JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Stupid Cupid

Author Topic: [Poll] The Favorite Final Fantasy Game Poll  (Read 4765 times)

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
[Poll] The Favorite Final Fantasy Game Poll
« on: August 28, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »

Ladies, Gentlemen, it is time to select your favorite games from the prestigious Final Fantasy series. You may select up to three options. Included for selection is the entire main series, the Tactics series, and a number of spin-offs. Covers have been provided to refresh your memory. I also suggest that you take a trip to the Final Fantasy thread here at JPH!P. Please detail your selections after voting, with the how & why. If you pick X-2, WE MUST KNOW WHY. Happy voting!

Main Series
Final Fantasy I
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy IX
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XI
Final Fantasy XII
Final Fantasy XIII
Final Fantasy XIV

Tactics:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy Tactics Advance
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift

Spin-Off
Final Fantasy X-2
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Dirge of Cerberus
Crisis Core

anyone that doesn't vote for ff9 will be banned

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
Re: [Poll] The Favorite Final Fantasy Game Poll
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
XII is the only one I really love.

The political story, the music, the characters and most importantly; the gameplay.

Offline hibachifinal

• リトル・プリンセス
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super Fab Imouto II Turbo
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2010, 10:42:14 PM »
voted for FF9 because its the best of the 'classic' era, voted for FFXII, because its a decent (if a bit BIG) game in general, regardless of the FF name, and voted for DISSIDIA because FIGHTAN GAEM

シャイニーくももかがやくよKY PP FCpixiv@hibachifinal

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2010, 10:50:21 PM »
VI, VIII, IX here. I don't dig many JRPGs, especially as of late, but I still enjoy these. Quality story, gameplay, characters.

VIVI MOTHERFUCKERS

Offline RatBastich

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2010, 10:50:23 PM »
Alrighty, put my votes in for 6, 8, and 9.
I do like 7, but I could only pick three.
"Yo, microphone check one, two, what is this? The five foot assassin with the roughneck business"
"Are you my mummy?"
"Hello, Sweetie."
"Who's scruffy looking?"

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2010, 11:42:12 PM »
I chose 4, 7 and X-2 for those are the games I played the longest, and so enjoyed the most!!!
FFXII would of made it in if I had 4 choices, but I had to drop it since I really only played it through once, despite OMFG loving it, my PS2 had to go and get disc read errors all the time so I couldn't continue :<

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »
I choose FF VII, VIII and X... Because the plot of these three games of the series are awesome and very interesting!!
I would like choose Dissidia: FInal Fantasy and Crisis Core: Final Fantasy, because they're awesome too... but... well! XD
At least you all knows it!
I have five favorite FF Games: FF VII, VIII, X DIssidia and Crisis Core! :D

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2010, 12:28:23 AM »
I feel like I possibly shouldn't vote in this yet because I haven't finished playing/haven't tried all the ones I'd like to, BUT since there are only 3 votes it's not that difficult to choose the ones that have been the most ~legendary~ to me...

FFVIII was the first Final Fantasy I played and completed, and I know that a lot of FF fans think it's like the lamest one and whatever, but I just love it. I love the Seeds being trained in Gardens thing, I don't have problems with the game play etc. Other games have had perhaps more interesting characters, but whatevs. I think FFVIII had characters I could relate to as a teen, all of them were normal people and all LOL.

FFVI is possibly my favourite game ever. I think it's amazing how a game with such simple graphics can make me feel so many different emotions lol. That game has made me rofl and cry. I love the story, LOVE LOVE LOVE the characters and the humour, LOVE the music, everything is just fucking perfect. And Kefka is one of the most legendary villains ever, and my favourite villain in the FF series.

FFIX I voted because I like how it's different from the other games when it comes to character design and maybe even mood. It was kind of cute and innocent while dealing with serious issues, while in the more recent games it seems it's been just really SRS BZNZZ.

Wow two other people voted exactly the same ones :w00t:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2010, 01:17:45 AM »
The series has a very strong pedigree, all of them fresh and attempting something new either in the story or in gameplay. I've played most so it was hard for me to narrow it down to 3. Personally I've chosen:

Final Fantasy VII: So special to me as it was one of the first games I'd ever played proper. And it didn't disappoint with so many iconic moments that still live on in the memory. Also, don't mess with Sephiroth.

