JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004844 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2100 on: September 08, 2012, 09:11:25 PM »
Seriously, those ending credits to Arkham City was ridiculously long. Great game, I appreciate the efforts from the people who worked on it, but there was no need to make it so long.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2101 on: September 10, 2012, 11:04:52 AM »
Finally playing Mass Effect 3. I've luckily avoided all spoilers about the ending when it first was crazy. So playing this game with the extended cut is going to be my initial memory of the game. So far, its fucking Mass Effect. So I am enjoying it thus far. But, the whole Shepard's crazy fever dream sequence (I'm only 3 hours in so I only had one so far) is already tiresome. I get why one would choose to have them --character development, etc -- but I've already done that through two games.

It's my Shepard. I know how he behaves and what he believes in. I don't need the game to confirm that or even persuade me another way. If it was one game, that's fine, but being three games deep, feels like a fool's errand.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2102 on: September 10, 2012, 11:11:19 AM »

I finally bought Limbo yesterday. Played the demo a while back and was waiting for a price drop and here it was Deal of the Week on XBL.
I played a bit, died a lot and wow the atmosphere and ... the things that happen, gruel and dark and intriguing sick, but now I'm stuck.

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2103 on: September 10, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
^ Thanks for that..
Never heard of it before, so thought I would check it out.. Damn, that is my type of game!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2104 on: September 10, 2012, 10:17:10 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2105 on: September 11, 2012, 11:22:32 AM »
counterstrike : go FUCKING SUCKS - waste of money  :angry:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2106 on: September 11, 2012, 07:25:29 PM »
If anybody is looking to kill around six hours: Let's Play Grim Fandango

I can't remember actually finishing the game at the time, so it's a lot of fun to watch this.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2107 on: September 12, 2012, 01:52:30 AM »

I'm warming up to the voice acting.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2108 on: September 12, 2012, 10:33:29 PM »
Bought Bejeweled 3 from XBL marketplace... bad, bad, BAD move. I was just over Hexic HD and Zuma, now I have a new addiction to suck away my lifetime.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2109 on: September 12, 2012, 11:16:27 PM »
It's my Shepard. I know how he behaves and what he believes in. I don't need the game to confirm that or even persuade me another way. If it was one game, that's fine, but being three games deep, feels like a fool's errand.

Definately is. I'm definately curious to hear what you think of that game when you finish it, seeing as you're playing it with the Extended Ending and whether or not having that makes it a better experience for you. Or even on your thoughts of ME3 overall. Keep me updated!

I'm warming up to the voice acting.

I like this new fighter. Seems less doll like than the other DOA characters.

Kinda tempted to see what Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is all about, even though I suck at Tekken. But I do like a fighting game with a lot of content, and with 50 characters who each have those crazy CGI endings, it could be worth a look.

Can't stress how cool Dark Souls is. Loving the combat, the sense of scale, the feeling of oppression and danger that comes with every step and the feeling of being able to overcome it. But I've just done some reading up and found that I've missed out on some cool weapons you can get by targeting weaknesses on boss characters, some of which turn out to be some of the best weapons in the game. But you only get one shot at it, as the bosses don't come back. It feels like I'm missing out on the really cool stuff by not having a guide in hand as I play the game, but I absolutely don't want that, as it would ruin the surprise.

What video game companies would look like if they were your friends

« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 11:31:55 PM by Tuffty »

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #2110 on: September 13, 2012, 05:09:37 PM »
I got Tekken Tag Tournament 2 today! :peace: Evem though the release day is tomorrow XD *coughcoughThanksAmazoncoughcough*

I can't wait to play it :)

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline nimrod

• RihoLicious!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • BABYMETAL DEATH!
« Reply #2111 on: September 14, 2012, 07:17:14 PM »
Black Mesa Source is out now  :w00t: :D :shocked :jerk:

http://www.blackmesasource.com/
りほ, りほ Password is りほ  ♪

がんばれいな!- twitter - last.fm - DVD Profiler - tumblr

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #2112 on: September 15, 2012, 04:28:37 PM »
I dunno, if you all know NieR... but I'm really hooked up to the game currently! It has a great story and beautiful music as well. Battle system is easy to use too!
I rented the game first, to get a first impression on it and I must say: Square Enix didn't let me down with this game! <3 I'll definitely buy the game soon in one of the GameStop stores here... and maybe import the Japanese version as well, because Bishounen protagonist! trolololoololol *shot*

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2113 on: September 15, 2012, 04:59:47 PM »
Congrats Ayako, NieR is a great game!!! Glad you like it!
Btw S-E only acted as publisher, they didn't make the game.
Sadly, Cavia, the company that made the game, was closed after NieR was finsished.

