

She turns around with a wide smile on her face and she goes to get ready still without speaking any word to Kawaei; she only lets an “I-told-you” sort of expression slip as she passes by the other girl before dressing up for a day out in the city… alone.

It’s been an hour since she’s been sitting in the cafeteria and one hour is a hell of a long time, more than enough time for her to think and that’s never been a good thing for her. As soon as an hour passes, she realizes again how truly alone she is and she keeps wondering how Kawaei knew that in fact, she really doesn’t have friends (not real ones, anyway) and how she’s going to prove the opposite when there is absolutely nothing to prove. Both facts stress her out pretty much and she debates between desperately wanting to go home so at least there could be someone keeping her company (even if that someone is a person she’d rather kick out of the house, but truly, maybe if she gave her a chance, it would turn out that she isn’t all that bad) and staying here as if she could escape her problems this way (when she obviously can’t).

Her final decision is nothing but a deep, fat sigh that leaves her mouth before she decides to leave and go home, prepared for Kawaei’s potential opposition, but something inside tells her she’s not going to be faced with her so by the time she enters her house, she’s wearing a smile and much to her surprise, it turns out that Kawaei is not even at home.

Only after two hours does she arrive and she seems to be in a rather high spirit, something that drowns Mayu’s mood (of which she didn’t really have a good one anyway) and Kawaei notices that. But Mayu ignores Kawaei’s scrutinizing looks and heads upstairs to her room when fingers wrapped around her wrist stop her and she turns to look at the other girl.

“I brought you something.”

Mayu can’t hide her surprise and she immediately forgets about her promise of not talking to the other. “What?”

Kawaei lifts her bag and then nods towards the kitchen before dragging Mayu along. Ricchan puts her bag on the counter and pulls out a collection of books (mangas, as Mayu realizes it) and hands them to the other.

“I know you like mangas and anime and I don’t know if you read it, but I saw a few posters of the Shingeki no Kyojin anime in your room, so. Here.”

The gesture makes Mayu so confused that she’s unable to utter any words besides a quiet “Thank you” and taking advantage of the situation, Kawaei lets out a soft giggle before leaving behind the shocked girl.

It takes her a few minutes and some flips and turns of the manga books in her hands before Mayu allows a small, happy smile grace her lips.

After the fifth thunder strikes, there’s a knock on Mayu’s door.

“What?” Mayu rolls on her other side, clearly not too impressed as Kawaei sticks her head inside the room.

“Please, Mayu…” she starts and the older raises an eyebrow.

“What do you want?”

“The storm… thunders… I’m… I’m scared down there…” she stutters and Mayu rolls her eyes.

“Close the door behind you.”

Ricchan nods happily and staggers inside with her blanket and pillow in her hands and lies down on the floor, pulling the thick textile over her entire body, including her head. Mayu stares at the person turning into a small ball on the floor and can’t help but let out an amused chuckle.

The thundering continues, some of them being as loud and strong that there are moments where Mayu thinks the house is trembling and as the intensity of the storm grows do Kawaei’s whimpers multiply alongside and to be honest, it starts to become pretty annoying and Mayu groans in displeasure every time there’s another squeal until the squeals turn into screams and Mayu can’t stand anymore.

“Shut the fuck up, would you?!” she sits up in her bed and Kawaei pulls the blanket off her head, revealing her face completely covered in tears and Mayu just can’t feel anything but pity and she bites her bottom lip. She then sighs and pulls aside, patting the now empty space next to her on the bed. “Come on. Just this one night.”

Kawaei looks puzzled for a few seconds and then she understands and the way she just shoots to lie next to Mayu is so amusing the older has to suppress a laugh. Ricchan snuggles in the bed as far as Mayu as possible and the girl lies back, turning away from the trembling body of the younger.

Ricchan murmurs a hesitant, but genuinely grateful “Thank you” which puts a smile on Mayu’s face and she drifts into sleep with that smile lingering on her lips.

It’s hard, but Mayu decides not to be desperate about getting her “friends” to meet her. Moreover, she makes the decision to help Kawaei with her summer homework which she struggles so much with and thus also to spend more time with her and get to know her better. It goes horribly at first and she gets mad at practically everything Kawaei does but after a few hours, they seem to find the common ground and since that moment, everything Mayu’s ever believed about the other is flipped upside down. The fact that Kawaei is not the lightest bulb out of the bunch remains true, but she seems to be rather quick at learning and she actually listens to everything Mayu says which is probably what shocks her the most (especially because Ricchan has been looking quite out of sorts ever since she moved in and Mayu just can’t seem to figure out why, except for the obvious reasons); the girl seems to be so fond of the way Mayu tutors her that it flatters the older, making their relationship go more smoothly and whether Kawaei knows that and uses the strategy consciously, it just works.

On the fourth day Kawaei hesitantly asks Mayu if she would accompany her to the dentist because they are always so many people in the waiting room and it would be lovely if she had company and Mayu is bitter at first, as always, but she actually agrees and that makes Kawaei happier than ever for some reason. She brings along her textbooks and math books so they could practice even more and even though Mayu is really not fond of the idea of further studying (god, she loves summer holiday for a reason) but apart from complaining out loud, she does nothing against Kawaei’s wishes and the younger takes notice of that. She wonders what caused Mayu to act so differently now (“was it the manga present?”), but she doesn’t dare to ask in case she would get a not-so-positive answer.

They go on with the algebra exercises and the equitations in the waiting room, but only after a few minutes Mayu finds that Kawaei has fallen asleep and she’s just about to snap at her when she realizes the huge dark circles under her eyes and it confuses her. She decides to ask later and she doesn’t wake her up until her name is called out.

The doctor states that Kawaei’s teeth are just fine but she should restrain from eating and drinking too sugary things because her teeth are quite sensitive. They walk home in silence until Mayu takes the courage and asks about Kawaei’s dark circles and overall zombie appearance and the girl chews on her lower lip, pointing her gaze down and obviously looking reluctant to answer the question.

“Come on, tell me,” Mayu pleads softly, something she rarely ever does (more like, never) and just like usually, the sudden change in her tone shocks Kawaei so much she lets out a deep sigh and nods.

“Fine. I haven’t been sleeping too well lately… or at all,” she says, her teeth still gnawing on her lower lip, her eyes still avoiding Mayu’s. “Except for the day you let me inside your room. It’s just… I’m not used to sleeping alone. I’ve always been somewhat afraid and it’s also very dark and quiet downstairs and without someone near me I just…” She shakes her head. “Nevermind. I know you don’t care.”

Kawaei’s last words strike Mayu as a thunder and she stops abruptly.

I know you don’t care.

The pain comes just after the realization and she actually has to take a few moments to gather herself. Is she really that bad? Has she been this heartless all along? Is that really what Kawaei thinks of her? Is that the reason why her friends keep cancelling their programs and avoid meeting her?

Is it that she really is so selfish that she’s been walking over everybody so far and yet she never really noticed it?

How exactly did she not notice it!?

“Mayuyu? Are you okay?”

Mayu looks up, her tangled mush of thoughts disappearing and being replaced by the surprise upon hearing the name Kawaei called her as just a few seconds ago. “Mayuyu?”

She can’t not see the small blush that colors Kawaei’s cheek as she looks away. “Y-yeah… I just thought it was a cute nickname for you… I’ve always wanted to call you that but before I always thought you would just yell at me and call me stupid and ask me to never use it again. But since you’ve been kind of nice to me the past days, I thought that maybe…” Ricchan bites her lip. “Do you not like it?”

“No, no…” Mayu mumbles, shaking her head.  Then she smiles. “It’s cute.”

There’s a sudden whistle coming from behind that interrupts (and thereby ruins) the moment and the girls turn around as one, seeing two men (boys, rather) approach them with a smug smile on their faces. A red siren starts shrieking and rolling vehemently in Mayu’s mind and she takes Kawaei’s hand to get away but she reacts too late and the two guys are already next to them and by the time she blinks twice one of them got her bag, the other one trying to get close to Kawaei but she is faster. She pulls Mayu along with her but Mayu’s eyes are focused on her purse.

“My bag…” she murmurs and Kawaei notices it finally. She quickly stands between Mayu and the two guys and the older just stares, her face soon morphing into a fearful one as she watches Kawaei approaching the two guys and she reaches forward to pull her back, to tell her that it’s not worth it, the purse is completely not worth it, but there are no words coming out of her mouth and Kawaei just goes forward, slapping one of the guys’ arm and she hits hard, surprising Mayu. Ricchan is fast and seems to be actually somewhat experienced at fighting but there are two guys against one girl and albeit she manages to get the bag and throw it at Mayu, one of the guys slaps her on the face, making her fall on the ground and Mayu shrieks, too shocked to move or do anything even though Kawaei is practically screaming at her (“Run and call for help!”) but there’s no one around, not a single soul and Mayu panics and there’s her conscious mind buried deep in her head hating herself for being such a pussy.

Then one of the guys aims towards her and she finally regains her right state of mind and screams, screams out of her lungs, as loud as she can and she just keeps screaming, hitting the guy with her bag and jumping from side to side to avoid getting caught but she’s not good enough and the boy grabs her arm, twisting it behind her back and thus evoking a painful moan and she wiggles, trying to get out of his hold when suddenly his arms disappear and someone else catches her wrist and the next she knows is that they’re running, faster than ever and far away from all those guys, leaving the danger behind.

