JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: PSY - Gangnam Style

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 487661 times)

Offline Overmars

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #2380 on: May 25, 2010, 02:24:11 PM »
Your advice is not work.  :sweatdrop:
But thank for the help.   :thumbsup

I found the solution.
I format the drive and reinstall the window again.  :nervous

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2381 on: July 16, 2010, 11:12:33 PM »
1. Lately, I've been trouble burning DVD-R DL. I used the same program, same brand of discs, but they all fail!  :panic: Something about the hash not checking out. They all error about half way through the process. I can burn regular DVD-Rs just fine... What could be the problem?

2. Any way I can erase the failed DVD-R DL and re-use them, even though they are not RW?  :oops:

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #2382 on: July 17, 2010, 10:50:23 AM »
Oh, it reminds me one famous H!P concert I tried to burn few years ago... the second layer was always bugging in all the dvd players I tried.
After that, I read some posts which explained that DVD DL weren't an exact science...  XD
(and after that, I bought a HDD multimedia player lol)

So : DVD-R DL can't be erased...
If the burning session has not been closed, you may burn other stuff on it -maybe-.

If I were you, I'll try with another brand... just once...

Btw, it's iso or data you'll try to burn... ?
Because I've chosen the fact that you were burning iso...  :nervous

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2383 on: July 17, 2010, 06:22:12 PM »
It might help to know what program you're using, what brand of discs, and what kind of data you're putting on them.
The model of burner might be helpful too.

The exact error message you're getting will vary depending on what program you use, so if you Google search that info, you can often find some other people with the same problems.

With .iso files, they can be a little trickier to get right.  If they came with MDS files, you may have to use those to get them right.
Also try lowering your burn speed to maybe 2x or 3x.  Sometimes errors can occur if the burner goes too fast.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2384 on: July 17, 2010, 10:54:35 PM »
Thanks for the help  :)

Program: CDBurnerXP
Brand: Phillips DVD+R DL
Data: .iso (they don't come with mds files..)
Burner: No idea... it came standard in this Acer PC.

I also burn at low speed (2x) as a precaution  :)

I don't have the exact error code anymore  :oops:

It's just strange. I used this exact same set-up tons of times, but it started failing only recently.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2385 on: July 18, 2010, 08:50:10 AM »
^ Your burner could have gone bad, happens its hardware something could have gone out of alignment or something like that.

I tend to use imgburn (free util) haven't really had problems with it, but DL's are notoriously problematic as there are two kinds: reverse spiral or restart from inner.
I sometimes extract the directories from the origional ISO, create my own ISO (via imgburn) and then burn it (with imgburn) that util should understand its own creation :)

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #2386 on: August 06, 2010, 07:25:41 PM »
Is spyware in general something I should be worried about?

I haven't scanned my computer for them in a week, and I found over 300 'listed ones' tonight (I use SUPERAntiSpyware for this). I mean, my computer's fine despite all that, I'm just wondering. I'm also kind of paranoid about spyware stealing sensitive info such as credit card details, etc. if there's such a thing?

Can anyone also recommend other (free) programs that'll get rid of any current spyware in my computer once and for all? Also prevent it, of course.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #2387 on: August 06, 2010, 11:18:24 PM »
^ I usually use Spybot everywhere and it's quite effective, with a good antivirus and a good behavior, of course.

Btw, I'm experiencing some issue with uploading vob to youtube atm... did they change their policy or what ?_?

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2388 on: August 08, 2010, 08:37:46 AM »
I can't believe I didn't see this thread. XD So yeah, I posted in another thread how my computer's been powering itself down strangely: the fans would slow to a crawl, then the display shuts off and the system reboots. Checking the BIOS I saw the +12v voltage go into freefall as this happens. Motherboard has no noticeable damage, the system will POST normally before going crazy, so I'm assuming this is a PSU issue. Making this trickier is that my computer is a Shuttle barebones (SN27P2), which means nonstandard mobo and PSU.

I plan on taking my system to a repair store, but I wanna know if anyone else might have an idea of what's going on or anything I can do before I give up possesion of my machine for a while.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2389 on: August 08, 2010, 12:45:16 PM »
^ hm, the 12v going down (which the fans use to run on) would indicate to me either an overloaded system or a failing power supply.

I have had several of those small Shuttle style power-supplies fail on me (two Creative Slix for example) if I search for the machine type and powerr supply, there seem to be more problems with it.

