JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - It`s all too much

Author Topic: The SNSD General Discussion Thread  (Read 1851052 times)

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• Right now it's... KKANGPAE SHIDAE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Does Don Jess have to slap a bitch?
Re: The SNSD General Discussion Thread
« Reply #4600 on: April 01, 2010, 09:01:49 AM »
Now that you brought that up, I remember seeing this acting school website listing Yuri as one of their students who got accepted into universities, so they still do have training outside SM. So, exactly what kind of training does SM give the girls these days? I imagine at least singing lessons?
As far as I know, SM Academy (what they call as the "school" I guess for the SM Trainees) have a school for singing, modeling, dancing, acting, management (...i am so up for this...), writing (lyrics I'm assuming), and I think there's another one but I'm not sure.
As far as I know, you usually get a teacher/tutor and depending one what level you're at, you may have a personal teacher. I think Johann (if I remember correctly, it's been a while) personally trained Jessica and Taeyeon and I'm sure that was towards the ending of their trainee years when they knew for sure they were gonna debut as singers.
I have no idea if you pay to be a trainee, but yeah, if you're rich, I'm sure they wouldn't mind training you if you couldn't pass the auditions or competitions  :P
Yuri and Sooyoung at Chung-Ang U's party;
http://img191.imageshack.us/img191/632/10032226yurisooyoungchu.jpg
eta: lolz. I just read that thread again, and it said that Yuri played a lot of games and almost got drunk. XD
LOL I'm behind on IY so I just watched the episode where she admitted to Seulong that she's not a drinker and so she gets drunk easily. For her to be drinking at someone's party (was it filmed?) seems a bit odd cuz she won't even drink while Sunny drinks on IY... Seems out of character lol
Then again, you lose a game, you lose a game and Yuri's a game player so she probably took the punishment like a good sport.

>>MORE ABOUT ACHIEVEMENTS HERE<<
>>Poor Seobaby @school<<  :lol: "Can I haz yo number?"
-O_sLaVe
>>LIFE ~is just another story~2008/12/26<<
Please Spread The Love; Pervy Thinkers Association

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #4601 on: April 01, 2010, 09:10:47 AM »
Some of those are pretty good.  XD A few more here.

SNSDChina

tanggur

soshivn

sosiz

thsutleo

seople

hyomurous

Didn't Sorry Sorry sell like 300k or something? Sales like that would ruin their chance of winning a disk daesang. The girls only won last year in digital because Gee was such a big hit, but now they're back to the old SM trait of not-so-stellar digital sales (still very good, muc better than most but not as spectacular as their CD sales). And other acts from other companies tend to do better in digital. Their only chance seems to be the CD sales which wil probably lose to the big boybands.

This is cool. Their history;

http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/7550/snsd201032.png

It has everything; Discography, awards, pre-debut gigs, shows they've been on, CFs, sales numbers, etc.

By the way, I heard before that training at SM wasn't free? Like people kept saying that these girls had to be somewhat rich to be trained at SM. Or is it different with 'training at SM' and 'be an SM trainee'?

Well on Hanteo Sorry Sorry was at 123,000 for 2009 ~ 2010 while Oh! is currently at 118,000 not sure about the repackaged sales (didn't SJ have like 4 of them or something?) RDR was at 34,000 up to the 28th. SJ probably sells better outside Korea but domestically I would guess it's about equal. Someone estimated real sales of Oh! are projected to 280,000 as it currently stands but could reach 300k.

For digital it's impossible to do what Gee did anymore since they changed the way they do a lot of the charts. They fluctuate from day to day more now and are based on various criteria along with sales. Last I saw (yesterday) RDR was still #1 daily on 2 of the 4 big online charts and was #1 for the week on every major chart (I think SM must have pulled their artists from Mnet's site because they aren't even on the list there  :lol:). I looked up the Brown Eyed Soul song that passes them and thought "ok that's a great song" :shocked: Even taking Gee out of it there are probably only a couple groups that do as well digitally.

My take on the "training". It seems more like an after school program where you can do what you want, take language classes ect. Then as you start getting close to debut and doing showcases and what not that's when the "training" starts. So even if you say Jessica has been in SM for 7 years she probably didn't start realistically preparing till 04 05 or so when they started putting the group together. I also remember hearing most of the training in SM is related to dancing and preparing for showcases ? Some inside people said Stella and Jang Ha-jin left because the dance training was so intense and they were having a hard time getting their skills up to par. Soyeon also left later on because the training was getting so intense.

