JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Come Back Home

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings Online  (Read 50323 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2011, 07:36:11 PM »
Worked up the 200 TP to grab the Angmar pack in just under 24 hours. Did it all on high level mob-killing deeds too, to wrap them up finally.

Ishibashi on cruise control to 40. Not even right how fast a Guardian can breeze through content. Bought myself a pretty little house in the Dwarf zone, had to burn my money on something because I kept closing in on the gold cap for free players :cokecat:

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #81 on: January 24, 2011, 03:59:07 AM »
Just dinged 22. Skirmishes are cake, and questing is pretty easy. Just gotta get my agility up, so my poor guardian stops missing so much. :sweatdrop:

Ran into L-san down at the Forsaken Inn, wasn't expected that :cokecat:

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #82 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:43 PM »
Hay I've been playing again XD Bought Misty Mountains and Angmar.

Some Angmar tourist pictures!! What a lovely place to visit

(When I approached that statue from afar, I thought it was a monster at first and nearly peed my pants)

Beautiful, uplifting architecture

Sunshine at noon

My favourite place so far, it's just so strange (tho I turned back because it was above my level)

(Yes I'm being attacked :lol: )

Beautiful tree

Remember to visit the local villages for souvenirs

(When I first got here I thought I had stumbled upon an enemy base. But no, it's an ally village. It's funny how even a little dark place like this can feel so warm and safe after long ventures into dangerous lands lol)

Guess who I saw on my way to Misty Mountains! Why, it's Lady Arwen! (click bigger)
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 06:55:03 PM »

loev my guardian :heart: :yep:

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #85 on: February 04, 2011, 03:05:18 AM »
My 2 LOTRO  characters, all in new outfits, and dyed.

Hunter Logia

Hunter Macross
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #86 on: February 06, 2011, 03:33:53 PM »
More pictures :D

My new horsey, Ganguro, and Sulwing in her new outfit

Poppy's new cute outfit LOL
Notice I removed her shoes so she is now properly hobbitfied

Uneasy business, from Angmar: seeing those creepy statues placed in a row was enough to convince me it was no place for me, at least yet.

It actually kind of reminded me of the poles they had on the Lost island; ones that killed if you walked between them lol

SPOILERIFIC!! Would u poop your pants if you saw this happen before your eyes? I would

Misty Mountains impresses me with how they've managed to make it look like a very very cold place...

Because the moment you see a sky like that in winter, you know it's going to be a fucking cold day.

Random lovely place

Compliments from Legolas are the best

My favourite recent picture, Poppyleaf meets a toad:

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #87 on: February 06, 2011, 03:38:22 PM »
Wish I had a horse called ganguro ;__;

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #88 on: February 07, 2011, 10:11:56 PM »
Here's a list of materials needed for dyes! I'll colour code them based on how one can get them (aside from auction house).

Can be found by anyone in nature (so please pick 'em up if you see them)
From farming
From deposits (copper etc)
Monster drops

Yellow: Yarrow Root, Saffron Thread
White: Chunk of Lime
Rose: Juicy Strawberry, Amaranth Petal
Ranger green: Lily-of-the-Valley Leaf, Piece of Umber
Purple: Juicy Elderberry, Indigo Plant
Crimson: Juicy Strawberry, Piece of Sienna
Ered Luin Blue: Woad Plant, Indigo Plant
Sea Blue: Woad Plant, Bluebottle Petal
Rust & Black: Pile of Ancient Iron Oxides (for black: Ornate Candles to help crit)
Rivendell Green: Onion Skin, Pile of Copper Salts
Red: Juicy Strawberry
Orange: Bloodwort Root
Indigo: Indigo Plant
Forest Green: Onion Skin, Lily-of-the-Valley Leaf
Evendim Blue: Bluebottle Petal, Indigo Plant
Dark Green: Onion Skin
Burgundy: Amaranth Petal
Navy: Woad Plant
Turquoise: Bluebottle Petal
Violet: Juicy Blackberry
Umber: Piece of Umber
Olive: Pile of Copper Salts
Grey: Iris Root
Sienna: Piece of Sienna
Gold: Yarrow Root

The ones I've never even seen are Saffron Thread, Juicy Elderberry and Lily-of-the-Valley Leaf :lol:

And the 'Shore Glimpse' painting that Stryfe has requested requires 1 Woad Plant and 1 Juicy Blackberry :3

Correct if u see something wrong
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 01:44:34 PM by shirenu »

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #89 on: February 14, 2011, 01:14:21 PM »
New picture post!!

