JPHiP Radio (9/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Desert

Author Topic: Entangled Memories: A Night Through Hell (Prologue)  (Read 1350 times)

Offline ShikyoxYaiba

• The Atomic Warhead of Foolishness!!
  • Member+
  • TakaGakiKame. Yes.
Entangled Memories: A Night Through Hell (Prologue)
« on: February 20, 2009, 07:11:00 AM »
So I come...with a chapter fic??? WHAT MADNESS IS THIS!?  Well, It's the madness of a girl who's about to take her SAT soon.  I'll be on a semi hiatus (writing-wise) so I thought I'd post this now. I didn't want to do it until chapter 1 was done, but...eh.  In other words, updates on this might be slow; the chapters will be longer than those I'm accustomed to writing.

This fic is based off of a game I once played... It'll stick relatively close, but I'll try to throw in a few twists here and there. If you haven't played the game yet, that's even better. :sweatdrop:  Do tell me if you think you know the game, though. ;) I'm toying with the timeline, too. Some people will be older/younger as needed/described. Have fun finding out who the main character is. Don't worry, you'll find out at the end of the prologue. There might be a bit of the breaking of the fourth wall, too. Sorry if you guys don't like that.  So...here you go!!

Table of Contents:

[Prologue]
[Chapter One] - In progress

Entangled Memories:  A Night Through Hell
Prologue

Sunday, December 24th, 2005

A young lady of twenty years sat reclined at her desk, feet on top of her table.  The entire office, for the time being, was quiet.  Only light footsteps and the gentle shuffling of papers could be heard through the large room.  She shifted her feet around on top of her desk and raised a hand to her widening mouth, failing to stifle a yawn.

An incessant and high-pitched ringing broke through the silent atmosphere.  Lazily opening an eye, the young woman frowned and peered at the vibrating black phone in front of her.  She hesitated before moving her arms from behind her head to her mobile device.  She quickly glanced at the display screen before flipping the phone open and placing it against her ear.

“’Sup? Eighty-ninth precinct –”

“Sir, it’s about the Officer…She’s…”

In an instant, a look of disbelief and horror flashed across the woman’s face.  Her eyes widened as the young man’s voice continued to feed her the details through the electronic device.  She pulled her feet off the desk and stood up, dropping her phone on the floor.  Forgetting about the fallen object, she reached over her desk and grabbed her wallet and badge.  Office workers stared as they watched her flee the building.

God damn it…anyone but her.

--

Two shadowed silhouettes stood at the end of a pier, the waves beneath them crashing gently into the shore.  The setting sun cast a shadow upon one, but made the face of the other glow with an almost surreal appearance.  One girl raised her gun and pointed it with precision at the obscure figure before her.

“The hell do you think you’re doing?!” she cried.

“…” The shadowy individual turned around and faced the older woman.

“Why!?” she screamed, cocking her gun this time. “…Don’t move.” She threatened.

Something in the woman’s mind snapped as she saw her target turn to run.  Her mind went blank as she let her instinct and body take over.

She fired.

----

Thursday, December 24th, 2008

My eyes shot open as I threw off the covers and sat up in my bed.  I panted heavily, beads of sweat rolling down the side of my head and face.  My eyes darted to the window beside me, and I squinted at the sunlight that came through the clear glass. I placed my hands against my temples and gently massaged them. My head was pounding like it was hit with a bag of bricks.

“Dream,” I muttered. “It…It was just a dream.”

I wandered the halls of my small condo after my daily morning routine.  A small towel was draped over my shoulders, and my long brown hair was still wet from the shower that I had just taken.  I took comfort in the silence of my humble abode while I opened the refrigerator to get a glass of orange juice – that is, until my mobile rang.  Damn it.  I flicked the phone open and placed it against my ear, ready to give whoever the hell it was a piece of my mind.  It’s freaking six in the morning!

“Leave me the hell –”

“There’s a new job.”  A rough voice intervened.  “And what did I tell you about using strong language?”

“Like I give a damn.” I countered, putting my drink down.  “Not like you’re much better yourself.  Alright, give me the info.”

“Place called Resonant Blue; hotel hangin’ off the side of the highway – can’t miss it.  Get there.  Package is on its way.  You know what to do.”

I hung up and stuffed the phone into the pockets of my pants before grabbing my keys and a coat.  Within a matter of seconds (alright, so I’m exaggerating a bit) I was in my car and well down the highway.  Old hag said it was down the road, so I should be there soon enough.  I sat back and steered my car lazily with one arm down the straight path; not like anyone else is on this road.  It’s freaking deserted – What the hell?  Is that a person on the side of the road?

