JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - H!P Musix Blox Sat Mar 13 2010

Author Topic: Thailand Bans YouTube  (Read 6567 times)

Offline nop

• Member+
Re: Thailand Bans YouTube
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 03:03:39 PM »
Google said that it will teach Thai government to block individual video and webpages.  It has been one week already and Google still do not give the needed technical know-how.

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 05:11:47 PM »
lol I don't know why people are so Anti-Youtube.

I mean hello, free PR. Especially if you make it into the top 20 most viewed.

Offline ugdream

• Member+
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2007, 03:49:27 AM »
 I live in Thailand.
I don't understand what  Thai gonernment is trying to do.
They cencorship not only Youtube but also other internet sites..........
sucks..............

Offline harlock

• Not Sick of Sayumi
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2007, 04:06:58 AM »
I am from Thailand. I can bypass and watch YouTube.  I support the censorship of webpage insulting monarchy, however.  YouTube and Google self-censorship for Communist China. Most Thai Citizen want to preserve Monarchy Institution.   IF Google is fair and don't self-censorship everywhere in the world, I will accept that. 
    There is censorship in China, Western Germany, so internet is not for free afterall.  If one shout Bomb in US, he probably will be in a lot of trouble and get deport from US. 
     I hope that Thai government learns to censorship individual page (about Monarchy insulting) in YouTube. I will be happy then.

No one will -ever- be deported from the US for saying something. Doesn't matter what is said. Oh and wtf, this sux for Thailand. I sometimes take for granted the liberties we have over here in America.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:13:36 AM by harlock »

Offline TydusArandor

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2007, 04:08:47 AM »
I've found this site when I was wandering around, I think it's possible to access YouTube (and any other banned site?) from it: http://youtubeproxy.org/.

I don't think this is that bad compared to China banning YouTube and Wikipedia. It's for a similar reason too, if I remember correctly. Does anyone know if the ban in China has been lifted yet? I don't keep up with the news x_X. But anyways, banning one of the most viewed sites in the world just because of a video is pretty silly.

Offline eynjel18

• Sayumi Daisuki
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SAYUMI MICHISHIGE CUTE FOREVER!!!
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2007, 05:07:12 AM »
They shouldn't block Youtube. They should just report the videos that they don't want to circulate on the web. But I guess once posted at Youtube, it could be converted easily and save on the hard drive.
I LOVE SAYUMI MICHISHIGE FOREVER!!!

Offline nop

• Member+
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2007, 05:13:29 AM »
They shouldn't block Youtube. They should just report the videos that they don't want to circulate on the web. But I guess once posted at Youtube, it could be converted easily and save on the hard drive.

Government reported to YouTube to take this down. But YouTube refused to do so. So Government blocked whole YouTube. Just tit-for-tat. Insulting head of state is not offensive enough for YouTube.   Too bad - different culture, different priority.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #27 on: April 24, 2007, 10:44:04 AM »
Good example what happens when the old coots run the world.

I hope Thailand gets it democracy back soon so they can vote these guys off.
coot is ctz

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #28 on: April 24, 2007, 11:37:25 AM »
lol. Like other govt would do it differently. Taksin would prolly say "youtube is not my father!"

I don't think this is that bad compared to China banning YouTube and Wikipedia. It's for a similar reason too, if I remember correctly.
From waht I heard, youtube has given in to China and went with their rules. So they've lost some points in that in some people's eyes. And maybe they're trying to gain it back using this case.
What's so hard about deleting 1 clip? Not like they never deleting anything before. They've been deleting clips left and right and even accounts. At first there was just one clip that the govt reported to youtube. They refused to take it down. After that, more clips start to appear. So banning the whole site may be the best solution.

Offline freakz

« Reply #29 on: April 24, 2007, 02:00:09 PM »
exactly, what thai's govern thinking about banning youtube???
this is just free video streaming and i've got many anime from that....
lucky me i'm not in thailand  ;D ;D
really...really sucks XDXD

Offline mikey009

• Leon is Da Shitzue
« Reply #30 on: April 26, 2007, 07:19:40 PM »
way too extreme to ban youtube over a video of some1 spray painting over their kings picture

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2007, 02:27:00 PM »
lol. Like other govt would do it differently. Taksin would prolly say "youtube is not my father!"
From waht I heard, youtube has given in to China and went with their rules. So they've lost some points in that in some people's eyes. And maybe they're trying to gain it back using this case.
What's so hard about deleting 1 clip? Not like they never deleting anything before. They've been deleting clips left and right and even accounts. At first there was just one clip that the govt reported to youtube. They refused to take it down. After that, more clips start to appear. So banning the whole site may be the best solution.

They aren't getting enough Thai money. That's why deleting one clip is s too difficult. I don't like giving in to China either... But I hope they someday realize that banning Internet sites doesn't really solve anything.
coot is ctz

Offline kwanleekwan

• Member+
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2007, 03:02:01 AM »
Luckily, I am not in Thai.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 96 kbs)     Now playing: kuro - H!P Musix Blox Sat Mar 13 2010