JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - `79ers

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007403 times)

Offline etranger01

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • alpha to omega & lambda for mame
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #3200 on: January 02, 2016, 09:15:10 PM »
just finished Life is Strange minutes ago...
wow. just speechless...

if you finished it too, u must know how i feel.

such a great 'gaming' experience!
whoa, this was great!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/319630/

もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰のファンだったのだろう。
もし、モーニング娘。がいなかったら、私達はいったい誰の曲を口ずさんでいたのだろう。

藤代冥砂

Offline hackata48

• Member+
  • TE HETA HADA WODA! -Quote from 'Frenzy'ability TWA
« Reply #3201 on: January 04, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »
Cant wait for XCOM 2 coming next month. Anyone here just as excited as me?

I wish I could skip January

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3202 on: January 06, 2016, 06:20:53 AM »
Yakuza 5 has been amazing. I almost can't believe the original release date in Japan was in 2012. When I look at how much of a wait it was, it feels like it's gone by fast. I guess I had tuned out on Yakuza when I gave up on a western release.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3203 on: January 06, 2016, 06:31:32 PM »
I FINALLY started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition (I know, I know... shows up 15 min. late with Starbucks, etc. etc.) and I'm really enjoying it. It's obviously not Skyrim and I'm glad it's not but it's filling the Skyrim place hole in my heart greatly.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3204 on: January 06, 2016, 07:48:45 PM »
Yakuza 5 has been amazing. I almost can't believe the original release date in Japan was in 2012. When I look at how much of a wait it was, it feels like it's gone by fast. I guess I had tuned out on Yakuza when I gave up on a western release.

It even looks amazing still. Yes I can see the low res textures on signs and what have you but in general I'm super impressed with how it looks.

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #3205 on: January 07, 2016, 02:57:11 PM »
I FINALLY started playing Dragon Age: Inquisition (I know, I know... shows up 15 min. late with Starbucks, etc. etc.) and I'm really enjoying it. It's obviously not Skyrim and I'm glad it's not but it's filling the Skyrim place hole in my heart greatly.

Did you romance anyone?
Whats your class and race?
What Major decisions did you do?
Templar or Mages
Celene, Gaspar or Brianna?
Who's the Divine?
Would you ride the Bull?

Offline mini*wheat

• @Shell_Maree
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Mini<3sRina
    • shell_maree
    • shell_maree
« Reply #3206 on: January 07, 2016, 05:35:38 PM »

Did you romance anyone?
Whats your class and race?
What Major decisions did you do?
Templar or Mages
Celene, Gaspar or Brianna?
Who's the Divine?
Would you ride the Bull?

GOOD QUESTIONS, though some of these I haven't gotten to yet.

I am currently TRYING to romance Iron Bull, so also to answer the last question.... yes. yes I would ride the Bull. Also I'm a dwarf rogue and she's real cute... but also I love the idea of tiny me romancing bull.
Templars only because it came up first and I honestly didn't realize it was a huge turning point in the game, but oh well! What can you do.
I think I'm just now at the Celene part, so NOT SURE!
No one, yet for the Divine. I feel like I'll end up with Leliana or Vivienne though because Cassandra disapproves of a lot of things I do..... I'm hoping for Lelianna though. We'll see.

:::Twitter
::Rest in Peace, Jabs. You'll be forever missed. <3::

Offline hackata48

• Member+
« Reply #3207 on: January 08, 2016, 01:49:10 AM »
Did ya do Bull's personal quest yet?

Killed any dragons?

If not Bull is recommended for his damage output.
And for mage bring a mage whose affinity is the weakness of the dragon your fighting. (If it's those damn lightning dragons bring Viv, cuz her spirit blade is basically a lightsaber)

Bring Sera because she is flexible and can attack real hard from range.

What's your Rogue's specialty btw?

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #3208 on: January 09, 2016, 03:23:35 AM »

This Kaizo version of Mario 3 is really cool and inspiring for Mario Maker levels!

It really makes me miss a lot of the Mario 3 mechanics that aren't in Mario Maker (yet? hopefully another free DLC update soon!) and a lot of things I just didn't know, like the trick with the boot! I'll have to try that out myself and see what I can make ^^

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3209 on: January 09, 2016, 09:55:55 AM »
^ The blind Mario Maker race was also awesome, these guys are super skilled (both creating maps and playing them)! Much recommended viewing!!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3210 on: January 09, 2016, 05:16:32 PM »
This Stepmania showcase from AGDQ is insane. Guy reads from two scroll directions at the same time, as the notes are rotating, hitting around 20-30 notes per second all the while doing it almost perfectly (Awesome is the indicator that you're hitting the notes perfectly) to reach a full combo.

