JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Yume no Hana

Author Topic: The Link (Chapter 5- 07/11/10)  (Read 8748 times)

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
The Link (Chapter 5- 07/11/10)
« on: December 04, 2009, 08:26:15 PM »
hi there!!! If I'm just editing/re-posting Broken Destiny here... well, I've taken some extra effort to REWRITE my old fic The Link... and I know some of you already read this. The story itself didn't change... just the way I wrote it.. So yeah.. I hope you like the version 2 of this fic. Douzo. :D

Chapter 1: The 13th Floor

November 13, Saturday

A girl was leaning against the mirror of the dance studio, panting really hard. She wiped a stream of sweat that fell freely on her beautiful face before placing some of her blonde hair behind her ears. She just finished her ‘perfecting’ her dance routine.  She didn’t really need to practice that hard because she’s a fast learner but her desire to dance was really great; that her body can’t stop moving once the music was being played through the speakers. Her comrades already left her an hour ago but she decided to stay and dance privately for a while.

She lost track of the time and before she knew it, it’s barely closing time. She quickly put all of her things inside her bag and ran towards the elevator. She pushed the button to send her towards the ground floor. She closed her eyes as she waited for the door to automatically close itself. She felt it moving but towards the opposite direction. She watched in silence as the numbers on the panel increased… 10…11… 12… 13. And then, it stopped.

The girl panicked inwardly. There’s not supposed to be a thirteenth floor on this building. There’s not even a ‘13’ button on the pad, but the lighted panel showed otherwise. The door of the elevator opened and revealed an empty floor, much like the basement where the cars were parked. The only difference was that, this floor was desolate, dusty, and was only illuminated by the lights outside. The girl pushed the close button but that didn’t work. She tried pushing the ground button but the elevator remained still, as if it’s already broken. She moved a little forward to take a peek at the place. She saw that there’s a wooden door at the far end. The girl gave up on pushing the close button of the elevator and thought about going toward the said door and reasoned that every building has its ‘emergency exit’.

The girl stepped out and walked towards the door when about halfway through, the elevator door suddenly closed. She didn’t have the time to react and run back towards it. The girl just continued walking towards the door. She turned the handle and took a glance at the other side.. Much to her dismay, it wasn’t the exit that she’s searching for but she found the only room in the said floor. She opened the door wider to let some of the light from the outside enter. And she then found a sign of hope.

Inside the room, there’s a radio transceiver on top of a dusty table near one corner. She just needed to ‘phone’ someone about her current situation and soon enough, she’ll be back on the right floor. She removed some dusts by blowing hard on the machine. She searched for the switch and turned it on. The machine emitted static noises and she was happy that it still worked. She grabbed the speakers and wished that someone will hear her.

“Hello? Can somebody hear me?”  The girl removed her finger on the button near the handset but all she can hear was more static sounds. She was about to talk again when..

“uhh… H..hello?”

TBC
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 04:08:08 AM by cogi_yoshi »

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Link (Chapter 1- 12/04/09)
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2009, 08:31:35 PM »
nice start to the fic, i am hooked

:sits there waiting:
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• Subleader of Tsunku's Army
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • What has been seen cannot be unseen.
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2009, 09:33:45 PM »
Ah, I think I've read this before. Is that Rika on the 13th floor?

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2009, 02:38:12 PM »
“uhh… H..hello?”
Hello? Twilight Zone delivery. May I take your order please? *cue: background music* (Boy I'm so lame :lol:)

This story sounds cool! I wanna know what happens next! XD

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2009, 03:22:59 AM »
 :OMG: The starting sound sooooo much like a horror movie... I always have a thing about lifts..........

Is that Reina or Maki.. i remembered reading something before on them talking on the phone from the intercom of the lift but that different time zone.. hmmmmm....

