JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Yurayura

Author Topic: (Group) KARA (카라)  (Read 729538 times)

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
(Group) KARA (카라)
« on: March 06, 2009, 06:36:59 PM »
So the other week I wanted to post something KARA related and couldn't find a thread, which made me think "I really should make them one", but now with the awesome first no.1 :heart: and a request for a thread from someone else, I decided to stop being so lazy and do it... Without further ado, welcome to the brilliant world that is KARA :w00t:

MEMBERS

Name: Park GyuRi
Position: Leader, Main Vocal (2007-present)
Date of birth: May 21, 1988
Favorite color: Purple
Blood type: AB

Name: Han SeungYeon
Position: Lead Vocal (2007-present)
Date of birth: July 24, 1988
Favorite color: Pink
Blood type: A

Name: Jung Nicole
Position: Sub Vocal, Rapper, Lead Dancer (2007-present)
Date of birth: October 7, 1991
Favorite color: Orange
Blood Type: A

Name: Goo HaRa
Position: Sub Vocal, Main Dancer (2008-present)
Date of birth: January 13, 1991

Name: Kang JiYoung
Position: Sub Vocal (2008-present)
Date of birth: January 18, 1994

Past Member

Name: Kim SungHee
Position: Main Vocal (2007-2008)
Date of birth: May 17, 1989
Favorite color: Green
Blood Type: B
- Early 2008, just prior to Kara's scheduled comeback, SungHee left the group (influenced by parental pressure) after failing her college entrance exam.

Discography
Debut album: The First Blooming - Released March 29, 2007. Includes 'Break It', 'If U Wanna' & 'Secret World'. (Original credit: Sev)
Mini-album: Rock U - Released July 24, 2008. (Original credit: Sev)
Digital single: Good Day season 2 - Released October 13, 2008. (Credit: sh15uya)
2nd Mini-album: Pretty Girl - Released December 4, 2008.
2nd Mini-album special edition: Honey - Released February 18, 2008. (Credit: sh15uya)
2nd Full Length Album: Revolution - Released July 30 2009. (Credit: Sev)

MVs
Break It (Credit: sh15uya)
If U Wanna (Credit: sh15uya)
Pretty Girl (Credit: Naomi)
Honey (Credit: Naomi)

Honey - M Countdown Number 1 ranking
KARA M Countdown Ranking & Encore Stage 090305
Seeing this is like a 'historical' moment for KARA being the 1st number 1 I'm putting it in the first post  :twothumbs
Gyuri made me cry :cry: Nicole was such a sweetie yelling to Kamilia :wub: And HaRa dancing by herself made me laugh XD
Of course this means a lot to all of them but its really such a special for the original three, I'm so proud of them :love: I was actually saying all Thursday (to people who didn't care) how awesome it would be if KARA took that number 1 spot from SNSD seeing they were so close and then BAM it happened... maybe I should talk about it more often :P
Now does as SungHee and GyuRi would and...
SPREAD THE LOVE PEOPLE~!
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:15:54 PM by Stryfe »

Offline kuno_thunder

• Dance, dance, dance til we run this town!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ^ Yoonaxfoliation. ^
Re: KARA General Discussion Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2009, 06:59:07 PM »
I was curious about that actually, Ping and I were talking about it yesterday.  If Honey just beat out Gee on M Countdown for the number 1, which chart was it for?  The weekly?  Or does M Countdown differ from the MNet Charts?  According to M Net's website this week, Gee has a little "#1" next to it, and Honey has a little "#2".  On the "type D" chart (I assume meaning download, or daily) today, DaVichi's 8282 is at #1, with Gee at #2, and Honey at #4.  I dunno, shiz is confusing.

I still like Kara tho, despite all the talks of Seungyeon being a bitch at times.  She's probably just hovering the line between conceit and confidence, crossing over once in a while.  I used to be annoyed at Koo Hara, but now I think she's adorable.  The big pink puffy hat for the Pretty Girl perfs completely won me over, lol.

Offline Seagull

• Ryo's lover <333
  • Member+
  • Soshified Shapley, E.L.F, Ryotard <3
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2009, 07:21:48 PM »
I loved Break it for a while, and then I kinda forgot them, it wasn't until the release of Pretty Girl that I became a fan and now I'm a BIG GyuRi fan  :wub: Damn she's pretty! and I also like Nicole and JiYoung, both of them are damn cute *_* I like SeungYeon and Hara too of course, but not as much as the other ones XD

When they won first place on Mnet Countdown, I almost started crying because GyuRi was crying so much, but CONGRATULATIONS!  :heart: They deserve it : D

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2009, 07:33:11 PM »
I've seen many variations on the 'Gu' but i like the Gu so go with it, lol.
In the music video for "Rock U", they romanize it as "Koo Hara", so I just go with that. =P

