JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte

Author Topic: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread  (Read 762833 times)

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
Re: The Idoling!!! Discussion Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 02, 2009, 05:26:19 AM »
This is the first I've heard of it, but I haven't been checking the Idoling!!! schedules recently. It's listed on other sites, so it seems legit, but I have no idea what it contains.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #101 on: August 02, 2009, 06:42:48 PM »
I did some reseach and I *think* it's a mook on how to style your hair  :nervous

Sounds like a must buy  :lol: :lol:

edit: I found the cover! It's definitely about hair.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 06:52:00 PM by BarrieV »

Offline kei_86

• Umeko's kappa~!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #102 on: August 05, 2009, 09:15:12 AM »
Happy 20th birthday Umeko~   :heart:

Offline Twisted Blue

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #103 on: August 05, 2009, 07:18:46 PM »
I did some reseach and I *think* it's a mook on how to style your hair  :nervous

Sounds like a must buy  :lol: :lol:

edit: I found the cover! It's definitely about hair.

And now tell me you bought that?! :rofl:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #104 on: August 05, 2009, 09:33:48 PM »
Actually, I considered it :nervous I ordered some stuff on Yesasia and I just made the free shipping limit of $39. If I would've been below the $39, I probably would've included it  :lol:
« Last Edit: August 05, 2009, 09:36:20 PM by BarrieV »

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #105 on: August 05, 2009, 10:53:31 PM »
this is way offtopic, but, BarrieV , where is your sig from? do you happen to have the rest/wholepic :lol: im sure you get that a lot

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #106 on: August 12, 2009, 07:18:01 AM »
Ugh, Tonooka... stop being so gorgeous!

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #107 on: August 13, 2009, 04:48:56 AM »
Has anyone listened to Shoujo Fuantei yet?
Ito Ichiro & Idoling!!! - Shoujo Fuantei - Free MP3 Stream on IMEEM Music
It's a pretty cool song with an edgier sound than Idoling!!!'s usual stuff. I always find it refreshing when Idoling!!! moves out of their comfort zone and sings more "mainstream" songs. :D

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #108 on: August 13, 2009, 04:42:20 PM »
I went to my first episode shooting today. I don't want to spoil too much unless people want me to, but anyway they were shooting 3 episodes today which took about 4 hours all in all. I learned today that the studio has a capacity of 100 viewers.

The most interesting thing with being one of the guys in the audience is actually seeing what's happening backstage and off camera. From where I was sitting I had great view of one of the monitors and I noticed they recorded the episodes in the opposite order, as in #460 -> #459 etc. I have no idea if that's what they usually do. During the first shooting when Masuno stepped in he went directly for the audience and asked for advice about the newest Dragon Quest. :lol: ADs messing up here and there was fun, as well.

What surprised me most today is the amount stuff that doesn't make it to the actual aired episodes, to name a few Ookawa coughing up aonori after drinking a chunk of it, and after receiving a bottle of water she fails to open it herself and instead gets help from one of the ADs. :lol: The bottle of water didn't help much though so she had to run to the toilet afterwards. Then of course we have all of the secret interactions the members are having that the camera aren't picking up.

Hopefully I'll be able to make it to more of these shootings.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #109 on: August 13, 2009, 06:26:49 PM »
^Awesome. So it's the same 100 people in the audience for these 3 episodes? I would've expected they would swap audiences every hours.. I mean, the demand must be high, right?

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #110 on: August 13, 2009, 07:50:00 PM »
^ I wonder, was it hard to get in?

I'd guess either they're on a tight schedule and don't want to delay with audience changeouts or there aren't so many people wanting to see the shooting that they need to.

Did any personalities come through seeing them in person, particularly off camera during breaks between shots?

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2009, 04:56:01 AM »
About ~200 people are picked at random through applications, and a day or two before the actual recording the ones who get through receive an email. It's not unusual for them to record more than 5 episodes on the same day which means they have to split it into a noon and afternoon shooting, so I was lucky being in the afternoon one.

As for the breaks, there's an area at the back of the studio shut off by a huge curtain so you don't see much but the girls are pretty loud.

Offline reina's eyes

• Banzai Penis
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #112 on: August 14, 2009, 05:37:11 AM »
... but the girls are pretty loud.

Haha!

One tv shoot I've seen was with christina applegate. Between scenes everyone else was joking around but she stood alone off to the side in complete silence with a frozen expression. Interesting even the little glimpses into how individuals approach their work.

Awesome you got to see it and report on it!

Offline Silverbolt

• Member+
« Reply #113 on: August 16, 2009, 10:22:41 PM »
Thanks for another awesome report, Ayabie. It kind of makes me wonder how the show was in the past when many of the episodes were aired live.

Are you sure that they're gonna cut Ookawa's little incident out of the episode when they air it? This is the show where they had the girls doing things like rinsing their noses and putting Mentos and cola into their mouths. There's more than a few disgusting moments in the group's history, so I wouldn't be surprised if they just let the viewers see Ookawa coughing up aonori. XD

How high up were you sitting? Did they tell you when the episodes would air? I wanna see you sitting in the audience. :D

Offline Ayabie

• 西瓜太郎
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #114 on: August 17, 2009, 04:03:27 PM »
Actually, the Ookawa incident was completely off camera, as in the camera avoided her struggle with the aonori on purpose. :P Asahi had a similar experience later on and had to run off to the toilet, as well, and the camera ignored it.

I had number 98 so I was sitting in the back row. Like I mentioned before, I had great view of the monitors in front of us and kept checking it to see if the audience were being targeted... I might as well spoil one of the episodes by saying that they did Shuffle 2-shot, so most of the time members were sitting in the front row. As far as I recall I was sitting too high up so I don't think I made it on camera. :lol:

As for the air dates, it should be around early September according to one of the monitors.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #115 on: August 18, 2009, 07:14:48 PM »
Just listened to the new album! 17 songs and well over an hour in duration, that's great. I'm so fed up with bands releases new album that clock @ 36 minutes.

Anyway, it's ok. It took me a long time to get into the first album and I think it'll be like this again. No real favorites atm, but none I hate, so that's good. It's definitely full of happy feel good summer songs and some nice ballads as well. They definitely have their own sound, which I can appreciate as well. Another weird into song, but that's ok  :lol: Overall a good effort by Idoling!!!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #116 on: August 22, 2009, 10:45:41 AM »
Ayo! The lovely Idoling ladies Erica Tonooka, Suzuka Morita, Erika Yazawa & Rurika Yokoyama now have threads at LLF. Go check them out! :pimp:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #117 on: August 26, 2009, 06:20:23 PM »
Look what I wake up to every morning  :heart:

This is my favorite month  :lol:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #118 on: August 28, 2009, 06:42:24 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #119 on: August 29, 2009, 12:53:54 PM »
Ai Okawa - Young Gangan No.16 (2009/08/21)

Ai Okawa - Young Gangan No.13 (2009/07/03)

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Number Girl - Teppu Surudokunatte