JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Mi Shi De Zhu Fu

Author Topic: Official NHL Thread  (Read 559185 times)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #660 on: January 28, 2007, 06:48:36 PM »
R.I.P. Mr. Worsley :ONprayers:

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #661 on: February 07, 2007, 04:26:15 AM »
ZACK STORTINI SCORES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #662 on: February 07, 2007, 04:32:30 AM »
oh shuush, its only 2:2. We are going easy on you XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #663 on: February 12, 2007, 09:17:46 AM »
DAmmit.. WTF. LAst year Oilers totally pwnd the NuckS!! WTF!! :evil:

6 points outta 1st! and a play off spot. SHIT The West is a bitch! We end up beating the fuck outta each other and some shitty Cinderella Sunbelt team comes and steals the Cup from us and then goes into banktuprcy. Which team will it be THIS YEAR!! FUCK!!

uggh, solid wins over road weary clubs. 2-1 over Hawks, 5-1 over Hotlanta. But lost more guys to injury....no Laraque, and guys like Pisani and Stoll get knocked the fuck out. Wish they would change the sked, Atlanta and Edmonton always gets chippy! Hartley sending in da goons !!

Geez. Longest road trip of the year. Can't wait for Feb 27 tho!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #665 on: February 18, 2007, 01:04:52 AM »
^ That sounds nuts. Preds gave a up A LOT, and their not likely to gamble like that. Forsberg sure ain't the same as he used to be but he could set up fuckers like whoa. Hope he stays healthy.

psssssh Leafs celebrating their 67 team. Bring out the b/w footage and senior citizens. Names that don't even ring a bell. Where's the Drydens? Orrs? Who cares about the original 6.

COME ON OIL!!! DESTROY DEM LEAFS!!!

ETA:

FUCK! that was post 666 in this thread :evil:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #666 on: February 18, 2007, 05:01:20 AM »
Aw man...so close. Oilers drop another one 4-3. Sundin, damn - baldie just overpowered Steve Staios. When ur best player is a rookie (Pouliott) -- Oilers best be sweating.

Sure missing Stoll and Pisani in the lineup, Leafs out-face off'd the Oilers 79-21% at one point.

Anyone see the hit on Shannahan....brutal. looked so innocent, but he landed on his head. :o

Just the other nite, he spit out his chiclets. That's a HOCKEY PLAYER.

Offline UserNamePls

• ecchi
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #667 on: February 19, 2007, 06:15:53 AM »
Canucks right now! 5-4 go Canucks go!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #668 on: February 23, 2007, 11:08:32 AM »
WHOA! Bumpage where the fuck did I leave off. Oh yeah. Oilers dumped Marc Andre Bergeron for some Russian chump.

Tough losses...fuck Oilers finally win one! ONE! game 4-0 over the Jackets.

I STILL BELIEVE THO!! A major deal is gonna go down next week....just beat Minnesota a few times, Calgary is floundering. ground can be picked up!@!! And sign Smyttie alrady :evil:

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #669 on: February 24, 2007, 03:13:02 AM »
FUCKIN CHRIS NEIL FUCKED UP DRURY!!!

EMERY IS GANGSTA!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #670 on: February 26, 2007, 01:59:00 AM »
^ That was so funny...Emery's look like "should I? YEAAAAH!!!"

WOOOOOOOO what an adrenaline win over the Red Wings Friday. character builder..fuckin Cromwell and his full cage goon hit

but :doh: falling waaaay back now against the Wild and NW. A little home cookin should do em good.

WHOA...trade deadline is gonna be crazy. or a dud. WTF Atlanta loading up with Zhitnik and now Tkachuk. Good luck fools!