They only stop when they’re sure they’re not being followed anymore and that’s also the time when Kawaei’s legs give up and she collapses to the floor and Mayu screams, this time being level-headed enough to call for the ambulance immediately and as soon as they arrive and are driving to the hospital, Mayu loses it and she sobs, she sobs so hard that her whole body starts to shake and it becomes hard for her to breathe, and one of the nurses in the ambulance car try to comfort her but it’s not enough to cover up the immense guilt or the hate she feels for herself and it’s also not enough to erase the thoughts “it’s all my fault” from her mind so in the end, they just let her cry.

The doctors tell her that apart from a few bruises (including the ribs which are luckily not broken) and a sprained ankle, Kawaei’s condition is fine and after a few weeks of rest she’ll completely recover and it settles Mayu’s raging feelings for a little while. They let her into Kawaei’s room and surprisingly, the younger is wearing a wide smile on her face as she enters and that makes it impossible for Mayu not to return it.

“Oh, Mayuyu! I thought you went home.”

Mayu frowns. “Why the hell would I have?”

Ricchan shrugs. “Well I just guessed you didn’t think it was necessary to wait for me here until I am dispatched from the hospital.”

Mayu shakes her head. “You are stupid as always. Who the hell allowed you to get injured like that? And why the hell didn’t you just turn around and run away when I told you to leave my freaking bag there?”

“You never told me,” Kawaei quirks an eyebrow and Mayu lets out a soft “Oh”, realizing that truly, she never had.

And why? Because she was too damn shocked and much of a coward to do anything.

“I am so sorry,” she suddenly says, her head lowering. “It’s my fault. I should’ve done something. I should’ve listened and called for help. I am so, so sorry Ricchan…”

“Ricchan? So are we really calling each other by nicknames now? I almost feel like jumping out of this bed and congratulate myself for managing to have our relationship develop so far!”

Mayu lightly pokes the younger in the arm. “When the heck did you become so sarcastic?!”

Kawaei smiles. “I’ve always been. You just never let me show it.”

The older’s smile disappears and she nods slowly. Truth stinks.

“Yah, don’t go all bitter on me. I’m not mad at you and it wasn’t your fault. You were shocked. It’s natural, granted you haven’t been in any situation of the sort before.”

“Have you?” Mayu raises an eyebrow.

Rina shakes her head. “No. But I took karate lessons. You didn’t.”

“Oh.”

“Besides, look at me, I’m all fine. Well, except that because of you now my beautiful face is all ruined.”

“Hey, didn’t you just say it was not my fault?!” Mayu snaps, and they both burst into laughter.

Kawaei lets out a soft groan. “Ah, it hurts to laugh. What a horrible thing to experience at such a young age. Laughing is my only medicine and now I can’t do it!”

“You’ll recover soon enough, I’m sure of it.” Mayu closes then parts her mouth again, hesitating, but finally, she says it. “You looked quite cool against those guys.”

“Excuse me? Did Watanabe Mayu just compliment me?” Kawaei fakes a shocked, too dramatic expression and Mayu rolls her eyes.

“Stop with the sarcasm! You’re acting so differently…”

“I could tell the same about you, no-friends ice princess.”

Mayu frowns. “No friends?”

Kawaei bites her lower lip. “I know that everyone said no when you wanted to meet them. I was in the café with my friends and saw you sitting there alone.”

Mayu’s face starts to burn and for a second she doesn’t know whether it’s from the embarrassment or the anger. “Were you following me?!”

“Please believe me, no. No, it’s just my favorite place to go,” Kawaei quickly shakes her head. “I’m sorry, I was mean.”

Mayu squeezes her lips together before shaking her head. “No, it’s fine. You’ve known from the start that I have… issues with friendships.”

“But you realized why, didn’t you?” Kawaei rocks her head to the side. “Isn’t that why you gave me a chance?”

“Yeah… sort of… I guess.” Mayu pouts. “But that was really hard, actually. You know, you’re still pretty annoying and it was a roller coaster of emotions, spending time with you. There were times when I felt like strangling you or slapping you hard in the face and leaving you to your sufferings.”

Kawaei makes a face. “Wow, very nice, indeed.”

Mayu smiles but doesn’t say anything and just looks down at her feet, embracing the silence that suddenly fills the room.

“But you didn’t regret it, did you?” Kawaei then asks and Mayu looks up again, offering the other a smile.

“No. No, I certainly didn’t.”

Kawaei is allowed to leave the hospital the next day but the doctor tells her at least twenty times that she needs to rest a lot and restrain from doing too much moving and she is made to say an oath before she can finally go home. Mayuyu is there with her the whole time and helps her get home and they don’t speak a lot but words aren’t needed; Kawaei appreciates Mayu’s efforts more than anything and none of them says it but they both know that their relationship has reached a whole new level, a level that’s a surprise to Rina and a new experience for Mayu who’s not too fond of having to take care of the younger and look out for all her needs, but she still does it because it’s Ricchan, and even if she could, she wouldn’t be able to deny the love she’s developed for this annoying and stupid girl anymore.

Ever since the incident, Mayu looks at Kawaei in a whole new light and she’s somewhat bothered by the fact how she flushes everytime she needs to help the other get undressed and take a shower or how she feels an overwhelming urge to snuggle next to the girl (who’s been sleeping in Mayu’s bed because of her injuries) and just wrap her arms around her. Ever since Kawaei arrived here, she’s been struck by a series of new experiences and she would be a liar if she said that they don’t confuse her. They do, and these things slowly lead to her personality to make a one-eighty turn and there are times when she wonders whether she, the old Mayu has been lost.

But then, every time Kawaei does something annoying or outright stupid and she yells at her for it, she knows that albeit all the changes, she’s still the same, just a little bit better version and she likes that.

Even if the fact that it’s all thanks to Kawaei bothers her just a little.

“So now that I can finally move perfectly on my own, you’re not going to undress me anymore, are you?” Kawaei asks after all her bandages get removed and Mayu’s flustered by the sudden question, causing her to flush.

“Obviously not. It’s not like it’s been a fantastic experience for me.”

Kawaei crosses her arms over her chest, a challenging look on her face. “Oh come on, I know you liked seeing my naked body and rubbing soap all over my…”

“Shut up!” Mayu shouts, her face burning and she closes her eyes so she wouldn’t see Kawaei’s smug smile.

God freaking damn it, when the hell did Kawaei Rina start flirting with her?!

“Fine, fine. I’ll go have a shower by myself,” Ricchan sighs and sticks out her tongue before invading the bathroom and Mayu doesn’t know what to do or how to untangle all her messed up emotions. What is happening to her and why is it happening?

And why does she wish she would be in the bathroom to help Kawaei undress so suddenly?

Even at night, she’s still unable to get the confusion out of her mind and she finds herself staring when Ricchan enters the room wearing nothing but a rather see-through, dark red lingerie and Mayu knows she’s doing it on purpose and that the younger takes advantage of that, but what Mayu doesn’t know is whether it’s only teasing or if maybe, just maybe, there’s more to it.

Sleep doesn’t seem to reach her and she believes it’s already been hours since going to bed when suddenly she hears noises from behind and in the next minute, her blanket is lifted up and Kawaei snuggles next to her, her body so close to Mayu’s that the older feels the heat coming from it. Mayu’s body is as stiff as a dead chameleon until the younger snakes her arms around her, hesitantly, but Mayu doesn’t stop her so soon enough they’re already cuddling and it feels so surprisingly good that Mayu’s face is lit up by a wide, satisfied grin.

She turns around only when Kawaei’s already steadily snoring quietly next to her and even if it’s dark, she still takes her time to appreciate the younger’s features, the cute small, but wide nose, the slightly parted lips that are so inviting and that scares Mayu up to the point she rather closes her eyes.

But then she reopens them and takes just a couple of more minutes before lightly pecking the girl’s lips and letting herself doze off to sleep.

“I dreamt that you kissed me,” Kawaei starts the morning by telling this to Mayu right after she wakes up. “It was a pretty surprising dream! Ah, what silly things my mind can think of when exhausted…”

Somehow every word Ricchan utters amuse Mayu and she can’t hold back her giggle forever. Kawaei shoots a weird look at her and Mayu lifts her head, braced on her elbows on the bed. “It wasn’t a dream.”

After a long while, it’s finally Kawaei’s turn to be shocked. “What?”

“It wasn’t a dream,” Mayu repeats it, not caring anymore what consequences this confession would bring. “I did kiss you last night.”

“Why…” Kawaei flashes a suspicious look. “You’re playing with me, right?”

Mayu slowly shakes her head. “Nah, not really, no.”

Kawaei suddenly flushes. “Why did you kiss me…”

Mayu realizes that this could be it, her chance to return all the teasing and embarrassment the other caused her so she plays along, shrugging her shoulders and trying to act all like she doesn’t really give a damn thing about it.

When in fact, she probably cares more than she should.

“I don’t know, I just felt like it.”

“Just… felt like it?” Kawaei frowns, fidgeting with the hem of her shirt nervously. Mayu nods. And Ricchan does the same.

“Ah. I see.”

Kawaei licks her bottom lip and then turns around.

