JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luminous Orange - Silverclothes

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004870 times)

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2180 on: October 27, 2012, 02:44:31 PM »
going semi-only wasn't enough of a challenge...and the campaign is so short it's not really worth playing again - i thought that playing semi-only would make it more interesting but not really (there's not even little things like collecting intel or anything like that to make re-playing the campaign really worth the time)...and all the same bullshit that existed in the beta is still there - you'll light someone up and they don't die yet they kill you with only a few shots in the multiplayer...i mean seriously - i passed it by tuesday night, and spent a while trying to pass one level that had gotten some weird glitch (finally decided to restart the mission and the glitch was gone)...if it had a spec ops or guerilla mode like mw3 and future soldier, then i wouldn't be so harsh but not everyone plays online - so that means they're stuck with just the campaign and looking at it from that perspective the game's not worth full price  :thumbdown:

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2181 on: October 30, 2012, 12:08:52 PM »
The story and mythology behind the Halo series always intrigued me and of course it's sci-fi but I so suck at shooter games.
Last week I went out and got Halo Anniversary Edition on a special deal.
The first mission was ok, but the second mission already took me nearly three hours(!) to finish, because I'm constantly dying.
And there I thought I could finish the campaign over a long weekend  :nervous

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2182 on: October 30, 2012, 06:18:37 PM »
^ I actually stopped playing it for almost half a year because I could not get thru a certain part of a level (Truth and reconciliation) when I finally restarted doing the game I got thru almost instantly and could finish the rest without much problems.

Sometimes you just need to change strategy.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2183 on: October 30, 2012, 08:41:39 PM »
not sure if it's purely due to my disappointment with warfighter or what, but forza horizons is pretty f'in sweet. it's a lot more arcadey than normal forza and there's a lot of side stuff to do so i won't be getting bored of this game anytime soon  :thumbup

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2184 on: October 30, 2012, 09:28:38 PM »
^ See now I'm swung back around to really wanting to play Forza. To me, a good driving game needs to have a solid single player aspect and after reading some reviews NFS Most Wanted doesn't seem to have that. It's something that can be beaten in a few hours, the cops are apparently a pain more than a pleasure to outrun and having every car unlocked from the get go is just stupid to me. I loved the demo for Horizons, looks varied enough and deep enough for me to sink my teeth into as well as having some fun multiplayer.

John, if I decide to get the game eventually you and I will have to team up for some multiplayer. And I'll beat you. :D

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2185 on: October 30, 2012, 09:56:03 PM »
^ hell yeah sounds like a plan - we can even make a car club  :P  i've played/passed forza 1&2, i still have 3 but haven't passed it yet (it got put on the backburner cuz of all those shooters i was playing) and i haven't even tried part 4 yet but the demo for horizons was really fun - it's rekindled my love of racing games  :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2186 on: October 30, 2012, 10:09:54 PM »
Fuck yeh! We can be the Muscle Car Muscats or something :lol:

Offline RionZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2187 on: October 31, 2012, 04:03:13 AM »

HNNNG my wallet!

Courtesy of the best, Miichan!

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2188 on: October 31, 2012, 08:13:23 AM »
^ haha, last night all my xbl friends who were online, every.single.one played ACIII XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2189 on: November 03, 2012, 12:30:57 AM »
I need to finish 2 first ;a;

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2190 on: November 04, 2012, 01:27:33 PM »
Apparently Medal Of Honor : Warfighter didn't even total 30,000 people playing this on Saturday 5pm GMT globally on all 3 formats combined.The biggest figure was 10,900 on PS3.

Maybe it's because of gamers wanting to save up for the vastly more popular Halo 4 or Black Ops 2, but I do hope that instead, a message has been sent. But I doubt it will be received.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #2191 on: November 04, 2012, 08:37:52 PM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2192 on: November 04, 2012, 08:59:08 PM »
Apparently Medal Of Honor : Warfighter didn't even total 30,000 people playing this on Saturday 5pm GMT globally on all 3 formats combined.The biggest figure was 10,900 on PS3.

