JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Airplane

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007438 times)

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3160 on: October 27, 2015, 06:54:52 AM »
Finished Mirror of Fate and Rain.

EDIT: Just finished Mass Effect 2: Arrival too.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 10:52:09 AM by maruda »
I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #3162 on: October 28, 2015, 08:42:37 PM »
Not sure whether to upgrade for Fallout 4. I could run Witcher 3 very well on medium settings and lower resolution.

Then again if I upgrade now I'm settled already for the next Elder Scrolls and that new Cyberpunk game.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3163 on: October 28, 2015, 10:01:12 PM »
^ I've had similar considerations, tho I wouldn't need to upgrade everything. I'm going to see how it runs and probably decide after that; I mostly just don't want gaming to feel annoying. LOL
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3164 on: October 29, 2015, 08:09:05 PM »
HO-LY CRAP!!!!  :w00t:
I cant wait for that game!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3165 on: October 30, 2015, 12:29:11 AM »
Platinum just on fire lately. Game looks and sounds great. Plus I'm a fan of Akihiko Yoshida's art style. It's a dream team working on that game so it has every potential to be amazing.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3167 on: October 30, 2015, 10:31:45 PM »
What a goddamn mess the PC edition of Arkham Knight is in. First it was taken off within a week of release because it was borderline unplayable to most then months later it comes out again promised to be fixed and wouldn't you know it nothing's changed. In fact it just seems like it's out to accomodate buying the DLC.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #3168 on: October 31, 2015, 10:00:25 PM »
I created a Spartan Company for the sole purpose for getting REQ packs, if anyone wants to join it's called "Fire Team KII" named after the best 48G team ever! The colors are SKE green and yellow, and a bomb for bomb magazine.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3169 on: November 02, 2015, 12:30:56 PM »
Finished Arkham Origins: Cold Cold Heart. Currenty helping someone in Dead Space 3 co-op.

Brother-in-law lent me DmC. Action is ok but Donte grates on my nerves.

I venerate ample posteriors and, furthermore, I am unable to fabricate information.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3170 on: November 02, 2015, 10:35:32 PM »
Ugh DmC. A complete bastardisation and fundamental misunderstanding of what makes a good Devil May Cry game. I could do on about the combat and story and how they're both really disappointing but I have to stop myself XD

Picked up Driveclub Bikes, the expansion which adds superbikes to the racing game. It's fantastic, they handle very differently as you have to commit to your turn much earlier than a car. The sense of speed when you're in first person is exhilarating and when you add in the weather effects too it really is a beautiful game. I love the level of support that the developer has given the game since release, it's grown into quite the racing game with hours upon hours of content. New cars, tracks, racing events, trophies, updating and improving the game itself. It's the best value for money season pass out there bar none and they're still continuing on with it with promises of even more of it. It's become one of my favourite driving games of all time.

I'll maybe take photos and record some of my own gameplay but here's how stunning the game looks. Honestly one of the best looking games out there at the minute.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3171 on: November 04, 2015, 03:47:12 PM »
^ OMG, that would make me Motion sick  :panic:

Since I couldn't decide which route to pick in Witcher 2, I decided to play them both parallel XD

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #3172 on: November 08, 2015, 02:34:06 AM »

Wasn't planning on it, but I'm making a female character.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3173 on: November 08, 2015, 05:36:07 AM »
Finished DmC and it's story DLC, Vergil's Downfall. It's easy, comparable to Devil May Cry 2. While Donte has improved from his pre-release depiction, he lacks the wittiness of Dante. His taunting, for the most part, is like a petulant child's.

Bought Child of Light from the PSN sale last week. I'm wondering if I should also get the Dragon Fantasy Book I and II bundle but I've heard that it has a lot of bugs/glitches.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3174 on: November 09, 2015, 11:57:02 PM »
It is weird that that Fallout 4 has been given such a pass from reviewers despite it's reportedly spotty and frequent technical issues. Reviews make a note of this, Gametrailers, Eurogamer etc but still give it a 9/10 regardless. Now they do say that it is a great game, a large game with a lot of stuff going on within it, more of Fallout 3 essentially and I personally can't wait to play it (on Christmas Day, thanks Santa), but I dunno, I just see a lot of people on forums and reviewers give these obvious technical issues a pass but if it was say, Assassins Creed or any other open world game, it would have been crucified. Case in point, The Witcher 3 is a hugely ambitious game, the first time CD Projekt Red made an open world game and it's perfectly playable on consoles, rarely dropping below 30 fps. But on consoles within a certain area, the framerate can take a drop and people hated the game for it, promising not to play the game again until it's fixed despite this being an area you spend about 1% of your overall game time in. Keep in mind it didn't crash the game or anything, the framerate just took a drop, and yet people slated it for being a mess. That negativity stuck with the game even now after it's been patched to be completely fine. I guess time will tell if FO4 gets the same rep, but early impressions to me are a lot of excuses, dismissing the same criticism (which reportedly happens much more frequently than The Witcher ever reports) which seems unfair on other games.  Can't tell if it's just the hype machine working so much into overdrive at this point, opinion may change when people get their hands on the game when it's released.