I squinted behind my sunglasses at the figure to my left, stepping a bit harder on my gas to get up to it faster.  Although I ended speeding past the person, I still got a good look.  Young, simple, long and straight brown hair, and a pensive expression – that’s what she looked like.  She’s wearing a simple white dress, too.  Whoever the hell she is, she better get somewhere soon.  It’s not safe out.  Then again, since when did I care? I shrugged to myself and kept my eyes focused on my surroundings.  Out of the corner of my eye I could see the faded mahogany color of a run down hotel’s walls.

I pulled up my car in front of the hotel and looked at it with a bit of a sick feeling.  I don’t quite know why, but something doesn’t feel right.  I shook off the feeling, grabbing a random hat and a suitcase from the back of my car.  Business as usual – that’s all it is.

Roughly, I opened the doors to the shabby hotel and observed the general look of the lobby.  Not much, it’s just barely the minimum that a hotel would need.  The front desk was ahead of me and to the right, while to my left there was a couch and the average table…  The room was empty, save for my own presence.  I pulled my hat lower over my eyes and hauled my suitcase towards the front desk where I annoyingly pounded at the bell.  What kind of hotel leaves the front desk unattended?

“Aaaaaahhh!!” someone cried.  I directed my attention to the doorway from which their footsteps could be heard.  No later had I turned to look had she come – some short haired lady in a maid outfit.  She seems pretty young, too.  I wonder why she’s working here.  I raised a brow in confusion as she leaned against the door frame, catching her breath.

“Hello?”

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I’m sorry!!!” she blurted.  “Er, uh…  The manager is kind of busy at the moment… I’ll be glad to help you instead?  Or should I just take your name and notify her…?”

“I’ll take the latter,” I sighed, pulling myself over to the couch.  “I’ll just wait here.  I need to talk with her anyway…” I collapsed on the couch and inhaled deeply.  For a run down hotel like this, the couch isn’t so bad.

“So um… Can I get your name?”

“Miki.  Fujimoto Miki.”
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 07:18:46 PM by ShikyoxYaiba »

Offline strawb3rrykream

• JPHiP's official imouto <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Kimuuu's girl <3
    • strawb3rrykream
    • strawb3rrykream
Re: Entangled Memories: A Night Through Hell (Prologue)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2009, 03:27:36 PM »
I'm sold. :D Detective-y fic plus Miki sama as the main character= :inlove: I'm guessing the maid girl is Ai-chan? :P

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2009, 05:24:39 PM »
YEAH!! this looks like gunsters xD and Killers and everything  :cool1:

Miki-sama  :onionwhip:

Waiting Chap I  :kekeke:

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2009, 07:15:57 PM »
Mystery fic? Nice.  :)

Miki's in it? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOICE. :twothumbs

JPH!P :heart:'s Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Fenrir

• RPG baka
  • Subcru
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 05:19:37 AM »
Yay! Miki!!! :heart:

You know, I was curious to know what game you were basing this off of, but I had no clue. However, when I went to the game store today to look for my friend's b-day gift, I saw one game they had that kinda reminded me of this fic. Took a look at the back to read what it was about and there was a picture of two people on the pier with one holding a gun at the other. I was like ehhhh?! No way!! XD So, here's my guess:
[bgcolor=#000000]
Hotel Dusk (Wish Room)
[/bgcolor]

Never played the game though.

Offline Haruka

• ^Every time I see you, my heart hurts^
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~ Miki Queen ~
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 05:42:27 AM »
The HELL?

The only thing I know about games is Mario Bross xD and TopGear xD and ammm Sunset Rider's xD

I love the last one xD

God!! She knows she's HOT!

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2009, 05:58:27 PM »
OWWWWW. My poor head. How many characters are there in here!?!? I lost count. And the worse thing is, I have no idea who the people are. I haven't the faintest idea. I need you to come back and post more Shiichan!

Hmmm shall I hold off GS 10 until you update this? *evil laugh* :P

Offline Sukoshi

• Member+
  • Forever in love with the turtle and the hare
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 01:19:59 AM »
Ooo new fic~  and a detective one at that =D  I really like the setting so far.  I've always like the feel of the barren Nevada desert.  (I know you didn't say Nevada but I really did get that feel from your story...and not because I remember some of the game...the remembering part came way later)

I like how you picked Fujimoto to be the main character, seems very fitting =D  Can't wait to see what happens next =D

Quote from: lil_hamz
I'll be waiting with some tasty cookies and warm milk when you're done. Hmmmm I wonder if Sukoshi-chan can find some space in her bush to fit us too

hehe I'll pass on the milk but I'll let you in the bush for the price of half a cookie ^_^

JPHiP Radio (9/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Huckleberry Finn - Desert