JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Survivor

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004821 times)

Offline etranger01

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • alpha to omega & lambda for mame
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2940 on: January 28, 2015, 08:10:43 PM »
yo,

finished the PS one's 'Resident evil (biohazard) almost 16 years ago.

bought HD remaster for PC, wich was really fun.

couch, blanket, xbox360 pad. they added some new features and some rooms are new, but it still 100% resident evil.

finished on the highest difficulty, but it wasn't that hard...

but cool game though
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰のファンだったのだろう。
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰の曲を口ずさんでいたのだろう。

藤代冥砂

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2941 on: January 28, 2015, 11:32:58 PM »

Reading this gets me so angry each time. How is it that many like this guy recognise that sexism, racism, homophobia, and death threats are prevalent and identifiable traits of  "Gamer Culture" and accept these as negative, but is ok to just accept it and go against anyone who wants to change that?

A large part of the fighting game community pulled that one after some arsehole Tekken player harassed the fuck out of a female player on a Capcom sponsored stream.

'Rape threats and harassment are part of the FGC!'

Well guess what? Your community fucking sucks.

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2942 on: January 29, 2015, 05:45:01 AM »
Just an update on my gaming situation.  Well I finished a playthrough of Gat Out Of Hell but haven't really gotten the feeling of going back to finish the challenges to have 100% completion (I've gotten 100% New Hades takeover).  As a standalone "expansion", I felt like I got my $20 worth.  However, I'm still anxiously waiting for the next big game to come out.  In fact, I'm hoping Episode 2 of "Tales of the Borderlands" comes out soon.  I'm resorting to trying to play older games in the meantime.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2943 on: January 29, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »

Reading this gets me so angry each time. How is it that many like this guy recognise that sexism, racism, homophobia, and death threats are prevalent and identifiable traits of  "Gamer Culture" and accept these as negative, but is ok to just accept it and go against anyone who wants to change that?

A large part of the fighting game community pulled that one after some arsehole Tekken player harassed the fuck out of a female player on a Capcom sponsored stream.

'Rape threats and harassment are part of the FGC!'

Well guess what? Your community fucking sucks.

It's what happens when a bunch of self entitled manchildren decide to form a group to "stop" others playing, when really, they've been playing all along. I've never identified myself as a gamer, even long before the internet was a big part of life or the Xbox Live trollfest started I didn't like the label, it had negative connotations back then as being a loser, but now thanks to these idiots it's an extremely negative and hate filled label that I will never use for myself.

I feel that, as over time games have become more cinematic and are probably more mainstream than movies are now, these morons I mentioned have slowly become more and more butthurt that their precious "secret hobby" is slowly being eaten up by normal people and of course women, and they're not special snowflakes anymore. You could even argue that the word gamer isn't that relevant anymore as so many people qualify for the title.
There are many reasons for this, prevalence of the internet in our lives making "unknown" groups of players suddenly appear and the rise of social gaming, success of the Wii with groups that have never played games before, etc etc.

It's not even exclusive to gaming, other hobbies like Cosplay have had problems with sexism and harassment, and elitist self entitled idiots thinking they own the hobby, and others can't join in.

10 years of Xbox Live, which is an extremely negative environment, dominated by fps and sports games, the main genres for self entitled idiots to troll the night away, has also contributed to this mindset. I find it extremely upsetting when I play sometimes, and I get bullied and insulted. But I am a boy, if it's this bad for me, what must it feel like for the rare female voice or name online?

Another reason for all the butthurt backlash is women themselves, but that's because because of the prevalence of the internet, women are actually finally being heard as a large part of the audience, and what they would like to see in games, especially in recent years. This drives these men insane as they see it as women ruining their precious secret hobby all of a sudden, plus the mindset developed from years playing on xbox live, added to the sexist mindset many men have, like "girls can't play football" etc etc and other nonsense make them act like this.

I must mention that the FGC (fighting game community) is built around tournament players, who play in tournaments for money, so tension is high and trash talking does and will happen. Unfortunately women are rare here too, and as tournaments get bigger and bigger with larger and larger prize money and women and even kids are playing in them more and more, incidents like these are happening more often. A large amount of the influx of players come from Xbox live too, so there's that. But it is being stamped out by tournament organizers wherever possible.
But with all that being said, the positive side of the FGC is there too, it just doesn't make headlines.

I just wanted to clarify that, as I know people can confuse the FGC with playing fighting games in general, or being a fan of Street Fighter for example, while there is some spill over, the negative view of the FGC certainly doesn't represent me, even if I watch tournament streams or play online sometimes.

