JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Thu Dec 09 2010

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1002906 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1540 on: September 30, 2011, 05:43:40 AM »
Just beat Gears 3.  The last fight was more of a multi-tasking nightmare!

Offline Deft-Monkey

• Banana Picker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Just like my basement's anti-escape mechanism
« Reply #1541 on: September 30, 2011, 06:19:23 AM »
I saw an ad for this on a website and knowing that some of you are Shin Megami Tensei fans, I thought I'd post this here. An SMT MMORPG:
MegaTen: The Story

THE BEGINNING

“There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy.”

In the 1990s, mankind was delving into many new technologies that only a few short years before would easily be discounted to the realm of science fiction, one of which was the concept of Teleportation - taking living matter, processing it into data, and placing it in another location in one piece. These experiments would unknowingly lead to the death of one era and the birth of another.

OPENING PANDORA'S BOX

“Pleased to meet you, I’m a man of wealth and taste.”

Data comes from everything - matter, information, actions, inactions… even mythology, imagination and beliefs. This is when strange beings began to soon arrive made up of this data, earning the name Demons. Causing turmoil across the globe, some masqueraded as saviors or bringers of change, influencing man one way or another to destruction. While a few learned of this truth and fought against it, they were too late…

THE BATTLE FOR HEAVEN AND EARTH

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
 InterContinental Ballistic Missiles were launched across the globe and the world as man knew it was wiped out in the blink of an eye. But this was not the end. In the events after what was later known as the Great Destruction, a new world was taking form…

In time, the actions and choices of several young people in the demon world and our ruined earth made it into one where Mankind, not those of Gods and Devils, would be able to guide and build as he saw fit. One of both freedom and order. Many of the survivors of this new era lived in large underground shelters known as “Homes”. Lead by the Seven Wise Men, Man journeyed out of its artificial womb and constructed a great tower over the charred ruins of a once great city and was called Shinjuku Babel.

IMAGINE A NEW AGE

“Become the change you seek in the world.”

After years of relative peace, three obelisks recently appeared around the Tokyo area, altering the land around it and bringing with them a surge of Demons to again test man. You are a rookie Demon Buster, one who allies with demons and fights those that run amok, training on the outskirts of Tokyo.

Why do you fight...?

How do you accomplish your goal...?

Who do you ally with...?

What do you want to achieve...?

These are questions you must soon face, as you take your first steps into a larger world…

http://megaten.aeriagames.com/info/newsmt

Even though I've played my fair share of MMOs, this still looks fun to play with friends.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, 06:31:03 AM by Deft-Monkey »

Offline heiji

• ecchi
« Reply #1542 on: September 30, 2011, 07:30:38 AM »
I think I'll be pissed off when the PS4 is launched. Mostly because I feel that I haven't gotten satisfactory use out of my PS3. Sure, there have been some good games, but I don't get the feeling that it's done enough to move on to the next level. The PS2, on the other hand, had certainly delivered to the utmost extent when the PS3 was released. I guess a part of me knows that I don't play games as much as I used to and that there's a slim chance of me getting a next generation console.

I disagreed. There's plenty enough good PS3 games as it is. And I always thought of PS3 as a stopgap console. It's more powerful than Xbox360 but not powerful enough. PS4 at least would be sure to use actual 1080P for rendering. How many PS3 games are internally rendered at that? Are there any at all?

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1543 on: September 30, 2011, 12:19:15 PM »

I think I need this shirt  :)

http://shirt.woot.com/friends.aspx?k=18828

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1544 on: September 30, 2011, 07:11:09 PM »
@HartAKL85: Duly noted. I just need the money to buy them now.

I wanna play Minecraft.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1545 on: October 01, 2011, 02:24:18 AM »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Kid_Alpha

• Jerk Kouhai
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • (」゜ロ゜)」
« Reply #1546 on: October 01, 2011, 03:22:54 AM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1547 on: October 01, 2011, 12:42:11 PM »
I bough FIFA 12. First thing I did was sell Carrick :lol: Still contemplating on accepting City's £44m offer for Vidic. It's a great game, I think it handles better than the demo did. Gonna take a while to get used to the dribbling and defending, but it feels noticeably different from FIFA 11. Liking it a lot.

