JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Ore No Kanojo (My Girlfriend)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009823 times)

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2580 on: August 31, 2013, 05:19:20 AM »
Yeah, Nintendo isn't going anywhere. I'd love to see the next Nintendo portable be usable as a Wii U tablet and maybe even play some of the Wii U games that support being played on the tablet screen.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2581 on: September 01, 2013, 07:33:50 PM »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2582 on: September 02, 2013, 01:55:08 AM »
^ Duke Nukem isn't my kind of game, but I remember playing the demo and liking it a bit.

I think I'm gonna pick up DOA 5:Ultimate along with GTA V. After waiting years for DOA 5, the excitement was gone, and I didn't get the game. A little interest has returned now, but it will be neglected for quite some time because of GTA.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2583 on: September 02, 2013, 04:59:32 PM »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2584 on: September 03, 2013, 08:03:28 AM »
Playing Bioshock 1 and loving it!!! (just reached Fort Frolic)
I immensely enjoy hacking and looting, I search and hack EVERYTHING muahahaha!
Too bad you can only carry 500$.
Also the game is either super easy or I'm really good at it, at least it makes me feel I'm super competent in what I'm doing.
I'm surprised I'm so good at it, I usually suck at shooters, but only died twice so far and that was more by accident, because I forgot to heal in time.
I love the atmosphere and rich enviroements.

To those who have played Bioshock 2: how is the SP campaign? Is it comparable in length and quality? I'm not interested in MP. I only know it's set 8 years after BS1 and you play as a Big Daddy. Would you remmoend it or is it skippable storywise. I definitely plan on playing Infinite though.

Btw the game has me so hocked I even dreamed of it last night XD
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 08:10:49 AM by coachie »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2585 on: September 03, 2013, 04:13:21 PM »
Gonna return SRIV today.  That game was a major let down for me.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2586 on: September 03, 2013, 10:33:54 PM »
To those who have played Bioshock 2: how is the SP campaign? Is it comparable in length and quality? I'm not interested in MP.

I would be amazed if anyone's playing that multiplayer now! Played Bioshock 2, enjoyed it but it it is very much like the first game. Depressingly so. As I recall the story centers around a woman who's ideals are the polar opposite from Andrew Ryan's so it's interesting to see it from that perspective and how they approach that. I just don't recall many memorable moments unfortunately, there is no 'twist' like in the first game. I guess it's up to you, if you play Bioshock 2 you could be burned out by the time you get to Infinite. But then you might be disappointed in Infinite anyway as it has gameplay mechanics that are further dumbed down from the first game making the combat just not as fun. But then I really did not like Infinite as a whole anyway. I'll leave you to form your own opinion of the game when the time comes.

Regarding Bioshock 2, I have heard that the DLC, Minerva's Den, is the best thing that's ever come out of the series, even topping what was in the first game. Supposedly it's a lengthy campaign with an awesome story. I haven't played it myself, but I've yet to see or hear someone talking bad about it, so if you're a fan, that would be worth looking into as well!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2587 on: September 05, 2013, 11:21:10 AM »
I would be amazed if anyone's playing that multiplayer now! Played Bioshock 2, enjoyed it but it it is very much like the first game. Depressingly so. As I recall the story centers around a woman who's ideals are the polar opposite from Andrew Ryan's so it's interesting to see it from that perspective and how they approach that. I just don't recall many memorable moments unfortunately, there is no 'twist' like in the first game. I guess it's up to you, if you play Bioshock 2 you could be burned out by the time you get to Infinite. But then you might be disappointed in Infinite anyway as it has gameplay mechanics that are further dumbed down from the first game making the combat just not as fun. But then I really did not like Infinite as a whole anyway. I'll leave you to form your own opinion of the game when the time comes.

Regarding Bioshock 2, I have heard that the DLC, Minerva's Den, is the best thing that's ever come out of the series, even topping what was in the first game. Supposedly it's a lengthy campaign with an awesome story. I haven't played it myself, but I've yet to see or hear someone talking bad about it, so if you're a fan, that would be worth looking into as well!

Thanks Tuffty! Since I wouldn't play BS2 right after I finished with BS1, being burned out by the gameplay doesn't concern me, there will be at least a few months in between before I get around to BS2. Also it's good they haven't changed the gameplay, so it will be easier to get back into it.
I heard people complaining about the "dumbed down" gameplay of Infinite, and I have no idea how that will play out in the game, i mean BS doesn't have the most complex gameplay to begin with imho, or is it just my conservative playstyle? XD I have my fix set of plasmids/tonics/weapons I work with and right now it's practically a walk in the park. There is not much motivation to use other plasmids or weapons or try new things for me. But I just finished Fort Frolic, so maybe it's to soon to say that.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't mind if Infinite has simple gameplay, as long as I like the story ^^

« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 11:46:59 AM by coachie »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2588 on: September 06, 2013, 05:56:51 PM »
This is just a simple AI moment that amused me when it happened:

TYPE AWAY LADY
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2589 on: September 09, 2013, 12:09:12 AM »
Really liking playing Stealth Inc on PS3. Deceptively simple looking but very complex puzzle platformer that keeps introducing new game mechanics and then builds upon them to create complex levels. Reminds me of Portal, not because there are literal Portals at one point, but because it is genuinely quite challenging when it combines all these elements which you have to use and reach the end of the level with.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2590 on: September 10, 2013, 05:56:24 AM »
Why did I find out too late that not only Laura Bailey was in Saints Row: The Third, but she also sang along to Sublime's What I Got? Also heard she's in Saints Row IV as well.

