JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - Sketch

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 762842 times)

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #1480 on: June 08, 2012, 03:26:44 PM »

Let's freak out
 :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

Offline Special Needs Tricycle

• Member+
« Reply #1481 on: June 08, 2012, 03:32:55 PM »
France gets everything good. :(

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1482 on: June 08, 2012, 04:05:23 PM »
I saw the recording of the message about Japan Expo today, and all in one take. These girls are professionals.
I tooootally freaked out when I heard, we didn't know what they were going to record to make it a real surprise.
And that it was me who had to see this recording, since I sent an email to the staff of Japan Expo months ago to consider Idoling!!! as a guest. Of course, I don't know if that had anything to with it.

All 5 episodes btw, were all done in 1 take. These are pro.  :thumbup

Offline cicily

• Member+
« Reply #1483 on: June 08, 2012, 04:28:29 PM »
I saw the recording of the message about Japan Expo today, and all in one take. These girls are professionals.
I tooootally freaked out when I heard, we didn't know what they were going to record to make it a real surprise.
And that it was me who had to see this recording, since I sent an email to the staff of Japan Expo months ago to consider Idoling!!! as a guest. Of course, I don't know if that had anything to with it.

All 5 episodes btw, were all done in 1 take. These are pro.  :thumbup

Have there actually ever been times where their TV episodes were shot in more than 1 take? I always thought the realism and "virtually live" experience was one of Idoling!!!'s main selling points. At most a rehearsal, then they will record the episode straight through, right?

Offline hellguard89

• 白騎士
  • Member+
« Reply #1484 on: June 08, 2012, 04:37:31 PM »
They sometimes do retake if the time slot (usually around 27 minutes) ends in the middle of something. I've only seen it once though for #787. They did a retake of Kaede's part because it got cut halfway. That's the only time I've seen it though. Probably happens very rarely.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1485 on: June 08, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »
JPH!P Paris meet-up imminent!

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1486 on: June 09, 2012, 03:56:13 PM »
Last year I went there because May'n and PASSPO came. (and X-Japan had a concert in Paris the same weekend).

But this year had only Momoiro Clover, which wasn't enough for me to go, unless someone extra came that I was interested in  XD

So, with Idoling!!! coming, I'm definitely going!!!
So a meetup is indeed imminent  :D

But since the Japan In Motion banner mentions that it's in collaboration with Kyary Pamyu Pamyu, it's likely during her showcase at 17h30.
But usually performing artists, do signing sessions as well at.

But we'll wait for the official announcement on what they're actually going to do, and the schedule will be more complete in a 1 or 2 weeks I guess.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1487 on: June 10, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
But this year had only Momoiro Clover, which wasn't enough for me to go, unless someone extra came that I was interested in  XD

This.

Man, why didn't announce this sooner... &*#^*&@.  :banghead:
This sucks, all the cheap hotels are full by now, less pre-event anticipation time... What do to, what to do.  :panic:

^Do you think the tickets will sell out by then? I'm a little worried.

Don't worry, you can get Expo Tickets on the day itself. However, I'd recommend pre-ordering anyway, because the waiting lines are loooong.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:42:17 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline wq12wq12

• Member+
« Reply #1488 on: June 10, 2012, 01:55:49 PM »
I must say that I like Jenus's rants and opinions. To the point and interesting. I agree with him on most parts. I don't know if Japanese fans think the same way as we do in here. Probably not, as they seem to be eating anything up. Someone should really have a word with those two "main" guys, via Twitter, Facebook or Imatsubu.

Even if most of us (jphip dudes and dudettes) pretty much only like their TV show, the majority, people abroad seem to be in these groups almost only because of their music. They are not that much into their (Idoling) songs/music. Having too many bad singers and many uninteresting songs is not helping at all.

Also their TV show has become quite boring, at least for a non Japanese viewers and for people who don't understand the language. I think that the western audiences might get all excited, if the TV show would be like this

instead of talk, talk, talk... Though that "sexy" and "weird" thing is not their thing at all. Plus too many younger members.

In fact I like this TV show and I of ten watch it.

I don't think it  is a good TV show, but I just think IDLG!!! or HP! and AKB are all lucky.

But IDLG!!! sometimes play some games like this. EX: Staff Limbo

I just hope to tell everyone. The TV show is bad not those girls.

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1489 on: June 13, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
Well, I've decided not to go so you guys be sure to show them some foreign love. :lol:

I'm a little disappointed on how slow they are on announcing this. I'm going to have to brake someone's neck if they somehow do last minute changes to the lineup or something. Maipuru and summer isn't a very good combination, though...

