JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)

Author Topic: Mega Man 9  (Read 2316 times)

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
Mega Man 9
« on: September 22, 2008, 11:23:36 PM »
The greatest game has just been released on the Wii today. I just got it and it's awesome. If anything I'm already gonna say it's the hardest game in the series. PS3 will get their version next week while XLA will have to wait until early Oct for theirs. It's back to 8 bit but also brings back numerous things from 7 and 8 like the "screw" purchase system. Also time trials and challenges to make this game long and gives it high replay value. If you're a fan of Mega Man or like great video games. Do yourself a favor and download this awesome game. One more thing the awesome music that made this series great is also back and better than ever. i need to track down the soundtrack if it exists.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: Mega Man 9
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 07:06:18 PM »
Cool news. I lost track after Megaman 4 on the NES.. recently I picked up X7 I think it was called. Hated it. But I'll check it out for sure.

Offline Rick-e

• **Gaki Lover**
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 11:03:23 AM »
isn't 9 in the virtual console? I heard it's really appealing because of it's difficulty
I personally prefer the megaman X series (except X7, which is pure trash),

BarrieV, if you don't like X7, X8 will probably make you feel better, it's loads better and the last boss is really fun and challenging to fight with.

Gaki-san 大好き!

Offline DHG

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • That was an Unknown Unknown
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:38:43 PM »
Yeah MM9 is on the Wii Ware section for 1000 wii points. I must say it's probably the hardest MM I ever played and I played them all. I'm getting it on the Xbox 360 as well.

Offline junkie_with_a_monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 09:44:57 PM »
I'm dying to play this but I still can't decide whether to buy it on the wii or ps3. Wii has better controls (classic controller is pretty sweet) and apparently looks better, while the ps3 could get trophies and I could also share it with my brother's account =/

I loved all the other megamans. Megaman 1 is my favourite, just because of the difficulty and the levels were longer than the second one.

Offline WingZero84

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2009, 10:47:36 AM »
 I think capcom should make it with same graphic with rockman 8

Offline Yuna

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2009, 03:35:51 PM »
I have to say that I am too much more inclined to the Megaman X series. I loved X in SNES and X$ and X5 in PSX.
But forgive me everyone, when I played the demo of Megaman 9 I felt like puking, not for gameplay or anything, but by releasing something like that in these days. If it were an original 8bits game back from old times I think its ok, but these days I think it's unforgettable to release those graphics and aweful audio. Man, even flash games these days look better. I7m not saying graphics are the most important aspect, but I'd go at least with a NDS graphics, which are quite good, and better sound.

I think the sound got me even more pissed than the graphics.

I think and 8 bits game feels good to play because is has that nostalgia factor attached to it.
I mean, capcom has done thousands of megamans, they could even rehash some used stuff from the newer ones and I wouldn't mind.

But hey, it seems that it was only me who is complaining hehe. Don't take me too seriously.

JPHiP Radio (28/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ano Natsu no Yoru (Miyoshi Erika)