I also heard Jessica and Stella were supposed to be the center girls of the group and were the favorites of LSM.

and they won another award at Korean Music Awards a couple days ago too. I guess it's considered pretty prestigious. :thumbup

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #4602 on: April 02, 2010, 07:53:47 AM »
This one is good, lol.

Offline kingleo

• Member+
« Reply #4603 on: April 02, 2010, 03:21:29 PM »

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4604 on: April 03, 2010, 01:06:35 AM »
^ That is a very expensive room which I hope they have insured!
But wow! Thats a lot of dedication, mad props to them :bow:

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #4605 on: April 03, 2010, 06:49:04 AM »
 :shocked:

I hope that place has a really good security system, in case some crazed fan(not me) attempts to steal the stuff in there.

A Soshi Museum + lounge - I wouldn't mine paying a visit if it actually becomes a reality. Vancouver, huh? It's not that far from where I live. Just have to make sure I bring my passport with me everytime I go there.  :D

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4606 on: April 03, 2010, 08:07:08 AM »
Well on Hanteo Sorry Sorry was at 123,000 for 2009 ~ 2010 while Oh! is currently at 118,000 not sure about the repackaged sales (didn't SJ have like 4 of them or something?) RDR was at 34,000 up to the 28th. SJ probably sells better outside Korea but domestically I would guess it's about equal. Someone estimated real sales of Oh! are projected to 280,000 as it currently stands but could reach 300k.

For digital it's impossible to do what Gee did anymore since they changed the way they do a lot of the charts. They fluctuate from day to day more now and are based on various criteria along with sales. Last I saw (yesterday) RDR was still #1 daily on 2 of the 4 big online charts and was #1 for the week on every major chart (I think SM must have pulled their artists from Mnet's site because they aren't even on the list there  :lol:). I looked up the Brown Eyed Soul song that passes them and thought "ok that's a great song" :shocked: Even taking Gee out of it there are probably only a couple groups that do as well digitally.

My take on the "training". It seems more like an after school program where you can do what you want, take language classes ect. Then as you start getting close to debut and doing showcases and what not that's when the "training" starts. So even if you say Jessica has been in SM for 7 years she probably didn't start realistically preparing till 04 05 or so when they started putting the group together. I also remember hearing most of the training in SM is related to dancing and preparing for showcases ? Some inside people said Stella and Jang Ha-jin left because the dance training was so intense and they were having a hard time getting their skills up to par. Soyeon also left later on because the training was getting so intense.

I also heard Jessica and Stella were supposed to be the center girls of the group and were the favorites of LSM.
I know SEM is all about pleasing the fans, making statements that they're still awesome, and raking in the dough... But what I don't understand is why SME chose to release a repackaged album so early on... I mean, didn't Oh! come out in late January? And RDR came out late March? I feel that if SME didn't release RDR so shortly after Oh!, Oh! would have had more sales.

Me, being a cheap bastard, didn't purchase Oh! right away. In fact, I didn't purchase it at all, I was going to wait about a month or two so I could have enough money to buy more albums at the same time. So if there were more others like me who decided to wait a bit and then got hit with the RDR/Oh! Repackaged album, of course I'm not going to buy Oh! anymore, I'm gonna go for RDR. Why? RDR has posters and new songs added to the original track list. So now SME just sold himself short 34K sales for Oh! because he released RDR so quickly. If he wanted to bank on Oh! and still take in more sales for charts, he should have waited like most companies. I've never seen such a quick repackage before.... But then again, it's not just SME anymore, I think JYPE's 2AM and Mnet's T-ara did the same...

Either way, now the girls are going to have to compete with a butt load of people this year. BoA, Se7en, Hyori, Rain, Brown Eyed Soul, Big Bang, possibly Wonder Girls, possibly KARA (though i don't know how competitive that will be since DSP doesn't do so well after FINKL), possibly 2NE1, possibly Davichi, possibly Super Junior (don't know if they're gonna have an album this year) possibly SeeYa, possibly SG Wannabe... and I don't know if there are any others that I missed. Either way, those are either big candidates or big names that have won it once before and have a good chance of winning it again.
And now that LSM has screwed SNSD over with this speedy RDR release, who knows what's gonna happen!

