JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Lovesick Girls

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 762815 times)

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1320 on: March 28, 2012, 10:54:36 AM »
It's a live event for Exit Tunes/Exit Trance artists, like anime music Remixers / DJs, sometimes Vocaloid.
50% of Quake. Inc (the label) is owned by Pony Canyon since 2009.

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1321 on: April 02, 2012, 02:48:54 PM »
Call me impatient, but what's going on with 'Acchi Muite Pie!!!'?, are there any new episodes to be uploaded? Sorry for my rudeness haha...

Don't they usually have an end of season break around this time of year?
Last year there was a gap between 15/03 and 1/04 and in 2010 between 18/03 and 01/04 so I presume new episodes will start shortly.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 03:06:26 PM by strtl »

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1322 on: April 02, 2012, 04:09:59 PM »
They have no break this year. Today is episode 853.
I asked Hatix to delay AMP and follow FOD online schedule. Will be uploaded on AMP once the link to FOD expired (each episode is online for 2 weeks). That hopefully will drive people in Japan to watch it legally on FOD. So, free user overseas viewer please be patience :)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:08:15 PM by SuzukiRyo »

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1323 on: April 02, 2012, 04:51:45 PM »
Just checked their "On Demand" page. 3 new Nicohachi lives? More suffering to our ears. Just kidding, just kidding, they sing like angels  ;) ... I don't mind grabbing those 2 studio episodes though.

Delaying it is pretty useless. I have my doubts that our Japanese "friends" won't be watching those episodes legally. As soon as it's posted on AMP, you will see it uploaded on youtube, plus thousands of views.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1324 on: April 02, 2012, 05:31:43 PM »
At least we tried :)

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #1325 on: April 02, 2012, 05:44:13 PM »
Oh so that's why AMP haven't been updated for a while. I think it's a great idea though. I stop posting my dvd rips after seeing most of what I uploaded ended up on Youtube anyway, there's promoting and there's leeching.

I was thinking of doing some rips and posting short part of it so that people will have to buy to see it in full. It's funny seeing all those people that uploaded the stuff that's on AMP to Youtube suddenly stopped when Hatix stops posting those vids :lol:

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1326 on: April 02, 2012, 05:56:36 PM »
It will be great if mediafire/blogger has country lock feature, just like youtube and facebook. Block access from Japan.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1327 on: April 02, 2012, 06:38:11 PM »
If it bothers you guys so much, then start posting your rips at the Multimedia section on here. Admins can create something like this...You have to have at least 10-15 posts, before those video uploads become visible. I have a feeling that not too many of them (Japanese) even know about the existence of this forum. And to rest of the world Idoling is still more or less unknown/underrated group. Majority cares only about Morning Musume and AKB48.

Fuji TV will usually take care of those youtube videos. I have seen plenty of Idoling videos been deleted on copyright grounds. Even the short clips.

Anyway, don't become too skimpy, just because of a few leeching japanese.

« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 12:13:25 AM by Inferno »

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1328 on: April 04, 2012, 06:56:44 PM »
Here's something to see in case some of you is suffering some Idoling!!! withdrawal syndrome like me   :banghead: XD
p.s: Amimi haters please ignore this  :nervous

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1329 on: April 05, 2012, 04:43:45 AM »
I have a suggestion on FOD thing, how about if people here can simply get the links to mediafire via private message? We all know the regulars here pretty much so it'd be very easy to know who are legit oversea's fans here. It's up to the providers of course, but I rather not be penalized for 2 whole weeks of Idoling goodness because of the cheap Japanese fans.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1330 on: April 05, 2012, 05:56:20 AM »
Shutting down AMP, again? Sure that gives an impact.
Let's say "Due to immense leeching from Japanese IP, mirroring to streaming sites and torrents, we are shutting down AMP again. 続きはオンデマンドで"

I also think uploading FOD is not doing much to expand overseas fanbase, because people don't download huge-unsubbed file from unknown group. Overseas fanbase expands by watching Music Station and Music Japan performances, where Idoling!!! don't show up. So private sharing between known overseas fans might be good idea.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #1331 on: April 05, 2012, 06:36:37 AM »
Is there a reason we can't use the Idoling!!! Multimedia section here, as Inferno mentioned?  That way, nobody has to deal with a flood of PMs, and everybody who's a legitimate, active member of this forum may view them.  I don't mind the PM thing, but it seems like it could be a hassle as time goes on.  Another option is .htaccess IP blocking on AMP, but I'm pretty sure Blogspot doesn't allow that, so you'd need a different (i.e. independently paid for) host.  Here's a 2012 database in case you want to go through with that method:

https://www.countryipblocks.net/e_country_data/JP_cidr.txt

The links would have to be protected somehow, as anybody who is running a proxy would be able to get in.

Speaking of which, another option would be to password protect the files in such a way that only those on here know the password.  A long, non-dictionary password with unique characters (such as !@#$%^&*) would be best, as it would take such a long time to crack via bruteforce that it would pretty much not be worth it.