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #671 on: February 28, 2007, 01:00:27 AM »
OH SNAP!! OILERS LOST RYAN SMYTH!! CAPTAIN CANADA IS GOOOOONE!!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #673 on: February 28, 2007, 02:29:25 AM »
I felt bad for the oilers dude. thats like the dumbest trade next to Bertuzzi to MoTown and getting shitty players in return. At least there will be a good rivalry going on between the NUcks and Red Wings

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #674 on: February 28, 2007, 10:37:08 AM »
SMYTTTIEEEEE NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

I'm still totally numb ah. I txt'd my boy KT as soon as I heard on the radio. I wanted it to be a joke.

I still got a little hope he resigns in July 1. WHY WHY WHY. :evil:

And they played like shit with a bunch of fuckin AHL guys. I don't care if they use the money to pay some big UFA in the summer. Ryan Smyth gave his blood sweat and tears for this city and franchise.

I know Kevin Lowe was thinking hockey ...but it still was a SHOCK and blow to the nuts. All the superstars we traded, we never got full value. They never equalled a Stanley Cup....well maybe the Gretzky deal got the pieces for the 1990 Cup. But fuck -- who Oilers get for Doug Weight? Bill Guerin?? FUCK YOU CBA!! No wonder everyone booed Bettman when Lowe decided not to show up for the Messier TRibute.

Thank you Ryan Smyth for all the good times, no one wears a mullet like you

ARRRRGHH!!!!!!! I feel like taking this out on someone..../me looks for Flames fans

See ya bandwagonners!!! I STILL BELIEVE and will be going to the autograph session this Sunday.

Offline ctz

• secret archeologist
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #675 on: February 28, 2007, 02:13:12 PM »
Niklas Bäckström was the number one star -player last week! Yay for that!

Too bad I don't know the current NHL top players anymore... Neverheard about this Smythe... :(
coot is ctz

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #676 on: March 01, 2007, 08:22:33 AM »
^ and he fucked the Oilers chances to getting the playoffs. Man, I thought when the Wild lost Fernandex Oil could get a chance.

I'M NOT GIVING UP!!! Listening to Kevin Lowe...man they were only apart by a few 100 thousand?? Sure...u can grab a few RFA via trade, or a big UFA --but  the grit and intensity. The dedication. Man...loyalty means nothing these days.................

Today's press conference really choked me up.

VIDEO: http://www2.sportsnet.ca/video/latest/20070228_Tearful_sendoff_for_Smyth
AUDIO: http://www.630ched.com/news/news_local.cfm?cat=7428109912&rem=59637&red=80110923aPBIny&wids=410&gi=1&gm=news_local.cfm

An emotional Ryan Smyth says farewell to Edmonton a day after being traded

ROBIN BROWNLEE
Wednesday, February 28, 2007

EDMONTON (CP) - Ryan Smyth is off to Long Island but he says his heart will always be in Edmonton.

The star winger had tears rolling down his cheeks Wednesday as he spoke publicly for the first time since the Oilers dealt him to the to New York Islanders after 11th-hour contract negotiations between GM Kevin Lowe and agent Don Meehan fell through.

"This is not what my family and I had in store," said Smyth, who met with the media at the Edmonton International Airport. "This city is like home to me and my family. We've been here for 12 years. I never thought I'd come to this day."

After 770 games with Edmonton, Smyth's ticket out of town was punched when the sides couldn't bridge what sources say was a US$300,000 a season financial gap on a five-year deal. It's believed the Oilers offered $5.4 million a season while Meehan was asking for $5.7 million.

With that, Lowe pulled the trigger, sending the 31-year-old from Banff, Alta., to the Islanders for prospects Robert Nilsson and Ryan O'Marra and New York's first-round pick in the 2007 draft. With Smyth due to become a free agent July 1, Lowe didn't want to risk losing him for nothing in the off-season.

"I've got to turn the page and get a new chapter in life," said Smyth, who was traded on the same day another star Oiler - Mark Messier - had his jersey retired at Rexall Place.

"The Islanders have given me that opportunity and I thank them for this," said Smyth. "I'm going to go there and (do) my best to make the playoffs and win that Cup so I can bring it down here to Edmonton. That's where my heart is."