Maybe it's because of gamers wanting to save up for the vastly more popular Halo 4 or Black Ops 2, but I do hope that instead, a message has been sent. But I doubt it will be received.

danger close tried something different with the 2 man fireteams, but i guess it didn't work out as well as they had hoped. for those of you who haven't played it (which is alot of people apparently  :nervous ), the multiplayer consists of 2 teams of 8, and each side is divided into 4 2 man fireteams. you're really dependent on that person - you can spawn off of each other (which only works when the other person isn't in direct fire, or else you have to spawn at  the safe zone which kinda sucks), and you can heal/resupply each other, and at the heart of it, you can cover each other. if you get someone who gets all of this, it's a fucking awesome experience. if you get someone who plays modern warfare run-and-gun style, it sux big time. also i have to believe that the hit detection has put off alot of people. i know they tried to make it more realistic in that you can't have success run-and-gunning like mw3, and shooting on the move isn't as accurate but there were too many times where i'm lighting someone up (who i had gotten the drop on no less) yet he turns around and kills me with like 3-4 shots and he's still alive. wtf  :banghead: to the point of becoming ridiculous. but yeah i'm sure it's mostly due to halo and bo2 coming out - i was one of 3 people who showed up to the midnight launch at my gamestop lol. the campaign was really cool but waaaaaaaaay too short (i had passed it by the second night wtf lol) and since they don't have a 'spec-ops/guerrila mode' there wasn't anything to make me keep playing since i wasn't gonna bother with the multiplayer (i don't bother with the multiplayer in ghost recon future soldier but i still play the guerilla mode, and they keep making new maps for it via dlc so i'm still playing it) - warfighter simply isn't worth the full 65 dollar price tag imho...i had high hopes for this game, due to them consulting real- life special ops operators, had licsensing from magpul, lbt and other real-life companies, and just the sheer amount of weapons and countries represented...i don't think i've ever been so disappointed with a triple a title game before  :thumbdown:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2193 on: November 07, 2012, 08:43:10 PM »
Had no idea that The Merc With A Mouth was gonna have his own game coming out.
Just watched a trailer for it on Youtube.
And the white and yellow boxes, a.k.a. those voices in 'ol Wade's noodle, are also there.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2194 on: November 08, 2012, 08:15:30 PM »
lol i just got an email saying that they're extending my call of duty elite membership until march. but  i cancelled my pre-order for black ops 2, and traded in black ops & mw3 lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2195 on: November 09, 2012, 11:31:31 PM »
I finally opted to get Forza Horizon, should have it about Tues. john I hope you're still playing it! Need to form a racing team after all! Other hipsters more than welcome to join of course! :D

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #2196 on: November 09, 2012, 11:59:28 PM »
I bought a PSN Card today and will download later the DLC of NIER!!! <3

Anyone, who played NIER, played the DLC as well? If you did play it, what is your impression of it?

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2197 on: November 10, 2012, 12:08:39 AM »
Good explanation of why I can't stand most recent FPS:

Offline paijokece

• ecchi
« Reply #2198 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:54 PM »
Good explanation of why I can't stand most recent FPS:

hahaha agree

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2199 on: November 11, 2012, 09:31:25 PM »
lol payday the heist sucked...deleted that and downloaded resident evil 5...was disappointed with the game mechanics, deleted that and downloaded king of fighters XIII - pretty happy with that so far (it's been awhile since i've played the ps3 since this summer was so hot, the ps3 kept overheating wtf)

edit: i still had 27 bucks on my gamestop card from trading in warfighter, and today i traded in ssx and got another 7 (lol) bucks for that. so i bought blur (pretty fucking sick), stuntman ignition (kinda meh but whatever) and i thought i was buying ridge racer 6 but when i put the disc in it's ridge racer unbounded or whatever it's called (the newest one)  :thumbup the prophets have smiled upon me this day  :cow:

yeah, been playing blur for a while and it's pretty fuckin' fun...it's essentially mario kart but with real-life cars and in real world locations (or at least semi-accurate recreations of real places)...hell yeah
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 08:43:48 AM by john_hung »

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Luminous Orange - Silverclothes