I spent about 30 mins in AC Syndicate just walking through the city of London and really took in the detail. Was really impressed by how it all looked as well as the little things that really makes it immersive. Seeing crowds of people wandering around, people doing manual labour, kids playing football, people talking with each other, how people dress differently depending on whether you're in a lower class or upper class district, the sound of carriages and steamboats going by as you approach the Thames mixed in with chatter from the crowd, posters lining up the wall. And to have the game look as good as it does is genuinely impressive, Ubisoft always do a good job with their environments for AC games but Syndicate is definitely one of their best. Makes me appreciate the fact that open world games like this have this stuff hidden away and I'm going to approach more open world games like this by just taking the time to wander around in it first and think about the design behind it and what makes it work or not work. Gonna do the same for The Witcher 3 at some point and actually really excited about it because that is already one of the best open world games out there purely because it really feels like a lived in place because you can tell the developers created areas that fit the logic of that world (e.g. coastal villages are focused on fishing, one village I saw had a ship builder and if you wander out of it you can see parts of the forest cut down so they can get wood)

Offline vlinorman

• Member+
« Reply #3211 on: January 17, 2016, 11:30:50 PM »
Here's why replaying FFVIII is fruitless: all I do is play cards ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3212 on: January 19, 2016, 11:24:38 PM »
I think I might like Gwent from The Witcher 3 might be my favourite side game in an RPG, but Triple Traid remains one of the best ever.

Was pleasantly surprised to find out that Dark Chronicle (or Dark Cloud 2) is out now for the PS4. It's a real underrated gem for the PS2, made by Level 5 (Ni no Kuni, Professor Layton). It's as close as you would get to finding a Zelda game on the PS2, until Okami came out at least, but it played well, it looked fantastic, the story was charming and it had so many varied things to do. I look back on it fondly so I can't wait to go back into it after all this time.

Offline Jul3

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • 元564
    • Jul3rd
« Reply #3213 on: January 24, 2016, 12:57:02 AM »
Well, as I say pretty much everytime I post in this section of the forum, I've been out of games when I got serious into idols, so it seems a couple of excellent releases past me by... by which I mean vertical shmups released on the Dreamcast...

Sept 2015 - Ghost Blade

This one looks so good! Very Cave-esque, and very different to what Hucast have put out before

Feb 2014 - Neo XYX

By NeoDevTeam, this is actually a NeoGeo game and looks absolutely stunning for what it is! And apparently the first ever TATE NeoGeo game.

I've ordered both. It's a shame that the versions of Ghost Blade with the soundtrack have terrible boxart... which means I may order a different edition in future as well...

Chihiro

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3214 on: February 01, 2016, 11:26:05 PM »
Got the Platinum trophy in Bloodborne today. The last trophy I had to get was one of the other endings so I just did the best speedrun of the game that I could and sticking to the critical path. I was amazed that once you knew where to go, you could beat that game in like 3-4 hours. And it's so incredibly satisfying to play it and be able to get past all the bosses that were once giving you such trouble on the first playthrough. Get all trophies for the Old Hunters DLC too so I've effectively rung out everything the game has to throw at me at this point....but I won't stop playing it. Never. It's one of my favourite games ever.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3215 on: February 04, 2016, 07:22:31 PM »
It wouldn't take a lot to improve upon the story from the first Mirror's Edge game. Looks halfway decent, at least they went for actual cutscenes as opposed to the flash animation looking cutscenes from the first one. But the story was never my concern anyway. I'm more curious to see how the parkour works in this open world and what can be done within it.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #3216 on: February 05, 2016, 08:34:16 AM »
Seems kind of cheesy tbh, like the graphics are good and it's nice to see more of Faith but the first game was cooler than this, seems kind of unnecessary for this game series.

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3217 on: February 05, 2016, 01:25:44 PM »
This trailer actually dampened my excitement for the game a little lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3218 on: February 07, 2016, 04:15:25 PM »
My favourite takeaway from the development of Mirrors Edge 2 is that they had to redesign the look of the villain, the evil corporate CEO, because he looks kind of...familiar...

I think I'm still sweating after this fight! :nervous This game's so good.

Offline scorn

• オナニー
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3219 on: February 08, 2016, 08:27:50 PM »
Potentially 2016 Goty, why is nobody talking about this?
Beautifulest women of all time 1.)Kim Sohee 2.)Minatozaki Sana 3.)Myoui Mina 4.)Fukumura Mizuki 5.)Uemura Akari 6.)Yabuki Nako 7.)Oguri Yui 8.)Nashiko Momotsuki 9.)Na-yeon 10.)Ikuta Eripon

JPHiP Radio (16/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Nananine - `79ers