:mon bat:

Offline lil_hamz

• Sapphire and Nouveau... like it should've been
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • She makes every summer sweet, every moment happy
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2009, 05:09:30 AM »
OOohh, I always liked horror stories. I have a feeling this one is gonna be really exciting. Why didn't you tell us who the character was in the first chapter though? I don't wanna be kept in suspence :P

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2009, 01:22:01 PM »
I still can remember the story  :cow:  but will read again  :yep:

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2009, 01:36:42 AM »
Oh snap o-o;
Sounds kinda creepy..it's a must read  :D

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
Re: The Link (Chapter 2- 12/09/09)
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2009, 07:42:34 PM »
@Kurosawa87-Well, I must not make you wait any longer.. XD
@rndmnwierd-Uhh... no... but I'll post that on the one shot section.. :yep:
@badsaints- :rofl: well anyways.. here's the next update.. :lol:
@amEthystx-well, did I make it sound like a horror fic? ahahah... but yeah.. you remembered it right. I'm just fixing/ improving the way I relate it. XD
@lil_hamz-Ahahaha..yeah... about that... I forgot to describe the girl!!! Anyways... You'll get a 'glimpse' of her on the 3rd chappie. :D
@kRisZ- You should... because this one's better... and I guess... shorter...XD
@~Psychotic~o_o~ -yeah...creepy... you better not read this if you're constantly using lifts. :P

So I'll not let you wait any longer...Here's the next chapter... well... it took me long to post this one because I had to research somethings to make it a little bit realistic. Enjoy~!

Chapter 2: Inside the Building

“Uh…hello?”

“Where are you?!”

“I’m already running… I can’t talk to you right now.”

“You didn’t answer my question.. WHERE EXACTLY ARE YOU?”

“I’m already at the Akabanebashi Oedo station.. I’m running towards the building now. Are you happy?”

“Well, run faster! Nakazawa-san will get mad at you!”

“That’s what I’m doing right now. Hey, it isn’t my fault if I’m late. This is sudden! I’ll hang-up now so I can run faster, ok?” The girl put her phone back to her bag and continued running towards the exit of the station. She lowered her hat as she waited for the light to turn green. She can’t afford to let the other people see who she really was even though it’s already dark. Not that she was being rude or something. She just can’t afford to be late as she already was. If these people saw her, they might ask for an autograph from her. At last, the light turned green and she again started running towards the tall building where idols like her, worked.

She grabbed her phone and called the person who called her earlier. They suddenly had an emergency meeting about their sports festival tomorrow at Tokyo Stadium. She’s already sleeping when her manager called her to go back to the Up-Front building. She forgot to ask for the room so she had choice but to call on the person who’s already at the said venue.

“Hey Sayu… uhh… what room is that?”

“Room 4 11 on the 14th floor. Are you already inside the building?”

“Yeah, I’m running towards the elevator now. Uhh… wait… Technically, that’s the 13th floor right? Because right after the 12th floor, the next one’s called the 14th floor right?”

“Reina, why bother with that? You’re already late!”

“Yeah, yeah.. Just thinking out loud. Be there in two minutes!” Reina closed her phone and went inside an empty elevator. She pushed the 14th floor button and rested her back on the wall to catch her breath. She looked at panel and waited for the right floor to stop.

“Why do almost all of the buildings remove the 13th floor? Why do grownups believe in such things?

The elevator shook a little and then as it stopped moving, the lights went dead. A couple of seconds later, the emergency lamp opened.

“What the… I’m ALREADY LATE!!!! Why does this thing has to happen?!”
Reina pushed the buttons but its not functioning. She pounded on the door and hope that someone might hear it from the other side. As she hit it, her vision moved up and noticed the panel that tells the floor. Reina moved away from the door as she saw the number on the panel.

“No way! 13th floor?! How come?!?”

She bombarded her own mind with many questions regarding this unimaginable event. But her mind completely went blank as the door opened without her consent, or rather, it opened by itself. Reina blindly searched for her phone inside her bag and re-dialed her last call. She tried calling everyone in her group but it seemed that the 13th floor is a dead zone for cell phones.

“Ok, Reina… think. This is a tall building. Buildings always have fire exits! Now, go out there and look for it. Just think that this is a funny joke being played on you.. Hey, maybe that’s it! Maybe there are hidden cameras outside. You better not show that you’re scared!

Reina used her phone to light her way for the night lights from the building beside them wasn’t enough.  She was just a few steps away when she heard the elevator door closing. She ran back but didn’t make it in time before it closed. Reina tried to push the button several times but it seemed that it’s not working. She leaned her back on the door and look at the darkness in front of her.

“Great! Now what? The girls will come to me in monster costumes? Halloween’s over! Why are they doing this to me?!”
Reina just continued to walk even though she’s afraid. She’s not really good with scary stuffs. She hummed their latest single to counter the silent atmosphere, more likely, to counter the ‘things’ that she’s starting to imagine right now.

