JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Who the Bitch - Cherry

Author Topic: GOLDEN SUN  (Read 29411 times)

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
  • Terashima Takuma Fan No.1
GOLDEN SUN
« on: September 11, 2010, 10:11:34 PM »

Talk about one of the best RPGs for the Gameboy Advance of the Video Game World!!
It could be about the awesome (epic) OST or the Gameplay or the story or the characters... Tell us your favorite GOlden Sun character and why he or she!

AND of course... let us talk about the upcoming DS Game Golden Sun: Dark Dawn that will be released in a few months!!

So let the Golden Sun rise here in the Video Games Forum of JPH!P!!! :peace:

Dark Dawn Release:
Japan: October, 28th 2010
USA: November, 29th 2010
EU: TBA
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 10:18:37 PM by Ayako-Luna »

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
Re: GOLDEN SUN
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 10:32:05 PM »
Knew this topic would be created eventually, and I knew it was gonna be by Ayako! XD

I'm afraid I can't really talk about Golden Sun. By the time the first one came out, I admit I was rather elitist and foolishly thought it was a poor man's Final Fantasy after an hour of playtime. It's a decision I regret now because they sound awesome. Curse my immaturity! I'll be looking on in interest at Dark Dawn, looks pretty good.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 10:58:38 PM »
Knew this topic would be created eventually, and I knew it was gonna be by Ayako! XD

I'm afraid I can't really talk about Golden Sun. By the time the first one came out, I admit I was rather elitist and foolishly thought it was a poor man's Final Fantasy after an hour of playtime. It's a decision I regret now because they sound awesome. Curse my immaturity! I'll be looking on in interest at Dark Dawn, looks pretty good.

Yay! XD Wanted to open the thread days ago but got not the right time for it! xD

I suggest you to play the first two games before you start with Dark Dawn. Because the Story of Dark Dawn plays 30 years after the second game! The Heroes of this game are the children of the protagonists from the GBA games! 8]

Love you, my wonky-eyed Terashima Takuma! <3~ Supporting Terashima Takuma and G.Addict! :3

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 11:03:03 PM »
I suggest you to play the first two games before you start with Dark Dawn. Because the Story of Dark Dawn plays 30 years after the second game! The Heroes of this game are the children of the protagonists from the GBA games! 8]

XD Although they've been quite lazy with the character design as they look quite similar to the previous character design.

Can't wait for it regardless though. They just need to announce an EU release date now.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2010, 11:08:59 PM »
Oh so there is continuity with each entry in the series then? Better look into it then! Thanks for the heads up!

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2010, 11:25:37 PM »
What Golden Sun thread would be complete without the trailer for the new game?!

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:52:07 AM »
XD Although they've been quite lazy with the character design as they look quite similar to the previous character design.

Can't wait for it regardless though. They just need to announce an EU release date now.

Matthew is hot! Like is father!! :inlove:
Me can't wait it either! :oops:

Oh so there is continuity with each entry in the series then? Better look into it then! Thanks for the heads up!

Yep, that's right! The first game is not that long xD But the second game is very long...
The game itself should've been an one game with the story complete... But it must've been into two parts because of the poor space capacity of the Gameboy Advance! That#s why, we have two Golden Sun games with two Protagonists! xD

What I like about this game is that you can send all you Coins and DJinn's and all that stuff from the first to the second game, so you have them there too. (But only after you meet Isaac's party and they joining your party!)

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 02:06:00 AM »
Yep, that's right! The first game is not that long xD But the second game is very long...
The game itself should've been an one game with the story complete... But it must've been into two parts because of the poor space capacity of the Gameboy Advance! That#s why, we have two Golden Sun games with two Protagonists! xD

What I like about this game is that you can send all you Coins and DJinn's and all that stuff from the first to the second game, so you have them there too. (But only after you meet Isaac's party and they joining your party!)

The first game I completed (on a recent run through) in 16 hours 9 minutes XD That's having obtained all Djinn and done the optional Crossbone Isle. Plus it'd been at least 3 years since I last played it. Oh and I was only Level 29 XD

For a loner back then it was super annoying transferring everything across. That Gold password...UGH!

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2010, 02:15:58 AM »
Man, it's been so long since I played the first one.