Also, I wonder how hard the training really is. I mean, I know I joke around about Jessica being a lazy cow (no, seriously, she is though  :sweatdrop:)  but she's mentioned before that she was very much afraid of the camera and she herself said that she never thought she could sing (until Tiff pushed her to do so). So why stay for seven years of hard ass training if you were unsure of yourself and lacked a very important trait? So now I guess I'm second guessing my answer from before... maybe the girls are bound to a contract as trainees? Or maybe a select few? Or maybe the trainees that SM scouted are bound but those who take lessons because they had to audition or they paid aren't bound by contract?

WTF is this... lol

http://zanza-snsd.livejournal.com/7025.html
I was shown this dude's blog once before, and I thought it was crazy even through just pictures. now there's video proof XD
He/She bought like 15 RDRs just to get all the posters (failed though).

ANYWAY: no idea why some of the names on here are still on this list as some are weeeeellll over 25 and shouldn't be happy about this.
Quote from: seoulbeats.com
TOP 20 FOREVER CUTE IDOL STARS:

1. Jaejoong (TVXQ)
2. Donghae (Super Junior)
3. Sohee (Wonder Girls)
4. Eunhyuk (Super Junior)
5. Taemin (SHINee)

6. Tiffany (SNSD)
7. Sungmin (Super Junior)
8. G. Dragon & TOP (Big Bang)
9. Yunho (TVXQ)
10. BoA
11. Leeteuk (Super Junior)
12. Kibum (Super Junior)
13. Sunmi (Wonder Girls)

14. Taeyeon (SNSD)
15. Dana (CSJH The Grace)
16. Yoona (SNSD)
17. Hongki (FT Island)
18. Heechul (Super Junior)
19. Shiwon (Super Junior)
20. Kyuhyun (Super Junior)

Quote from:  snsdkorean.wordpress.com
Bossa747 released some new rumors for us today on his twitter! Just interesting to read and keep y’all updated. And no before anyone freaks out and thinks I’m here to pull a prank again, I’m not. These really are just rumors :)

Rumor 1 (that is apparently 98% true now): Taeyeon’s practicing guitar for performing “Goodbye Day” in her musical [PLAYING GUITAR?! +1000000000 points in my book.]
Rumor 2: Jessica’s musical officially ends at 7PM May 5th at Daegu Opera House.
Rumor 3: Jessica or Tiffany may make a cameo appearance as an agent in drama Athena. (all I gotta say is…agent? hot.)
Rumor 4: There will be a minialbum in August-September, after they finish Asia Tour.
Rumor 5: Concert DVD will be released in summer. But Bluray is cancelled.
Rumor 6: There will be another DVD with the girls’ performances and MVs.

and according to bossa : If you ask the rumors’ reliability. I’d say it’s not so high atm. We should wait until it’s finally confirmed.

>>Short fan account, SooYoung and Yuri's party experience, and the girls are loud<<

:lol: I pray for the poor souls that actually read my long ass posts
-O_sLaVe

Offline drifoy

• w 0 n k y f ! 3 d
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • SHADDAP!!!
« Reply #4607 on: April 03, 2010, 08:43:38 AM »
wow that's a big ass post...let me grab a beer...

that guy shouldn't have kissed her!!! :knee:
I :heart:Reina and Seo Hyun | I :heart: Kpop

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4608 on: April 03, 2010, 11:17:47 AM »
"TOP 20 FOREVER CUTE IDOL STARS:"
Cute? Some of the names made me lol.

Never heard about rumour#3. I kept hearing it'd be Yoona still.

I always thought that they had 2 contracts; pre-debut and post-debut. Look at Yoona and Soyoong, they had lots of jobs pre-debut, there must've been some kinda contacts.

Long list of artists coming back, but I can only see Big Bang and SJ as competitors, but maybe the other acts can surprise me and have big CD sales, who knows?

New reality show on Y-Star;

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #4609 on: April 04, 2010, 12:49:43 AM »
I know SEM is all about pleasing the fans, making statements that they're still awesome, and raking in the dough... But what I don't understand is why SME chose to release a repackaged album so early on... I mean, didn't Oh! come out in late January? And RDR came out late March? I feel that if SME didn't release RDR so shortly after Oh!, Oh! would have had more sales.

