JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)

Author Topic: [2010.07.01] AKB48 Official Guest of Honor of Anime Expo 2010 (GIRLS ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 61502 times)

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • I've found who I want to be :)
Just got a tweet today from AnimeExpo:

"animeexpo Want to meet AKB48? Their "Meet the Guest" reception will be held on June 30th at 6:00pm. Tickets are limited! Buy for $100, only on-site!!"

Who's going?!

I AM!!!!  :grin:

or gonna try at least.  :sweatdrop:

~It'll cost you nothing to dream~and everything not to~
Love you some MM animated goodness?! Gifs by Swtme03

Offline wondergirl9

i would like to go too but does this mean that they will not be holding any regular autograph sessions for AKB48?

Offline boykun

• トマトケチャップ 100% OK
  • Member+
$100? That's steep :lol:

Offline Rickker708

• Member+
^wha.... thats like a dollar per girl.
Well, its a price to be payed to get close to the girls. Hell if I could have gotten the time off I'd be all in.
Life is one time.

Offline Aa!rita

• みんなよろしくにゃん♪\(^o^)/
im also going
but $100 ... wasn't it like $15 last year?

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
They never had a "Meet the Guest" with MM last year..... or did they?? :shocked AND I MISSED IT!!!???  :bleed eyes:

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
They never had a "Meet the Guest" with MM last year..... or did they?? :shocked AND I MISSED IT!!!???  :bleed eyes:

They were at the con-wide Meet the Guests breakfast. A few people from here attended it and only found out about it because they had friends on staff. It was not really advertised.

How do we get tickets?

As I'm sure you can tell by cross-posting all over the internet, there's really no solid answers for anyone on anything. Staff is being very quiet right now on all issues. There's a ton of people begging for answers and information about sudden and barely announced changes about shuttles, hotel cut-offs, and so on. Also, if I recall right you aren't coming to day 0. That's when this AKB event is going to be. The con's start and concert is July 1, the day after. To give you my best guess, I'd bet these tickets will be sold at the ticketing counter where you'd pick up your concert ticket. On Day 0, only registration and that are open.

I have a feeling that everyone who wants to go to this event will be able to if you're willing to put in a little camping work. If twitter and the other AKB forums are any indication, interest is not very high even among these places due to the cost and the interest in AKB48 with the typical con people also feels very low compared to all of that j-rock and Nakajima Megumi/May'N stuff going on. Personally, I'm in. I'm also glad this event is taking place before AX itself starts. The way there are no answers for a lot of major issues with only 19 days to go... this con's going to be something else. Still, I guess I shouldn't speak in such definite words. As with all things, I'll do my best to get in, but if I don't, I ain't gonna whine about it. I'm putting in all the effort I can, and I still get to see the concert no matter what. S'all good to me. :thumbup

All I can hope or pray for is that the Day 0 line is inside or at least in some shade. If it isn't, I'm coming over-prepared for another skin cancer-inducing adventure anyway. Thankfully the weather out there is beautiful by my standards. Eighty degrees is a cake walk compared to my Texas 105's. :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:35:30 PM by Datalanche »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
i want to go see it, but damn work not saying ANYTHING at all for vacation..

@Datalanche: i doubt they would have the line inside even at 6PM PST, when it is still hot. but you're right, expect some camping for this

Offline devimon2k9

• Member+
which hotel are we staying and how much per night?

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Do they have special concert colors like H!P does?
I was gonna buy some glowsticks today and realized I had no idea which colors to get  :nervous

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
^ As far as I know, the individual members don't have colours corresponding to them; the teams however generally go by the scheme of Pink = A, Light Green = K, Baby Blue = B.

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
^
I see, okay that at least gives me an idea of what to get. THANKS!  :twothumbs

Offline littleteeeee

@SakuratheShadow: Try calling Experient 301-694-5243 or 866-229-3691 or email spj-anime@experient-inc.com with your question. A couple months ago when they combined the 2009 and 2010 reg, many people could not log in and emailing Experient helped. Also, in case you still can not print your confirmation, it is really not needed at the time of your badge pickup. It just makes it easier and faster to just scan your barcode from the confirmation. You can just tell them your name and they will find you in their system.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Aww, bummer, a_P just messaged me on facebook that he can't make it, but y'all can msg him there (he can't access the forum) if u need help with hotels and shit.

Who else is going? Is this first post correct? Where are y'all meeting up? Surely there has to be more people going. C'mon SoCal AKB48 fans gotta rep! :jphip;

What are y'all planning for gifts or shit to be signed? What are y'all doing afterwards?

The Hello! Party is happening with them all, I wonder if they are doing an AKB48 theme this year XD

Offline Linna2040

• a.k.a. Kristen
  • Member+
I'll be there!  (Running around from panel to concert to panel but there.)

Though not sure I want to shell out $100 for an AKB tkt for obvious reasons.  But knowing me, I may change my mind -- if the tkts are still available when/if I do.

Kr
This Lesbian's Arts and Entertainment Forum.  Reviews and news of a LGBT-nature: http://www.pkristenenos.com/tlef/

Offline Swtme03

• *Ninja*
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Okay, so about gifts for them.
Is anyone else gonna give gifts?
I've never attempted to give gifts to any famous before so I'm totally lost  :bleed eyes:
I was thinking of somethings to give them and all I could think of was bracelets...
Is that too lame??
I mean, I wanted to be able to give one to each of them cuz I didn't want any of them to feel less liked than the other.
Is that too stupid??  :wth
They come in 8 different colors and I was thinking getting 2 of each...
Or should I just get one color for all of them???
I DUNNO!!!!!  :shocked
Here's what they look like:

What do you guys think?
Should I get them?
If so, should I get 2 of each color, or just one color for all??
and you can be totally hoest and tell me they're ugly too  :)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
^ Not stupid at all, no one gets left out :)

The bracelets are really pretty! Whatever their fave colors are???

I was gonna get one of my buddies (prolly Droolboy) to get Yuko Oshima to sign this:

:halo:

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
ALMOST A WEEK AWAY GUYS!! Where's everyone at and where their staying?

hate to go out there alone XD

Offline Tanuki

• Member+
I am SOOOOOOO going to be there! I'll be wearing my "C-ute Edo no temari uta II" Black Shirt! If you see me just yell "TANUKI!!!" and we can hang out! Sorry Dai, I could not get a JPH!P shirt made on time.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 04:00:05 AM by Tanuki »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ hey Tanuki, I'll try and wear my JPH!P shirt..if you see me, yell "CKD!" real loud..we'll definitely hang out..you got a hotel?

JPHiP Radio (11/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Kimura Kaela - Level 42 (Album Version)