Mayu knows that this is another chance. And if she does it, it’ll probably be the boldest and bravest (and stupidest, for sure) move she’s ever made but her hesitation is small, much smaller than she expects it to be and by the time she knows she’s already grabbed Ricchan’s wrist and turned her around, her lips pressing against the other’s just like yesterday, but this time it’s not a hesitant kiss or just a peck. Kawaei kisses her back without a second thought and it makes Mayu’s blood burn, her heart race and soon she has to pull away because she’s out of breath.

They stare at each other for a while, both of them seeming to struggle for words and it’s Kawaei who chuckles first.

“Wow, Watanabe. A week ago, I never would’ve thought that you would come this far. When did I turn from the annoying, immature kid into the girl you want to make out with?”

“Oh god, could you just shut up for a second?” Mayu rolls her eyes and kisses her again, passionately, like it was the first and the last time.

“So, it’s over.”

Mayu blinks as Kawaei throws herself on the couch next to her. “What is over?”

“The two weeks,” she replies and Mayu nods.

“Ah. True. It’s been quite an adventure, these two weeks, don’t you think?”

“Definitely,” Ricchan giggles, taking Mayu’s hand in hers and starting to play with her fingers. “I’ve never been this shocked ever since my parents told me that Santa Claus doesn’t exist.”

Mayu rolls her eyes. “Obviously.”

“It’s a good thing I can return home now. I’ll finally be able to sleep in a comfy bed and not on a hard and cold floor,” Ricchan says happily and Mayu pokes her in the side.

“You spent half of this week in my bed. I don’t see why you’re complaining.”

“Obviously,” Ricchan mocks the older and Mayu sighs.

“Everything that comes out of your mouth is trash. It’s completely ruining everything.”

“You can always shut me up, you know,” Ricchan bats her eyelashes innocently and Mayu grimaces.

“Ew, gross. So greasy.”

“But seems like a pretty good idea, doesn’t it?”

Mayu just laughs and leans in to leave a soft peck on the girl’s lips.

Suddenly, there are noises of a stopping engine from outside and the two girls jump off the couch, running to the door to open it and welcome their returning parents who seem to be in a rather radiating mood and upon seeing the two kids, they light up even more. Everyone gets a hug and Kawaei’s mum makes a comment regarding the pale, but still visible bruise on the right side of her face (the girl jokes about it being Mayu’s fault and that distracts the conversation so she doesn’t have to come up with an excuse) and after they are all inside the house, the four parents turn towards the kids as one person.

“So guys, did you get along?”

Mayuyu and Ricchan exchange looks and both trying hard not to giggle, they nod.

“Oh, we did.”

Everyone lets out a relieved sigh and the two girls look at each other, not needing words to express their feelings. No one but they do know about their blossoming relationship and that is just fine.

Perfectly fine.

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] brick by brick (rinayuyu)
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2014, 07:11:15 PM »
sweet/salty;
g, ~960w, kawaei/shimazaki

Even if it’s been the same for a week now, she still approaches the now empty table hopefully; but as soon as she reaches closer, she sees that nothing’s changed.

Kawaei stares at the almost completely intact piece of chocolate cake on the plate with only the strawberry having been removed from the top and shakes her head slowly. She looks up, her gaze wandering around the room knowing there’s no one to be found but it’s now an instinct of hers; a hope that maybe, the day will come when the girl who’s been returning to the café every day will not leave the unfinished cake there, a fruit of Kawaei’s hard and precise work back in the kitchen.

She immediately knows when she steps in; she doesn’t know how, whether it’s sixth sense or some kind of magic (which she obviously doesn’t believe in) but she turns around just when the same girl with shoulder-length, dark hair, dimples and a rather salty expression sitting on her face (it’s always the same) approaches the counter and asks for a slice of chocolate cake from her colleague. Kawaei leans against the wall and crosses her arms, her eyes secured on the girl’s face and their gazes link; it lasts no longer than two seconds but something sparks inside her and she flushes, wondering how a girl who doesn’t even smile (or at least she’s never seen her do so) or say a single word to her can achieve that result with a single glance.

Kawaei shakes her head and makes a one-eighty to go back to the kitchen and get back to work with the goal of getting her mind off the girl who never appreciates her cake yet still makes her blush so hard she resembles a tomato.

She gets too lost in her work that by the time she goes out again, the girl has already left and the cake waits for her atop the table the other always sits by but Kawaei doesn’t even bother to pick it up anymore. It irritates her so much (not only how she always abandons the cake untouched, but also how she always leaves before Kawaei could talk to her but the latter is something she would never be pleased to admit) she just hisses and goes back inside, closing the door behind her which slams with a louder sound than it should.

The next day she spends outside the kitchen, mostly, only so she could catch the girl and she’s promised not to let her slip away this time. She wants a reason why she orders something she obviously doesn’t even want to have and why she has to work hard for people like her who just leave her cakes there and let them be thrown into the trash (even though they never are, there’s always someone within the staff who eats the treats customers never even touched).

Kawaei follows the girl’s movements with her eyes as she walks to the table with her order and as soon as she sits down she thunders forward, soon realizing that she’s being dramatic so she slows down her steps but eventually arrives by the other and she places both of her palms on the table. There’s laid-back fury in her eyes and she knows the girl catches a glimpse of it when she lifts up her head and their eyes meet and Kawaei blushes before she could say anything, silencing her for at least a whole minute.

They stare at each other until Kawaei finally breaks the silence. “Why do you order this all the time? Why do you ask for something you never even eat? Do you know how much work I put into baking and it really pisses me off to see that you ask for my baking but don’t even bother to eat it.”

The other girl looks surprised and Kawaei feels guilty for snapping so harsh on her but her expression doesn’t soften not to show it.

“I’m sorry,” the girl finally says and her face turns into an apologetic one. “I just don’t like sweets.”

Now it’s time for Kawaei to be surprised and she blinks in confuse. “What? Why do you order it then if you don’t like it?”

The girl drops her head, breaking the eye contact and her voice is quiet, shy when she talks. “I just want an excuse to come here so I can see you.”

That one sentence shocks Kawaei so much she makes a quick turn and rushes back into the kitchen, leaving the girl there to herself and she doesn’t even dare to go back for another half an hour.

But when she does, she finds an empty plate along with the empty chair and it gives her some warmth in her chest. She notices a small piece of paper peeking out from under the table and she takes it, not helping but cracking a smile after reading it.

“It was really good. Can you bake things that aren’t sweet too? You could call me… if you want to.

xo Haruka”

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] sweet/salty (paruricchan)
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 12:22:55 PM »
like moth to a flame;
r, ~6000w, yamamoto/kawaei

(i'm not sure whether this is allowed or not, if not, please feel free to delete this post mods and i'm sorry ; n ; )

WARNING: ADULT THEMES, SUITED ONLY FOR 18 AND ABOVE. CLICK HERE FOR THE FIC.

Offline Rinca

• Birdwatcher
  • Member+
  • I shall return. But I'll sleep for now.
    • Rinca00
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 02:22:22 PM »
like moth to a flame;

(i'm not sure whether this is allowed or not, if not, please feel free to delete this post mods and i'm sorry ; n ; )

That pairing. . .  :sashiko:

Lame Story ahead!

A Certain Love Story of a Cyborg Girl | Same Ground(Hiatus) | The Last Stand (On-Going)

Offline heysunny

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 09:57:59 PM »
like moth to a flame;

That pairing. . .  :sashiko:

Glad you approve!  :D They're my top 2 and they're quite good friends in real life so I thought I'll give this ship a try and I really love their chemistry  :wub: :wub:

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] like moth to a flame (sayaricchan)
« Reply #13 on: July 22, 2014, 03:08:34 PM »
anchors away;
pg-13, ~6500w, yokoyama/kawaei

(based on sword art online's basic idea but the mmo is perfect world international/pwi)

“Heal, please!” Yuihan232 screams and she does her best, quickly waddling closer while still paying attention to being out of the boss’ target area and she heals, but it’s not enough and no matter how many times she pursues her skill, all the extra HP she successfully delivered over is sucked out of the warrior within a mere second. There’s a last strike and then Yuihan232 is on the floor, dead, and RinaEi_19 is forced to run if she doesn’t want to get slashed also.

But for some reason, she can’t just leave Yuihan232 there so while the other two members of their party deals with the boss, desperately trying to survive, she knows that it’s her duty to resurrect the warrior, even though it will drown all her mana and then she would be basically pointless, with no potions whatsoever on hand.

Yet she does it and Yuihan232 comes back to life and RinaEi_19 uses the last portions of her mana to bring the other’s health back to full and Yuihan232 thanks her.

“No problem at all,” RinaEi_19 smiles happily before the boss does an AoE attack and everybody around her – including herself – falls to the ground, dead.

“I am so ashamed,” RinaEi_19 sighs loudly, sitting next to Yuihan232 after the dungeon run has ended. They managed to strike the final boss but it cost everybody (except her, who only died once) at least 20% of their current experience points and that’s not really a good thing at such a high level. They would have to play for at least one week straight to get that amount back and RinaEi_19 feels horrible about it because, well, it’s her fault. She could argue that she was the only cleric in the squad but to be truthful, it should’ve been enough if she had been good enough.

“Don’t be,” Yuihan232 tries to comfort her, handing over a good amount of mana potions. “You should really get more of these. They are very helpful. Though what I advice is that you level up your Apothecary skill to level 3 and then you’ll be able to make potions that give back 5000 MP each with only gathering a few herbs.”