Just trying to throw some ideas out there.  In other, semi-related news, Wupload and FileServe have been taken down.  Deposit Files has been gimped beyond belief.  The MPAA is currently working on taking down Mediafire next:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-57407346-261/mpaa-wants-more-criminal-cases-brought-against-rogue-sites/

If all your data is currently in Mediafire's cloud, like most Idoling!!! episodes are, it would be wise to start creating a local backup.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline LarcKen

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1332 on: April 05, 2012, 07:59:45 AM »
Shutting down AMP, again? Sure that gives an impact.
Let's say "Due to immense leeching from Japanese IP, mirroring to streaming sites and torrents, we are shutting down AMP again. 続きはオンデマンドで"

I also think uploading FOD is not doing much to expand overseas fanbase, because people don't download huge-unsubbed file from unknown group. Overseas fanbase expands by watching Music Station and Music Japan performances, where Idoling!!! don't show up. So private sharing between known overseas fans might be good idea.

Well, you never know if someone decides to download it out of curiosity, and 500mb for an episode is definitely not huge by today's standards. Most internet connection nowadays can finish it in under 30 minutes.
Just throwing my 2 cents there  :P

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1333 on: April 05, 2012, 09:58:48 AM »
wew... I'm so jealous. 500MB takes 6 hours here :banghead:

I've been spying 2ch for months. Using password will only leads them to report AMP to Fuji TV, and they are ready for it.

Offline Code001

• Mac OS X Junkie
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 関口愛美ファン
« Reply #1334 on: April 05, 2012, 01:32:38 PM »
wew... I'm so jealous. 500MB takes 6 hours here :banghead:

I've been spying 2ch for months. Using password will only leads them to report AMP to Fuji TV, and they are ready for it.

So that brings us back to using this site or blocking IPs.

Regarding the mediafire thing, if they do eventually get closed down, how about using Microsoft's 'SkyDrive'? Since it's Microsoft, maybe it'll be less prone to closure (again I could be totally wrong here lol).

Skydrive is too limiting.  The 25 GB data cap would be reached within less than a year.  Another option in a similar vein would be a multi-TB NAS hooked up at someone's house, but someone's ISP is gonna get hammered like crazy.  You'd be better off setting up a separate, private FTP server.

Oh, and then there are also torrents.  Someone is uploading everything on AMP and making torrents.  The problem will occur months or years from now when new users go to download older episodes.  It's rare that somebody seeds a torrent for longer than a few weeks, let alone a few months or years.  On the other hand, torrent speeds will probably be the best out of them all, assuming your ISP isn't blocking them.  However, you can't deny their longevity in the matter.  H!O has been up since 2004.

In the end, I still think Inferno had the best idea of uploading them to here:

http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?board=123.0

I mean, it's already been done for episodes #673 to #688, after all.
Feel free to PM me for Japanese to English translations.

Offline Inferno

« Reply #1335 on: April 05, 2012, 05:44:55 PM »
As far as I remember, the original AMP uploader "Silverbolt" was actually "caught" by Fuji TV execs for uploading Idoling stuff at some Torrent sites. His "On Demand" account was closed because of that. Probably the only westerner using it at the time. Which means, easy bust. And as Code001 said. It's damn slow, not much seeders, only leechers.

Better option would be Usenet. Files will probably stay online for years. Though, it's not free. But you will have hard time finding cyberlockers nowadays, which actually gives fast speeds for free users. Mediafire is one of the only ones. If mediafire chooses the same route as Fileserve and Filesonic, then these cyberlockers might be a good choice for your files... (Also Rapidshare is still going strong)

http://www.filefactory.com/

http://www.peeje.com/flash

http://www.yunfile.com/

http://bayfiles.com/

www.jumbofiles.com

http://www.sendspace.com/

http://filepost.com/

And yes, don't make everyone wait for 2 weeks, because of a few leechers. Just use that multimedia area for your files. (Hatix, Hellguard89 and anyone uploading something)

« Last Edit: April 05, 2012, 05:56:01 PM by Inferno »

Offline strtl

• Member+
« Reply #1336 on: April 05, 2012, 06:43:10 PM »
Just my opinion but I don't mind can put up with the 2 week wait. It forces anyone in Japan who really wants the episodes at the time of broadcast to pay for FOD(anyone else probably wasn't going to pay anyway) while the overseas viewers like myself still get there Idoling!!! fix. Just a little bit later than before. Seems like a good compromise.

Password protected files probably won't work. It only takes one person here to share the password somewhere else and you're back in the same position.
Sharing via PMs seems to defeat Silverbolt/Hatix's original point of trying to promote the group to new audiences. There's no way I would have discovered Idoling!!! if I had to go through such complicated measures at the begining.

