JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika & Shibata Ayumi - Be Happy! Koi no Yajirobee

Author Topic: (Band) Gacharic Spin / DOLL$BOXX  (Read 176330 times)

Offline twissie

• Wildcard, bitches. Yeeeeehaw
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
Re: (Band) Gacharic Spin
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2011, 12:11:04 AM »
So, I managed to sneakily listen in on the live ustream broadcast while at work last Friday. The big announcement was that Gacharic Spin are getting their own music experiment variety show on Music Air! It'll air every Saturday, starting sometime in December.

They showcased what was meant by "music experiment" variety by holding a little contest where the girls put on headphones and moved around to the music they listened to, the viewers were then asked to guess what genre of music they were listening to via the social stream on ustream.

The show was interspersed with clips from their live dvd and various "Teach yourself ____" dvds, but they also performed an acoustic set, and it was wonderful. If someone recorded this, please share! The girls are set to do some acoustic shows in the future.

Anyone else catch the stream? What did you think?

Gachapin did an outdoors gig at Odaiba in Tokyo yesterday. This picture popped up on Armmy's blog, and I love it.

Offline mikeymike

« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2011, 10:42:04 AM »
I watched the show but did not record it, the acoustic set was awesome indeed!

Love the picture of Armmy playing bass and Koga singing haha! :lol:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Hunting Summer from Saturday's show at Odaiba! So awesome~

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #143 on: January 11, 2012, 07:22:30 PM »
The band had to cancel a couple of shows earlier this month because Armmy got suddenly ill.

Now they've announced that they are looking for a support vocalist (possibly several) to get them through their tour scheduled for February. They've called the tour "Gacharic Spin GACHAPINCH!! Tour" and it consists of 21 shows! Wow.

.... this could get very interesting.

The audition (?) runs all through January, and girls ages 15~30 are free to participate (both amateur and professional singers welcome). You can send in your audition either via regular mail or e-mail. More information here.

I can't help but worry about Armmy, though. I hope she's doing okay :/

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #144 on: January 15, 2012, 09:16:26 PM »
This is a bit late, but I wanted to share anyway.

TAKO-SHOW, a restaurant in Osaka, is currently doing a project to show their support for Gacharic Spin and to help Armmy feel a bit better. Their goal is to collect a thousand origami paper cranes made by Gachaman and Gachapinko (the fans!), and send them to her.

You can show your support for this project by tweeting the restaurant at @takoshow1216.

You can also download PDF recipes and make your own paper cranes. Download links and mailing address can be found at TAKO-SHOW's blog entry, here. If the download links won't work, then using your own paper/recipe is fine as well.

They've set the initial deadline to January 22, so it might be a bit late to send in your paper cranes, but it's not too late to show them that you support their project.

Gachapin staff has also posted an official update. Armmy's condition is not life threatening, but she won't return to action anytime soon.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2012, 04:48:36 PM »
Hana, Koga, and Tomo-zo spotted in a picture with AKB girls after the AKB livestream (Request Hour Setlist Best 100) broadcast Sunday January 22.

I don't know why the Gachapin girls were there, I don't follow AKB at all. Anyone care to fill me in? XD

Picture originally posted by AKB48s Shinoda Mariko on twitter.

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
« Reply #146 on: January 25, 2012, 03:08:18 AM »
Weird I thought  I replied yesterday o_O

Anyways, at the end of their concert AKB surprised everybody by performing their upcoming single as a BAND. It was pretty bad, but I appreciate the effort and seeing that was pretty awesome. They showed a VTR of the members practicing before the performance, but I didn't see any of Gachapin in the VTR.

The TV version of their second documentary aired recently though, and it showed AKB practicing as a band a bit more.