This isn't the first time either, FO3 and Skyrim handled decently on consoles but also had many technical issues like single digit framerates and game crashes. I would have liked to have heard that Bethesda worked to address that and give much better performances on consoles but that didn't happen. And while reviews do point this out, the review scores don't seem to reflect that.

Hopefully come Christmas Day there will have been patches to address a number of the issues. In the meantime, nerd rant over XD

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #3175 on: November 10, 2015, 05:22:59 AM »
That engine sucks. There's a lot of fiddling to do on PC to remove stuttering while avoiding bugs (with fps over 60 the physics go berserk completely or your character might get stuck and unable to move). Frame rate drops indoors seem to be unavoidable no matter what.

Plus default mouse movement and fov are terrible.

Also I see no difference between godrays on ultra and medium even though the first is a significant drop in performance.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3176 on: November 10, 2015, 05:37:17 PM »
Finished Thomas is Alone. Currently alternating between Child of Light and The Cave.

Offline maruda

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3177 on: November 12, 2015, 04:43:56 PM »
Finished Child of Light. Currently alternating between The Cave and Lone Survivor: Director's Cut.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3178 on: November 13, 2015, 12:42:49 AM »
Have to politely agree to disagree with the Polygon article on how the new Lara Croft is more of an icon than the original. I really don't buy it. Original Lara is an independent adventurer who does what she does for the thrill of it. Bold, empowering, witty, educated, athletic, she was a breath of fresh air and if you even put her in today's environment she would stand out as a great protaganist. New Lara is more akin to a scared teen in a horror movie. The remake shows her to have a sociopathic personality shaped because of  physical and psychological torture including sexual assault. I just couldn't buy into it. This will sound weird but in the remake, it felt like the game was asking me to protect Lara from all of this when in the originals I was an active participant in driving Lara through these complex tombs.

Also, original Lara was a cultural icon with a reach that most game characters rarely get. She was noticed in other publications, marketed with other products, even spawned a movie with Angelina Jolie. It transcended the medium to a degree that I can show my parents photos of old Lara and they would recognise her. it was more with how Tomb Raider was marketed and less how the games actually were that made people associate her with being a sex symbol. In game, apart from like, the end credits as a 5 second short, there isn't much in the way of sexuality at all. It always really bothered me that people heaped praise on reboot Lara. It feels kinda wrong to have her being a crying mess and also a mass murderer in the reboot. It feels like a step in the wrong direction, because it just plays on the broken woman thing. I mean, you'd never do that to Nathan Drake, so why are they doing it to Lara Croft?

And what's worse is that they keep removing the parts of the series I love, the platforming, the puzzle solving and replacing it with more sic dudebro shooting and stealth kills. I can almost count the amount of dudes she kills in TR1 on one hand. And even in TR Legend, there were no achievements for murder, only exploration and survival. In the reboot, you got achievements for murder left right and center. I don't know what they're trying to do, honestly, they've ripped out everything I like about the series (golden age style adventure, fairly complex level design and puzzle solving, overt supernatural themes, exploration of larger than life settings) and replaced it with... The Hunger Games.

While I don't agree with everything here, this article is good at detailing what's problematic about the new version of Lara
« Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 12:48:14 AM by Tuffty »

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #3179 on: November 16, 2015, 03:43:03 AM »
I may not be into collecting Amibos....

....collecting Lego figurines and mini-kits for a video game might be close enough for me.  :D

In case my cousin is coming over this Thanksgiving (In other words: the excuse I'm gonna give as the reason for spending $100 for this starter pack  :nervous )

Can't decide which level pack to buy:
- Doctor Who
- Portal 2
- Back to the Future
- The Simpsons

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Airplane