YOU BETTER RUN RUN

RUN RUN RUN

We got a shout out!!!

May I just say that I love how unrealistic this game is sometimes :heart:

Most annoying monsters in Forochel:

THOSE FUCKING BALLS OF FROST ARE SO ANNOYING. THEY CAN THROW YOU FAR, THEN THEY LIKE SEND A BALL OF FROST AFTER YOU THAT YOU MISTAKE FOR THE MAIN BALL AND ATTACK KIND OF IN VAIN, AND THEY CAN ALSO FREEZE YOU TO STAND STILL FOR A WHILE. ALSO THEY MAKE A LOT OF DAMAGE. I HATE THEM.
Then the peikkos, those fucking furballs make those clouds of frost so you can't see shit, and I hate even more the peikkos that throw rocks/ice at you and run around like headless chickens. wtf

Sulwing playing dead!

I went to Eregion hoping to see a new beautiful place. Unfortunately it was raining hard and super foggy, so I couldn't properly even see

The sunset view from Weathertop

FOROCHEL TOURISTRY

In our series of "monsters you don't want surprising you from behind"

It seems that Sulwing pissed off a zoo :lol:

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #90 on: February 16, 2011, 10:27:51 PM »
Been experimenting with some 3d drivers.
If you have 3d glasses:

If you don't, just cross your eyes real hard:
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #91 on: February 17, 2011, 08:53:59 PM »

Been roaming Moria for a while with my captain now so I thought I'd post some pics. Most recent look above...

Moria has plenty of interesting places and architecture, and I'm really satisfied with the mood they've created for the different zones.

That said, Moria is a grim, dark place, and is huge, so I'm kinda aching for the shiny happy forests of Lothlorien already.  :P

This is a little square (left) in the 21st Hall, which is the nerve center of the civilized world in Moria. This little nook there has an auction hall, a vault and a crafting hall (right) with superior everything, all very close to each other. Everything a crafter could ask for, if we forget the guilds.

--

And few more pics, for shirenu esp.

This is a Fiery Grim, the fiery equivalent to those frost ball a-holes. It's like most of the Turbine special effects budget went into making attacks for these guys.

A screencap of the very stylish pants I found. Yes, those are goblin-face knee-pads... xD

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #92 on: February 18, 2011, 03:53:03 AM »

"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #93 on: February 20, 2011, 04:09:16 PM »
It NEVER GETS OLD when someone manages to attract the entire camp after them :lol: (click bigger)

The only thing to do then is to RUN LIKE HECK.

*speaking with experience*

:rofl:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #94 on: February 20, 2011, 08:33:48 PM »

Barney looks like he lost some weight...  :panic:

It's an Oath-breaker Herald, a bit better than the usual herald types, but it requires you have the legendary trait Master of War. Just got that.  :cow:

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #95 on: February 22, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »

Ahhh out of the darkness and into the light, and to the golden wood of Lothlorien!

The Lothlorien-side entrance into Moria. Mellon this, motherfuckers!

Outside view of Caras Galadhon, where Galadriel resides. I'm still working on achieving a high enough standing so they'll let me in there.

Speaking of standing, I tried to cross Nimrodel and enter the Golden Wood with a neutral standing and I got like a zillion arrows shot at me. Wasn't pleasant. :lol:

--

Oh and in case y'all didn't notice, it's Turbine Tuesday, and Character Slots are half price today, just 298tp.

I mean, one can never have enough characters, right, right?

Nine is a nice round number...  XD

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2011, 04:42:47 PM »

Galadriel and Celeborn, lotro-style.