Though I loved that game, what I remember really clearly aside from the jumping puzzles and grow ability was Ragnarok and Gaia Blade.
(Hey wait a second, those were games too right?)
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2010, 02:18:55 AM »
The first game I completed (on a recent run through) in 16 hours 9 minutes XD That's having obtained all Djinn and done the optional Crossbone Isle. Plus it'd been at least 3 years since I last played it. Oh and I was only Level 29 XD

Ain't that weird when it happens? I recently completed Metroid Prime after 5 years or so of not playing it, and yet I cleared it in 15hrs, the fastest time ever. Must be because there's some games out there so well designed and which you love that it leaves a lasting impression on the memory :D

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2010, 02:26:12 AM »
Man, it's been so long since I played the first one.

Though I loved that game, what I remember really clearly aside from the jumping puzzles and grow ability was Ragnarok and Gaia Blade.
(Hey wait a second, those were games too right?)

Gaia was a skill. Don't remember Gaia Blade XD Ragnarok was goddamn useful to me.

Ain't that weird when it happens? I recently completed Metroid Prime after 5 years or so of not playing it, and yet I cleared it in 15hrs, the fastest time ever. Must be because there's some games out there so well designed and which you love that it leaves a lasting impression on the memory :D

Yeah it's strange

I'm just playing Heartgold for now but do plan to transfer across my GS1 save to GS2 when I finally start playing it.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2010, 03:15:20 AM »
The Gold Password is very long... its freaking awesome!! You must be very careful by typing that password or else... you're lost!
Can't wait until I get my Gold Password and type that and can transfer everything to GS2! xD

I'll play the game on an emulator until I get my fingers on the Original ones!! My Isaac is the fastest right now.. NO! Don't ask how I did that... XD

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2010, 03:18:17 AM »
The Gold Password is very long... its freaking awesome!! You must be very careful by typing that password or else... you're lost!
Can't wait until I get my Gold Password and type that and can transfer everything to GS2! xD

I'll play the game on an emulator until I get my fingers on the Original ones!! My Isaac is the fastest right now.. NO! Don't ask how I did that... XD

My Isaac was the fastest on mine. Ninja shirt and another accessory and he was wham Ragnarok. XD Was fun.

Yeah the password annoys me. I thought I'd copied it perfectly onto my laptop then onto my GS2 game but no luck there :/ Gonna have to try again soon.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 03:30:03 AM »
Yay for Isaac! XD :peace: NO but I had it in mind to make Isaac the fastest.. because he is my ALL TIME favorite Character of the Golden Sun series! (and recently, his son Matthew too! :love:)

That sucks, really! But if you're successful, then you can play so long until you meet the old party again! xD
My plans are, that I'll play GS2 until I meet the old party and play the rest of the game with them! And yeah, I'll do everything to get them to the Level -in GS1- that is requiered on that status of the game, where you meet Isaac's party!

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2010, 03:36:36 AM »
Gaia was a skill. Don't remember Gaia Blade XD Ragnarok was goddamn useful to me.

This:

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Gaia_Blade
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2010, 03:45:10 AM »
The Gaia Blade is awesome! You can find it in the Venus Lighthouse!  :w00t:
Really... I love Venus-Adepts! XD

Offline Slack

• ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2010, 04:19:25 AM »

Yeah, the first game was only half of the story.
At least I assume it was half because they only got to 2 out of 4 lighthouses in the first one and I didn't get a chance to play the second one.

Offline jafeijai

• Member+
  • Music is my life ♪
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2010, 06:05:56 AM »
This:

http://goldensun.wikia.com/wiki/Gaia_Blade
The strongest blade in the original Golden Sun :thumbup

At least I assume it was half because they only got to 2 out of 4 lighthouses in the first one and I didn't get a chance to play the second one.
You're absolutely right on that.

The first game follows Isaac and his party as they attempt to stop the Mercury and Venus Lighthouses from being lit, whereas the second game follows Felix and his party as they attempt to light the Jupiter and Mars Lighthouses.

Offline EternalSkies

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaUno <3
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 11:34:09 AM »
Ahhh I remember Gaia Blade. I thought it was a skill XD But yeah I gave Isaac that weapon. Boom.

Despite GS1 having half the lighthouses the second game can take at least twice as much time.

Offline Ayako-Luna

• Suzuki Airi Fan No.1
  • Member+
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2010, 12:07:40 PM »
It would be awesome, if the GS series were two games full in one...
I mean.. The complete story to all four lighthouses through Isaacs party (like in the first game but only with the other two Lighthouses, Mars and Jupiter) and the other way through Felix' party (Merkur, how they kidnap Sheba, Venus, Jupiter and Mars...) That could be awesome! :inlove: But the game is still awesome like it is now xD

JPHiP Radio (26/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Who the Bitch - Cherry