JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Ano Hi ni Modoritai (Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa)

Author Topic: Trackmania  (Read 3021 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Trackmania
« on: May 12, 2010, 06:53:44 PM »

TrackMania is a series of arcade racing games for Windows, Nintendo DS and Wii. It was developed by the French team Nadeo for the PC. Instead of following the usual trend of choosing a set car and track for playing in the game, the TrackMania games allow the player to create their own tracks using a "Block" process in the spirit of the 1985 game Racing Destruction Set and the 1990 Brøderbund release, Stunts.

In contrast with most other racing games, the TrackMania series lets the player race a track as many times as they want, until time runs out. They can choose to respawn at any time possible, due to landing upside down, going off the track or because the start did not go optimally. Although in multiplayer games multiple cars race on the same track, they cannot actually collide or otherwise influence each other.

Basically the coolest custom track ever made. It's hard, but not stupid or cheap about it. Wallriding is also the most awesome shit ever

Steam Information / Download
TM Exchange

--

It's a free game, that's really fun to play. There are a couple dozen tracks included with the game, and thousands more tracks that you can play on the hundreds of servers. There are thousands of people playing at any given time. A couple of us H!Psters have been playing together lately, so join in on the hot hot racing action! :shocked:

Server: JPH!P (in Sweden)/ Pass: rika
(if you don't see it, then I'm not running the game atm. drop by irc, or hit up some random servers!)

Add bovell if you decide to download it.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: Trackmania
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH

I'm so addicted T_T

HELP ME
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline orac

• SNSD Jessica for life
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2010, 10:32:29 PM »
Hehe, it is difficult at times, especially the wall driving parts, here funny video of my car spinning on it:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2010, 12:44:13 AM »
I HATE THIS GAME SO MUCH

I'm so addicted T_T

HELP ME
<3333333333333!

Also guys, you can make tracks yourself with the easy to use editor that comes with the game. Show off your talent! :pimp:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2010, 12:57:37 AM »
fun game although not enough reaction time :nervous
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 12:20:19 PM »
derp, see below

:thumbup
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 07:54:02 PM by Amplifier »

Offline xerony

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2010, 12:26:16 PM »
Time for me to join in the fun?

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2010, 07:53:04 PM »

Another Wallride City run, faster this time though, and only in 3rd person camera so you can better see what happened.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2011, 12:23:57 AM »
bumpin after a year :deco:

Sale on Steam for the premium edition of Trackmania. 10 bucks, ends tomorrow.
Trackmania United Forever Star Edition: http://store.steampowered.com/app/7200/

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2011, 09:32:09 AM »
WORST GAME EVER  :tama-mad:

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2011, 02:10:21 AM »
^ Poor pika... :lol:

I downloaded the free version two years ago when I first got Steam, played the hell out of it for a while then kind of just stopped. The recent $10 sale got me playing again thanks to all the new environments, car types, and ability to install custom models available in the paid version. Running through cityscapes, deserts, and coastal towns with a Nissan GT-R is a lot more interesting than seeing the same F1 racer in the same stadium over and over again. :P

This website has all types of different cars (both real and fictional) and skins you can use for the game, as well as instructions for how to import them:
http://www.trackmania-carpark.com
I just wish they had my car available. :(

I also just wanna say for the record that I HATE "smooth jumps" and wallrides that don't switch the camera to cockpit view. :lol: As interesting as many track designs can be, some are just way too damn demanding to be enjoyable.
ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

JPHiP Radio (22/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Morning Musume - Ano Hi ni Modoritai (Takahashi Ai, Niigaki Risa)