One other point. Having your material shared across the internet doesn't seem to have hurt AKB48 much  :lol:

In the end, I'm just thankful to have new episodes at all be they 2 weeks late or 2 months late.  :bow:

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1337 on: April 05, 2012, 07:43:31 PM »
Just to clarify my PM idea, I didn't mean to share the files just among ourselves, AMP still would make them available in a 2-week delay, but we wouldn't have to wait 2 weeks if the files are uploaded and available. Limiting access exclusive to the regulars here should most likely eliminate any leaks to YouTube. I do however now think that using PM is not very efficient as I just realized that it does not have mass-mailing feature, but you can simply just use gmail or something then. Anyone who wants access can notify the person in charge and may have to pass some type of test to make sure they are not a Japanese spy.

I also think using media forum here is just as good an idea, it can be set at limited-access and only those who get clearance have access, so the person in charge would know exactly who has access as well just in case a breach of security occurs.

It's unfortunate that the providers who have already done so much has to deal with the leecher issue and I surely don't like to have them do extra work but I'm sure there's a way to grant access without a 2 week delay in a very efficient manner without too much extra work. Anything but a 2-week torture!!

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1338 on: April 05, 2012, 08:03:39 PM »
We have talked a few times about it within AMP, mainly wanting to move away from blogspot. Blogspot is under the care of Google which is good as they don't tend to care much about the content, but not totally immune to DMCA, which we've experience in the past with shows from Enta371&Pigoo.

We have two different things to consider: distribution and storage.
About distribution:
- Blogspot is a good distribution medium as it's very public and hosted but you have no immediate control over who can see the content (as in IP blocking for example).
- The Idoling!!! multimedia forum is a good alternative, it requires registration and some forum activity, but it is practically unknown to probably half of the downloaders and all the japanese, and I don't really want to completely shut them off either.
- Using PM's is too much of a hassle I think, you might as well post it in the multimedia section.
- An option we've been considering is using the J-Enta website which I've made myself, and put download links behind a registration barrier. This might be less public but everyone can register and then view the download links (just like this forum), BUT I have full control if anything happens. Reading about the IP blocking suggestion, I could use that in a different way. Non-japanese IP address can see the download links immediately (since they cannot watch FOD legally anyway, and practically impossible now with the latest FOD update on April 1st), and all japanese IP addresses get a 2 week delay (since they can watch FOD legally). They probably won't even notice the delay and I have no problem announcing it on AMP that they need to register on J-Enta for download links. Which is already the case for a while now, all download links can already be found on there, you just need to register. And J-Enta's main emphasis was to be an information database and a bit of a community (I have ideas to make it possible to add & update content like anidb.net), you can already comment, rate and mark an episode as seen to manage your watched episodes.
And btw, I feel bad about it myself having to delay 2 weeks.

Now about storage: Mediafire has always been a very good file host (no limit & good speed) and amount uploaded by Silverbolt & me is quite extensive, I'm sure it approaches 800 GB in total. About the local backup someones mentioned, me and SB still have every file uploaded, so that's not a problem.
The problem will indeed be when Mediafire ever goes bust.
- Torrents have one problem, they need seeders. If we were to try torrents, I'd say to do it in larger packs of 50 episodes or something, having fewer torrents is easier to maintain than a torrent for each individual episode.
- MS SkyDrive, haven't looked into that, but you might indeed have the same advantage as Google with Blogspot, caring less about the content. But a 25GB limit? We'd hit that in a few months if we'd only upload new stuff.
- Any other file hosting (including SkyDrive) will require uploading everything again, splitting it all in rar files again, and uploading everything, while torrents can group several files together.
- Using a private paid hosting makes you much more directly vulnerable than a file hoster.
- Using someone's private internet connection with an FTP server connected to a NAS; I have a good upload speed and unlimited data, but I don't think that's a good option, one ip lookup and you can easily report that.
- Using XDCC on IRC is basically the same thing as the FTP server, although getting the files is more obscure to the outside world.
- Isn't Usenet dying lately or is it still going strong? The problem is indeed that it's not free to get decent speed.

I think that using a different cyberlocker when mediafire goes bust would be a good alternative to get new episodes out, but not as a permanent storage. For archival purposes of older stuff, I'd go for big torrent packs, every torrent client can easily be set up to only download 1 single file of the pack. And someone has actually done that on helloonline, but the older torrents lack seeders. But for the time being, mediafire is still resisting.

Offline Jenus

• Member+
« Reply #1339 on: April 05, 2012, 09:41:23 PM »
Hatix seems to have it all figured out already, I registered at J-Enta and now have access to the new episodes. Having the links show up 2 weeks later for Japanese IP sounds like an ideal solution.

I think Mediafire is safe for now, they haven't got any lawsuits or inquiries by the authorities yet according to their rep, but it would be good to have a back-up storage somewhere definitely. I would be so screwed if Mediafire goes too. SkyDrive is limited also in that you can only upload 100mb files at a time. 25GB limit isn't as much of a problem since all you have to do is register as many IDs as you need to expand storage space. Torrent is definitely an alternative but maintaining it constantly could be an issue for sure.

What I find it odd about YouTube is that certain Idoling-related videos don't get deleted, I wonder if the Idoling staff is pick and choosing which ones to leave alone for publicity purposes?

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Lovesick Girls