RinaEi_19 nods, flashing a grateful smile. “I know I should. I’m just so lazy to gather so many things to level up that skill… even though it’s like, the most helpful skill out of all for a cleric.” She sighs, shaking her head. “I’m such a bad cleric.”

“Don’t say that,” Yuihan232 groans and pokes the other in the side. “You just need some practice. I’m a warrior so I can’t really help you but we could pair up and run a few lower level dungeons with different strategies so you could figure out what’s the best. Or maybe you should read the official forum for some advices, there are so many pro gamers on there who I’m sure would be happy to help you out.”

“I know, but I’m too embarrassed to ask,” RinaEi_19 pouts, “like, then they would all  know how bad I am.”

“I think one of the greatest human qualities is to admit that we’re imperfect,” Yuihan232 says, running her fingers along the head of her spike slowly, in a somewhat gentle way as RinaEi_19 notices and she thinks of how amazing it is to see blademasters being so attached to their weapons. Just like how archers with their bows or venomancers with their pets.

What about clerics? Based on their main role in this world, they’re mostly attached to other players. At least that’s what the hopeless romantic side of RinaEi_19 tries to believe; she is known for forming a deep attachment to others even though that trait hasn’t really done any good for her lately. Yet still… healers having a special bond with the people they heal sounds quite nice, doesn’t it?

“I see,” RinaEi_19 says, nodding. “How about your imperfections, Yui?”

“Well, I have quite a few,” she laughs, looking up at RinaEi_19. “One of them being unable to tell them to others.”

“Ah…” RinaEi_19 hums, keeping her eyes on her weapon. “So you’re a tough shell?”

“We could say that,” Yuihan232 nods. “But if someone earns my trust, it’s all okay. The problem lies in how that usually takes years when it’s about me.”

“Doesn’t that sound kind of lonely, though?” RinaEi_19 frowns, pulling her weapon onto her lap. “Living the life surrounded by people whom you don’t trust?”

“I do have people I trust, though,” Yuihan232 laughs, sticking out her tongue at the other. “But anyway, I’m perfectly fine having friends whom I don’t trust. It’s not like I’m one to share my problems with anybody but myself. I need my friends to be fun to hang out with and that’s enough. More than enough.”

“You’re a strange person,” RinaEi_19 frowns a bit and Yuihan232 chuckles.

“Has anyone told you before that your elf ears are really cute?”

“You know too damn well how to change topics, don’t you?” RinaEi_19 laughs, shaking her head disapprovingly. “Thank you. Every elf has the same pair of ears.”

“But yours are different,” Yuihan232 says and that causes a short silence. RinaEi_19 doesn’t get it; she doesn’t get why it’s different.

But before she could ask, Yuihan232 stands up. “I need to log off for now. I’ve added you to my friend list, so catch you tomorrow?”

RinaEi_19 nods. “That would be great.”

“Hey there. Why are you up so late?”

RinaEi_19 is startled by the sudden interaction but she smiles anyway, finishing off the Ninetailed Firefox before answering.

“It’s only a bit past midnight. It’s not that late,” she says, looking around to find a safe spot to settle down at where the mobs won’t attack her.

“It’s pretty late for a young girl like you, though.”

“Ya!” RinaEi_19 grunts, pouting a little. “You don’t even know how old I am.”

“19 for nineteen years old, isn’t it?”

RinaEi_19 doesn’t reply.

“Aah, so I guessed.”

“What then? Are you like, 232, based on that logic?”

“Duh. I’m actually a vampire in real life, too bad this game doesn’t have this species.”

“Very funny.” RinaEi_19 stands up and drags herself back to the nearest camp to buy some potions and maybe eat something. After taking a look in her inventory though, it doesn’t seem like she’s going to eat anytime soon, unless she decides to chew on some herbs because literally that’s the only edible thing she has.

“You’re not going to tell me your age? It’s only fair if you do.”

“It’s not my problem that you decided to display your age in your username. Next time you make a character, you should learn from it.”

“But it’s not like I would want to hide it…” RinaEi_19 sighs and shakes her head. “Where are you?”

“I’m in Etherblade, doing my spiritual quest. Why? You wanna hang out?”

“I just hit level 84,” RinaEi_19 announces proudly. “So now we’re the same level. I’m guessing we have some quests in common?”

“Actually, I just hit level 85.”

“Oh,” is all RinaEi_19 says, somewhat disappointed.

“But we can hang out anyway. And I’m sure I have quests I haven’t finished yet. Let’s see what we’ve got. Where are you? Ah, you’re in Burning Heart. That’s not too far, I’ll be there in a few minutes.”

RinaEi_19 murmurs an “OK” and then sits down next to the fire camp, her dark grey tiger cub pet running and jumping around while she’s resting and she keeps her eyes on the animal, smiling lightly. In times like this, there are occasions where she wishes she was a venomancer and could have pets as comrades instead of being, you know, just pets. Rina has always had an infinite love for animals of all kind and she’s always envied the venos for their unbelievable bond with nature and animals, or also how they can just transform into a beautiful and fast fox whenever they want to. Sure, healing and bringing people back to life is an amazing thing, but sometimes it can get quite lonely, even if half her time here equals being with people.

But being a healer also equals not really being with people but rather, being there for them in need. And that doesn’t really give the same experience. Not to mention that sometimes, the responsibility is just way too overbearing.

Yuihan232 suddenly lands next to her and she is quite startled, but she greets her happily and it doesn’t take her much time to notice that she’s gotten an entire collection of new gear, including armors and a new spike as well.

“You’re looking good,” RinaEi_19 compliments honestly.

“I know, thanks. Took me some time to get everything but I’ve been collecting ever since level 60 or so.”

They then both examine their quests and find two identical and they decide to pursue the one that’s in the closest area. So they stay in the volcanos’ area and start killing burning lava golems and mobs of other kind in silence, with only a few words of asking for potion or heal exchanged between them. For most people, this kind of silence would be unsettling, even uncomfortable but somehow, RinaEi_19 doesn’t mind it, in fact, it comforts her, killing mobs with Yuihan even if they don’t talk while doing so.

She also realizes that this is the third time they’re spending time together which is not a lot; and yet, for some reason, RinaEi_19 feels like it’s been forever since they started gaming together. There’s a strange intimacy between them (or is she the only one feeling it?) that both makes her happy and confused but Yuihan232 never shows a simple sign that it would bother her in any way.

So it’s okay.

“Have you been to the mountains yet?” Yuihan232 suddenly speaks and RinaEi_19 shakes her head.

“No, if you mean the place where everything is covered in deep snow.”

“Yeah, that one,” Yuihan232 nods, giving a last strike for the mob in front of her. “Wanna go and see it?”

There’s at least a seven minutes long silence before RinaEi_19 finally answers.

“Yeah, sorry. I just went out to get some coffee.”

“Ah, coffee, I see… you’re the unhealthy type.”

“Excuse you, coffee is not unhealthy, in fact, it more belongs to the healthy category if drunk with measure.”

For some reason, Yuihan232 seems amused by that.

“Fine, fine. So you go to Starbucks every day like white people?”

“Not every day,” RinaEi_19 snorts. “Too expensive. But I like Starbucks, yes.”

“So I guessed.”

“So, are we going or not?” RinaEi_19 questions, wanting to end this topic because she feels attacked and she knows the other’s just teasing, she feels bad about it somehow. Yuihan232 agrees to go and she summons her flying blade while RinaEi_19 spreads her wings and they fly up into the sky, right next to each other and for some silly reason, RinaEi_19 wishes that she could sit right behind Yuihan232.

“I’m twenty-one,” Yuihan232 suddenly says and RinaEi_19 is genuinely surprised.

“I thought you were like thirty or above, the way you made me look like a fetus.”

“Well, you’re in college, aren’t you?”

“Yeah.”

“For me, who’s already finished college, students are little kids.”

“But there’s only a 2 years difference between our ages.”

“It rarely feels like that, though,” Yuihan232 slows down a little bit. “I always feel so old when around younger girls, or even from my age. I guess I’m just a stuck-up.”

“That would explain why you spend so much time in Perfect World,” RinaEi_19 giggles. “Because you have no life.”

“Just because it’s only 2 years difference, you know you still have to be polite to your seniors, right?”

RinaEi_19 chuckles. “Ah, I wish we knew each other in real life. I would show you all the different ways to have fun at your age.”

“Woah, woah, slow down kid. We’ve only known each other for, how long, three days?”

“Four,” RinaEi_19 laughs. “And don’t call me kid. But anyway, it’s not like I’m telling you to meet up or something… For all I know, you could be an old guy with a beard as long as Santa’s. I don’t even know where you live.”

Yuihan232 doesn’t reply to that and for the leftover minutes, they fly in silence.

RinaEi_19 immediately notices when they arrive in the wished area, not only because the text tells her but because the temperature falls to negative degrees in less than a blink and suddenly the sky is all fogged, white everywhere she looks and the first thought that comes to her mind isn’t “how pretty” but “how annoying” and she feels bad about it so she doesn’t speak to Yuihan232 about it.