Me, being a cheap bastard, didn't purchase Oh! right away. In fact, I didn't purchase it at all, I was going to wait about a month or two so I could have enough money to buy more albums at the same time. So if there were more others like me who decided to wait a bit and then got hit with the RDR/Oh! Repackaged album, of course I'm not going to buy Oh! anymore, I'm gonna go for RDR. Why? RDR has posters and new songs added to the original track list. So now SME just sold himself short 34K sales for Oh! because he released RDR so quickly. If he wanted to bank on Oh! and still take in more sales for charts, he should have waited like most companies. I've never seen such a quick repackage before.... But then again, it's not just SME anymore, I think JYPE's 2AM and Mnet's T-ara did the same...

Either way, now the girls are going to have to compete with a butt load of people this year. BoA, Se7en, Hyori, Rain, Brown Eyed Soul, Big Bang, possibly Wonder Girls, possibly KARA (though i don't know how competitive that will be since DSP doesn't do so well after FINKL), possibly 2NE1, possibly Davichi, possibly Super Junior (don't know if they're gonna have an album this year) possibly SeeYa, possibly SG Wannabe... and I don't know if there are any others that I missed. Either way, those are either big candidates or big names that have won it once before and have a good chance of winning it again.
And now that LSM has screwed SNSD over with this speedy RDR release, who knows what's gonna happen!

Also, I wonder how hard the training really is. I mean, I know I joke around about Jessica being a lazy cow (no, seriously, she is though  :sweatdrop:)  but she's mentioned before that she was very much afraid of the camera and she herself said that she never thought she could sing (until Tiff pushed her to do so). So why stay for seven years of hard ass training if you were unsure of yourself and lacked a very important trait? So now I guess I'm second guessing my answer from before... maybe the girls are bound to a contract as trainees? Or maybe a select few? Or maybe the trainees that SM scouted are bound but those who take lessons because they had to audition or they paid aren't bound by contract?

-O_sLaVe

I think SM was either trying to avoid the Rain/Hyori/2NE1 comebacks, and/or paving the way for f(x), Shinee, and Super Junior to finally make their comebacks. They aren't putting much effort into promoting RDR at all since it was only #16 on Mubank last week, so I think SM is satisfied with the numbers they already got with Oh, and are now turning their focus to their other groups, who do have to compete with Rain and Hyori and everyone else. And they'll need SNSD to focus on their concert tour too instead of new song promotions which won't be in the concert that much.
Plus they can use that new reality show now to keep SNSD relevant while they're gone. And since it'll have tons of archive footage SNSD doesn't even need to do anything for it.  :lol:

Training: But didn't Hajin say her debut was all but assured? Same with Soyeon, since the Super Girls lineup is still considered the most famous pre-debut lineup. So these two at the least chose not to debut right before debuting, which I doubt a trainee contract would allow.
In addition, I remember that in Jessica's case, they gave her a year of probation training to get over her camera fear before formally taking her on as a trainee. So I'd think that year gave Jessica the confidence she needed to become the HBIC trainee that pranked Yuri with fellow Senior Trainees Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.  :twothumbs Not to mention SM originally casted Krystal first but her parents thought she was too young. So there would be the looming threat of being overshadowed by the little sister driving her too.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #4610 on: April 04, 2010, 08:15:37 AM »
TBH I waited to order the repackaged album since I knew it would have at least an extra song and the packaging couldn't be worse than oh!'s goofy-random-retro bull crap.

You guys. :lol: The reason it was low on the K-chart is because the album wasn't even released yet for that time period, and only a couple days worth of digital points. Plus I think they gave the viewer preference points to oh! which was 4th. So basically just a couple days of digital points and they were still in the top 20.

I remember before the album even came out the word was the second song (and presumably the repackaged album) would come out soon after the first. They also said the second would be a short promotion. I think the plan was to release after Rain, Hyroi, 2NE1, Son Dam Bi came back to undercut them (they already had the cover and video shoot done back in January for flexibility) but since it was taking so long they just said "ah fuck it" and decided to put it out so they could still have time to focus on to other things afterward. Supposedly it wasn't targeted to be a Juggernaut song but instead one that reached a different demographic.

Had the music shows not been canceled this week they would have easily broken 20k on Mubank and had an outside shot at a new point record. But they'll win next week. It's nice to win the weekly awards but in reality they are arbitrary. It's a shame they are a gauge of a success for some people.

For the training stuff I don't know how set in stone anyone could think debut was. It seemed like it kept getting pushed back and a lot of people were added and plucked out of the roster at every stage. Heck even with the current line up they were supposed to debut in the spring 07' but that was pushed back. I think the only ones that were in the project from the first showcase and made it all the way to now were Yuri, Jessica, Hyoyeon, Sooyoung and Seohyun. I guess they were the core of the group. :P

Here's a relatively recent picture with Sooyoung and Stella. At least after she got the short hair.