“Don’t look back! Nothing’s following you. It’s just your shoes. Just your shoes Reina. No big deal. Gaaah~!! It’s just your shadows… your mind’s just messing up with you! Think happy thoughts! Tomorrow, it’s the sports festival… you have to contribute to the team. Think of a nice plan… EEHHH~!!! Hang in there… it’s really cold because it’s already night.. and besides, this building has centralized air conditioning. Yeah, that’s it…. Namida tomaranai wa~ Anata…. The fire exit!”

Reina dashed towards the ‘only’ door on that floor. When she yanked it open, she was dismayed as it revealed a room; a dusty room with a table at one corner. Her heart skipped a beat when the machine on top emitted static noises. She went closer towards it and noticed that it’s a transceiver. She forgot the model but her granpa owned one like this. She was about to take the receiver to call for help when the static stopped and was replaced by a girl’s voice.

“Hello? Can somebody hear me?” Reina was glad that there was an opportunity to be saved now.  She put the receiver near her mouth and replied to the girl’s call.

“Uhh, H… hello?

TBC
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 07:51:30 PM by cogi_yoshi »

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Link (Chapter 2- 12/08/09)
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2009, 09:22:28 PM »
Reina stuck in an elevator  :( A lot of panic and the missing 13th floor spooky

well let's see the next chapter
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2009, 10:00:51 PM »
Ah, okay. :sweatdrop: Then I will read patiently.

Offline amEthystx

• The Bishop NI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2009, 06:18:12 AM »
LOL~ yes... cause it's always the lift and 13th floor~~ then there will be green mist around.... some water sound.... cold wind.... * :on freeze:

I think it had been a long time since i read the other one...so it's kinda all blur now~ plus i wasn't a member still~ so now i can comment!  XD

:mon bat:

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2009, 01:07:08 PM »
*letting go of the breathe she's been holding*

So is this happening in alternate universe or both girls are unlucky enough to be stuck on the 13th floor which "doesn't exist" at the (coincidentally) same exact time? Who is the girl in the first chapter? Since she's a blonde, I'm guessing Yossie? But she could also be Britney Spears j/k :P

Offline cogi_yoshi

• Member+
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2009, 07:01:10 PM »
Reina stuck in an elevator  :( A lot of panic and the missing 13th floor spooky

well let's see the next chapter

Ahahaha... it's not really that spooky... :sweatdrop:

@rndmnwierd - hehehehe... cool. Read it while you're alone in your room. jks XD
@amEthystx - where did you read the 1st version before? Is it on Jpopmusic? : :dunno:

*letting go of the breathe she's been holding*

So is this happening in alternate universe or both girls are unlucky enough to be stuck on the 13th floor which "doesn't exist" at the (coincidentally) same exact time? Who is the girl in the first chapter? Since she's a blonde, I'm guessing Yossie? But she could also be Britney Spears j/k :P

well, all I can say is.. they are on the same universe... and I deliberately didn't tell who the girl was... I'll just give hints on the next chapter. But it's DEFINITELY NOT britney.XD

Chapter 3: Connection

“Woah… so this thing still works… Uh… hi?”

“Hi… so… uhh…” Reina didn’t know how to start. She was in the ‘worst’ possible kind of pinch that a human can ever dream of and this was her chance to get herself off that situation. But if she told the other girl on the line about the floor she was in, she may freak out. She decided to take it slow when the other girl asked her something.

“Hey, do you know whether this transceiver can be used to, you know, call other people? Uhmm, like ambulance, fire fighters… police?”

“Uhh, yeah? Well, you must find the correct channel, just like in TV’s. There’s a certain wavelength for the police, ambulance or fire fighters.”

“Oh, is that so?” Reina heard the girl let out a sigh. “Thanks for that information.”

“Sure, no problem.”
“Man… Why haven’t I thought about it before? I can find some help!” Reina looked at the transceiver but her anticipation was put to a stop when she noticed that the knob used for turning the frequencies was missing. It was Reina’s turn to let out a sigh.

“What’s your name?”

“I beg your pardon?” Reina heard the girl asked for her name but she was purposely stalling it. Would she give her REAL name? It’s almost been a year since she became a member of Morning Musume. There’s nothing in their contract that says it’s not good to make friends with ‘ordinary’ people but still, she didn’t know who this girl was.

“Well, I just want to know your name. I just had this feeling that I know you or something.”