I'm thinking about getting a Beat'em Up, either Tekken Tag Tournament or Dead or Alive, I can't decide which one.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2114 on: September 15, 2012, 10:12:03 PM »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2115 on: September 15, 2012, 11:30:26 PM »
Played the trial version for Mark of The Ninja, a recently released XBLA game and really, really enjoyed it. Makes you feel like a total badass when you enter a room and work out and execute all the steps you need to kill everyone in the room without being spotted. Or not. Only after completing it did I find that you get a score point bonus for killing no enemies so I retried it and found that I could do just that (challenging as it was). I bought the full version after that. It's got some really nice artwork, is slick and fast, and each level has multiple side objectives, hidden items and areas to explore...that whole game is pretty cool.  After playing some more levels, I'm liking it more and more as more items and skills become available. Definately recommend it if you liked the Tenchu series approach to being a ninja or if you also like being a sneaky fucker.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #2116 on: September 16, 2012, 04:45:36 PM »
Congrats Ayako, NieR is a great game!!! Glad you like it!
Btw S-E only acted as publisher, they didn't make the game.
Sadly, Cavia, the company that made the game, was closed after NieR was finsished.

I'm thinking about getting a Beat'em Up, either Tekken Tag Tournament or Dead or Alive, I can't decide which one.

Did you played the game too? :) What do you think of it?
Oh I understand.... that's really sad about Cavia.... I still hope, I can get the game at one of the electronic stores... If not, I need to go to GameStop lol

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2117 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:10 AM »
So I finished Mass Effect 3 with the extended cut.

How I first finished the game, with the extended cut added, I thought it was cool. It tied in really well. But, if the extended cut wasn't there I think it would have still worked. But with calling it an "extended cut", I was expecting something longer. So when I finished it, I was kinda confused  XD. Then I just went back and replayed it and ended it another way, and it was basically the same with a few different lines.

So I got curious and decided to get on youtube and watch all the endings with the new cut.

I think the extended cut works for one of the endings, two of them make things more confusing, and one ending left me indifferent.

So, I think it was absurd that Bioware got so much shit when ME3 first came out, because at least to me, they went 1 for 4 with the extended cut.

As for the game as a whole, I had a love/hate relationship with how the quests were doled out. Shepard has to unite the galaxy, so it makes sense that all these races have these agendas that I have to fulfill. I hated that I had to put out all these fires. FUCK THAT! But, I thought about it, and I realized that because I had a real reaction to having to do all this work, they have succeeded. I wasn't mindlessly doing these quests because that's what you do, but I did them because I was pissed that I had to solve all these problems before we can work together for the Reapers. A big plus I think.

The whole Reaper Alert thing is utterly dumb. There's no penalty to be caught by them in space. You die, reload save and make sure to hit the spots with shit to scan. Half-baked idea. So was keeping the probe/mining system. Might as well ripped it out.

Those dream sequences are still a waste of time to me.

With all that being said, I think ME3's highs were the highest of the trilogy. I had a save from ME2 with everyone surviving, so running into everyone in ME3 was great fan service. Seeing three game long storylines solved one way or another was especially satisfying. There was one thing that I did that really got to me. I'm still not sure about what I did was right.

But, I'll still say ME2 was the best of the three games. Cast of characters I think was better. Mechanics in that game from top to bottom made sense. Also felt like there was more to do. I sank I think 60 hours into that game, while I finished ME3 with 25.

There goes my ME3 rant. Please, please, someone PM me about their ME3 playthrough with spoilers. I want to share notes. So I might just head to the ME thread here and put things in spoilers  :lol:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2118 on: September 20, 2012, 07:12:21 PM »
Playing FTL last now.  Its like $10 on steam.  Man is it addicting. Played about 8hours so far.  Haven't won yet haha.  It would really work as a phone game

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2119 on: September 20, 2012, 09:16:44 PM »
I don't know what's more ridiculous, the fact that this 'dating advice' video is serious and even exists, or the fact there's a real dating site called 'Shag A Gamer'

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: George Lam - 10 Minute Medley