But then they get deeper inside the area and lower in the sky and everything turns beautiful, the fog gone, the weather still freezing but hey, what would you expect in the home of forever snow anyway? RinaEi_19 is soon blown away in a rather positive meaning by the amount of snow covering the smaller hills and larger mountains, some of them being so high that they almost collide into them even though they’re flying pretty high up and she watches the frozen golems and other icy mobs strolling below them, lazily dragging their feet. RinaEi_19 doesn’t even dare to check how high level they are, it’s not like she would want to get in touch with any of them, she’s purely here for the purpose of the landscape which appears to be just as satisfying in looks as Yuihan232 promised and soon they both find a camp and they decide to land there.

“Pretty, huh?”

“Yeah,” RinaEi_19 answers truthfully, waddling to the campfire to warm her hands a little bit before they go on, on foot now and the snow is pretty deep, it reaches RinaEi_19’s knees almost but it’s surprisingly easy to walk. There are mobs everywhere but they don’t seem to notice them so it’s safe and sound and she keeps looking around, not even sure what to watch because there’s a crystallized tree on one side and ice statues on the other but in the end they have time to check everything and they arrive by something that looks like a very long river but Yuihan232 tells her that it’s part of the lake, a leg of some sorts; RinaEi_19 is mesmerized by how crystal clear the surface of the water is and that she can see the bottom of it and she wonders why the water hasn’t frozen in a cold weather like this. Yuihan232 explains to her that it’s a special one, something the Gods has created for the people to fish in since there’s always winter here so the possibility to grow plants and food is non-existent.

RinaEi_19’s surprised as Yuihan232 goes on about the history of this place and mentally curses herself out for not having read the story of every quest so far because she’s always been too lazy to do so and now, hearing these stories makes her wonder actually how much there is beyond the obvious gaming in this world.

“You could even take a bath in it and you wouldn’t freeze to death,” Yuihan232 says and RinaEi_19 crouches, putting a finger slowly into the water, ready to pull it out but it’s surprisingly warm (well, compared to the snow) so she ends up dipping her whole hand and then taking off her shoes and sitting by the lake. Yuihan232 joins her and they sit there for a while, keeping an eye out for the water mobs if there would be any to appear, but it’s quiet, no players or people around whatsoever.

“This feels good,” RinaEi_19 suddenly speaks and Yuihan232 turns to look at her.

“What does?”

“Being here, with you,” she says and that’s when Yuihan232 notices that her eyes are closed and her head is rocking to the side and back.

“You should log off and go to bed, RinaEi,” Yuihan232 says in a disapproving voice and puts an arm around the elf, letting the other’s head rest on her shoulder.

“Mhm, call me Ricchan,” she murmurs quietly before her figure disappears and it says “RinaEi_19 is offline.”

“Are you sure the headaches aren’t because of the game? Because I’m pretty sure they are,” Sayanee groans and takes another sip of her steaming latte macchiato.

Rina rolls her eyes. “Don’t think you’re a genius now just because you’re learning to be a doctor.”

Sayanee snickers softly, shrugging her shoulders. “Well, I am more of a genius than you are or ever will be, to be honest.”

“Shut up,” Rina smacks the other’s shoulder, almost spilling out her coffee and Sayanee shoots her a look.

“This shit was expensive, okay?”

“Oh come on, I’ll make coffee yummier than this in a blink of an eye,” Rina says, but she’s laughing, because she doesn’t even know how the coffee machine she owns at home works, not to mention using it for what its purpose is. She doesn’t even know why she hasn’t thrown it out already.

“How about stopping to play the game for a week and see if there’s any improvement regarding the headaches?” Anna suddenly suggests, and while it’s a reasonable suggestion, Rina’s blood freezes even just upon the mention of living without the game for a whole week.

Someone would probably call it an addiction, but Rina know it’s not because of the game itself, but someone specifically within the game.

But hell if she admits that to her friends.

“I never understood how you could spend so much time playing a damn game anyway,” Sayanee shakes her head disapprovingly and Rina shoots her a tired look.

“Fine, fine,” she lies and Annin flashes her a small, happy smile. “I dearly hope my headaches won’t stop for once in my life just so I could have my right instead of you, Sayanee.”

Sayanee just giggles.

Disappointment comes immediately when, for the first time the past week, Yuihan232 is offline. The bitter feeling grows larger with every minute passing and suddenly she’s not in the mood to play at all but she fears that if she logs out, Yuihan232 will appear and they’ll miss each other.

So she lies down in the bottom of a tree in her starting city and watches the newborn elves for a while, her fingers stroking the soft fur of her pet, sometimes saying a few words to him as if he could understand.

But maybe he does, because when RinaEi_19 complains about feeling alone, the cub crawls onto her lap and snuggles against her tummy.

“Hey, you there?”

It’s the familiar voice that makes her eyes snap open and RinaEi_19 realizes that she had probably fallen asleep, with her cub being close to starving and the girl panicks, quickly feeding him some meat and water before she would answer.

“Hey,” is what she says and regaining her consciousness, she realizes that she’s back. She’s here. And like the past times, it’s her who interacts first.

If only her head wasn’t hurting so much.

“Where were you?” she asks Yuihan232 and gets up from the ground, sending her pet away so she could take out her wings and fly.

“Working. I do have a life, you know?”

“Ah. I didn’t expect that,” RinaEi_19 hums, flying into the center of her city to take a look at what the auction house offers; not really because she needs anything, but more like as a way to pass time before she would suggest hanging out together again.

But she would rather wait for her to suggest first. Perhaps…

“Did you miss me?”

“Yes,” RinaEi_19 answers without thinking and it’s maybe a bit quick, but she doesn’t know whether the other noticed it or not.

Then Yuihan232 asks about her day and she goes on talking about how she and her friends – who are also her roommates in the apartment they share – met up in Starbucks and how Annin was late because she took the wrong bus that didn’t take her to Akihabara but someplace totally else and she stops only for a short second to take a breath when Yuihan232 interrupts.

“Akihabara, huh?”

“Shit,” RinaEi_19 and bites into her lower lip. There goes another piece of information about her while she still doesn’t know barely anything about the other, but she flips the mentality around and thinks that maybe it’s a good thing Yuihan232 knows where she lives (even though just because they went to Akihabara to meet doesn’t equal them living close to the district, but it’s irrelevant, since they do) and maybe she would come for a visit. Even though the possibility of that is around 0.1 percent, not to mention how it’s almost literally impossible that even if she did come, they would meet. It’s not like RinaEi_19 would tell the other her accurate address unless she asked.

Which she probably won’t.

“Is everyone in your crew a white girl wannabe?”

RinaEi_19 can’t help but snort at that question. “What the hell are you talking about, please. Yes, we go there every week but…”

“Every week? Holy moly. When are you guys going to remove a teeth just so you could drink your Starbucks easier?”

“Shut up.”

Yuihan232 chuckles and RinaEi_19 ends up cracking a smile as well.

The worst possible thing happens the next day when Rina’s headache is so strong she actually decides not to sit in front of the computer. She skips her classes today and stays home (she would only have two Maths and one English anyway) to rest and Annin takes care of her until she has to go to school.

She suffers through the first part of the day with quite a difficulty but the pain somewhat eases after lunch, still not enough to turn on the laptop and headgear and log into the game. Even though, heck, how happy it would make her just to hear Yuihan232’s soothing voice right now.

They should’ve changed numbers.

Sayanee is the first to come home and after dropping a few comments like “I told you so” or “You should’ve listened to me”, she cooks Rina’s favorite soup for her and makes her tea, taking care of her friend in her own way as she keeps shaking her head and huffing out disappointed sighs up to the point where Rina just tells her to shut up but she knows that Sayanee’s not that serious and is in fact just worried.

But it’s just headaches, so it’s not like there should be anything to be worried about.

But the pain doesn’t seem to stop and when she wakes up next morning with the same headache, Sayanee suggests her to see a doctor. Rina refuses at first because god, she hates doctors (excluding Sayanee, of course, but she’s not even one yet), but Sayanee and then after a while Annin, too, keep nagging her until she finally decides to give in.

While sitting in the waiting room, she realizes that it’s not even her general dislike towards doctors that kept her from coming here today, but the fear that as soon as she mentions that she’s been playing with Perfect World, they are going to say that it’s the reason.

Which could obviously be a reasonable occurring, based on the fact how this MMORPG is the first that works with the help of the headgear that can connect to a human’s nerves, giving them a much fuller experience of gaming than a simple computer-based program could ever have, and although it’s been out of beta version for almost half a year, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s completely harmless. She’s heard about other people who had problems such as headaches because of the game before and although she’s always considered it a possible side-effect, now that the game has been a prominent part of her life, the thought of giving it up is like a knife in her back.

Maybe she shouldn’t mention the game, after all.

But then she remembers that Sayanee is sitting right next to her, and she’s pretty sure that even if she doesn’t tell the doctor, her friend will.

And she can’t really blame her for that.

About ten minutes pass before they call them in and the examination doesn’t even last half as long because after introducing her symptomps, Rina takes a deep breath and tells the doctor who looks quite likeable with her middle-length, chestnut brown hair and squirrel-like appearance that she’s been playing Perfect World and for some reason, the doctor immediately lets out a knowing “Aaah” and Rina doesn’t quite take that as a good sign.

“That explains a lot,” the doctor says and hums for a bit, looking at some files. There’s a few minutes of silence that’s mostly inner shaking and worry for Rina and she dreads the doctor’s diagnosis, and she realizes that she’s been cracking her knuckles only when Sayanee’s hand stops her from doing so.