Final Fantasy VIII: A fair few say it's the worst in the series but I disagree wholeheartedly. There's a hidden depth in that story outside of the romance between Squall and Rinoa that people don't see. I loved the setting, the more realistic approach to the characters, and like Shi, I tended to relate to the cast a lot, particularly Squall. Started off closely guarded and inconsiderate of others but he opens up as the story progresses. I liked the combat too, having to draw all the time was a bit of a grind, even now when playing on the PSP, but I still like it. It's the only FF in which I'd beaten Omega Weapon XD Triple Traid still is the best FF mini game. And lest I forget, it also had the best opening. Liberli Fatali :heart:

Final Fantasy XII: For me, it's the most impressive FF title. The sheer scale of Rabanastre, and the world of Ivalice as a whole is just incredible. The cast, aside from Vaan and Penelo, were engaging and the political machinations of Ivalice and the faux-Shakespearean dialogue was a fantastic effort of localisation. Without sounding like hyperbole, some of the lines the Judges say was almost like poetry. And you have a great combat system that people say let's the game play itself, but is hugely strategic and removes a lot of the unnecessary grind for you, and some great hunting missions spanned over the world that put the combat engine to the test, with great rewards too and just kept me coming back for more. Unfortunately it might have been too open-ended, so much so that the narrative never really has a grip on you, and if you're anything like me, you forgot about events the more time you spent messing around. If it had something like FFXIII's datalog, then it would have been hugely appreciated. Still, it's epic in every sense.

Haven't completed XIII yet, but I think I've played enough to consider it my 4th favourite. I'll wait and see how the story wraps up before I can tell for sure.

Offline tenkei

• Shamisen Hero
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • CL-roo omnomnom
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2010, 01:37:22 AM »
7, 9, 12.

facebook | signatures by boykun. ava by rei-chan. | basugasubakuhatsu

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2010, 01:59:52 AM »
1. Final Fantasy Tactics - I played through at first with a friend who had it and totally got sucked in. Amazing story, great job system. My favorite JRPG and one of my favorite RPGs period. I definitely needed the strategy guide at the time though because it was complicated as hell. :lol:

2. Final Fantasy 12 - I really got into this one I loved the battle system the gambits, the art style was really appealing to me. I even tried to find tips to get all the best weapons and ways to level up so I could do all the big hunts and extra stuff.

I have to confess though, I've really only gotten into a few Final Fantasy games and only beaten couple. FF8 I got stuck on a boss and 10 I got part way through but just kinda lost interest. I've never even played 7, 9, 11 or the older 16 bit ones. Maybe someday I can go back and play a few. I would like to go back and play 8 sometime soon because I was enjoying it up till I got stuck.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2010, 05:17:19 AM »
This was quite easy for me XD

1. Final Fantasy 8 - Easily my favourite final fantasy game. The junction system works so well to me and the idea that not all magic is learnt automatically makes it so much fun collecting (to me). Add in the fact it's the first FF game I ever played and completed 100% adds bonus points. Plus the romance between Squall and Rinoa is beautiful to me.

2. Final Fantasy 10 - The plotline is one of the strongest I've seen and I adore the character building between Yuna and Tidus. The sphere grid was a nice addition too but the bulk of my 2 100 hours plus save points come from Blitzball. Easily the most fun and time consuming minigame EVER!

3. Final Fantasy 9 - The story was a strong point but it was mainly the characters of Vivi, Zidane and Garnet (with slithers of Eiko) that made this my third fave. The battle system is fun too and I liked the trance system.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 08:28:53 AM »
How they contributed to the FF series:

Final Fantasy IV - Journey of redemption makes you much more attached to Cecil, suprising plot twists, character sacrifice. Everybody dies! :panic: j/k

Final Fantasy VII - 3D graphics, main characters with very distinct looks, begun the war for who has the coolest looking sword, fun materia upgrade system, Sephiroth :thumbsup

Final Fantasy X - Characters talking! A very touching story! (I cried) Romantic underwater dance with Jpop!  Every Yuna cutscene! Memorable cutscenes! A beautiful game world! Reminder for FF producers that FF games don't really need sequels..

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 12:58:45 PM »

FF7 because it was the first of the series I played... hm now that I think of it, it probably also was the first RPG I ever played... oh no wait a part of Fantasy Star on the Genesis came before that, so it was the second RPG I ever played  :lol:

FF8 and FF9 because after that I didn't like any of the series that much.

And I have to admit I still haven't played any of the pre-7 games, but I still plan to.

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Red Velvet - Stupid Cupid