JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1009844 times)

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2560 on: August 20, 2013, 07:05:51 PM »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2561 on: August 20, 2013, 07:14:50 PM »
I like that they're back to Sims 2-ish art style, and how detailed the create-a-sim looks.

But it's difficult for me to get excited about this because Sims 3 has so many problems runningwise and so, none of these features will be of any use if the game is as crappily coded as Sims 3.

My favourite family's save file has gotten corrupt twice within a month and I've had to load the previous back-up save instead. So yeah. If even the backup save gets corrupted at some point, what can I do but stop playing because there's no point in playing if I can't trust the save files to remain under control. o_o
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2562 on: August 24, 2013, 04:57:22 AM »
I pre-ordered GTA V for PS3 the other day. It's all I look forward to this September.

It's been a DAMN long time coming. Haha, GTA, they have you waiting a couple years just after the trailer for a new game. Damn the people at Rockstar.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 05:08:25 AM by mode107 »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2563 on: August 24, 2013, 09:51:50 AM »
Hey everyone, PAX Prime is next weekend!

Holy shit I'm excited  :panic:
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline storyboard

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2564 on: August 25, 2013, 07:57:01 AM »
Mike tyson playing Mike Tyson's Punch out

Uhh he ain't so good LOL

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2565 on: August 25, 2013, 02:32:58 PM »
Laughing my ass off playing Battlefield 3 co op there. On a mission where one player is a helicopter pilot, the other the gunner. I kept getting selected as the gunner which was bad news for the other guy cause he couldn't fly it at all. Got up in the air and then next thing you know you're plummeted towards the ground or a cliff face :lol:

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2566 on: August 25, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »
The reason why I wasn't postwhoring for several hours:

It was suppose to be a small break in between posting. Didn't realize a few hours have passed.  :(

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2567 on: August 25, 2013, 05:07:35 PM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #2568 on: August 26, 2013, 07:17:44 PM »

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2569 on: August 27, 2013, 02:38:05 AM »
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...

:stunned: :stunned: :stunned:

And an article that goes with it:
This new Tetris speed record will leave you open-mouthed
Philip Kendall

Ladies and gentlemen, put down your smartphones, close your Nintendo DSes and power off your controllers. Even if you once thought that you were “kinda pretty good” at Tetris, you should know now that you will never, ever win.

Shared on YouTube earlier this week, the following video shows Japanese player keroco blitz through the game’s “clear mode” and send 40 lines of blocks to digital oblivion in an epic 19.68 seconds, setting a new world record in the process. Doesn’t sound so fast? Check this out.

Technically, keroco is playing on “NullpoMino” rather than the Tetris most gamers know, which is a free cross-platform clone of the classic Russian game that made Nintendo’s Gameboy handheld the household name it is (or rather was, prior to the arrival of the DS). With a variety of play modes, gamers all over the world compete on the Java-based game to get the best scores and times across game modes including classic marathon, versus battle and clear mode, the last being that which our friend keroco here tackles in the following video.

The game is simple enough – clear 40 lines as quickly as possible. But it’s the dizzying speed with which keroco manages it that left us speechless. We don’t know about you, but we can barely see the blocks appearing at the top of the screen before they’ve been slammed into position and vaporised in a line of Tetris dust.

Some can sing, some can dance, others can manipulate little blocks into rows really, really quickly. Dig out your Gameboy, kids, it’s time to get practicing.
FULL ARTICLE LINK - http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/08/23/this-new-tetris-speed-record-will-leave-you-open-mouthed-%E3%80%90video%E3%80%91/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2570 on: August 27, 2013, 03:08:54 AM »

What's the name of this character? I used to play as him all the time.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2571 on: August 27, 2013, 08:05:12 AM »

What's the name of this character? I used to play as him all the time.
Jin Saotome from Cyberbots

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2572 on: August 27, 2013, 11:15:03 AM »
Since I got my Wii I started watching game reviews and made a wish list of games which seemed worth picking up.

Sadly, so far I already ran into three games that were never released in Europe!  :angry:

I also bought The Last Story, which seems like a gorgeous RPG from the Final Fantasy Team with soundtrack to match... but it requires a separate 38 euro cable to be able to run it! Wtf!

Luckily I got my Wii for cheap and I love playing the Kirby and Mario games on it, but Nintendo is NOT scoring points with me atm.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2573 on: August 27, 2013, 11:22:41 AM »
Anyone willing to bake a cake for a virtual AI?

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2574 on: August 28, 2013, 10:14:03 AM »
Sure I'll bake a cake. It gave me the recipe, why not?  :rofl:

Man, nobody is looking to buy Civ V or Left 4 Dead 2 steam cards.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2575 on: August 28, 2013, 06:16:31 PM »
Nintendo 2DS announced...

...followed by immediate mocking online  :lol:

« Last Edit: August 28, 2013, 06:22:20 PM by SomethingWild »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2576 on: August 28, 2013, 09:31:35 PM »
Really odd announcement to hear about the 2DS. At least at first, but then I guess it's more aimed at kids. I know there is a reasonable concern by parents if kids are playing the games with 3D on all the time so this goes around it completely. The price point is very enticing too. That and with games like Pokemon out later in the year could make an ideal Christmas gift. Hell my nephew wants a 3DS for Christmas just for the new Mario & Luigi game so this seems ideal. But that design! That design! It's so bulky and large and the fact it doesn't even fold down like a normal 3DS means it's not even that great as a portable device. Can't exactly go around street passing with other people if you can't fit it in your pocket. Also the name. 2DS? Nintendo are masters at creating market confusion :lol:

So I guess that really, you can't be too offended by it because this is really aimed at kids. No 3D for kids that are maybe too young and no hinges means it doesn't break as easy. 3DS is there for the older gamers.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2577 on: August 29, 2013, 08:17:44 AM »
When I first read the news, I thought it was a joke. 2DS!? The name alone sounds like a joke.
Also the fact you can't fold it anymore makes some DS games unplayable.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2578 on: August 30, 2013, 09:43:21 AM »
HOLY SHIT PAX HAS FINNALLY ARRIVED AND I AM SO EXCITED HOLY SHIT!

I'll be tweeting out what crap I'm down, what panels I see, who I run into and other shenanigans. If you care what I'm doing, follow me!

https://twitter.com/thatonezombie

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2579 on: August 30, 2013, 01:35:34 PM »
I'm willing to bet someone out there is furious that the 2DS doesn't have the second thumbstick  :lol:

I remember people screaming that they weren't going to get a 3DS because they KNEW that a new version was coming out, then screamed their heads off when the XL was announced and it didn't have it.

But really, who cares? if Sony can bring out cheap versions of handheld consoles, why can't Nintendo?

Anytime Nintendo announces anything people scream about the company going under and NINTENDO NEEDS TO BE A THIRD PARTY DEVELOPER FOR XBOX. Even if the WiiU continues to sell like crap, they're not going anywhere. the N64 and Gamecube also sold like crap, what happened?

JPHiP Radio (18/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Viyuden - Ajisai AI Ai Monogatari