“I’m afraid, Ms. Kawaei, that you’ll have to stop with the game for at least two months. You can’t equip the headgear whatsoever during this time or else it might cause some permanent damage to your brain and nobody would want that, right?” the doctor smiles sympathetically, but to Rina, it looks more of a snarl.

“Are you sure there’s no other way, Oshima-san?” Sayanee asks, surprising Rina. The girl looks at her friend with wide eyes, but the black-haired pays attention to the doctor, ignoring her questioning look.

“I don’t think so, I’m afraid,” Oshima-san shakes her head. “I’ve always been against this new type of fun. Sure, it’s great how real it makes the gaming feel, but it’s not healthy at all, no matter what the developers say. It’s just simply not right for a device to be connected to a person’s brain nerves for hours and hours of time.”

“Okay,” Rina finally says, sort of interrupting the doctor as she’s had enough and will probably go nuts if she has to hear more of this. “Thanks a lot, Oshima-san. I’ll make sure to take a break and get back to full health.”

“Good. I wish you a fast recovery!”

They leave as quickly as possible and just as expected, Sayanee doesn’t ask a thing even though she clearly notices how discomposed Rina is.

And for once, Rina’s thankful for that.

The first argument occurs as soon as they get home because Sayanee insists on throwing out the headgear but at least, removing it from Rina’s room so she wouldn’t be grabbed by the temptation but that the last thing Rina wants and would allow so they fight in the living room until Annin appears and stands between them, asking them to calm down a little bit and then continue the argument reasonably.

Just as always, Rina’s shocked by Annin’s ability to lighten up the mood between her and Sayanee and she wonders if deep down, that was the main reason why they all decided to move in together since Annin’s had the role of the peacemaker ever since these two became friends.

But that’s irrelevant now and Rina takes a deep breath, closing her eyes before trying to reason with Sayanee.

“Please, leave it there. I promise I’m not going to use it,” she says, forcing as much honesty into those words as possible.

“Then why do you care whether it’s in your room or somewhere else?” Sayanee retorts with a good point and Rina chews on her bottom lip.

“Fine,” she finally nods. “But then, please, let me just log in once more. I want to talk to somebody.”

“So there is somebody,” Sayanee grumbles and Rina looks at her confusedly.

“What?”

Sayanee and Annin exchange a quick look but it doesn’t  escape Rina’s attention. She crosses her arms.

“We’ve been thinking that you might have found someone and that’s why you spend so much time online,” Annin says in a quiet voice that sounds so innocent Rina just simply can’t be mad at her.

She’s not sure why she should be mad, though.

“It was obvious because your usual 1-2 hours of gameplay turned into 6-7-8 hours and it’s not like you’re a newbie,” Sayanee shrugs. “So care to tell us what it’s about?”

“Why are you talking like I’m having someone? Can’t I just have a game partner I like to hang out with?” Rina snorts, clearly feeling bitter about the way her two friends are confronting her.

Of course the bitterness is because of how repulsively they confront her and surely not because they might have found a weak point.

Surely not.

“Why are you getting so defensive?” Sayanee furrows her eyebrows. “We’re not accusing you of murder, for god’s sake, we’re just being curious!”

“Yes, I like somebody!” Rina finally blurts out, shocking both of her friends with the sudden honesty, but especially herself, because she’s never thought of Yuihan that way before. She’s never thought even once that perhaps her persistence to get to know the other and spend much time with her or the fact that every time she went online was purely because of her would mean something.

And saying it out loud without realizing it beforehand felt rather surprising.

“Okay,” Annin says, supposedly noticing the change in Rina’s behavior, “do you want to talk about this person, Ricchan? Hm?”

“I don’t know,” she says honestly, squeezing her lips together. “Can I just talk to her? Please?”

“Her?” Sayanee asks and Rina almost rolls her eyes at how she successfully pointed out the most important thing.

“I’ll go talk to her now, then,” she excuses herself out and leaves the startled Sayanee there for Annin, slipping into her room and putting the gear on her head, praying that Yuihan would be online.

But she isn’t, and once again she feels the same disappointment as last time. Hesitating what to do now, she decides to leave a message for her with her number in the content field also attaching every single gold she has since she probably won’t need them anymore. She doesn’t write down anything except her number because, as she realizes quickly, she sort of wants Yuihan to contact her first, to see if she even misses her if Rina’s gone. To see if she would try to get in touch if she doesn’t find her online for days.

Her mood drop is probably visible because when she hands the gear over to Sayanee, she bites into her bottom lip and exchanges another knowing look with Annin. She’s bothered by how these two suddenly became secret-sharers but she could care less about things like that. Right now, all she wants to do is settle down and watch Disney movies until she falls asleep and when she suggests the idea, their friends agree.

And that makes her somewhat happy.

She spends the next few days casually, doing casual things and thinking about casual things, except for the times she glances at her phone to see if there’s any sign of Yuihan ever trying to get in touch, but there’s nothing, and it would be silly to say that it doesn’t pain her at all. It does, much more than it should, and she wonders how she even got so attached to this girl in the beginning, whose face she doesn’t even know, heck that, she doesn’t even know her real name. She knows almost nothing about her and yet there she is, sitting in class and being on the verge of crying because of how much she misses her.

Is it possible to fall for someone so hard within just a week of time?

It is, Rina thinks after a while. She is the living evidence for it.

Three days pass and it’s not even that bad anymore. Rina’s given up hope, even though it’s just three days; if she really cared, she would’ve already called, wouldn’t she? It’s not like there would be any proof of Yuihan being close to her. Maybe she doesn’t even like her that much, not even as a friend. Maybe, she doesn’t even mean anything to Yuihan.

That thought feels like she was being poked at by huge pieces of broken glass so she shoos it away instead.

On the fourth day, she goes to Starbucks even though the shop brings back some unwanted memories all involving Yuihan. It’s silly, but it reminds her of her talks with the girl and she’s been hesitating to come here ever since she had to give up playing.

But her headaches did disappear, so it’s not like it wasn’t worth it.

The queue is unusually long this time and there’s at least six other people in front of her before it would be her turn. She stands in the row with her arms crossed, one of her legs going up and down impatiently as she waits.

Finally there’s only one girl left and she watches her order a small beverage of caramel frappucchino and she’s only half-listening to what she’s discussing with Juri (the barista, Rina’s known her since high school and she’s always taken umbrage at her for never giving any discount) when she catches a familiar word that warms her heart and her attention is drawn.

She must be hallucinating.

But then Juri writes the customer’s name on the cup as the tradition goes and when she puts it down, there’s “Yuihan” on it.

It’s just a coincidence.

But as she steps aside a little bit to have a better look at the girl’s face, she thinks that this face is definitely one she could relate to Yuihan.

She has middle-length, raven black hair and blunt bags, a pair of glasses sitting on her short, but a bit wide nose which seems to be only for fashion purposes as it doesn’t have any lens. She can’t take out much of her face as she needs to avert her gaze if she doesn’t want to be caught staring and she feels a strong urge to say something, to mention the username Yuihan232 but she’s afraid that it really is a coincidence and the girl would just look at her, completely clueless.

“Ah, hello Ricchan!” Juri suddenly greets as she comes back with the steaming coffee and notices her, and that’s when the girl in front of her turns around, taking a curious look at Rina.

It’s her, something screams inside Rina, I’ve told her my nickname, and the realization hits her so hard that she’s unable to say anything or just move, even.

“Ricchan?” the girl asks and Rina almost faints when she recognizes the voice.

She realizes she actually did faint when the next thing she remembers is being hold in Yuihan’s arms, a collection of worried, random faces gathered around her.

“What happened?” she asks with a voice that sounds like more of a zombie’s and Yuihan lets out a barely audible, but undoubtedly amused chuckle.

“If I knew I was going to have this kind of effect on you I wouldn’t have come to visit.”

“No, no, I’m fine, I’m…” she says before finally processing what Yuihan said and she makes a surprised sound. “Wait, what?”

“Pull yourself together first, Ricchan, then we’ll talk.” She chuckles again, now not even trying to hide it. “You can all go away now, she’s okay,” she turns around to shoo all the annoyingly curious people away and they disperse one by one until there’s no one around her but Yuihan and Juri; her friend soon disappearing, too, after she makes sure Rina’s fine as she needs to get back to work.

Rina sits up, hesitating whether to stand up or not because honestly, she doesn’t really want to leave Yuihan’s arms.  But she knows that’s rather silly so ends up standing anyway, with Yuihan still having her hand on her arm as if securing a way to hold her again if she falls again and for a second, Ricchan almost intentionally does.

But only almost.

“Okay, so what is this all about?” she asks once she’s sitting at a table next to Yuihan.

“Well since you disappeared from the game and the phone number you gave me didn’t work…”

“What?” Rina frowns. “It didn’t work? You tried to call me?”

“Of course. But apparently, you probably made a typo in the number because no matter how many times I tried, it always said to be a wrong, non-working number,” Yuihan says and there’s a mocking smile on her face.

Rina stares for a short moment before covering her face with a hand, completely embarrassed. How could she ruin even just that one, but very important thing…

And she thought that Yuihan didn’t even care for her.

What a fool.