Gachapin helped them practice and filled in for members who couldn't make it.:D Coool

I hope Koga taught Oshima Yuko some sick slap bass.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #147 on: January 25, 2012, 01:02:54 PM »
Weird I thought  I replied yesterday o_O

You did, but: http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=10802.msg994956#msg994956

Anyway, super awesome! The Gachapin girls all have their teaching DVDs and such out, so I'm sure they were able to help the AKB48 girls a lot  :twothumbs

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #148 on: February 01, 2012, 12:21:56 AM »
First round of support vocalists announced!
Former bandmates stepping up to the plate. Anyone heard of any of these girls before? I'd love to learn more about them :]

Fuki (LIGHT BRINGER)

To appear at: 3.09 (fri) Kobe VARIT, 3.10 (sat) Osaka RUIDO, 3.11 (sun) Shiga U☆STONE
Official site: http://www.lovelylovely.jp/

浜田ブリトニー (Hamada Britney)

To appear at: 2.17 (fri) Shibuya Milkyway, 2.18 (sat) Nishi-Kawaguchi Hearts
Official site: http://www.hamada-britney.jp/

яisa★яock

To appear at: 3.02 (fri) Niigata CLUB RIVERST, 3.04 (sun) Fukui CHOP
Official site: http://risa-rock.com/top.html
An old acquaintance of Hana's former band.

鈴木玲緒奈 (Suzuki Reona)

To appear at: 2.24 (fri) Otaru CRU-Z, 2.26 (sun) Sapporo COLONY
Official blog: http://ameblo.jp/reona1110/
Former member of EU PHORIA, Tomo-zo's old band. She'll also be stepping up as OREOREONA and function as a support keyboardist for the tour ... at least I assume this is the same person. They posted two different pictures of her for the announcement, but my googling leads to the same blog. I stand corrected if it's somehow two different Reonas, though 8D;

Full announcement at Gacharic Spin's offical site!

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #149 on: February 01, 2012, 11:58:13 AM »
^Yeah, that is the same Reona.

Speaking of Eu*Phoria, I was wondering if Shoco (their vocalist) would apply or be considered for support vocalist. Even though I would love to see her again, I'm glad she isn't involved. I think it would be really painful and awkward to perform with the band that is one of the reasons why Eu*phoria isn't around anymore.

I like how the majority of the vocalists above is blond. I wonder if that's a coincidence  :lol: I'm not familiar with any of them either. 

Offline dark-san

« Reply #150 on: February 13, 2012, 09:18:44 AM »
There's another support vocalist on the next tour!

I Love KANA, her voice so cute  :otomerika:

XD

Hope i can see them  :inlove:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #151 on: February 13, 2012, 09:23:51 PM »
Gachapin (briefly) spotted on Coming Soon:

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #152 on: February 20, 2012, 10:33:43 PM »
Better late than never. There's a few surprises in here...

GROUP 2

みっき~ (G∀LMET)

To appear at 3.16 (fri) Nagoya ZION, 3.17 (sat) Tokushima club GRINDHOUSE, 3.18 (sun) Kagawa DIME
Official site: http://galmethp.web.fc2.com/top.html

Touboku Hitomi

To appear at 2.19 (sun) Nagano J
Official site: http://ameblo.jp/hitomit0902/

KANA (HEAD SPEAKER)

To appear at 3.22 (thu) Nagasaki DRUM Be-7, 3.23 (fri) Fukuoka DRUM SON, 3.24 (sat) Kumamoto DRUM Be-9, 3.25 (sun) Oita DRUM Be-0
Official site: http://www.headspeaker.jp/main.html

GROUP 3

MAYU (BLiSTAR)

To appear at 4.2 (mon) Shibuya O-WEST
Official site: http://ameblo.jp/blistar-mayu/

Maiko (DAZZLE VISION)

To appear at 3.31 (sat) Kashiwa Drunkards Stadium
Official site: http://dazzlevision.net/top.html

TOMO2&REONA (ex.EU PHORIA)

To appear at 3.20 (tue) Shunan Tiki-TA

The big elephant in the room here is obviously MAYU, the vocalist from KOGA's old band The Pink Panda. BLiSTAR, her current band, is currently on break, because she recently gave birth. I'm just all kinds of surprised by this announcement. There better be pictures and/or videos of this. I'd love to see MAYU and KOGA back on stage together. What an epic tour final.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #153 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:22 PM »
So after months of not hearing anything from Armmy, the news are in, and they are not what people were hoping they’d be.

