JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Freenote - Walkmen

Author Topic: Mass Effect  (Read 90552 times)

Offline walking_wounded`

• ecchi
  • Member+
Mass Effect
« on: November 27, 2007, 02:38:49 AM »
My 360 has been broken for a few weeks and I just got it back so to celebrate I picked up Mass Effect. Holy crap best game I've played in a long time Bioware out did themselves. If you ever play Knights of the old Republic or Jade Empire pick up this game.....or if you just like good games with lesbian alien sex. Anyone else playing it?

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
Re: Mass Effect
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 10:19:40 AM »
lesbian alien sex

Wait, what? They're making this for PC too, right? Right?  :cry:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 11:44:10 AM »
Wait, what? They're making this for PC too, right? Right?  :cry:
It's not impossible that it'll be released on PC later on, but it hasn't been announced. You could always wait, IN ETERNITY! Or get a 360. This game should be reason enough to buy one.

And I gotta agree with w_w, that this is maybe the best thing Bioware have ever done. Truthfully it has it's flaws, framerate drops, loading textures and somewhat bad menus. But none of that matters since the game is just (excuse my language) fucking awesome in every way!

There's always alien strippers and laza guns if the alien lesbo sex isn't enough for you.
[/url]

Offline walking_wounded`

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 08:18:29 PM »
Pah lesbian alien sex is alway enough  :D

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 10:18:59 AM »
I had da sex for the second time in the game yesterday. This game is just getting better and better. :D
[/url]

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 02:29:48 PM »
It looks absolutely incredible. I just can't understand naysayers who criticise the game for framerates, menu design etc. The game tries to do something new and epic and for that alone I applaud the developers. Loved Baldur's Gate and loved KOTOR. This looks just too good to pass up.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2007, 05:35:38 AM »
I'd get it if I had my 360!

Offline Dj-B13

• Pro Street Fighter Player
  • Member+
  • H!P Fan From Hawaii~!!!
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2007, 03:49:43 PM »
another game I plan on getting in the near future.

Been really busy playting alot of titles on the 360 ATM  O0
*Number 1 Fan Of The Great Miichan Sama*
Genericpaperdoll, Mini*Wheat, Pinkosa, Pharadox, and kawaii beam are all graphix legends

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2007, 06:55:13 AM »
It looks absolutely incredible. I just can't understand naysayers who criticise the game for framerates, menu design etc.
I couldn't agree more. Truth is the framerate issues aren't that big when they'd do the most damage (action sequences). I've experienced more problems walking around the Normandy and stuff like that, where I actually couldn't care less about framerate. As for menus, they're not that tricky, just takes like 10 minutes to understand. Only thing I really am bugged about the possibility to view the journal from the Galaxy map. However, all those problems don't really matter to the gameplay, not in a critical way. Compare that to Assassins creed, where the faults (bad controls, boring fighting, repetitiveness, super crappy story and design) seriously devours the game.

Bottom line is that if the faults don't bother you, then they're not there. And that goes well for Mass Effect.

[/url]

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2007, 06:25:36 PM »
I loved Baldurs Gate and KOTOR... it made me buy an Xbox! WTH~ :angry:
...which is going to make me buy Call of Duty 4 for it... and Lost Odyssey... then Infinite Undiscovery. my future is only darkness.  :P

Story content is massive. I'm thinking ppl will get lost with all the info of this universe. But since this is 1 game of 3, better to lay the groundwork early as possible.
I'd like it more if the characters had melee weapons too. Next I'll ask for lightning from fingers and force choking, so I'll stop here. :wub:

In short, a great game to introduce me to the next-gen.

Offline Masabi

• ミ★
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • metallica orz
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2007, 12:14:36 AM »
I rentedt his game, and it's really really fun ^____^
The artist formerly known as Gray.

Offline Maxis

• Member+
  • 艷陽高照
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2007, 01:21:52 AM »
hope EA will make this game a time exclusive :)

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 06:12:31 AM »
[youtube=425,350]PKzF173GqTU[/youtube].

Offline Shin Asuka

• Wub U
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2008, 08:09:24 AM »
I like the part, "Have you played the game?" Woman answers "No"  :lol:

I don't see anything wrong with an alien side boob and bare ass. I see worst stuff on television right now like plastic surgery and people being maimed on a daliy basis, but one side boob and everyone goes nuts :?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 08:11:44 AM by Shin Asuka »
Don't expect me to reply to any post. I tend to not care.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: January 23, 2008, 08:34:27 AM »
Fox News are a bunch of retards. They say shit people WANT to hear not FACTS. The arguments pretty ended right there when the lady said "No" lol

Offline Fracture

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: January 23, 2008, 08:55:24 AM »
GG, sensationalist media jackals.

If GTA has taught us anything about the game biz, it's that a spot on Fox News is worth a hundred commercials.  The thousands of people that rush out to buy the game expecting an interactive alien orgy are going to be disappointed when they learn the truth.

Offline JTRIX

• Looking for Green Kame
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: January 23, 2008, 02:35:02 PM »
That woman probably never had sex before and that she is busting her gigs about the fact that an animated alien can have sex and she can't!
The 5 beams: Sexy Beam, Mayuge Beam/Akabiman Beam, Miracle Beam, and Usa-Chan Beam

Offline Daisuki Daiiyo

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • Yabyab
« Reply #17 on: January 23, 2008, 02:51:54 PM »
lol, Oh Fox news, you slay me. XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2008, 03:22:40 PM »
Jesus, talk about pure sensationalistic garbage. Thank God the Spike TV guy was the voice of reason, I think he carried himself across rather well. Shame the producers had to cut him short when they realised their pathetic news story was going to be seen as just that.

What a pathetic way to misrepresent something. As mentioned, it's 2 min scene with no explicit detail in a 30hr game, and for that it deserves an AO rating? I see more sexual content in television adverts than in Mass Effect, some alien boob is hardly going to affect it's target audience. In fact, I believe it was a lack of male-male relationships that caused a stir before release. Yes the argument kind of fell apart when that woman admitted she hadn't played the game, but for me, it was case closed at the end when the guy made the suggestion that 'parents should monitor and be engaged with what their kids are playing'. If there's a credible solution brought up and agreed upon, then what's the point of raising the argument? It's very simple for parents, if you don't want kids to play a particular game, then don't let them. They should realise that they have the power to dictate what their kid plays, when to play it and how long for. But unfortunately, consoles seem to be seen as some kind of babysitter substitute instead and it's reports like this that stirs controversy and gets ratings. This doesn't even warrant our attention anymore, and I laugh at reports like this. "Kids are seeing these women as objects of desire!". Yes, God help our kids if they get turned on by digital alien women.

EDIT

A lesson for the future. Do not piss off Xbox fanboys :lol:

Also, EA has written a really well composed letter of complaint to Fox News. Nice to see publishers sticking up for the community as well as themselves.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 01:07:41 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 03:33:24 AM »
EA is going to sue if Fox Crap arnt going to correct their mistakes!

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Freenote - Walkmen