--

Enedwaith, the endgame region for level 65 players, is -75% today, costing just 174tp. If you guys wanna think long-term. :P

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #97 on: March 07, 2011, 03:14:22 PM »
Awright xD

I started a blog for my semi-RP character, Naurwyn: http://constructivekoala.tumblr.com/

Hahahah it's silly, but so much fun to write...

Naurwyn basically takes breaks to rest and looks around places more, you know, like people would if they actually were in there... But she's still not full-on RP, because sometimes I forget and.. yeah.

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2011, 08:52:00 PM »

Woot. Got kindred with the elves of Lothlorien, Mirkwood and Rivendell, so they all got together and gave me this cool horse!

Elf Ambassador Steed, with 168% speed, 250 morale.

--

Coming on monday, a big update! The main points:

Radiance Removal
We’ve heard your feedback! The radiance system has been removed from the game. Find out the original goals and reasons for removal in the Developer Diary.

Four New Instances and a 12 Player Raid
Five different pieces of instanced content await you! This new cluster of instances includes:
Two three-person instances
Two six-person instances
One 12-person raid

All but one instance features three boss encounters and the raid features six. You can read all about them in our Instance and Raid developer diaries.

Monsterplay (PVMP) Changes
The starter area for the Ettenmoors for Monster Players got a much needed face-lift. It is not perfect but at least a step in the right direction. Players choosing to play a monster character have had their starting skills and abilities adjusted in order to improve their initial experience and survivability. Read the Developer Diary for full details.

Class Updates
The Minstrel, Burglar, and Hunter classes have received a number of changes. You can read the full details of each in their appropriate developer diaries.

Character Panel and Cosmetic System enhancements
The character panel has been revamped! Learn about the new panel, new cosmetic costume slots and other changes in the Developer Diary.

Crafting Vocation Tutorials
Starting out, crafters can find themselves full of bewilderment, wondering how they should begin their journey towards mastering each craft profession. Well, be confused no more! We’ve introduced brand new crafting vocation tutorial quests to guide you along your first steps of the path! Read the Dev Diary to learn about these new quest as well as changes to the Metalsmith and Tailor Professions.

Legendary Item Update
The legendary item system has received some significant changes. On entering the game after Update 2, all of your existing relics will be automatically unslotted from your Legendary Items. These relics will be unchanged in any way. The Legendary Item Developer Diary has the full details on the changes.

Volume III: Book 3, Echoes of the Dead
The Epic story continues! What are the Mysterious relics? All will be revealed in the continuation of the Epic Story line. Read the developer diary for behinds the scenes info!

Volume II Epic Story Revamp
Players have been asking for an overhaul of the Volume II epic story to make it more solo friendly. Update 2: Echoes of the Dead brings with it the “Solofication” pass players have been waiting for!

Moria Battle Instances Converted to Skirmishes
The old Moria Battle Instances have been converted to Skirmishes. Completing the old Moria Battle Instances and turning in all of the associated quests prior to release of Update 2 will result in the Skirmishes being automatically available to that character. If Volume II, Book 5, Chapter 5 is not turned in, but the Battle Instances (and their wrapper quests) are completed and turned in, you will have to take V2B5C5 again, but the objectives will be automatically satisfied and you can complete the quest. If a given wrapper is not turned in before the Skirmish-conversion, you will have to run that quest as a Skirmish before advancing. Read the Developer Diary for more information.

Evendim Revamp
We’ve added 100 quests to Evendim and smoothed out the quest paths through the region. Learn all about these major changes in the official Developer Diary.

A detailed list of changes can be found via the link.

Some cool stuff, like now you can solo all of the epic quests, no more getting stuck in some singular fellowship thingy in Moria, skipping chapters and getting a confusing story. New character panel, more storage slots, stuff like that. And Evendim is starting to be pretty awesome bang for the turbine buck if they really added 100 quests there...

Offline Stryfe

• Tech Mod
  • Member+
« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2011, 08:41:37 PM »

One of my new chars is a Lore-master called Caenith, which means Sister of the Earth in Sindarin. :P

Here in her new, earthy outfit, and a dress that enhances her assets nicely.

Say hello to her not so little friend, the polar bear Grochon. Oh so wintry...

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: 2NE1 - Come Back Home