Offline Soike

• ecchi
« Reply #2944 on: January 29, 2015, 02:50:30 PM »
Not sure about other FGC's but I know the smash community is working hard to remove this sort of stuff.  Terms such as rape and gay are being shunned out and if they're spoken you can be removed from the venue.  One of the most popular combo vids 'Rape x2' is now commonly referred to as Amazing x2 haha. 

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2945 on: January 30, 2015, 06:54:53 AM »
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2946 on: January 30, 2015, 11:01:48 AM »
the theme on that website is just painful to read  :lol:

Offline TeriyakiBoi

• Member+
  • Fantasy Football Champion (3 in 5 years)
« Reply #2947 on: January 30, 2015, 11:29:58 PM »
Just finished a playthrough of Life Is Strange: Episode 1 (I would say it takes about 2-3 hours) and I have to say that aside from the hipster dialogue, it isn't that bad of a game.  Rather than have multiple playthroughs (*coughMassEffectcough*), you can experience each outcome by rewinding back to the plot points.  With that at your disposal, you really can't lose the game at all.  You can either try again or end up getting some alternate outcome which is just as impactful.  I guess I've found the type of genre that has suited me in these episodic game series.  Not bad for a game made by a developer not named Telltale Games.
"Chicks dig the long ball" - Greg Maddux

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2948 on: January 31, 2015, 07:22:20 PM »

Finally got to play. I wrecked havoc with my boy T. Link.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2015, 07:27:55 PM by mode107 »
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2949 on: January 31, 2015, 08:25:48 PM »
This week was a funny one in terms of new releases (technically re-releases). On one side you have one of my favourite games of all time released along with it's two sequels for insanely cheap value (Metroid Prime Trilogy) and on the other you have one of my least favourite games of all time (Indigo Prophecy).

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2950 on: February 02, 2015, 02:59:53 AM »

I got it too :D

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #2951 on: February 02, 2015, 05:31:59 PM »
I download everything SO I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SPACE FOR THE TRILOGY.

Gonna have to go steal my mom's harddrive because I refuse to drop money on one for a ten dollar game.  :smhid

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2952 on: February 02, 2015, 09:19:46 PM »
Yeah, I'm probably just going to get a 64GB SD card at some point, luckily mine is new so Prime is the only thing on there.

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2953 on: February 08, 2015, 03:10:09 AM »
This be badass, not to mention a really smart way to adapt something "old school" for practical use. :thumbsup

« Last Edit: February 08, 2015, 03:20:04 AM by JFC »

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #2954 on: February 08, 2015, 10:32:09 PM »
I played Resident Evil 2 a lot 17 years ago now... but never finished it (IIRC I ran into a gamestopping bug at one point) and for some reason never picked up the series again. I should change that.

Offline Soike

• ecchi
« Reply #2955 on: February 09, 2015, 03:14:04 AM »
After waiting patiently and getting my 50% extra trade credit for eb games (birthday special thing) I finally took a bunch of old games in and traded for a PS4 and 4 games.  I'm so glad I did because it just looks amazing sitting in my unit with my white xbone and wii u.  Also got far cry 4, little big planet 3, the last of us, drive club and final fantasy xiv which I'm just addicted to. 

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2956 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:16 AM »
Currently playing The Evil Within.  Yeah it's had more than it's fair share of frustration and scares

Offline Soike

• ecchi
« Reply #2957 on: February 16, 2015, 08:48:43 AM »
Anyone played Ragnarok Odyssey Ace?  I got it for $12 on PSN and its surprisingly fun, reminds me a lot of Phantasy Star Online. 

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2958 on: February 22, 2015, 12:01:55 AM »
I completed Deadly Premonition today and I mean fully completed. Got all trading cards, did all the side missions, even got the Platinum trophy

It's a game with a lot of flaws, but also with a lot of low budget heart. The characters and story are intriguing which held my interest from start to finish. Even the issues I had with the combat were alleviated somewhat by doing the side missions and getting better weapons. So yes, I would still recommend the game to anyone. I really enjoyed my time with it and kinda regret knowing that there's no reason left to go back to the game. Isn't that right Zach?

Playing Rogue Legacy and Thief now after picking them up from PS Plus. Rogue Legacy scratches that Castlevania itch I've had for a while now and it very fun to play if maddeningly difficult at times. And Thief is decent if nothing spectacular. I'm collecting stuff for seemingly no good purpose as I haven't got the opportunity to spend gold anywhere. Maybe that will appear later. Couple of technical issues like long texture load times, hitching and framerate issues too which is super noticeable and takes me out of the experience somewhat. But still, I do enjoy being all sneaky like.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #2959 on: February 22, 2015, 12:34:32 AM »
A nice thing about (re)playing (very) old games on emulator is that you can watch Youtube vids/listen to music while playing.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kobushi Factory - Survivor