And yay, a KARA thread! I was tempted to make one, but I didn't get around to it. XD Hara is my favorite member so far. :wub: Not entirely sure why. When I saw the video for "Pretty Girl", she just stood out to me the most. She was sooo cute in it. :heart:

Also, for the longest time, I got Gyuri and Nicole mixed up. I could tell them apart, but I thought Gyuri was Nicole and Nicole was Gyuri, so now I find it weird to call them by their actual names. :lol: Makes more sense, though. Gyuri doesn't look like she was born in 1991. XD

I didn't know they got first place. XD Yay for them! Congrats, KARA! (Even though I prefer SNSD, I'm really happy for them, hehe.) There reactions were really sweet, too, when they were crying too much to sing. Aww.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2009, 08:26:25 PM »
[...]
Discography
... Coming Soon...
(I don't have the Digital single or the Honey remixed mini album coz I was waiting to get my copy but that won't be for a couple of weeks, so if anyone wants to upload them that would be awesome and I'll add them to the first post with credits :) Uploading the rest now.)
[/center]
[...]

KARA - Good Day Season 2 - Digital Single / 9 MB
KARA - Honey Special Ed. / 35 MB ( track #6 missing ? )

I'll upload some vid later :3

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 08:33:34 PM »
^ I don't think there is a track #6.

And I'm uploading the videos for Honey and Pretty Girl right now. :D (I'll edit this post when it's done)

Edit
KARA - Honey
KARA - Pretty Girl
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 10:01:45 PM by Naomi »

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2009, 10:03:59 PM »
Congrats girls! (Though you beat my beloved SNSD :P ) I do like Kara, but they just don't have that thing that really draws me in completely. I like SeungYeon and Nicole.

And yeah I'm with K_T in that these chart things confuse the hell out of me.

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2009, 10:11:57 PM »
^ I don't get the charts, either. Maybe Kara was just #1 at that one place, same with SNSD.

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2009, 10:33:49 PM »
I've never understood those charts thingy lol

d/l : KARA - Break It / [SS]

d/l : KARA - KBS MusicBank 090306 - Honey / [MU]

Offline yusriazri

• Yuri!!
  • Dear mom..
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2009, 01:46:20 AM »
yeah finally..
ahaha..
KARA thread...
first korean group i love before SNSD..
KARA discrography
this discrography without speacial edition..
and i like break it more than honey..
and i miss kim sunghee...

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #10 on: March 07, 2009, 03:10:10 AM »
first korean group i love before SNSD..
Actually KARA was my first real Korean pop group fandom aswell. And yet today there aren't many pop songs that beat Secret World and Break It. Truth is Break It was love at first sight. Tough Korean pop and awesome street clothing with the hoodies and New Era's, don't get any better.

And I gotta be honest. When SungHee left I kinda gave up on 'em. Still had Break it, Secret World and Fighting rolling on my ipod, but it felt like KARA without SungHee wasn't the real deal, even though I have mad love Gyuri and for SeungYeon. I sort of kept up somewhat, without paying attention to the new girls (still i refuse to learn their names in respect for SungHee, lol) and it wasn't really really until Pretty Girl that I could fully embrace Gyuri and the girls back in my heart.

It goes without saying that I am really happy that they finally got  thread here seeing how me and Citra and Maria at times used to be the only one who populated the thread back at Hello!Online. Finally eh?! Why haven't we done this before lol?

I'm upping Fighting, SungHee's OST Solo and also First Blooming and Pretty Girl in .flac in a minute, if someone rolls like that. I think there are links elsewhere, but they need to be here aswell.

Edit:
More files for you:
DL: Kara - Fighting - Chasing Kangnam omma OST. This is a fun and funky song no-one should miss. One of my all time favorite KARA songs.
DL: 김성희-그럼된거죠 - SungHee's OST solo for the Three Leaf Clover drama with Hyori. This stuff is, if not better, as good as TaeYeons OST solo.
DL: Pretty Girl .flac (138.82 MB + cover) My rip.
DL: First Blooming .flac (254.81 MB + cover) My rip.
(I'ma try to upload the flacs onto a free file hosting server. For now, mine will do.)

I said I'd try to scan the mini photobook/booklet for Pretty Girl in the Asian Request thread. Hopefully I'll remember to do it next week at work. If anyone is still interested.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 08:18:57 PM by Sev »
[/url]

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 03:37:23 AM »
I said I'd try to scan the mini photobook/booklet for Pretty Girl in the Asian Request thread. Hopefully I'll remember to do it next week at work. If anyone is still interested.
I'm still interested. :D

As for the when Sung Hee was in the group - I discovered the group after she left, so naturally, I prefer it the way it is now. I tried to listen to their first album, and honestly, I couldn't get into it at all. =/ Not my kind of music.