“So anyway, I did some investigation and Googling and stuff and I found the college I supposed you go to because there was a student named Kawaei Rina and based on your username, that seemed to be a bulls-eye,” Yuihan continues, propping up her elbow on the table and resting her hand in her palm, looking at Rina with such a penetrating look she has to tear her gaze away. “It was in the same ward as Akihabara, so I checked the district for Starbucks shops and there were only two, but one of them was far from any bus stops and kind of on the other end of the district so I took a wild guess and started here. And when I asked Takahashi, she said that you do come here often and that you two are friends. So I was right!” Yuihan announces with a wide, victorious grin but Rina is still confused.

“Are you like a private investigator or something?”

“I’m a detective assistant,” Yuihan says, her smile growing even wider when Rina’s lips part in shock.

“Wow… and you did all of this only to…” she murmurs but Yuihan cuts her off, nodding.

“To meet you. Well, I couldn’t just let you escape me that easily, right?” she chuckles and Rina’s like so cute, almost fainting again. “Besides, why do you not come online anymore?”

“The gear caused me intense headaches and the doctor said I need to stop if I don’t want to get a permanent damage,” Rina sighs and Yuihan’s amused expression morphs into a worried one.

“Are you okay now? Why didn’t you tell me?”

Rina bites down on her bottom lip. Should she tell her the real reason? It sounds embarrassing and rather silly now that she thinks back of it…

“Well…” she starts, avoiding eye contact. “I kinda wanted to see if you would try to contact me if I disappeared.”

Yuihan blinks for a few seconds before bursting into laughter. “You’re such a kid, Ricchan.”

“Yeah, um, whatever…” Rina lowers her head as an attempt to hide her flushed cheeks. “Anyway, is your real name really Yuihan?”

“It’s my nickname,” she says. “Which reminds me, that we never properly introduced ourselves. I’m Yokoyama Yui, a pleasure to meet you,” Yokoyama Yui extends a hand and when Rina shakes it, it feels surprisingly amazing.

“Kawaei Rina, same goes for you,” she smiles and seeing Yui smile back at her the same, happy way, feels even more amazing.

Offline bunny_rabbit

• Freudian Psychoanalyst???Why Not LOL
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Even in death, may you be triumphant
Re: [sunny's attempts] anchors away (yokoei)
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2014, 05:57:24 PM »
PW+SAO...nice one :on GJ:

now I really missed the old days when I spent hours playing MMORPG..,

Offline heysunny

Re: [sunny's attempts] anchors away (yokoei)
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2014, 11:44:14 PM »
flipside;
r*, ~3100w, yamamoto/watanabe (miyuki)

*trigger warnings: adult themes (but no actual action), swearing, suicidal themes

“That’s all you ever do. That’s your life mission! Going around and spreading your legs for every fucking person—”

There’s a loud, painful sound interrupting Miyuki as a hand lashes out on her in a slap. A flash of pain explodes in her cheeks as she covers the hurting spot, staring unbelievably and with flames sparking up in her eyes at the other, her teeth gritting against each other.

“You take back what you said, right now,” Sayaka’s voice is flat and demanding, but her eyes are just as filled with fury as the pair of the woman standing in front of her.

“Why the fuck would I do that?” Miyuki spits the words and instead of backing away, she takes a step closer to Sayaka, so that their faces would be as close as possible; their eyes piercing into each other’s like poisonous daggers, the warmth of their body caused by anger radiating, their hushed, irregular breathing being the only sounds interrupting the brief silence that settles in the room.

How many times has this happened before?

Miyuki’s already lost count after the fourth time.

Sayaka’s probably never really cared.

Otherwise, Miyuki probably wouldn’t have found her in that bar she herself had been a barista at for four years before she quit for Sayaka’s sake.

Sayaka’s sake.

She had sacrificed so much just to be together with her.

And what does she get in return? The sight of some random hooker having almost her entire fist buried deep inside her girlfriend’s pussy.

This shouldn’t be happening.

Then again, that’s also been said countless times already and it never changed a single thing.

“You won’t ever change, will you?” Miyuki whispers the words against Sayaka’s slightly parted lips and she gets a snort as an answer.

“And what about you? What about you randomly lashing out on me because something petty thing happened you took as a catastrophe?” Sayaka bursts out, her nose now brushing against Miyuki’s. “How many fucking times have you jumped at my throat for no fucking reason? How many times did I have to endure your constant mood swings? One day you would be murmuring love poems into my ear and the next day your hands would be strangling me,” she cries, the hand she had used to slap Miyuki in the face twitching again, but she suppresses the urge. “You’re no fucking better than I am.”

Miyuki doesn’t say a word. She’s not looking Sayaka in the eye anymore, her eyes are empty, as if staring right through her girlfriend’s body, right into nothing. She repeats Sayaka’s words over and over again in her head (“one day you would be murmuring love poems into my ear and the next day your hands would be strangling me”) and over and over again (“how many fucking times have you jumped at my throat for no fucking reason?”) until the room starts spinning around and she’s falling, falling into the depth of a pitch black mass of nothing and with every second and every repeated word the vacuum is pulling her closer in.

That is until she senses Sayaka’s usual scent of vanilla and soap mingled with a faint trace of rosewater and she remembers her arms tightly clutching around her, pulling her into an embrace that could cure all her problems, the wet, passionate kisses their lips shared and how each time Sayaka would knit her fingers into her thick, raven hair and push her body against her own.

And her eyes snap open (she doesn’t remember closing them) and the darkness is gone and she’s staring at Sayaka through the waterfall of her tears.

“But…”

And just a moment later, her lips are pressing hard against Sayaka’s and the older girl groans but it’s not an angry, rather a pleased one as she slams Miyuki against the nearest wall, their bodies colliding and their breaths speeding up, Sayaka’s teeth sinking deep into the younger’s bottom lip as her hand reaches under the waistband of Miyuki’s pants and right between her legs, and Miyuki moans a lustful approval as the pictures of their fight from a few minutes before are slowly being replaced by the sight of Sayaka’s head jerking back in pleasure or her arms sneaking up her body to grope her breasts and within a short period of time, everything is okay again.

“Say aaah~!” Miyuki smiles a toothful one, the cherry between her fingers flying towards Sayaka’s open mouth and the older bites on it, closing her lips around the other’s fingers and Miyuki lets out a soft shriek of pain but it lasts only so long until Sayaka kisses each of them, slowly, lovingly, warmly.

“That was mean!” Miyuki huffs, crossing her arms and putting on the face of a grumpy child whose candy has been taken away but Sayaka just laughs, wrapping her arms around the younger and pulling her onto her lap, leaning down to bury her face in her dark hair and breathing in the peachy scent of her shampoo. Miyuki hums in contentment as she slowly turns around in her girlfriend’s lap, facing the most beautiful woman she’s ever met and the thought of Sayaka being hers and only hers puts a wide, happy and proud smile on her lips. Sayaka raises an eyebrow in question of the sudden smile but Miyuki just cups her face and aggressively pulls her down for a kiss before the other could object, but of course, she doesn’t, why would she, and the world slowly disappears around them as they kiss, their intense emotions filling each they share. Miyuki lifts her head and pressing her hands against Sayaka’s chest, she pushes her down on the white-red checkered blanket laid out on the light green, completely fresh grass, hovering over her just to ask for another kiss and then another, and another, until they’re fully out of breath and they have to stop if they want to keep doing it in the future.

“Even the weather is rooting for us,” Sayaka mumbles against Miyuki’s hair as she strokes it slowly, and the younger averts her gaze at the clear, lively blue sky above them.

“I guess it does,” she chuckles quietly and turns to kiss Sayaka again when there’s a familiar ringtone interrupting them and the older glances at her bag placed only a few centimeters away from them, hesitating sitting upon her features as her arm twitches readily to reach for her phone and Miyuki notices it.

She kneads her eyebrows, a demanding look shooting at Sayaka as she hurriedly cancels the call of whoever Miyuki doesn’t know about.

“Who was that?”

“The new assistant of my boss,” Sayaka replies almost immediately, and there’s a “SUSPICIOUS” alarm going off in Miyuki’s head at the same instant. “She’s started two days ago and she seems to have developed an immediate dislike towards me although I have no idea how or why but she keeps trying to shove different tasks at me which should be her job.”

Her words – Sayaka’s words are so genuine, they sound so honest, but there’s something gnawing at Miyuki’s thoughts that doesn’t let her believe any of them.

Still, she just nods and lets her head fall back on Sayaka’s chest and she’s sure that the sigh leaving her girlfriend’s lips is a relieved one.

Sayaka’s already at the door when someone grabs her wrist and pulls her back.

“Please, don’t go…”

Sayaka tears her hand out of Miyuki’s grasp and faces her, keeping a one meter distance. “Give me one fucking reason good enough for me to stay.”

Miyuki looks at her girlfriend, her eyes starting to get watery and her voice cracking as she speaks. “Am I… am I not a reason good enough…?”

“You really do think so? Because I fucking don’t,” Sayaka snaps, her hand wrapping around the handle of the door. “You promised that you would stop. You promised that you would believe that I had stopped cheating on you and that we would try to live a normal life, a life every normal couple has not this fucked up relationship I don’t even know what it is about anymore because you completely fucked everything up. You kept your promise for two weeks. So why did you start stirring things up again? Why did you have to steal my phone? Why don’t you trust me just this once?”