“I’m Ren….. Call me Ren-chan.”

“Hi there Ren-chan! Mines…” It took the other girl sometime for her reply. “Hey, are you still there?” Reina asked. There’s something behind the girl’s voice. It’s as if she heard it somewhere before.

“Uhh, yeah. I was distracted by something. My name’s Toma… Call me Toma-chan. I’m 14 by the way.”

“14? That means I’m a year older than you. I just turned 15, two days ago.”

“Really? Belated happy birthday then!” Reina smiled. It felt so nice being greeted by somebody. She always felt really happy whenever her fans will greet her but this Toma person; Reina really felt like she knew her before.

“Thanks. You know. It feels like I know you…Your voice. It sounds familiar..” Reina heard the other girl cough.

“Really? A lot of my friends are telling me that. My friends told me that the timbre of my voice is the same as most of the Japanese girl. You know… the...uhhh.. well, I forgot what my music teacher said about that.”

“What school are you going? Maybe you’re my schoolmate!” Reina dusted a part of the table with her handkerchief and sat on top of it as she waited for Toma’s answer.

“Hinode Girls Gakuen.”

“Ohh… not my school. I’ve never heard of that school. I’m from Fukouka.”
“Hinode? Hmmm, why do I feel like I’ve heard it before.”

“Woah. That’s pretty… far. I can’t blame you if you didn’t know that school. It’s just a normal school here in Tokyo. Not like Meiji or Waseda.”

“Wait, the last two were universities…Ehhh!!! Wait!!! You’re here in Tokyo too?!” Reina exclaimed. Somehow, her interest towards the other person was heightened.”

“Too? I thought that you’re from Fukouka?”

“Well, I’m here in Tokyo because… of my group. Well, uhh, you see… I’m training to become an idol.”
<i> “Well, I’m already an idol. I’m just taking precautions.”</i>

“Idol? Dancing and singing thing?”

“Yeah… that’s it! I want to be like my idol Maki Goto. Do you know her? Morning Musume?” At this, Reina heard the other girl coughed really hard. “Hey, are you alright? What happened?”

“Uhh, nothing. Got something on my throat. Aherm… yeah, I know her. 3rd generation right? She’s… uh… good.”

“She’s not good… She’s really cool! Do I sense that you don’t like her?” Reina asked. She thought that Toma’s voice was somewhat quivering, like she was unsure of what she was saying.

“Uhhh.. It’s just that. Well, I’m more into Ayumi Hamasaki. Hehehe… is she really cool?”

‘Duh? She’s the coolest Morning Musume ever! That’s why I auditioned…. For this group. And then when I get better, I’ll audition for Morning Musume.”
“Crap! I almost slipped there.”

“Really, she’s that cool? I didn’t know…”

“You should listen to Morning Musume! She’s really cool. Her fashion, her aura… everything! I can’t get it into words. Just see for yourself.” Reina smiled to herself. If Toma will listen to Morning Musume, it’ll be just a little time before she would guess who she really was. Her voice was a dead giveaway.

“Ok. I’ll listen to them. You sounded like a wota there.”

“Well, you could say that I’m a huge fan… but not definitely wota. There’s a big difference.” The two of them laughed. Reina decided to move up a level since she felt like no one’s going to save her for a while. She’s really scared of ghosts and her current situation was making her petrified if not for this transceiver and Toma. It somehow made her forget the creepy atmosphere in the 13th floor. They continued their ‘question and answer’ mode.

“So Toma-chan, what are your hobbies? Mines karaoke, playing volleyball… uhhh, what else… oh right, making friends laugh!”

“Making friends laugh? That’s a weird hobby. Hmm, my hobbies? Well, it’s cooking.. watching movies and collecting polaroids. You know, got to preserve good memories. So, what foods do you like? I like ice cream… and yoghurt.”

“Desserts? Ahahaha, mine’s yakiniku. I’m a carnivore person so I like meat.” Reina suddenly became silent. She didn’t ask yet as to why Toma-chan was in calling in the first place. “Uhh, Toma-chan… why did you call in the first place? And why ask about whether you can call the ambulance or police?” Again, Reina noticed the other girl took her time in responding to her questions.

“Well, you see. I was practicing really hard, we have a…uhh, dance contest for tomorrow so I stayed behind. And then, uhhh…. Well, I decided to, you know, look around the vicinity of the studio and found an old room… with this dusty transceiver.”