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 04:05:46 AM »
^ I wanna say: Too bad to hear about that. But I guess any KARA love is good love, lol. :D Personally I'm glad to have been there from the start, coz truth is KARA never had nor will ever have a singer like SungHee. She was and if she'll ever get into music again, still will be outstanding compared to anyone. Now from sound to pictures:

Ye olde pics. Originally posted on H!O early '08 (and prolly gotten off soompi or whatever first).

JiYoung:

Hara:

SungHee in a bikini (on the right. It's supposedly her :drool:):

More:

[/url]

Offline lollipopgirl

• Forever with us JABBY! <3
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's all about the girl love!
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2009, 10:51:17 AM »
Thanks everyone for the help with photos, d/ls, vids everything :heart:
Let me know if there's anything you want me to add/change in the first post (I changed Hara's name for Naomi :D). I just want it to be quick and easy for future fans to catch up on stuff, seeing with their ever increasing popularity atm I'm hoping a heap more fall in love with them :wub:

As for how my KARA fandom started, it's all coz of the Wonder Girls XD I figured I better go check out the group that YooBin's best friend was the leader of & force myself to like them out of respect for YooBin (my mind works in strange ways) but as soon as I heard Break It I didn't have to force anything. I'm really surprised you couldn't get into the older stuff Naomi, I honestly think that 'The First Blooming' is one of the best overall albums I've ever heard, and not just from the Asian music scene. But like you said, its not your type of music, whereas its the exact style I've always loved, strong women just owning  their cool music. 'Secret World' is by far my fave KARA song, to me it feels like some musical masterpiece with the layers in the song, despite the crappy English grammar :lol:

As for members, SungHee will always be my number one and nothing will change that. If she was still in the group she'd probably be equal with YooBin for my fave Korean Idol and that's saying a lot. It took me a while to get use to KARA II without her especially coz of the change of style. Like Sev said, there will never be a singer to replace her and I'm kinda glad they didn't try to find someone to when they added HaRa & JiYoung. I know she said she's still working towards a music career, I just hope it works coz if her voice was able to mature within the group as she grew I have little doubt that in 10 years she would be one of the best vocalists Korea has ever had.

@Sev: Thanks for the pics :w00t: SungHee in a bikini = :drool: She is always so damn gorgeous and those dimples are such killers  :inlove:

Nicole is now my fave coz she is just so freakin' lovable :wub: She always makes me smile (same with SungHee) so I can't help but adore her. I have so much respect for GyuRi, she is an amazing person and seems to have such a great aura & I love the idea of bitchy SeungYeon, so that hasn't turned me off her at all :lol: I'm really not a fan of HaRa, she just annoys me and I can't explain why so I tend to not focus on her much, sorry to the HaRa fans :( It's not like I hate her or anything, maybe I just still need time to get use to her :P Finally, JiYoung is such a cutie that I'd feel mean and guilty if I didn't like her, she's really grown on me *pinches JiYoung's cheeks*

Oh & does anyone have the 'If U Wanna' MV?

Bbabbaddaya~
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 11:26:36 AM by lollipopgirl »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2009, 01:21:41 PM »

d/l : KARA - If U Wanna / [MU]
not a great quality tho  :doh:

better one : http://rapidshare.com/files/206471961/KARA_-_If_U_Wanna.avi.html / 128MB
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:42:03 PM by sh15uya »

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 02:05:05 PM »

Offline Naomi

• Member+
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 09:52:42 PM »
^ Thanks for the videos! I really like the outfits they're wearing for the Honey performance. Now why can't Japanese performances be more like this with different outfits and such? :P

I'm really not a fan of HaRa, she just annoys me and I can't explain why so I tend to not focus on her much, sorry to the HaRa fans :(
I can kinda understand that, even though I haven't seen anything of the girl, other than performances and music videos. XD I don't know why she's my favorite, though. I haven't seen any of her personality, and yet she's my favorite. o.O XD

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2009, 11:06:00 PM »
old HQ perfs

d/l : [MU]

d/l : [MU]

d/l : [MU] ( If U Wanna )
« Last Edit: March 08, 2009, 01:35:44 PM by sh15uya »

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 12:29:46 PM »
sh15uya: The dl links for Secret World is wrong. It's a duplicate of Break It 070414. Thought you might wanna know. :)

I do, coz I want that Secret World perf. Thanks.
[/url]

Offline sh15uya

• °(è_é)°
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 01:35:54 PM »
^
lol sorry, fixed :)

another perf.

d/l : [MU] ( Dream concert perf. : If U Wanna & Break It )

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Yaida Hitomi - Yurayura