For that forever cute thing, doesn't that mean stars that are old but still cute? Like where is Narsha? Here's another random poll I saw. No Narsha on this one either? :?
A poll has been conducted in Korea recently to find out the ranking of the top 30 female idols in Korea.Take a look at the results of the poll below!

1:Lee Hyori (Fin K.L)
2:Tae Yeon (SNSD)
3:Yoona (SNSD)
4:Sung Yuri(Fin.k.l)
5:So Hee(WG)
6:JESSICA (SNSD)
7:Sun Ye(WG)
8:Tiffany (SNSD)
9: Eugene(SES)
10:Goo Hara(kara)
11:Ye Eun(WG)
12:YURI (SNSD)
13:Ok Joo Hyun(Fin.k.l)
14:Uee(afterschool)
15:Seo Hyun (SNSD)
16:Yoo Bin(WG)
17:Seung Yeon(Kara)
18:Ji Yeon(T-ara)
19:Sunny (SNSD)
20:Soo Young(SNSD)
21:Sandara Park(2NE1)
22:Ji Young(kara)
23:Ga Hee(afterschool)
24:Hyeo Yeon(SNSD)
25:Park Bom(2NE1)
26:Eun Jung(T- ara)
27:Nicole(Kara)
28:Joo Yeon(afterschool)
29:CL(2NE1)
30:Park Gyuri(kara)

Translated by Kacey @ Daily K Pop News
http://www.dkpopnews.net/2010/04/info-top-30-female-idols-rankings.html

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #4611 on: April 04, 2010, 08:32:27 AM »
Long posts are long.

I belong in the camp of "competition helps everyone" and with all these acts currently or preparing to release material, I would have thought that SM would have done thing differently to combat everyone. But the timing of the major releases after Gee has always disproved me. It's one thing to have a good idea, its another to have a good idea at the right time. While I still maintain Echo over RDR in my opinion, it just seems like they are hurt from their own timing.

But again, SM seems to make it our alright. And again, I shut up because I am no fucking A&R.

Edit: I just read my shit again, and I make no sense to myself lol
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #4612 on: April 04, 2010, 08:51:37 AM »
That DKpopNews poll is fishy in so many ways. Apparently it came from Baidu with no cited sources or anything, and the relative rankings of a whole bunch of people makes no sense, even accounting for the poll taking place in earlier 2009.

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #4613 on: April 04, 2010, 09:31:32 AM »
Was it from 2009? Just one of those thousands of random duam/internet thingies. Although the votes in this one actually seem pretty high (if not a bit suspiciously consistent). It would be a decent sample size unlike some others I see with like 2000 total votes and get turned into an article.

Kpop seems just as obsessed with polls as the political universe is around here.  :panic:

Here's that Tiffany fan again. XD

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #4614 on: April 04, 2010, 11:26:03 AM »
These long posts do not help my headache XD
I like to live in a fantasy world & not think about the behind the scenes things (besides the hot sexy time they have back at the dorm). The ins & outs of the business ARE reality but if I focus on them I get blinded to why I became, and still am, a fan. Ironically, I brought up the training thing :lol:
I've said this before, but it does really irk me that SNSD sell so easily etc now based on their name & looks... I want them to get the recognition for their talent which we all know is pretty huge for each girl in different ways. It no longer matters how the song sounds or if the girls even try to do well (which they always do, don't get me wrong), slap their names and faces on it and watch the money and awards (weekly i mean) roll in. I know thats the way of the business but I can't shake the feeling of uneasiness I get from it, especially when at times, SNSD might not be the most deserving, but they will come out on type regardless.
Its more than just the way the business is, its the way life in general is.