“Ahhh, so that’s your story… But why ask about the firefighters and police?”

“Hmmm, about that… well, I always see transceivers used for that purposes in the movies so yeah. I asked whether you know how to contact them too.” Reina wanted to ask her more about it and also, ask whether she can watch her group’s performance tomorrow when suddenly, the elevator returned.

“Hey, Ren-chan. It’s really late now. I’ll let you take your rest now. But I really hope we can talk with each other again.”

“Me? Rest? You’re the one who’s being a workaholic. YOU should rest now. Don’t worry, I really like talking with you so…” Reina made a mental note, tomorrow, she’ll bring a flashlight in case she’ll encounter this ‘magical’ floor on the Up-Front Building. “I’ll wait for you.”

“Ok.. I’ll go now, Ja~!”

“Take care!” As soon as the girl’s voice was replaced by static sounds, she dashed towards the elevator before it decided to leave her again. She got in Reina was thankful that it went upwards towards her ‘real’ floor. Reina took a deep breath. She didn’t know how she will explain to the girls the ‘real’ reason as to why she’s late. She was still thinking when the elevator opened, she was surprised when the girls, headed by the H!P leader,  was standing in front of the elevator.

“Tanaka-san!” Nakazawa’s angry voice sent chills on her spine.

“Gomen… I didn’t mean to be late.”

“LATE? You’re not late.” Reina decided to look at Nakazawa’s fierce eyes. “You’re absent! The meetings already finished.!”

“Oh?”
“Woah… I’m gone for almost an hour? Weird… I guess I enjoyed talking to her that I didn’t notice the time.” The girls went inside the elevator and Nakazawa pushed the ground button.

“You’re on my Team… Aqua Stars. Here’s your uniform. Don’t be late tomorrow.” Reina took her uniform from their leader. Reina looked at the panel, hoping that they will pass the 13th floor on their way down but, after the 14th floor, the panel showed the 12th floor next.

“Was that a dream? Am I just dreaming while I’m awake? It seems impossible but… I know she exists. Gaaah! I forgot to ask where her competition is!!! I want to watch her. But then again, we have our sports festival. I can’t possibly go even though I know where it is.”

……………………….
It’s been two days since Reina hadn’t been on the UFA building. Their sports festival was really fun… and tiring so the next day, all of them had a day-off. She was excited as she pressed the 14th floor. She checked her bag whether she didn’t forget to bring her flashlight today. Even if it’s almost noon, that floor didn’t have any installed lights. Her excitement grew as she neared the floor.

11….
12….
14….
DING

Reina blinked her eyes. She pressed the close button and pushed 12. The elevator brought her to the 12th floor. She pressed the 14 for the last time, but it ended on the right floor. Reina walked out of the elevator and ran towards the fire exit. She was anticipating for a conversation with her new friend that’s why to avoid being late, she decided to go to her work an hour early. She ran down the flight of stairs but the next door lead her back to the 12th floor. Reina traced her steps back and stopped mid-way of the 14th and 12th floors. Reina couldn’t believe her eyes. There’s no door.

“No way! How will I be able to talk with her again?”

TBC

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
Re: The Link (Chapter 3- 12/10/09)
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2009, 07:06:59 PM »
very mysterious in a parallel universe lol
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline rndmnwierd

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2009, 11:52:18 PM »
Who was the blonde girl? I wonder. *racks brain*

Offline badsaints

• in love with Love
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2009, 12:59:58 AM »
Okay I have a guess on who "Toma-chan" is but I'm keeping my mouth shut for now. Is she someone Reina know?

Offline kRisZ

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ...shiawasekai...
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2009, 03:37:03 AM »
Different from the previous... very interesting  :twothumbs

Offline Treykun

• Member+
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2009, 02:22:03 PM »
I knew that I've read this before, but I didn't remember the story...
Now I remember!!  XD
This story is so good... I'll read it one more time lol

Offline ~Psychotic~o_o~

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2009, 01:52:08 AM »
 :O I think I came across this story before too, but after "Toma-chan" spoke I was like o____________o;
Yep must have read it somewhere xD
Anyways I can't really remember what happened next but the
So, what foods do you like? I like ice cream… and yoghurt.”
made a light bulb go off in my head
-Waits patiently for the next update-

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: The Back Horn - Yume no Hana