Offline Wonderboy

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ☆彡
« Reply #2390 on: August 08, 2010, 01:26:39 PM »
Btw, I'm experiencing some issue with uploading vob to youtube atm... did they change their policy or what ?_?
Ok, after investigation the solution is simple : just need to use the new Java upload.  :P

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2391 on: August 09, 2010, 03:36:44 AM »
So it seems that the solution to my problem was also simple: I had my paging file turned off because I wanted to free up disk space and take advantage of my 8GB of RAM, but apparently something in the system didn't like relying completely on physical memory. I turned that shit back on, voltage restabilized. :doh: So glad that I don't have to spend money I'm not ready to spend...of course this now means I have to buy a new hard drive to alleviate my disk space problems. :lol:
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline J-Triumf

• Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #2392 on: August 09, 2010, 06:22:24 AM »
FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

The "fix" didn't work...voltage started going down again! Now the computer won't even start at all!

I have to get a fucking new motherboard/case/etc. now...getting tired of this bullshit. :angry:
ねぇ、笑って?

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
« Reply #2393 on: August 09, 2010, 08:04:04 AM »
got stupid while fucking w/pron online and got a virus.
Got it deleted but after it dissabled task manager, how do I get administrater to let me back in to activate task manager?
Life is one time.

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2394 on: August 09, 2010, 08:15:01 AM »
I had a similar virus some years ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vundo

I mostly cured the infection by using the removal tool:
http://www.symantec.com/content/en/us/global/removal_tool/threat_writeups/FixVundo.exe

I say mostly because with these things that modify things so deeply within the OS, some things may never be the same.
In the end, reformatting was the only way to make sure all traces of it were gone.

Of course, if this isn't the problem you're facing, this won't help much.  The task manager being disabled just reminded me of my case from back then.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline LaJon

• King Lurker
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2395 on: August 09, 2010, 11:33:15 AM »
Got it deleted but after it dissabled task manager, how do I get administrater to let me back in to activate task manager?

Do you mean task manager (what comes up when you hit Ctrl+Alt+Del), or do you mean explorer (star menu, taskbar, etc.)?  You can pull explorer back up by hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del, and then going to the top left of the window where there should be a Run option in the menu.  Just type in "explorer" and it should bring everything back up.  Should at least make it easier to get around while you try to clean up any traces of what's left on the computer.

If you wanna make another pass at cleaning things up, this is how I would go about it:

1. Download CCleaner, Stinger, SpyBot Search & Destroy, and AVG.
2. Restart your computer and enter safe mode (with networking).  To do this, hit F8 before it goes into the windows loading screen and make the selection there.
3. Install and run CCleaner.  This will clean up a lot of the trash on the computer like temp files, browser history/cache, cookies, etc.  Less to scan means faster scanning.
4. Install and run Stinger.  This is specifically for some of the most dangerous viruses out there and isn't a general purpose anti-virus program.
4. Install, update, and run SpyBot Search & Destroy.  Should find and fix most things.
5. Install, update, and run AVG.  To be safe, or if the previous program didn't fix the immediate problem at all.

Hope that helps.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2396 on: August 09, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
The main reason I use Virtual Machines these days, easier then format C:, just copy the .vhd back from a previous date  :thumbsup

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2397 on: August 11, 2010, 06:55:00 PM »
anyone knows how to rip a dvd with multiple audio and subs?  or to create a video (mkv, ogg, ogm,etc.) with multiple audio and subs?  I can probably rip the audio and subs separately...

UPDATE: I'm using Firefox,  I usually have 2 or more Firefox windows open. When I minimize them, then when I click on a link that opens a windows, all my minimized windows all pop-up at once on screen.  It never happens before, I'm guessing it's something to do with some settings, but I tried but can't figured out what made it happen.  Help me as it is annoying...
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 03:53:55 AM by BigDnm01 »

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2398 on: August 14, 2010, 03:50:55 PM »
anyone knows how to rip a dvd with multiple audio and subs?  or to create a video (mkv, ogg, ogm,etc.) with multiple audio and subs?  I can probably rip the audio and subs separately...

http://handbrake.fr/ will do it all. They have some tutorials. It's fairly straightforward, though

Offline BigDnm01

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2399 on: August 17, 2010, 03:32:02 AM »
I have a iPhone 3GS that was updated and totally locked up, only emergency calls are allowed.  I dunno how to fix this.  I don't exactly know which version is updated, but it something after 3.1.2.   I only have a T-mobile SIM card, no AT&T.  which I think is need(or not).  hopefully I can unlock it w/out the AT&T SIM.   

I'd also tried to downgrade the firmware, but it wouldn't complete, popping up error messages everytime when it's near complete.

UPDATE:  Actually, the problem might've gotten worse.  now because of me trying to contstantly change/downgrade the firmware, or try using different firmware, now everytime the phone on, only the "iTunes and usb cable" photo pops up.  only thing I can do is connect to the computer.

PLEASE HELP, IN NEED OF ASSISTANCE!

UPDATE: I got out of that and still back to the original problem.  connecting to iTunes, the firmware and serial number is visual.  it's 4.0.2.  i'll need help in unlocking it w/ T-Mobile SIM, please help.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 05:07:25 AM by BigDnm01 »

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: PSY - Gangnam Style