Armmy is leaving the band.

Offline tru_harmony

• Ships legally in most jurisdictions
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • It's Official: ~IshiYoshi is Love~
    • Dtru_harmony
    • Dtru_harmony
« Reply #154 on: March 15, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

TT_TT

Offline muppet

• Rin’s Motto: "Suki koso mono no jouzu nare" (好きこそ物の上手なれ; What one likes, one will do well)
  • Member+
« Reply #155 on: March 16, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »
Armmy leaving the band- a real shame....Hope her health is okay, or improving...

Offline tinygreensnail

• J-music noob
« Reply #156 on: March 21, 2012, 11:11:30 PM »
Hello there, fellow Gacha-people :heart:. That's awfully upsetting news about Armmy, I'm really going to miss her voice and enthusiastic personality and I hope that she can get through her illness before too long. Love to see her return to singing at some point, even outside Gacharic Spin.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see who gets to take over the lead vocal spot. Lots of ways they can go with that. Along the same lines, I'm wondering if they're going to make Reona (Oreoreona  :thumbsup ) a permanent part of the band. She obviously fits in well with the group, and given Gachapin's music, I think they'd do well with a permanent keyboardist in the lineup. She seems to be taking a bigger role in the weekly videos, so who knows.

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2012, 11:38:33 PM »
Along the same lines, I'm wondering if they're going to make Reona (Oreoreona  :thumbsup ) a permanent part of the band. She obviously fits in well with the group, and given Gachapin's music, I think they'd do well with a permanent keyboardist in the lineup. She seems to be taking a bigger role in the weekly videos, so who knows.

Hahaha wow, so.. it's not up on the official site yet, but both Koga and Tomo-zo have written on their blogs that Reona (or Oreoreona as her band persona seems to be named) is now an official member of Gacharic Spin. The girls seem thrilled. I mean, they've already had to change guitarist once... so this is Gachapin v. 1.5, I can't wait until they find a new vocalist and turn into Gachapin 2.0.

Offline tinygreensnail

• J-music noob
« Reply #158 on: March 25, 2012, 08:17:46 AM »
Well how about that! That's great news. Congratulations are in order for Oreoreona (now seems from their Twitter she's simply going by Oreo, which is cute, and a bit quicker to type). I'll be looking forward to hearing what her addition will mean for the band's sound when they start putting new material out.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:42:24 AM by tinygreensnail »

Offline twissie

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • 澄んだ空で一番光る青い星になりたい
    • twiss
    • awildtwissappears
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2012, 08:35:27 PM »
So many things to share... XD

First of all, there's a long interview posted over at WeROCK City: http://www.werockcity.com/2012/04/44198.html

They seem pretty positive that Gacharic Spin will continue on. They're in a bit of a transformation period, will return soon enough as version 3.0 of Gacharic Spin. They're looking for a vocalist that'll fit in, but they've got no idea of when they'll find that person (if at all...). Both Hana and Oreo can sing, but they would like to have a dedicated vocalist.
They shared fun little tidbits about the PINCH! tour, apparently Hamada Britney was a terrible vocalist XD (but she gave everything she had, so what can you do).

They've announced that they'll do a European tour. Only one date in France announced so far, but Koga mentioned studying Spanish and German for the "European tour", so I have a feeling they'll announce more dates later.

The french show will be at JapaNîmes, a Japan Expo/convention type deal : http://www.festival-japanimes.fr/-2012-01-la-japanight-arrive-en-trombe-#comments

They've announced two new shows in Japan:

aaaand they've announced a new single.

"Nudierhythm" .....

I wonder who sings this. <,<;

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika & Shibata Ayumi - Be Happy! Koi no Yajirobee