JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Europa

Author Topic: Perfect Blue: An appropriate anime for the jph!p  (Read 3001 times)

Offline fsw

• Power Master
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Oh! Miwaaaaaaaa!
Perfect Blue: An appropriate anime for the jph!p
« on: July 07, 2007, 01:00:38 PM »
One of my favourite animes, and absolute recommendation for everybody here: Perfect Blue

From: AnimeNFO.com http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,293,hsvrhw,perfect_blue.html

Pop singer Mima Kirigoe looks forward to a bright new career when she quits her chart-topping trio to become an actress. When she lands a role in a sexually-charged murder mystery, Mima's life begins to fall apart. Reality and hallucination merge into a terrifying world where innocense is lost and dreams become nightmares.

Quickly descending into a dangerous state of paranoid delusions, Mima watches as internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life. She is helpless and afraid as her associates are threatened and killed by a mysterious stalker.

In the tradition of Alfred Hitchcock and Dario Argento, director Satoshi Kon (Memories), special advisor Katsuhiro Otomo (Akira) and Madhouse Studios (Ninja Scroll) bring Youshikazu Takeuchi's thrilling suspense-novel to the screen in a tour-de-force that brings animation to a bold new level.

Essentially about a jpop idol as she tries to become a more respected artist / performer / actress.

Seems very appropriate to me.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
Re: Perfect Blue: An appropriate anime for the jph!p
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2007, 10:01:22 PM »
I saw this years ago. It's really good.

Offline A1

• The Original Caramel Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 11:18:00 PM »
One of my favorite anime movies! I still have it on VHS.

Offline Blu-Cherri

• Figure of Sorrow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Figure of Loneliness
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2007, 07:59:38 PM »
I saw this accidently years ago because my TV listed the wrong age rating.  In England its an 18(i saw a DVD) but TV said PG so I watched it at the age of..about 10/11
That said I still thought the storyline was really good I just had to skip some parts cuz..well I was little and it was creepy at the time.
I kinda wanna see it again so I can appreciate it properly and try and figure out what the hell was going on, i like it when films have a bit of confusion and thinking about afterwards though.

set made by me
Here's me singing and dancing!
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2007, 08:30:52 PM »
I remember this movie.  Specifically I remember watching the pizza delivery scene (you know the one) and thinking OH JESUS CHRIST THAT HURTS TO WATCH  :lol:

Pretty good flick, I may have to track this down later and watch it again.

Offline fsw

• Power Master
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Oh! Miwaaaaaaaa!
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2007, 09:38:01 PM »
It's the kind of movie you need to see twice to really appreciate what's going on.

It was just so bizarre. It left my brother and I at the time a little baffled but it is a really good film.

Offline Dronak

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 05:02:47 PM »
I have this movie on DVD.  It is pretty good, but it's been a while since I last watched it.  The idol theme does seem like a match to the board here.

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Girls` Generation - Europa