“But… Sayaka…” Miyuki’s murmuring on the verge of crying, her knees trembling heavily as she tries to take a step closer to her girlfriend.

Sayaka’s expression doesn’t soften; it hardens ever more, if at all.

“I’m done with you, Miyuki,” Sayaka says in such a serious tone Miyuki’s never heard before. “I love you, but I can’t go on like this.”

Sayaka opens the door but Miyuki throws herself at her girlfriend, pushing the door closed again and her body against the older’s.

“Please, please, just another chance…” Miyuki stutters, her lips shaking more with every word she utters. “I’ll be good to you. I’m going to trust you. I swear to everything. I’m going to give you everything I have. I’ll be the best girlfriend you could ever asks for,” she breathes, her lips slightly touching Sayaka’s. “Please, please, please, please, please…”

Sayaka’s suddenly at a loss of words and all she does is just stares at the sobbing Miyuki, not remembering when she wrapped her arms around her trembling body. Miyuki leans into Sayaka’s embrace and showers the older’s neck with moist kisses, her warm breath against her skin like the sweet summer breeze on a fairly hot day.

“One last chance…” she mutters and Miyuki starts crying even harder, but this time it’s from happiness as she buries her face into the crotch of Sayaka’s tear-covered neck.

“I have… something to show you… it’s sort of a compensation for all the trouble I’ve caused…” Miyuki whimpers lightly, her voice only a whisper when they come out and she takes Sayaka’s hand, leading her into the bedroom and the older allows her, once again wondering why she keeps giving it another chance when she already knows it’s not going to work out, no matter how many times they try.

Miyuki asks Sayaka to sit on the bed until she leaves the room to get the present she’s prepared for her and the older waits patiently until the raven returns, her hands hidden behind her back and Miyuki’s face is lit up by a smile, a smile that’s not quite right as Sayaka notices, and yet, when Miyuki asks her to close her eyes, she obeys.

“I’m sorry…” are the words she last hears before there’s a huge thump against her head and the world goes to black.

When Sayaka wakes up, Miyuki’s already prepared for it. She sits at the edge of her bed, her legs wiggling in the air like a careless child’s while sitting on a bench in the park and she greets the confused Sayaka with a smile identical to the one the older had last seen and it’s the same, twisted, almost frightening smile that creeps Sayaka out.

“Good morning~,” Miyuki chirps in a surprisingly and somewhat morbidly happy voice and Sayaka wants to move, to reach out to her girlfriend to ask what happened and that’s when she realizes that she can’t – only one glance down at her body is enough to see that she’s been tied to a chair, both her hands and legs and no matter how hard she tries to break out, all she accomplishes is that the rope cuts into her skin, causing a tiny flow of blood escape.

“What did you do to me?” Sayaka asks, her voice as empty as her heart feels right now while she stares at the Miyuki she once fell in love with, the one who has her tied up in that very moment and even thought she could guess, she doesn’t know the exact reason why.

“You’re not leaving me, Sayaka,” Miyuki answers calmly, too calmly, that smile still lingering upon her lips as she stands up and takes a few steps closer to her girlfriend. “Not now. Not ever. We’ll be together until we die…” she murmurs and takes another step, gradually sitting on Sayaka’s lap with her arms sneaking around the older’s neck. “We were meant for each other. Don’t you see? So many ups and downs we had yet we still found our way back to each other. But today, today you broke your promise of never leaving me,” Miyuki says, a deep sigh erupting from her lips. “I had no other choice. I’m so, so, so sorry Sayaka.” Suddenly there are tears bursting out from her eyes as she gazes into her girlfriend’s whose face is filled with disgust and disbelief, emotions that crack Miyuki’s confidence a tiny bit.

“What happened to you, Miyuki?”

Sayaka’s voice is so cold and repulsive that Miyuki starts sobbing, her shoulders shaking uncontrollably as she hugs her girlfriend’s neck.

“I love you, Sayaka, I love you so much I can’t let you go, can’t you understand that? Won’t you?”

The older doesn’t reply for a while and the waiting kills Miyuki.

Why doesn’t she answer?

Does she… not love her?

“If I promise again not to ever leave you, will you untie me?” Sayaka speaks again and there’s hope sparking inside Miyuki upon hearing those words.

Yet, a slight look of disbelief is mirrored upon her features. “How do I know you’re being honest this time?”

“We’ll try?” Sayaka suggests, rubbing her nose against Miyuki’s. “Wouldn’t you stop me again if I tried to leave anyway? You would solve it somehow. Wouldn’t you?”

Miyuki nods after a short pause.

“Does that mean that you love me, Sayaka?”

“I love you so much,” Sayaka replies, and her voice is so warm this time that Miyuki immediately believes it. “Isn’t that why I’m offering this instead of starting to scream for help? Isn’t that why, as you said, we kept finding our way back to each other? Isn’t it what love is all about?”

Miyuki waits a few seconds, analyzing Sayaka’s every word, processing them one by one until she nods. Smiling. “Yes. Yes I guess it is.”

“Then untie me and let me prove it to you,” Sayaka says and Miyuki chews on her bottom lip.

“Okay,” she finally says, standing up. “Okay.”

She goes into the kitchen to get a knife and she cuts the ropes everywhere, freeing Sayaka who doesn’t run away.

Instead, she takes the knife out of Miyuki’s hands and hugs her, tightly, sighing into her raven hair and Miyuki squeezes her girlfriend as she fights her tears back, guilt gathering inside her and slowly eating her up.

When she wakes up the next morning, she immediately hears Sayaka’s constant breathing next to her.

But she turns around to check just in case, and indeed, her girlfriend is sleeping next to her, one of her hands locked around her own and Miyuki notices the deep cut the rope had caused and feels an immense amount of guilt.

She can’t swallow the knot that forms in her throat even after getting out of the bed.

What has she done?

Just exactly how far can a person go until it’s not sane anymore?

Has she passed that threshold?

Why exactly did she have to behave like she did yesterday?

Miyuki can’t shake all the negative and guilty thoughts off. She finds the cut ropes still lying around on the floor just where they had left them yesterday, and pictures of the incident keep returning to her mind, poisoning her every thought even further.

She tied her girlfriend up.

She thought of keeping her as a hostage just to keep her to herself.

Love isn’t supposed to be like that.

Miyuki realizes that her hands are shaking when she no longer sees them from the rapid movements and she tries to ease it but she can’t.

She reaches for the ropes on the floor, taking them and hugging them to herself as she waddles into the bathroom, the trembling has now overtaken her entire body.

Evil, evil, evil.

Insane.

Dangerous.

Miyuki shakes her head, her teeth going so hard into her lip that blood starts dripping from it, a few drops of it landing on her hands still gripping the ropes.

She closes the bathroom’s door behind her and waddles to the washing machine, stepping up on it and somehow managing to make it to the top of it, even though her knees keep threatening to give up on her even when she’s already standing on the device. Her eyes look up at the ceiling, pointing at the wooden support beam going across, just slightly lingering below the top.

There’s just enough space between that and the ceiling for the rope to fit through, Miyuki thinks.

She looks down at the ropes, starting to search for the longest one but making it a hard mission for herself as her hands still don’t stop its shaking but she somehow manages to find one that’s just perfect.

Is this the right thing to do?

It has to be.

She’s a danger to Sayaka. She’s not normal. She’s insane.

And this way, she doesn’t have to worry about not having Sayaka anymore.

It’ll end with the last memory of her being peacefully asleep right next to her on her bed.

Yes, that’s perfect.

Miyuki’s determined nod signals the start and she reaches up, trying to throw one end of the rope over the beam and after some struggle, she finally succeeds. She believed that the knot would be her hardest task but she finishes it within just a minute of time and she feels accomplished.

Sayaka can wake up anytime.

She needs to hurry before she does and would try to stop her.

Miyuki closes her eyes as she pushes her head through the hole she made.

She takes a deep breath, opening her eyes and stepping on the edge of the washing machine.

On the count of three.

“One…”

“I love you so much,” Sayaka replies, and her voice is so warm this time that Miyuki immediately believes it.

“Two…”

“Isn’t that why I’m offering this instead of starting to scream for help?”

Miyuki’s tears fall unstoppably, blurring her vision entirely and she has to bite down on her lower lip to prevent herself from screaming.

“Three.”

Miyuki takes a step forward, falling off of the washing machine in the same instant the bathroom’s door slams open.

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: [sunny's attempts] flipside (sayamilky)
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2014, 02:04:10 AM »
In the end, Milky finally gave up on trying to control the situation although both sides were responsible with their problems and finally concluding with a death

Good job :thumbsup
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline gyuchan

• Member+
  • a weird silent reader..... Alone alone alone
    • febb345
    • febygracet
    • +FebyGrace
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2014, 09:38:05 AM »
interesting author-san!! i love it :inlove: :inlove:

Offline RenshuChan

• Jurina's secret crush ~
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I know many people's secret, but they don't ~
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2014, 12:04:21 PM »
Miyuki is surely insane @_@
Great story!!!

Offline phancy

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2014, 04:32:44 PM »
Great one shot, I love fics with darker twist, wish it was a little longer though. To be honest I really like every fic from you, can't say anything bad about your writing style and you use pairings that are rare here, that's a big plus for me. Keep up the good work. :thumbup

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Mika Nakashima - Love No Cry