JPHiP Radio (9/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Kaze no La La La

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 486276 times)

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1580 on: June 20, 2008, 09:20:54 AM »
^ basically you can record it in .avi using CamStudio and then convert the .avi to .gif  :-X

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #1581 on: June 20, 2008, 07:57:45 PM »
Thanks, sh15uya!

I tried and failed miserably. I'll just stick with caps then. XD

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #1582 on: June 20, 2008, 08:35:20 PM »
^ I can try it for you if you want ?

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1583 on: June 20, 2008, 09:17:30 PM »
^ I tried CCCP but it didn't work with MediaController in Vista

Oh vistaCodecPack is awesome!!! thanks for the recommendation ^_^ I now have started alternating between using media center(for when I want to watch lots of video) and media player classic (when I'm just browsing around).
I don't use media center that often before, and I wonder, is there no way for us to skip to certain area in the video using the progress bar? all I've been able to do is fast forward them using the >| button...

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #1584 on: June 21, 2008, 07:32:20 AM »
Question, is it mandatory to use Vista's Media Centre or is it possible to disable or even remove it?

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1585 on: June 21, 2008, 08:15:47 AM »
Question, is it mandatory to use Vista's Media Centre or is it possible to disable or even remove it?
If you don't use it, why remove? The few MB's it would save on diskspace?
About the only thing I change was that it doesn't get the channel guide so it doesn't wake up at night to do that.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1586 on: June 21, 2008, 08:18:25 AM »
I don't use media center that often before, and I wonder, is there no way for us to skip to certain area in the video using the progress bar? all I've been able to do is fast forward them using the >| button...
In video files the next-chapter works as a 30-second forward skip, 'previous' is 10 seconds back. I have been looking for a 'goto 40%' I think I read somewhere someone made something for that, but the main thing for me is the resume, thats good enough.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1587 on: June 22, 2008, 06:22:49 AM »
I'm having a problem with my computer.  Don't know why but everytime i try to go on Yahoo.com, my computer, or at least that particular web browser froze up and when i exit it, an Internet Explorer error box pop up.  the internet works fine, i could go on different websites before, but only yahoo.com have this problem, i wonder what's the matter....

If anyone knows how to fix this, please contact me... thank you in advance.

UPDATE:  okay this is weird, right before i type up this message, this problem exists.  but after i post this message above, i try to go on yahoo.com, and LO! It works!  i dunno what's going on.  if the problems come back i'll just come back.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2008, 06:26:27 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1588 on: June 22, 2008, 08:06:00 AM »
^ There might have been a script on the yahoo website that locked up your browser.

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1589 on: June 22, 2008, 07:08:55 PM »
My stupid IE AND Firefox have some stupid virus in them (and I never even use firefox) but i think its about time I completely clean out my computer anyway.
Question: How do I uninstall windows xp & reinstall it?

Offline NAzu

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1590 on: June 22, 2008, 09:26:15 PM »
My stupid IE AND Firefox have some stupid virus in them (and I never even use firefox) but i think its about time I completely clean out my computer anyway.
Question: How do I uninstall windows xp & reinstall it?
You just format the drive that has the OS (for example C:) from the Windows setup menu. To get to the Windows setup you need a bootable Windows cd. There are quides in various websites how to make a cd like that. Once you have the cd you just go to the bios (usually by hitting delete when the comp is booting) and from there you choose "boot from cd". Then the comp boots from the Windows cd and you can acces the Windows setup. From there you format the drive that contains the OS and install a new one.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #1591 on: June 23, 2008, 03:43:10 PM »
Just want to add, sometimes when you try to install xp, it will not be able to detect your harddisk, if this happens you will need to have a floppy disk with a SATA raid driver in it that is compatible with your motherboard (my friend say you can even insert the driver to a flash drive but I've never tried that). and then when the windows cd is booting up it will say on the bottom of the screen "press F6 to install 3rd party sata driver". do so, and then it should recognize your drive.

However I think this problem only occurs on old motherboards, because my PC is around 3 years old and it needs the driver, however recently I've put together a PC for my office and it was able to detect the SATA drive without me having to install any driver in a disk.

Oh and don't forget to double check and backup any important data on C! I always miss a few things and end up regretting after I reinstall windows >_<

Good luck!