And then there's Persona 4: Golden....

I hate you, Travis Willingham, for marrying such a wonderful woman. Just a lil' bit.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2591 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:22 AM »
The powers of subliminal messaging. :)

Of course, it's likely not going to work on any youngin's who've never played Super Mario Bros. before. :P

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2592 on: September 11, 2013, 01:11:02 AM »
How do you know that you're playing video games WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much?

When you're this guy. :smhid

Assuming that this wasn't completely staged/fake, can't help but feel sorry for the guy.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2593 on: September 11, 2013, 07:06:44 AM »
Thanks Tuffty! Since I wouldn't play BS2 right after I finished with BS1, being burned out by the gameplay doesn't concern me, there will be at least a few months in between before I get around to BS2. Also it's good they haven't changed the gameplay, so it will be easier to get back into it.
I heard people complaining about the "dumbed down" gameplay of Infinite, and I have no idea how that will play out in the game, i mean BS doesn't have the most complex gameplay to begin with imho, or is it just my conservative playstyle? XD I have my fix set of plasmids/tonics/weapons I work with and right now it's practically a walk in the park. There is not much motivation to use other plasmids or weapons or try new things for me. But I just finished Fort Frolic, so maybe it's to soon to say that.

What I'm trying to say is, I don't mind if Infinite has simple gameplay, as long as I like the story ^^

pfff the people that say Infinite is dumbed down are probably the grumps that were always complaining about Bioshock 1 not being System shock 2. :lol:

They are different games and I loved both. I will say Infinite actually has MUCH better gunplay than Bioshock and there are a few additions that really open up a different dimension to the gameplay. The environments have an element of verticality that wasn't in Bioshocks before. The Skylines are a really exhilarating traversal mechanic that give a better sense of spatial reference (rater than taking a bathysphere or tram to the next area) and are implemented really well into the combat. Some of the new vigors like charge and undertow open up the game compared to the redundant plasmids in Bioshock, plus all the vigors can be used as traps. You have a shield layer to manage rather than carrying a million instant health packs. etc. etc. But really like you said they are games with worlds and stories a tier above other games and that is what really makes them great.

Anyways I got Rayman Legends and my God :heart: So good it brings tears to my eyes. :cry:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2594 on: September 12, 2013, 09:34:17 PM »
Whenever David Cage (Indigo Prophecy, Heavy Rain) talks about the future of the medium in delivering action and storytelling in a way that only he can, just think of this scene:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2595 on: September 12, 2013, 10:26:02 PM »
I beat Dark Souls .. meh

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2596 on: September 12, 2013, 11:18:43 PM »
How do you know that you're playing video games WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too much?

When you're this guy. :smhid

Assuming that this wasn't completely staged/fake, can't help but feel sorry for the guy.
Why, by ignoring the first girl he got three girls on him instead. :P
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2597 on: September 13, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »
I beat Dark Souls .. meh

Ah hah! Knew you could beat it. Congratulations! Don't you feel like a radically different, more capable player than when you first fought the Bell Gargoyles? It's just part of Dark Souls charm. I don't know if your reaction is to the ending (which is pretty underwhelming if you don't follow the story) or to the game overall. Must have liked something about it if you put that many hours into it through to completion!

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2598 on: September 13, 2013, 02:43:43 AM »
Not really, to be honest it was a good grindfest but I wouldn't rate it much higher than that. My only real motivation for finishing was feeling like it would be a waste to stop because of all the aggrivation the game gives you in the beginning. The combat is okay I guess, but Dragon's Dogma is much better, especially the boss battles, in DS all you really do is dodge and hack at their heels/backside and repeat over and over. Even the counter, or back stab thing, it's just the same over and over.

I started as some kind of thief or something, but I built up pyromancy all the way to full and blew everything up, and just roasted the last boss.
I don't feel all that satisfied by winning either

Being human is such a waste of time too , all that happens is some asshole invades, you die, you wasted a humanity, repeat. I'd rather uninstall it than continue my game or make a new game+

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2599 on: September 13, 2013, 11:39:31 PM »
Well being human isn't exactly a waste considering it's the only way you can kindle bonfires to give you more Estus flasks at a bonfire you're staying at. And it increases your resistances (to curse especially). And you can summon other NPC's/players to help you out for bosses. And invade in other people's worlds. Yes you can get invaded but well, that's part of the risk of doing it.

For what it's worth, the DLC has bosses where it is extremely hard to just circle around them and hit them from behind. Hard as nails. Plus they've already shown enemies in Dark Souls 2 which are far more aggressive and directly counter any attempt you have at backstabbing them, so it's not as easy to exploit. You just reminded me to look out for Dragons Dogma too! Been interested in that for a long time now, sounds great.

I don't know why you would spend dozens of hours on a long, involved game like Dark Souls through to completion if you weren't enjoying it. I wouldn't have held it against you if you turned away. Some people don't even get up as far as you did with the Bell Gargoyles before turning away. All I can do is give my advice and opinions on why I like the game and hope they see something in it to carry on. But if you're just playing out of obligation to the game because it gave you a hard time at the beginning? Without getting much enjoyment out of playing it? Dunno, just seems strange to me.

Look I love Dark Souls, love it, but I can absolutely see where someone is coming from if they played it enough to get a feel of it and decided it wasn't for them. To each their own.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 11:46:46 PM by Tuffty »

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Utada Hikaru - Ore No Kanojo (My Girlfriend)