If you aren't a patient man, then don't watch the Quick Look of the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection on Giant Bomb. Poor Brad has no concept of the grip meter and struggles to find out why he can't beat the first colossus :lol:
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 02:59:27 PM by Tuffty »

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #1548 on: October 01, 2011, 02:54:27 PM »
If you aren't a patient man, then don't watch the Quick Look of the ICO/Shadow of the Colossus Collection on Giant Bomb. Poor Brad has no concept of the grip meter and struggles to find out why he can't be the first colossus :lol:

I'm playing Ico first but gave Shadows a quick try and...Yeah i couldn't get very high because he kept falling off. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1549 on: October 01, 2011, 03:03:35 PM »
^ It's all entirely about looking at the grip meter (the pink circle that contracts and expands). You want to make sure you have enough grip to climb up to where you need to go. If you can see the circle contract far enough down, you'll lose all grip and fall. See the little platforms that jut out of the 1st colossus' back? If you're able to climb up there and stand on them, just stay there until your grip meter is all the way back to full. You should have enough to get to it's main weak point and do the business.

Make sure and stick with it, it's a fabulous game that only gets better.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #1550 on: October 01, 2011, 09:22:59 PM »
Just wait till you get to Gaius. That's when I was like "THIS FUCKING GAME GOT DAMN!" I was also one of those people that liked the journey to find the Colossi the best part. People say the world is boring but I found it fascinating. I never could get into ICO as much but Shadow of the Colossus, masterpiece.

When you see the little lizards with white tails make sure to kill them and collect the tail, they increase your grip meter. Also shoot the fruits out of trees and eat them to increase health. By the end you can have a ridiculously large grip meter and health bar. If you really get into it (like I did) you can earn some cool items like a glider, invisibility cloak, interesting and powerful weapons and more.

Here's a nice review/retrospective.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 09:41:46 PM by zoolander »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1551 on: October 01, 2011, 10:20:43 PM »
^ I remember doing a replay earlier this year, so I started the game with my old finished save that had max grip and life.
It still felt hard even though I could hang crazy long. XD

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1552 on: October 02, 2011, 11:33:24 AM »
If Ico/SotC HD Collection was on Xbox it would be an instant buy for me, but since I played the originals for PS2 the loss is not that big.

In other news... it's so much more satisfying to win a grand prix in Sonic All Star Racing with your Avatar as driver  XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1553 on: October 02, 2011, 12:25:06 PM »
You can dual wield guns in Resonance of Fate! This game just got way more awesome! :w00t:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1554 on: October 02, 2011, 03:42:48 PM »
So many great games coming out in the next couple of months - I think I need to actually finish a few of the ones I'm playing soon.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1555 on: October 02, 2011, 08:28:45 PM »
I've a question for you all, as some advice would be much appreciated. I've a 20GB HDD for my 360 at the minute but have been thinking about upgrading to a bigger hard drive. Wasn't a problem when I got it at first, but with the increasing number of good XBLA games and DLC out, it's eaten up all the space I have. Looking ahead, I've my eye on the next L4D2 DLC and the VF5 release next year, but I don't really want to delete more stuff off this HDD to make room.

So with that in mind, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer profiles/game saves/XBLA games and any other stuff on the HDD across to a larger one? I've looked and seen lots of different theories and methods, but I just wanna know if anyone here has done it first before I go any further and maybe put my mind at ease.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1556 on: October 02, 2011, 08:30:05 PM »
I haven't done it, but I know it's possible.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1557 on: October 02, 2011, 10:01:27 PM »
^^ I've bought a cable from a game shop to do it and it worked.
My first 360 red-ringed, and I bought an Elite afterwards. So I moved the files to the bigger HDD with it.

The cable had one head for the 360 HDD, and a USB head on the other (it came with a website URL on the packaging, for a site to download the software).
Then just stuck it to my PC, copied the files to the PC, then move to the new HDD.

So it can be done. :)
But I don't think I had any XBLA games then, so you should check on that. Course, keep the original HDD to fall back on.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1558 on: October 02, 2011, 10:42:24 PM »
So with that in mind, does anyone know if it's possible to transfer profiles/game saves/XBLA games and any other stuff on the HDD across to a larger one? I've looked and seen lots of different theories and methods, but I just wanna know if anyone here has done it first before I go any further and maybe put my mind at ease.

I've done it as well when I upgraded to the new 360 from the old one. I just connected the 20gb HDD to the new 360 with the transfer cable and it worked easily. All the things I wanted to move did. No fuss.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1559 on: October 02, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
Just beat Just Cause 2. Open world craziness game slot now open for Saints Row the Third next month. Now onto Heavenly Sword or Force Unleashed.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - Kuro's Hawaii Show Thu Dec 09 2010