JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - SHAKE

Author Topic: Dragon Age: Origins  (Read 17056 times)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Dragon Age: Origins
« Reply #60 on: July 09, 2010, 01:20:58 PM »
Dragon Age 2 Details emerge

Experience the epic sequel to the 2009 Game of the Year from the critically acclaimed makers of Dragon Age: Origins and Mass Effect 2. You are one of the few who escaped the destruction of your home. Now, forced to fight for survival in an ever-changing world, you must gather the deadliest of allies, amass fame and fortune, and seal your place in history. This is the story of how the world changed forever. The legend of your Rise to Power begins now.

Key Features:

* Embark upon an all-new adventure that takes place across an entire decade and shapes itself around every decision you make.
    * Determine your rise to power from a destitute refugee to the revered champion of the land.
    * Think like a general and fight like a Spartan with dynamic new combat mechanics that put you right in the heart of battle whether you are a mage, rogue, or warrior.
    * Go deeper into the world of Dragon Age with an entirely new cinematic experience that grabs hold of you from the beginning and never lets go.
    * Discover a whole realm rendered in stunning detail with updated graphics and a new visual style.

Official Site

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2010, 03:26:14 PM »
GI has a video up showing some development work on Dragon Age 2

http://gameinformer.com/games/news/m/mediagallery/430825.aspx

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »
Release Date: September 7th
PC, Xbox360, and PS3

Price: $7 [560 BioWare Points, 560 MS Points, $6.99 PSN]

The dreaded Archdemon has been slain and the advance of the darkspawn halted by a lone, heroic Grey Warden. The kingdom rejoices, but at least one question remains: what happened to Morrigan? The sorceress joined the Wardens cause, but it is said her true purpose was not revealed until the eve of the last battle. She vanished into the shadows, and while rumors claimed she crossed over the mountains into Orlais no trace of her path could be found. She was never heard from again... until now. Nearly a year has passed since the Archdemon's death, and word has reached the Wardens that Morrigan has returned to Ferelden. She has been sighted in the southern wilderness where she was first encountered. Is it truly her? If it is, then why is she here and what secret does she carry with her? The Warden heads into the forest to find out and tie up this last loose end once and for all.

Key Features:
  • Confront Morrigan in this dramatic conclusion to the Origins storyline
  • Earn powerful rewards that transfer into your Awakening and Origins campaign
  • Import your character from Origins or Awakening or create a new, high-level hero!

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #63 on: March 08, 2011, 09:29:49 PM »
How about that Dragon Age 2? Played about two hours now, as a warrior. I'm interested to see how the story can play out, but the gameplay itself is still clunky like in the first, and only Varric is interesting as a character at all,  so far. The dialogue has been pretty mundane thus far, when compared to Mass Effect. The talent trees and abilities I've seen are nice though, and there's plenty of gore to go around.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2011, 07:32:08 PM »
7 hours in, still not really feeling it. I want to see where the story goes, so that's why I'm still playing at any rate.

Too many of the environments are re-used. There's a severe lack of detail in the entire world, Kirkwall and otherwise. For supposedly taking in a flood of refugees, Kirkwall is pretty empty too, and the constant changing of zones required is just tiresome. I'm not sure why they make me bother with equipment even, it's all so boring to manage. The dialogue is shameful compared to what was in the first game, let alone ME2. And if I see another magically exploding dude..

Bioware, son, we need to have a talk. I want to believe it will get better after I pass the first big milestone, but I'm starting to think otherwise :catglare:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #65 on: March 13, 2011, 11:02:00 PM »
Still playing a bit.  Still working on wrapping up busy work quests before passing the big milestone. Trying to be super righteous and all, like I always go for in Bioware games. There's only two characters in my crew that are interesting, the others are just.. there.

I'm starting to wonder why they didn't model the entire city of Kirkwall out. Just don't make sense. The combination of small, lifeless areas, and frequent zoning is really dragging the game down itself.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2011, 06:46:52 AM »
Started playing Dragon Age 2 yesterday. I'm a warrior also. I don't want to say its better or worse than Dragon Age Origins, the game feels pretty different to me. Gameplay seem faster and more action-oriented than the first one, which I like. Thought the first one was a little bit slow.

That said, I don't completely agree with the area of play. Running around one city seems a bit dull compared to a whole kingdom with many unique areas like in the first game. I don't know, maybe things will open up when I progress further. Equipment is disappointing. Not fun when you can't change your party's gear. Basically all the armor is restricted to me -_-'

Romantic opportunities don't seem very interesting yet.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #67 on: April 01, 2011, 09:24:47 AM »
I just finished the game. Gotta say, I enjoyed Origins much more.

I was hoping for it to get more interesting as I progressed, but Dragon Age 2 was just.. flat. Not nearly as much depth as Origins and pretty much just less of everything. Overall disappoint, son.

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Smap - SHAKE