Smyth missed the much-anticipated ceremony for Messier, who was one of his heroes growing up as an Oilers fan.

"I shed a few tears at home," Smyth said. "It was very tough for me. Obviously, all those guys I respect on and off the ice. Seeing those old retro jerseys, that hit home a lot. That brought me back to when I was a kid again."

Selected sixth in the 1994 draft, Smyth's story had been that of an Alberta boy made good with the five-time Stanley Cup champions. It was a tale scripted on and off the ice.

The longest-serving Oiler and the team's leading scorer when traded with 31 goals and 53 points in 53 games, Smyth was as well-known for his charitable pursuits in the community, notably with the Stollery Children's Hospital, as for his dogged determination in front of an opposing goaltender or battling in the corners.

"You go there and you appreciate life when you go there and see kids who don't have an opportunity to do what we do," Smyth said of the association he and wife Stacey have with the hospital.

The first player on the ice and the last one off it, Smyth had a routine before every game - home or away - during his 12 seasons with the Oilers.

He'd gather three pucks when the pre-game skate was done and toss them to young fans before heading back to the dressing room. Smyth was as big-hearted with children as he was fearless in front of the net, tipping shots and taking a beating from defencemen.

"My wife and I, we tried to broaden out to the community," he said. "You're embedded in the community because of the profession we're in. We wanted to reach out to different charities.

"Kids really touch my heart. The Stollery was one of them pretty much from the get-go."

Smyth is expected to make his debut with the Islanders on Thursday against the visiting St. Louis Blues.

Dubbed Captain Canada for his many appearances in international competition - he participated in seven consecutive world championships and is this country's all-time leader in games played - Smyth overcame a badly broken right ankle during the 2001-02 season to win a gold medal at the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake.

During last spring's Stanley Cup playoffs, Smyth took a puck in the mouth from teammate Chris Pronger. He spit out three teeth, went to the dressing room and returned after a few shifts with his jaw frozen to deaden the pain. Then, there's the pain of what unfolded Tuesday.

"It's really tough to swallow," said Smyth, who bid farewell to teammates at the rink Wednesday morning. "I've gone through a lot of emotions. You look back . . . if Wayne Gretzky can get traded, anybody can get traded, but, obviously, I didn't think it would ever come to that.

"I hope the best for the Oilers, but I've got to move on and try to win a Cup."

Offline taiyou

• Member+
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #677 on: March 01, 2007, 11:31:26 PM »
Man sorry to hear the Smyth got traded Daigong. :doh: I don't know if he's your fav player or not, but let me tell you that I know how you feel when Selanne got traded to sharks 5 years ago, and I never gave up hope and that he would come back. Didn't know it would take 5 years though, since he said he want to be back to anaheim the next year wtf.
And yea Oilers got piece of shit for Weight, Guerin, and Smyth. :evil: I still remember when that line used to be so crazy, weight feeding to Guerin :D

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #678 on: March 04, 2007, 06:56:29 AM »
Yaw man. I live and die with my boys taiyou, and Smyttie really represented a lotta aspects of the old Oilers. GRIT. Just tears me up seeing him get points on Long Island. WELL Selanne did return, and loved being a Duck! so there's hope YET! I'm a go vote in this CBC HNICpoll in the meantime lol:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/after-hours.html

and now the Oil dropped a huge one at home to the Flames again. At least Pisani scored a few, Lupul gets a bad wrap-- but he set up that last 2 on 1 to make it 2-2.

AUTOGRAPH SESSION TMR at the Mall!! I'm still going!!! Gotta show em my support!
http://www.edmontonoilers.com/news/index.php?id=1028

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
Official NHL Thread
« Reply #679 on: March 04, 2007, 07:20:28 AM »
Quote from: daigong;321722
I'm a go vote in this CBC HNICpoll in the meantime lol:
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/hnic/after-hours.html
Just stuck in my vote. :thumbsup

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Alan - Mi Shi De Zhu Fu