I'm ranting coz I'm majorly tired and have a headache, I'll stop before I keep going and piss people off XD But yeah, sometimes I feel almost heartbroken by it. I don't think its only coz I'm such a huge fan of other girl groups and have this jealousy thing going on (which I think I do at times) because I want these 9 girls to be remembered and honoured for the right reasons too... Sigh, now I will actually shut up coz I'm not getting it across the same way I feel :lol:

Offline tamatron

• Evil Super Villain
  • Member+
  • Arse Gratia Arse
« Reply #4615 on: April 04, 2010, 05:08:42 PM »
The reason it was low on the K-chart is because the album wasn't even released yet for that time period, and only a couple days worth of digital points. Plus I think they gave the viewer preference points to oh! which was 4th. So basically just a couple days of digital points and they were still in the top 20.
Yep. I might get called an SM apologist for this but based on the release dates, I think it's obvious that they didn't give that much of a damn over the weekly awards. Usually, they'd release the song online on Monday to garner as many points for online sales as they could, then release the CDs on Friday on the same week coz they could easily have high points with just 3 days, and then with Oh!, come back on MuBank one week later, so a win on the first stage would be guaranteed. This time, they released it on websites on Friday then made a come back then released the CDs on Monday, that's 2 weeks with no CD points.

And I don't know how they can have a competition really when people keep pushing away their comebacks.

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
« Reply #4616 on: April 04, 2010, 08:45:46 PM »
A poll has been conducted in Korea recently to find out the ranking of the top 30 female idols in Korea.Take a look at the results of the poll below!

1:Lee Hyori (Fin K.L)
2:Tae Yeon (SNSD)
3:Yoona (SNSD)
4:Sung Yuri(Fin.k.l)
5:So Hee(WG)
6:JESSICA (SNSD)
7:Sun Ye(WG)
8:Tiffany (SNSD)
9: Eugene(SES)
10:Goo Hara(kara)
11:Ye Eun(WG)
12:YURI (SNSD)
13:Ok Joo Hyun(Fin.k.l)
14:Uee(afterschool)
15:Seo Hyun (SNSD)
16:Yoo Bin(WG)
17:Seung Yeon(Kara)
18:Ji Yeon(T-ara)
19:Sunny (SNSD)
20:Soo Young(SNSD)
21:Sandara Park(2NE1)
22:Ji Young(kara)
23:Ga Hee(afterschool)
24:Hyeo Yeon(SNSD)
25:Park Bom(2NE1)
26:Eun Jung(T- ara)
27:Nicole(Kara)
28:Joo Yeon(afterschool)
29:CL(2NE1)
30:Park Gyuri(kara)

Translated by Kacey @ Daily K Pop News

I like how Sandara Park is #21, lol.  And wow at SoHee being so high up after not promoting in Korea for a while.

Offline Rayle

• Member+
« Reply #4617 on: April 04, 2010, 09:51:29 PM »
I like to live in a fantasy world & not think about the behind the scenes things (besides the hot sexy time they have back at the dorm). The ins & outs of the business ARE reality but if I focus on them I get blinded to why I became, and still am, a fan. Ironically, I brought up the training thing :lol:
I've said this before, but it does really irk me that SNSD sell so easily etc now based on their name & looks... I want them to get the recognition for their talent which we all know is pretty huge for each girl in different ways. It no longer matters how the song sounds or if the girls even try to do well (which they always do, don't get me wrong), slap their names and faces on it and watch the money and awards (weekly i mean) roll in. I know thats the way of the business but I can't shake the feeling of uneasiness I get from it, especially when at times, SNSD might not be the most deserving, but they will come out on type regardless.

I'm ranting coz I'm majorly tired and have a headache, I'll stop before I keep going and piss people off XD But yeah, sometimes I feel almost heartbroken by it. I don't think its only coz I'm such a huge fan of other girl groups and have this jealousy thing going on (which I think I do at times) because I want these 9 girls to be remembered and honoured for the right reasons too... Sigh, now I will actually shut up coz I'm not getting it across the same way I feel :lol:

Yeah, this is the downside to their having such a large devoted fanbase: they'll snap everything up that gets released by SNSD, which just decreases SNSD's credibility with the rest of the general public, further alienating the sales to a dwindling wota base...you know, like H!P?  :lol:

Offline Owaranai_sLaVe

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4618 on: April 05, 2010, 09:30:10 AM »

