JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Any Love (Sinkiroh encore mix)

Author Topic: Tech-related problems  (Read 488915 times)

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Tech-related problems
« Reply #1500 on: April 10, 2008, 07:18:14 PM »
I had that happen years ago with the one and only codec pack I've ever installed.. Codec packs are just nasty, and install heaps of shit you'll most likely NEVER need.. I for one won't be making that mistake again, no matter how great people claim them to be..

Sure, they are the lazy users way to try and get shit to play, but do you really need all that crap?!
Just piss 'em all off your system, and when something doesn't play, use a tool such as MediaInfo to determine what codec is needed, then grab THAT codec.. And if something screws up, at least you will know what caused it..

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1501 on: April 11, 2008, 04:54:01 AM »
most codec packs suck because they install a bunch of seperate codecs with most you'll never use.

Install cccp, it's a codec pack that only uses ffdshow, haali splitter, and a couple other codecs. But everything is combined so you don't have to worry about seperate codecs. And it plays just about everything besides real media and quicktime files.

I'm serious, uninstall every codec you installed(except CoreAVC or most commercial mpeg2 decoders) and vlc and just install cccp, It will most likely solve any codec problems you've been having. Just remember to uncheck all of mpc's internal filters.

the only other option is to use mplayer which has no gui and crappy options if you choose to use one. so it's only really good if you're comfortable with the command line or not using windows.

Offline makistar

• Maki is LIFE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Maki is Life!
« Reply #1502 on: April 11, 2008, 05:24:38 AM »
HELP!!
How do you get rid of DRM from a video WMV file?

I did some research and many of the suggestions seem to be very complicated (like zillion of steps) then I found blah..., easy to use BUT I'm only able to crack the video file to an audio WAV file.
The only problem I could see is there is a "Video Test" on the video setting and it kept saying "player is not installed", I have plenty of video players installed on my PC.  Not sure why it is not detecting them.
Anyone can figure it out why?  If not, is there another (easy) way to remove the DRM?

Thanks!!
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:49:04 PM by makistar »

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1503 on: April 11, 2008, 05:47:09 AM »
^ I use a simple program called "FairUse4Wm", but you NEED to have a licence for the file before you are able to remove the DRM..

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1504 on: April 11, 2008, 07:27:19 AM »
most codec packs suck
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
Install cccp, it's a codec pack

Yup, codec packs suck, install a codec pack :)

I currently use VistaCodecPack (because I run Vista), works for me.

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #1505 on: April 11, 2008, 10:31:58 AM »
Thanks for the tips. When I use the Divx player instead of WMP it's not upside down anymore.. so I'll just leave it as is  :)

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #1506 on: April 11, 2008, 10:33:03 AM »
most codec packs suck
Quote from: StreakInTheSky
Install cccp, it's a codec pack

Yup, codec packs suck, install a codec pack :)

taking certain phrases out of context does a lot... it was directed as a response to guchi's post that he didn't like codec packs. I gave my reasonings... and didn't say all of them suck.

maybe I shoulda changed it to a "couple more filters" but oh well.

Offline makistar

• Maki is LIFE!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Maki is Life!
« Reply #1507 on: April 11, 2008, 12:59:59 PM »
^ I use a simple program called "FairUse4Wm", but you NEED to have a licence for the file before you are able to remove the DRM..

I have the license for the file, tried blah last night, it worked ok except the video is sort of lagged a bit (the playback is not that smooth) and output choices are mp4, divx only, my original file is wmv. 
will try FairUse4Wm tonight, thanks for the tip.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 06:47:47 PM by makistar »

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #1508 on: April 12, 2008, 12:01:30 PM »
Just sharing a little incident of mine today.

I ordered a glass cabinet today, and one of my PCs was blocking the way. So I moved it to the back of the room.
After it was all fixed up, I proceeded to connect all the cables and stuff. But when I turned it on, the PC gave continuous loud flicking/screeching sounds. Since it was just bought a few weeks ago, I was really suprised, thinking if it was the HD or the CPU having problems.
I opened up the box and couldn't find anything special, closed it. still screeching.
So I opened it again, did the finger stop CPU fan to check thing, and it wasn't the CPU fan... ;)
Then I remembered I bought an extra HD a week ago. And found it was the new HD's cable clicking the video card's fan.... stupid me. :P

It's getting much easier than before to click in hardware. But still not easy enough  for me! mwahaha~  :lol:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1509 on: April 15, 2008, 09:48:16 PM »
OK, somehow someone hacked into my Messenger and sent out spam. They also moved my contacts to my block list and deleted them.

Any way to get my contacts back?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1510 on: April 28, 2008, 12:33:11 AM »
I guess I'll pose this question here. For whatever reason YouTube videos for me are not loading at all. The page loads fine, but the actual video doesn't even start. Other video sites like Veoh work fine for me though. Anyone know what the problem might be?

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1511 on: April 28, 2008, 07:42:52 AM »
^ You might need to update your flashplayer (from Adobe), there is a new version with security patches.

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1512 on: April 28, 2008, 08:36:29 AM »
Thanks for the tip!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1513 on: April 28, 2008, 08:07:01 PM »
^ You might need to update your flashplayer (from Adobe), there is a new version with security patches.

The perfect solution! Thanks so much! :D

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1514 on: May 02, 2008, 07:29:25 PM »
Oh dear I maybe spoke too soon. Not long after getting some working YouTube videos, it's gone up the swaney again. YouTube videos won't load and anytime I try to watch embedded Tube videos I just get 'Sorry, this video is no longer available', which mustn't be true for every video I've tried. Downloaded the latest patch for Flash Player too. Don't believe it's a problem with my connection as like I mentioned earlier, other video sites work ok.

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1515 on: May 03, 2008, 07:49:53 AM »
YouTube videos won't load and anytime I try to watch embedded Tube videos I just get 'Sorry, this video is no longer available', which mustn't be true for every video I've tried.
You have checked your system for virusses?
It might also be youtube is blocked by something for you(r location)...

Offline ziggurat

• sweetsplash heartbeat
  • Member+
« Reply #1516 on: May 03, 2008, 09:17:20 AM »
Tuffty, maybe you're trying to watch videos from an account that has been banned/removed by youtube? Just an opinion.

Jab <3 marimari <3 ChrNo~ your spirit shall live forever.. T_T || zgy@last.fm

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1517 on: May 03, 2008, 05:28:44 PM »
Tuffty, maybe you're trying to watch videos from an account that has been banned/removed by youtube? Just an opinion.

Aw hey, just what are you trying to imply?! :P jk

Doesn't seem to be any of the above suggestions. Only use Windows Firewall and AVG and I've had this combonation during the time YouTube videos were working. AVG detects no viruses and my account seems fine, I can post comments and such. Even to be sure, I logged out and tried, but still get the same result.

Puzzling.

Offline shadowstar

• Tuffty's #1 fangirl
  • Global Moderator
  • Member++
  • Idols Inc.
    • positivegenki
« Reply #1518 on: May 05, 2008, 01:15:04 PM »
What would happen if I deleted everything from my Temporary Internet Folder? Would I like, lose anything important that would end up crashing my computer?

Also, where does FF store pages and images I've been to and seen, and is there an option to stop it from doing that?

Offline Guchi_Jnr

• Livin' Your Dream
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1519 on: May 05, 2008, 01:37:46 PM »
^ You can, but that will also delete all your cookies/passwords..
Best just to do that through the "options" menu..

You can also specify in the setting, how many days of "history" you want to be kept at all times..

Same with Firefox..

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Misia - Any Love (Sinkiroh encore mix)