Offline relaxershippuden

• Idolinger!!! 4ever!!!
  • Member+
  • Loving!!! Idoling!!!
« Reply #1490 on: June 14, 2012, 09:05:35 PM »

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1491 on: June 17, 2012, 12:54:30 PM »
I'm a little disappointed on how slow they are on announcing this.

This. If they had announced an Idoling appearance shortly after the Momoiro Clover Z announcement I would have booked the hotel and tickets ages ago. At this point, it's just too late. All the good cheap hotels are full. In addition, part of the fun for an Expo is the anticipation time! Months in advance you can look forward to going and it will enhance the overall experience. If going is a last minute decision it'll never be as fun imo.

However, I'd love to see them IRL...

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1492 on: June 19, 2012, 05:19:17 PM »
And now let's hope they will also do a signing session, pleaaaase  :bow:

From the fact that it's only an hour long and there are others as well, don't expect the Idoling!!! part to be longer than 15-20 minutes (or at least their live part), they might participate in the talking in the rest of that hour though.

For those who can't read french:
Japan in Motion won't have their own stand this year, but the will organize events on several of the live stages.

...event info... (shouldn't need translation)

They will update that page at the bottom regularly with new information, so check regulary.
http://www.japan-in-motion.tv/japan_expo

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1493 on: June 20, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
Idoling!!! is coming there as representative of CosCosPlayPlay show anyway, so they might do the talking.

Offline Hatix

• Idolinger!!!
  • Member+
« Reply #1494 on: June 20, 2012, 11:58:14 AM »
If it's for CosCosPlayPlay, then why isn't Saya-nee coming as well???!! She's more of a regular on CCPP than Idoling!!!.
Oh well, just be happy there are 5 members coming  :P, and hope for at least 1 song. They did invite/send most members with singing ability..

I'd like to get my S.O.W. CD signed though, since that was the single that primarily got me into Idoling!!! in the first place (I've got an unopened copy :D).
Open it, it's better to have it signed on the front of the booklet, than on the plastic wrapping.

Not sure yet what I'm going to bring to get signed, I have a lot to choose from and a CD is too easy, must be something special  :P
Although they will likely have a poster lying there or empty paper to get signed & personalize too.
Oh yeah, just remembered that, autographs at JE are always personalized, so they will ask your name and write it down.
Depending on the staff & manager, it is sometimes possible to get a picture with you and those signing (they stay behind the table of course, but still).

(Although there is still no word about a signing...but most JE guests do one...)

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1495 on: June 21, 2012, 11:19:00 AM »
If it's for CosCosPlayPlay, then why isn't Saya-nee coming as well???!! She's more of a regular on CCPP than Idoling!!!.
Oh well, just be happy there are 5 members coming  :P, and hope for at least 1 song. They did invite/send most members with singing ability..

You're right. With limited quota, it's better for Idoling!!! to send member with good vocal. And my prediction wasn't wrong, Maipuru, Ton-chan & Rurika will be there.  :D :D I hope they will come again with full line-up.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:26:11 AM by b8067hc »

3-6-9 は 永遠...

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1496 on: June 21, 2012, 11:36:53 AM »
Sure they have 2 choices to perform:
1. Anisong, those are either friend, SOW, or DTF. In degree of familiarity, SOW is a good choice
2. To promote their new single, either One Up or Ichigo gyunyu. I personally want to hear Megami no pulse though.

Offline Blade Hunter

« Reply #1497 on: June 21, 2012, 07:40:47 PM »
Yurika huh? Ai-chan would've been a better choice. She is better looking and has a better singing voice. Songwise, Don't Think, Feel and Mamore are good choices. More mature sounding and interesting, than the previous "girly" singles, for the picky western crowd.

Offline SuzukiRyo

• Not
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • tktktakeru
    • Suzuki.Ryo
    • tktktakeru
« Reply #1498 on: June 22, 2012, 02:56:14 AM »

Offline b8067hc

• Member+
« Reply #1499 on: June 22, 2012, 05:11:51 AM »
Yurika huh? Ai-chan would've been a better choice. She is better looking and has a better singing voice. Songwise, Don't Think, Feel and Mamore are good choices. More mature sounding and interesting, than the previous "girly" singles, for the picky western crowd.

Choice of Yurippe instead Ai-chan, i think because recently Yurippe often come as lead vocal in many Idoling!!! live event (Nicohachi live). But you're right about mature sounding  :twothumbs :twothumbs

3-6-9 は 永遠...

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Husking Bee - Sketch