Yeah, this is the downside to their having such a large devoted fanbase: they'll snap everything up that gets released by SNSD, which just decreases SNSD's credibility with the rest of the general public, further alienating the sales to a dwindling wota base...you know, like H!P?  :lol:
@Lollipop - You took the words right out of my mouth. I've been thinking about that for quite some time really. But at the same time, like let's say for the dance battle shows, SNSD never wins those things... And sometimes they're against people that can't even dance at all! So yes, SNSD's lost their credibility as talented people so that when it's time to show off talent, people don't pay attention to it. Instead, they want SNSD to drop that serious side and shake their asses. Cool, everyone likes a jiggle, but still, I came into Kpop knowing that while people showed hot stuff, I was getting talent. And as much as I love SNSD, I'm afraid what Rayle  said is all too true.
I really hope SNSD's talents aren't just overlooked because they've already built up credit points from Gee. If that's the case, then we'd be right... SME will forget about marketing them properly and we'll just get random/unsatisfying crap just to make money quickly. I think SME knows exactly what's going on and so tehy're trying to milk every dime they can from SNSD as quickly as they can.
Call me a sour puss, but I blame this on the small mistakes that SME has made that no one realized were mistakes till now. Like BoA never coming back to Korea? I know she made good money in Japan and some cashflow in America... but then you put DBSK in Japan as well? Yeah, also good cashflow, but now you have more and more people to pay in Japan and so either way, you're not making as much money as you thought you were making. If they all had stayed in Korea or at least spent more time in Korea, they would have made just as much money because everyone knows they're money makers too.
But of course, now everything's being put on SNSD... And now we get crap. Okay, I don't mean it like their new stuff is CRAP, but... I mean, they haven't been living up to standards for a while now in my book.

I think SM was either trying to avoid the Rain/Hyori/2NE1 comebacks, and/or paving the way for f(x), Shinee, and Super Junior to finally make their comebacks.
[...]
In addition, I remember that in Jessica's case, they gave her a year of probation training to get over her camera fear before formally taking her on as a trainee. So I'd think that year gave Jessica the confidence she needed to become the HBIC trainee that pranked Yuri with fellow Senior Trainees Hyoyeon and Sooyoung.  :twothumbs Not to mention SM originally casted Krystal first but her parents thought she was too young. So there would be the looming threat of being overshadowed by the little sister driving her too.
HO MAN! You're right (on both the releases and the training)! that makes total sense. Heh, I guess they just wanted to beat the crowd?
Well, I guess it's better to have pushed the RDR release sooner than later beacuse if they had waited until after all these April/May comebacks, people might have lost interest in the entire Oh! album. Unless of course they were to promote RDR later, but of course, that wouldn't be possible if BoA, SuJu, Eff of Ex, and SHINee were to come back... Whatever, I still demand BoA and SNSD together on stage!! :banghead:

TBH I waited to order the repackaged album since I knew it would have at least an extra song and the packaging couldn't be worse than oh!'s goofy-random-retro bull crap.

But they'll win next week. It's nice to win the weekly awards but in reality they are arbitrary. It's a shame they are a gauge of a success for some people.

Here's a relatively recent picture with Sooyoung and Stella. At least after she got the short hair.
http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/7867/2rcrg2q.jpg
I can't lie, I said the same thing about Oh!... I thought I was the only one lol. Everyone seemed so excited about it and I just cringed. All that curly hair... wth... and the weird bangs... Just doesn't fit!
I know it's arbitrary for the girls now, but I seriously like it when people I'm rooting for win :lol: so hey, maybe they like it too. And as sad as it is that it's a big goal to win a weekly award for some, I think in SNSD's case, it still shows that people still like their music (:roll: even if it's lost some substance)

WAIT, they still meet up with old trainees? I know Hyoyeon got in touch with Min (that JYPE trainee that Hyo used to take classes with. Min is/was Lil John's future success but after JYPE started making silly decisions, who knows what happened to that little bundle of talent) but I didn't think that old trainees came back to hang out. Especially someone like Stella who went back to the U.S. to study...

If you read all of that fun and interesting stuff up top, here's a present!
I skimmed: >>Sunny has awesome English, as expected. Yuri's humor makes her a hero. TaeYeon doesn't like RDR?<<
I read only the first two paragraphs: >>The girls are sick again -_-<<

-O_sLaVe

Offline zoolander

• Member+
« Reply #4619 on: April 09, 2010, 09:43:37 AM »
I more meant the way the scoring is done is arbitrary. Like the director chooses what weight to put on certain categories, or just picks what winner they want in some cases. But I saw they canceled Music Bank again this week (wth?! time to get on with life kbs) so have to wait till next week. They might actually only win once with all the cancellations. And I'm sure they appreciate winning still, although I heard Taeyeon said on chin chin the SNSD girls voted for Beast and wanted to see them win next week. :huhuh I also didn't mean to downplay the weekly awards as an a accomplishment. What I meant was weather a song doesn't win much as far as those awards, or wins a ton isn't always the best measure of success.

