JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Yuki no Ashiato

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009874 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2440 on: April 19, 2013, 12:22:41 AM »
^ If you get to play Transistor, I'm gonna be so jelly.

Playing Metal Gear Rising : Revengeance non fucking stop lately. Trying so hard to just clear all the VR missions, only 2 left to go and they're the only 2 without gold medals too. Trying to beat the game on Very Hard/Revengeance difficulty too which is no joke. I think the more achievable goal is to beat all the bosses on Hard without taking damage. Already done it for Mistral, Sundowner and just there now, Jetstream Sam. Speaking of which I got the DLC as well. I think those complaining about it's length is missing the point of it and Revengeance entirely. It doesn't matter if the main game is 6 hrs, or this DLC is an hour. The game's deep enough and fun enough for players who are super into these games to go back and learn the intricacies of the gameplay engine and become better at it. Which I have done, I mean I never though I'd be able to beat Sam on hard, never mind not getting hit. It's just fun to go back and play that the game time easily goes beyond the initial 6 hrs. And Sam not only controls differently, but it's a harder chapter than anything in the main game so again, plenty of reason to go back. I love it.

Also, dat soundtrack? Dat soundtrack.

« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:32:30 AM by Tuffty »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2441 on: April 19, 2013, 02:14:22 AM »
^ If you get to play Transistor, I'm gonna be so jelly.

No matter how long it takes, I'm gonna play Transistor.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2442 on: April 20, 2013, 01:18:38 PM »
Samus Aran faces her toughest opponent yet

Offline Aioros

• 「 ebiru powered+ 」
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • A CAT IS FINE TOO...
« Reply #2443 on: April 24, 2013, 01:11:21 AM »
true story :lol:

WAR AKARI!!! Infernal Ninjutsu, Hidden Lore...Freedom of Opposites Technique!!! Rest in peace Kyle,Jab,Mom,Tita, ChrNo...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2444 on: April 24, 2013, 11:57:56 PM »
Holy shit you guys! I just beat all the VR missions on Revengeance and all on gold medals! I can't tell you how tough that was, especially for missions 18 and 19. Enemies kill you in one hit. It's ridiculous.

In other news, the next Xbox has finally been confirmed by MS and will be unveiled towards the end of next month. But in more exciting news, Xbox is getting it's own Pizza Hut app with Kinect support that will deliver a pizza to your house. Finally, I can live the dream of ordering a pizza through crappy hardware and be able to share that info with Facebook....

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2445 on: April 25, 2013, 02:35:31 AM »
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/191007/inside_the_playstation_4_with_mark_.php

Some nice details on the PS4. While I won't lining up on launch day, based on what's revealed so far, I'm thinking of getting it launch month anyway.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2446 on: April 26, 2013, 12:48:27 AM »
One for us Shenmue fans :lol:

Offline Forthisgift

• Kim Jong Trill
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Team Swag
« Reply #2447 on: April 26, 2013, 04:35:45 AM »
^ made my day, dude.

sig not by Stryfe... but I don't have the heart to remove the shout-out

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2448 on: April 26, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »
I caved and bought Tomb Raider today, pre-owned from GameStop, only to find out too late that it's on sale 50% off on the PSN store this weekend. *sigh* Oh well.  :bigdeal:

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2449 on: April 27, 2013, 07:07:02 AM »
Ah.. we need more games like Kerbal Space Program. Pretty much one of the most fun, rewarding and awe inspiring games I ever played even if I can only play it at 20fps :p Now to go beyond the Mun!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2450 on: April 27, 2013, 12:34:49 PM »
Fuck me this is bad

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2451 on: April 27, 2013, 04:27:41 PM »
^Just curious. Is that the Zero Punctuation guy talking really slow, or just some normal guy, talking normally?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2452 on: April 27, 2013, 10:07:29 PM »
It's not the same guy lol

The developers of CD Projekt Red keep going up higher and higher in people's estimations, saying that they're ditching QTE's and they won't be including multiplayer, focusing on creating a great single player experience instead. And it's just fine with me. Skyrim and Bioshock Infinite are two great examples of games that sell well despite the fact they don't have multiplayer.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2453 on: April 28, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »
Say what you will about Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain, I just think David Cage is a prick. Someone so arrogant as to think that there aren't any good video game stories out there, other than his own and this unhealthy obsession of his where video games and Hollywood must merge together for better game stories when really, the stories in his games wouldn't even make the cut as a C-grade Hollywood film.

Anyway, his douchebag levels got up to a new high this week by having his upcoming film, sorry, game, Beyond : Two Souls, to the Tribeca Film Festival. And to make the industry be aware of that, a blank script of the game was created. It's 2000 blank pages, a representation of the dialogue that's in the game. "The average film script is 100 pages. At 2000 pages, this is not your average film script."  :yawn:

I'll say again. 2000 blank pages. Bound. Hole punched so you can't reuse them in a printer. What a waste of paper and trees, all in an attempt to show what an intellectual he is. Like he's better than other developers. You don't see the likes of Bioware or indie devs self-fellating themselves over the depth of the game world's they've created. What a blowhard.

*EDIT*

My secret admirer returned today, playing against him again in a Deathmatch on Crysis 3. I won, repeatedly, which led to this, more sweet nothings being whispered into my ear...

« Last Edit: April 29, 2013, 11:22:15 PM by Tuffty »

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2454 on: May 05, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »
I don't know if I should be glad that I haven't used my N64 in years...
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2455 on: May 06, 2013, 12:00:37 AM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2456 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:37 PM »
What's with game devs love of putting out bad, short DLCs? Vergil's Downfall, Harley Quinn's Revenge...it's like the only non-awful recent DLC is Dishonored's Knife of Dunwall
(dunno about King Washington, was never a AC fan)

Offline CrisisReversed

• ecchi
  • Nothing to put here
« Reply #2457 on: May 10, 2013, 01:05:17 AM »
Sims 4 is rumored to be announced  Monday. You ready?
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a478920/the-sims-4-registered-by-ea-announcement-tipped-for-monday.html

I hope to dear god that EA doesn't continue to be a prick about DRM with this game like they were with SimCity.  I've lost all my faith in them as a company and I just hope they don't screw this up for longtime fans of the series.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2458 on: May 10, 2013, 01:03:01 PM »
Bought FEZ on Steam earlier this week. Didn't care about how the game developer is a jerk.

Almost done with my first playthrough and several pages of notes of various button combinations, deciphered messages, a few QR codes, and a video recording of two blinking red dots. Too bad I won't be able to get 100% until I get 'New Game+'

It like the Myst series all over again.

Offline RikoLiFan

• Member+
« Reply #2459 on: May 10, 2013, 06:17:28 PM »
Sims 4 is rumored to be announced  Monday. You ready?
http://www.digitalspy.com/gaming/news/a478920/the-sims-4-registered-by-ea-announcement-tipped-for-monday.html

I hope to dear god that EA doesn't continue to be a prick about DRM with this game like they were with SimCity.  I've lost all my faith in them as a company and I just hope they don't screw this up for longtime fans of the series.
EA announces it will be offline single-player. Most likely will still have 80 thousand DLCs/expansions, as per the normal case with Sims.

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - Yuki no Ashiato