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1592 on: June 23, 2008, 06:49:47 PM »
However I think this problem only occurs on old motherboards, because my PC is around 3 years old and it needs the driver, however recently I've put together a PC for my office and it was able to detect the SATA drive without me having to install any driver in a disk.
Possible, newer BIOS's by default show the SATA drives as 'IDE compatible', also using a XP SP2 as startup CD helps, the origional XP (from 2001 already!) couldn't even see disks >127GB.
(not that they where even available in consumer PC's at that time)

Oh and don't forget to double check and backup any important data on C! I always miss a few things and end up regretting after I reinstall windows >_<
Always, alsways make backups first :)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #1593 on: June 23, 2008, 09:39:13 PM »
yeah everything is backed up on my external... this sounds a lot more complicated then it was for my laptop, lol... i'll give it a go when I get back next week if its still not going right... thanks guys :)

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1594 on: July 05, 2008, 10:06:41 PM »
anyone knows of any good free audio converter that could convert any or most audio files into .mp3s? 
to be more specific, i want to convert 128kbps to 320kbps mp3 into a lower, 64 or 48kbps mp3s. and also do it in batches or folder, not one by one. 

also, i want to convert .flac to mp3s as well.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2008, 10:16:28 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline ~Dan~

• Happyyyy~~~
  • Member+
« Reply #1595 on: July 05, 2008, 11:11:57 PM »
anyone knows of any good free audio converter that could convert any or most audio files into .mp3s? 
to be more specific, i want to convert 128kbps to 320kbps mp3 into a lower, 64 or 48kbps mp3s. and also do it in batches or folder, not one by one. 

also, i want to convert .flac to mp3s as well.

Dbpoweramp can do all that and more.  You'll also need to download codecs for it here for the different filetypes you'll want to convert.
Someone I recommended this to complained that it was a trial version and it stopped being able to encode to mp3 but mine still works several years later, maybe because I've got LAME installed so it uses that instead?
Sig gone. Tinypic is no more.

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1596 on: July 06, 2008, 03:07:08 PM »
All right, thanks for your help, ~Dan~

UPDATE:  okay, i have a another problem...
My Windows Media Player (10 and 11) somehow won't read a file in my library and playlist that have a unique characters.  i.e. ℃, and also japanese characters.  i dunno how to explain this....
so if there's a unique character like ℃in the name of the music file (not the title, but the name)  It's okay if it's in the title or artist, it will play.  it will also play if i just open the file manually. 

there's only a problem if I were to save it to a playlist, and it won't retrieve the info or the file. it seems to not recognize the files.

now this didn't happen to me before, it was find, but then I rebooted my computer and then this happen.  I guess there's a plug-in or a codec or something that I'll need to install, but i have no clue. 
Hope anyone heres knows and could kindly inform me...
please and thank you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 07:31:22 PM by BigDnm01 »

Offline doinkies

• Wotadoink
  • Member+
  • Reinadoinkies! <3
« Reply #1597 on: July 06, 2008, 11:44:59 PM »
On some webpages with text in Japanese (as well as JPH!P posts with copied and pasted Japanese articles/text), I've been having problems with display of full-width numbers and colons. They show up as weird mojibake. This first happened last year and it happens in Firefox. Here's an example of it from when I first discovered it:

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? I can't find anyone who has this problem.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2008, 11:48:59 PM by doinkies »

Av and sig courtesy of genericpaperdoll! ~ H!P fangirl since 2001!
Click my dragons!

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1598 on: July 11, 2008, 02:08:42 AM »
I'm need help with my USB memory stick.  It's a SanDisk Cruzer Micro 4.0Gb

When I was having some trouble with my computer, I decide to reboot my computer and so I save some files on the USB stick.  Then after the reboot, I can't open my files on the USB stick. Everytime I hook it up to the USB port, the computer freeze for a time then it say it can't read it, nothing can be done, I also tried to use it on a different computer, same thing.
I need help as to what to do, although i do want to retreive my files, but if formatting the only way, then it's fine as well.  only i can't format it.
No access, nothing, only the computer slows and freeze for a time, while trying to access the USB stick, then It pops up an error and say it can't open it, it tells me to format, but i can't do that as well.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1599 on: July 11, 2008, 07:21:54 AM »
^ If the stick was not removed properly (or just failed), it might have some internal error.

Some USB sticks have a special 'low level' test/format/init program (on disk or downloadable) they can re-init the stick.

JPHiP Radio (9/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kuraki Mai - Kaze no La La La