I do think SM does a good job keeping them active and in the public conscious. But they also do some things that make me wonder wtf they are thinking sometimes. Like the no win stuff they've been having Yoona do. Cinderella man (middling drama with no real hook on short notice after 2 other actresses dropped the part and as a character out if her age range) and Family Outing (after the writing was on the wall with first seasons ratings trended south and MC Yoo leaving along with a format change)

Plus the things they put resources towards seems off. Like those concert videos that will be seen a few thousand times are all awesome high productions so I expect a step up to the next level. Then the actual promotion videos which are meant to be seen tens of millions of times and  encourage people to buy something are the same "one dance set ->another slightly different dance set ->set where they do something along with closeups in that set" format they always do. No fancy cinematography no interesting post production like the concert stuff. On top of that they screw up the styling trying to get too out there rather than what looks good. I mean they say it's sports theme for oh, 9 girls, yet it never occurs to do baseball hats and unis? smh But hey at least we get 75 different color versions of the odd 1940's football uniforms and non flattering basketball-cheerleader-varsity jacket mash ups. -__- Don't get me started on the hair, still haven't recovered...    /way too serous rant

That said I think the album itself is pretty awesome. Really well put together and has 8 or 9 really good songs that are in my rotation. And I like the RDR album art.  :thumbup

Another staff account from the Ramyun commercial.
Samyang CF shoot staff account

"I don't know if you remember me but I posted a staff account when I worked as a staff on the first SNSD Samyang Ramyun CF shoot... I participated again in the Jeju island Samyang Ramyun CF that is airing now.

On the screen it looks sunny and full of spring atmosphere but actually the shooting condition that day was adverse and the filming was delayed many times.

There were three different concepts, the custom-made 9-person bicycle scene, the picnic scene and the customary ramyun eating scene..

I'll talk about the bicycle scene which was the most memorable, Taeyeon was most helpful in this one

The filming was delayed due to heavy wind and meanwhile the girls were playing around excitedly the two managers couldn't control them... Then Taeyeon helped set up the bicycle and seemed to be telling the members to get ready for the shoot and instantly things became in order hahaha

Some of the wheels didn't turn too well and people had to push and try it different ways. Then Taeyeon with her small body at the front was pedalling hard by herself exclaiming it's like biking in the sky in full speed, and the SNSD girls and the staff were all breaking out big laughters hahaha

Ah and the SNSD members really like the Bubble Bubble song hehe
There was scene where they had to roll on the ground with happy faces but the actual condition was freezing wind so everyone was really cold going in. The members sang the Bubble Bubble song together in high piched voices... then they played around doing all sorts of parodies. These girls have so much fun playing among themselves, throughout the hours-long shooting

But each of them are small so three, four of them would get themselves in a blanket and warm themselves. Then when the camera starts they leave the blankets to the manager and their expressions turn to the sunny spring expressions, just the ones ordered by the director hehehe
As professional models it's expected but still I was amazed as I was standing there freezing wearing a thick jacket

I didn't know this before but the making films have to get permission from SM before getting released. There are many lovely cute moments in this difficult shoot but unfortunately for fans the whole long making film doesn't seem it's going to be released.

It's something people were often talking on the set that Samyang is very pleased with increased sales of Samyang Ramyun from the SNSD effect

I've worked with SNSD before and again this time but I think I can guarantee that SNSD's sky reaching popularity is not a flash-in-the pan hehe
They are such professionals yet well-mannered and like I said last time, one of very few celebrities that make us staffs happy to be working with them

ps

Some of you pm'ed me about their health. As I remember Sunny and Jessica seemed to have hard times. Taeyeon was ok during shooting but near the end she didn't look that well... Yoona and Seohyun was just running about everywhere... the manager said they're healthy because they're the younger ones hehe

Yuri fell down hard on her butt in the scene where she was walking backwards, everyone was startled and ran to her. Then the other girls jumped on top of her and the girls were rolling on the ground together hehehe I felt it last time too but these girls are so extreme when they horse around...

And I forgot to add... the girls first gave us staffs warm can coffees which were meant for them

And in the ramyun eating scene I don't know if this one will be included - they have to eat it in moderate amount to make it appropriate for the screen but one girl just drank out of the whole bowl... and just everyone burst out laughing hahaha

Fans might get worried but all SNSD Samyang CFs will be outdoors now. The last winter mountain ranch CF had such a good response, that's the kind of SNSD effect."

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: YUI - It`s all too much